4 hours ago, .kju said:

The faulty string type definition of cost values was fixed already in yesterday's dev branch update. So if thats the cause, it should work again already.

@Grumpy Old Man did you try with that already?

The video was made with yesterdays (the currently up to date) devbranch, approximately 3 hours after the devbranch 1.83.144808 went live.

Score when killing friendlies is -1 still.

4 hours ago, warkonaut said:

Killing a friendly soldier now awards player with fixed -1000 rating.

Now? As in devbranch 1.83.144808?

As of now I get -1 score on any friendly infantry killed.

The rating doesn't change at all.

BKHYxoQ.png

Repro mission.

Knock yourselves out.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

@Oukej while I love the new load wounded into vehicle option. Cheers for that.

There was enough feedback givin for the problem with putting the unload wounded options top of the action menus. 

Now I have seen several times in coop MP sessions, wounded being dragged out of the Heli by people trying to get into the Heli. 

This option would be much better suited bottom of the menu. As then it is far less likely to be triggered by someone just trying to get in.

If it is because it is attached to the same get in get out sequences and is efforts then understandable. 

Am I reading this right?  You can load people into vehicles with vanilla revive now?

I know they added it that you can unload people out of a heli but wasn't aware it worked both ways?

So yeah, this happened just now in Dev:
Tweaked: AI is no longer able to see through fallen trees (https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/216507-17-years-old-bug-in-a3-a-fallen-static-objects-geometries-bug/) 

Hurrah!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Am I reading this right?  You can load people into vehicles with vanilla revive now?

I know they added it that you can unload people out of a heli but wasn't aware it worked both ways?

I think he made a typo, should just be unloading.

• Like 1

Todays update 1.83.144812:

Nothing changed, still only -1 score for every friendly kill, rating doesn't move at all.

Same mission as posted earlier.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As before - no changes. Some walls miss a bullet from the T-114 commander's machine gun.

Im currently not in Dev since I lack the time for any testing or playing at all. My question is: 

Is this issue aknowlegded at all? It is ignored since it showed up with 1.82 in the tracker and was not solved with 1.82 hotfix.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128144

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Im currently not in Dev since I lack the time for any testing or playing at all. My question is: 

Is this issue aknowlegded at all? It is ignored since it showed up with 1.82 in the tracker and was not solved with 1.82 hotfix.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128144

At 3km terrain view distance the road is invisible at 700m distance, really odd.

6VNe32A.jpg

Cheers

On 5/23/2018 at 10:42 AM, warkonaut said:

Killing a friendly soldier now awards player with fixed -1000 rating.

Still not the case, neither on SP, local MP or dedicated.

Is this being worked on? Or did the change not hit the devbranch yet (one week later)?

To sum it up:

• in SP neither score nor rating changes upon a friendly kill
  • rating doesn't change in SP, local MP or dedicated
  • in local MP and dedicated score DOES change, but only -1 score for friendly infantry kills despite the above statement which refers to -1000 rating

Cheers

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Is this being worked on? Or did the change not hit the devbranch yet (one week later)?

Due to "logistical issues" Characters_F.pbo is not synced on devbranch. We might try to do some workaround tomorrow to get that score working again on devbranch

• Like 3

Added: Terrain awareness (TAWS-like) color-coded navigation panels to all vanilla aerial vehicles

Can the the AI be made to use this system, perhaps? Although i'd guess they use something similar already, but i was thinking... if we could set which zone the AI had to fly in... say I set in the editor that the AI needs to fly in the red or orange zone, with an altitude of 50m ATL, then it plots its flight paths through valleys and stuff (where the colour for the terrain would be red in the nav panel) at an alt of 50m from the ground. I.e. it stays 50m above the terrain but such that there are terrain features >=50m around it, unless there's an actual threat of crashing. I don't know if I'm making sense lol.

Added: A "Breakwater" user animation to Gorgon

Is a similar animation planned for the Marid as well?

The color zones are relative to your current altitude. Yellow = terrain is even with you, green = terrain is 50m or greater below you, red = terrain is above your current sea level altitude. So telling the AI to "fly in the red zone" would be telling them to tunnel underground.

3 hours ago, darkChozo said:

So telling the AI to "fly in the red zone" would be telling them to tunnel underground.

Yeah, i get that, but what i meant to say is, "use terrain masking"/"fly nap-of-the-earth". Mostly just wondering if this information can be used to improve AI flight.

Maybe a better way to phrase it is "plot the flight path within the green zone at a given altitude, if you're not in the green zone then find the nearest connecting green zone or increase altitude" - basically how a human would use it. Some sort of pathfinding at a given altitude - imagine a plane surface at height X meters intersected by the terrain. Effectively forms a 2D maze. Now you calculate a flight path through all the undisturbed regions, if you reach a dead end then increase height until you're no longer blocked (i suppose in TAWS terms, the point at which the indicator goes orange/red), then continue plotting as before. Flight path would probably have to be precalculated before takeoff/during init for the sake of performance, i guess?

Dunno if this is within the scope of A3 though, and i'm probably way beyond my depth here haha :don11:

Just a heads up,

friendly fire issue seems to be fixed!

Properly receiving -1000 rating now after a friendly infantry kill.

Cheers

• Like 4

Added: A small aiming dot on the AH-6's front windshield 

Spoiler

eTgRmPY.jpg

• Like 5

17 hours ago, pr9inichek said:

Never really understood the point of these markers. If you play with a TrackIR or similar tracking device, chances are you aren't going to be aligned properly.

I wish that thing was optional. Or not there at all.

And how would you aim your rockets without it? It's definitely an improvement. Even if you are out of alignment (which, BTW, you won't be if you look dead ahead), it's not meant for sniping, just indicating the general direction the rockets/minigun fire will go. It's more precise than the guess work we had to do before. IIRC, real helos of this sort often do have just that kind of marker.

TrackIR users are a niche playerbase. Don't assume everyone has or should get one, because it's hardly necessary, and quite frankly not a good investment in a world where VR is rapidly gaining ground.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

And how would you aim your rockets without it? It's definitely an improvement. Even if you are out of alignment (which, BTW, you won't be if you look dead ahead), it's not meant for sniping, just indicating the general direction the rockets/minigun fire will go. It's more precise than the guess work we had to do before. IIRC, real helos of this sort often do have just that kind of marker.

TrackIR users are a niche playerbase. Don't assume everyone has or should get one, because it's hardly necessary, and quite frankly not a good investment in a world where VR is rapidly gaining ground.

I can only imagine the pain with VR in arma.

The idle animations alone make me seasick even without VR.

Thankfully the constant hand to the face animation has been removed.

The marker for the AH-9 is a welcome addition in any case.

Cheers

• Like 1

Idle animations would be a problem with any sort of headtracking, not only VR. Hopefully BIS will consider this issue for A4. ArmA3 is from way before VR was a thing.

8 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Idle animations would be a problem with any sort of headtracking, not only VR. Hopefully BIS will consider this issue for A4. ArmA3 is from way before VR was a thing.

The first oculus rift dev version came out almost the same month as A3 alpha.

Cheers

I'm not saying it doesn't work, nor that ArmA3 was from before VR in general - in fact, Mechwarrior 2 supported VR (Sony Glasstron, specifically), and had the tech caught on back in 1996, OFP could very well have used it. However, the road from OR DK1 to an actually viable consumer system was long indeed.

• Like 1

The AH-9 windshield marker was much needed, good to see it make it in at last!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, pr9inichek said:

Hide contents

eTgRmPY.jpg

I am so thankful for this. I do use Trackir and still am excited.

16 hours ago, Jnr4817 said:

I am so thankful for this. I do use Trackir and still am excited.

:D holy sh*t, one can only wish that they keep squashing these really old bugs. Next the GPS (zoom, and shift click line).