27 minutes ago, h - said:

On the topic of scripting command improvement hopes, I wouldn't mind if we got a additional 'lifetime' parameters for the createVehicle/Agent etc commands :shrug: :

type createVehicle [position, timeToLive]
createVehicle [type, position, markers, placement, special, timeToLive]

playSound and playSound3D should have 'get' versions, even better if there was an event for this

<playedSound> //returns the most recent soundsource and the name of the most recent sound played
playSound "alarm";
playedSound; // returns [<source>, "alarm"]

<playedSound3D> //returns the most recent soundsource and the name of the most recent sound played
playSound3D ["A3\Sounds_F\sfx\blip1.wav", player];
playedSound3D; // returns [<soundsource>, "A3\Sounds_F\sfx\blip1.wav"]

or

addMissionEventHandler ["playedSound", {
    params["_soundSource", "_sound"];
}];

Also command for getting the length of the sound file wouldn't get frowned upon..

there is a new getMusicPlayedTime command, not one for sound tho

what is this "timeToLive" parameter for createVehicle, i dont understand

there's also a new undocumented alt syntax for createvehicle_array,

_vehicle = createVehicle [<string: type>,<array: position>];	// no need for markers/placement/special

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

what is this "timeToLive" parameter for createVehicle, i dont understand

Would be seconds to live after creation, as in the object would be automatically deleted after the given amount of seconds.

Some specific thoughts/issues with the current state of affairs:

Tweak/Sensors: Given that both the Nyx Recon and Strider (unarmed) have laser designators, may be a good idea to give the FireFIST a laser seeker after all (or add a variant with it). Previously i though it's unnecessary, but given that two vehicles on the AAF side have laser designators, it seems weird that none of their weapons have support for this.

Tweak/Sensors: The last time i tried shooting SRAAMs from the CAS jets it wasn't really viable, given how the IR sensors on those are aligned to the camera (and even then, seem to have strange angles). I was wondering if it's possible to have a second IR sensor on them that is nose aligned and only works for air targets? Ditto for helicopters like the Blackfoot. These aren't meant for dogfights but prevents them being useless for self-defence.

Request/Vehicle_Weapons: Wondering about where the team stands on variants of missiles like laser-guided Macers and anti-radiation missiles? (Edit: I know the latter was apparently WIP at some point)

Bug/Structures: House (Large,Abandoned) windows block grenades (problem with Geometry LOD) https://feedback.bistudio.com/T84758 . Causes grenades to bounce back at the person throwing them. Bad for obvious reasons.

Bug/Sounds: Incorrect sound effect inside Military Cargo Towers https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123851

Bug/Sounds: Bunker (Tower): Indoor sound environment used on 1st floor https://feedback.bistudio.com/T122026

EDIT: Just remembered more things...

Bug/Spectator: Markers disappear in End Game spectator free camera mode https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127526 (still an issue post 1.82)

Bug/Spectator: Spectator camera can reportedly "run out of stamina". Seems related to the above bug. I was told...

Use the fast move keys too much and you get the low-stamina screen effect

It's either that or it inherits the effect if you had it when you died

Whichever the cause is, it doesn't go away

I'm guessing that the stamina/hurt effect is drawing over the markers, causing them to disappear.

Edited by SuicideKing
Added more issues...
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, SuicideKing said:

Some specific thoughts/issues with the current state of affairs:

Tweak/Sensors: Given that both the Nyx Recon and Strider (unarmed) have laser designators, may be a good idea to give the FireFIST a laser seeker after all (or add a variant with it). Previously i though it's unnecessary, but given that two vehicles on the AAF side have laser designators, it seems weird that none of their weapons have support for this.

Yup, I fully agree.

23 minutes ago, SuicideKing said:

Bug/Structures: House (Large,Abandoned) windows block grenades (problem with Geometry LOD) https://feedback.bistudio.com/T84758 . Causes grenades to bounce back at the person throwing them. Bad for obvious reasons.

So, that's why those grenades bounced back!

I was starting to wonder if I was going crazy...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, scavenjer said:

So, that's why those grenades bounced back!

I was starting to wonder if I was going crazy...

Funny enough, bullets and UGL grenades pass right through.

Cheers

Added: A new activeSensorAlwaysOn ammo parameter 

Does this mean we can hope for a change to how IR AA missiles work where they will automatically attempt to lock potential targets they can sense just like real-life? At the moment, the player has to manually select an enemy aircraft to target by aiming the centre of his screen towards the aircraft and then immediately press "T" at the right moment which is really awkward in air vs air combat (Using "R" to cycle through potential targets only works for targets your aircraft can sense with it's own sensor package. No good if you're flying an aircraft which lacks it's own radar, IR and visual sensors).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all

Just trying to work out an issue I've noticed with how the Mod DLC icons display in the Virtual Arsenal (right side of screen) when you mouse over them.

I started a previous thread here but didn't get much of a community bite back, maybe it was the wrong place to post...

Anyway figure I'd post again here with extra info as It appears to be either a bug, or indeed an oversight that hasn't been updated on the Mod Presentation Wiki page.

Issue described below:

The APEX DLC Icons seem to work as intended this with NO mouse over:

fmmAMMxw_t.jpg

... and with mouse over, the Icon goes changes to the intended 'mouse-over' state:

c8BJRpC9_t.jpg

Now selecting a Mod (in this case the BIS unofficial ADR-97 Mod) you can see that the mod icon is displayed, however it is darker or dulled over:

5XGnXuiQ_t.jpg

Then mouse-over the Mod icon and we see it revert to the icon from the most recently working mod that we selected, in this case the APEX DLC icon, albeit a dulled down version:

vopImrRs_t.jpg

This issue happens with every mod I have tested that uses a Mod.cfg file to add custom logos, mine included.

The only ones unaffected appear to be official DLC which leads me to think that something was changed in the way those are implemented but it hasn't filtered through to the community knowledge base.

If someone were able to point me in the direction of the Mod.cfg file for the APEX DLC on an extracted P: drive I could do a bit more digging, I looked through the ui folders and found the image files but not the config.

Some may see this as a minor issue, and they'd probably be right, I'm a stickler for presentation, so figured I'd check into it.

Thanks

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 7:27 PM, a_killer_wombat said:

Added: A new activeSensorAlwaysOn ammo parameter 

Does this mean we can hope for a change to how IR AA missiles work where they will automatically attempt to lock potential targets they can sense just like real-life? At the moment, the player has to manually select an enemy aircraft to target by aiming the centre of his screen towards the aircraft and then immediately press "T" at the right moment which is really awkward in air vs air combat (Using "R" to cycle through potential targets only works for targets your aircraft can sense with it's own sensor package. No good if you're flying an aircraft which lacks it's own radar, IR and visual sensors).

The activeSensorAlwaysOn parameter relates to radar (active sensor) guided munitions and can be used to prevent the munition from acquiring a lock when vehicle radar is off or nonexistent.

The automatic target acquisition (autoSeekTarget) works only for launchers (shoulder-fired, like Titan AA). Enabling the same functionality for vehicle weapons has sadly not proved tech. feasible (we've looked into that during Jets development). So you will always need to use T or R to acquire a target in a vehicle.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, oukej said:

The activeSensorAlwaysOn parameter relates to radar (active sensor) guided munitions and can be used to prevent the munition from acquiring a lock when vehicle radar is off or nonexistent.

Aww that nerfs my DIY SAM truck. :P

But I can see why that would be required. Thanks for the details!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, oukej said:

So you will always need to use T or R to acquire a target in a vehicle.

I'm just curious: why very often you see target on radar, but can not lock it with a missile on plane/heli? Taking into account you're within missile lock range.

Hit T or R, but no effect.

1 minute ago, winse said:

I'm just curious: why very often you see target on radar, but can not lock it with a missile on plane? Taking into account you're within missile lock range.

Hit T or R, but no effect.

• T is for marking targets in boresight / center-of-screen (freelook) only. If there's a target that's visible to any sensor you should reliably mark the target (square brackets). The target doesn't have to be in missile's range, you don't even have to have any munition equipped or selected.
  • R is a bit trickier - it's used to cycle through all targets acquired by all sensors. But there's a prioritization applied - it will only cycle through targets suitable for the currently selected munition. With every second click returning the "mark" to the target with highest prio (highest threat, closest range). Also R won't mark a friendly target. (We wanted to improve that but so far it seems it may stay this way)
  • Like 1

Yeah, know that.

I meant R (aka Cycle Through Targets) sometimes does nothing despite I see targets on radar, my plane/heli is within lock range and is facing target direction.

I notice such behaveour pretty often in MP PvE scenarios, when plane/heli can't lock a target at distance making you come closer and closer to it.

Could be that the targets (vehicles) are not warmed up (engine on)? Some weapons systems require a heat signature to be able to lock, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable would better explain the differences though.

almost done with the simple object config for the Tanks DLC assets :)

just a few more (new Marid APC variant, and a couple Wreck models for the new assets)

O_APC_Wheeled_02_rcws_v2_F

O_T_APC_Wheeled_02_rcws_v2_ghex_F

land_wreck_afv_wheeled_01_f
land_wreck_mbt_04_f
land_wreck_lt_01_f

E087E7F23BD5B69F779F20411FF1B506755DAF30

Bohemia, would you consider this improvement?

Players love the ease of altering a unit's loadout in Virtual Arsenal. 

It would be great if we had a similar easy means to alter Groups & Factions, integrated into ARMA 3 (maybe as an extension of Virtual Arsenal?)

You could even make it a paid DLC...I would gladly fork over some $$$ for the easy ability to alter Groups & Factions (also using mod assets) and then export & save results as a new mod. 

I know there were community mods that attempted this and one can try writing out Configs, but problem is LACK OF EASE OF USE, not clear, requires hours, one tiny typo can mess everything up, most who attempt it give up in frustration, etc.

possibly related to or due to CfgExperience changes

old

class CfgExperience
{
	access = 1;
	destroyUnit[] = {"unit1", "unit2", "unit3", "unit4"};
	unit1[] = {2000, 0};
	unit2[] = {200000, 200};
	unit3[] = {500000, 500};
	unit4[] = {1e+006, 1000};
	destroyEnemy = 1;
	destroyFriendly = -7;
	destroyCivilian = -5;
	destroyStatic = 0;
	destroyYourUnit = -0.2;
	renegadeLimit = -2000;
	playerKilled = 0;
	commandCompleted = 0;
	commandFailed = 0;
	followMe = 0;
	missionCompleted = 0;
	missionFailed = 0;
	ranks[] = {0, 50, 150, 250, 350, 500, 750};
};

new (1.80 or 1.82)

class CfgExperience
{
	access = 1;
	destroyUnit[] = {"unit1","unit2","unit3"};//<-----------------
	unit1[] = {2000,0};
	unit2[] = {650000,200};//<-----------------
	unit3[] = {1e+007,500};//<-----------------
	destroyEnemy = 1;
	destroyFriendly = -5;//<-----------------
	destroyCivilian = -5;
	destroyStatic = 0;
	destroyYourUnit = -0.2;
	renegadeLimit = -2000;
	playerKilled = 0;
	commandCompleted = 0;
	commandFailed = 0;
	followMe = 0;
	missionCompleted = 0;
	missionFailed = 0;
	ranks[] = {0,0,0,0,0,0,0};//<-----------------
};

maybe it broke some code/logic elsewhere in the engine?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, .kju said:

maybe it broke some code/logic elsewhere in the engine?

Bummer.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but there's no more friendly fire punishment?

Just tested in local hosted MP, usually you'll join sideEnemy after killing 1-2 friendly infantry units, this no longer seems to be the case.

2 hours ago, .kju said:

possibly related to or due to CfgExperience changes

CfgExperience got adjusted together with changes in the revive system. Becoming renegade from FF should be roughly the same or only slightly more forgiving (except of killing higher ranks - now there's no difference between killing a soldier and a leader)

More probably the issue could've been caused by a recently introduced bug in cost values. Can you please try it again after next dev. update?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but there's no more friendly fire punishment?

Just tested in local hosted MP, usually you'll join sideEnemy after killing 1-2 friendly infantry units, this no longer seems to be the case.

@MAGA Man

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Dynamic_Groups

Cheers

I'm sorry, I don't really understand what this Dynamic Groups reference means. 

What I was trying to say is that perhaps most Arma 3 users don't know the first thing about doing Configs, what to put in the Init box, etc. This is including me. 

So for example, there is a well-known mod called ALiVE which contains an ORBAT Creator for Unit/Group/Faction Configuration. Seemed promisingly easy to use...except it isn't clear how to use it.

We need something like easy-to-use Virtual Arsenal for Groups/factions : Snap together the customized Loadouts, connect together & name the Groups/Factions, Save to Disk or Export to Mod, PLAY with the results in 10 minutes or less. No need to type out anything in Config or Init yourself, just like I don't have to do that to get custom result I want for a Unit in Virtual Arsenal. 

6 hours ago, oukej said:

CfgExperience got adjusted together with changes in the revive system. Becoming renegade from FF should be roughly the same or only slightly more forgiving (except of killing higher ranks - now there's no difference between killing a soldier and a leader)

Can you please provide an example on how to get renegade then?

Or at least provide an example how it is "roughly the same" or "slightly more forgiving"?

Killing a friendly changed your score by -1400,  once you'll drop below -2000 you'd autojoin sideEnemy.

As of now you receive -1 score after killing any friendly infantry unit,

which makes friendly AI free for all targets in a regular MP session without any consequences whatsoever.

You'd need to kill 2000 friendly infantry units to join sideEnemy with the current state.

Cheers

4 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Killing a friendly changed your score by -1400,  once you'll drop below -2000 you'd autojoin sideEnemy.

As of now you receive -1 score after killing any friendly infantry unit,

which makes friendly AI free for all targets in a regular MP session without any consequences whatsoever.

You'd need to kill 2000 friendly infantry units to join sideEnemy with the current state.

11 hours ago, oukej said:

More probably the issue could've been caused by a recently introduced bug in cost values. Can you please try it again after next dev. update?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Oukej while I love the new load wounded into vehicle option. Cheers for that.

There was enough feedback givin for the problem with putting the unload wounded options top of the action menus. 

Now I have seen several times in coop MP sessions, wounded being dragged out of the Heli by people trying to get into the Heli. 

This option would be much better suited bottom of the menu. As then it is far less likely to be triggered by someone just trying to get in.

If it is because it is attached to the same get in get out sequences and is efforts then understandable. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, oukej said:

The faulty string type definition of cost values was fixed already in yesterday's dev branch update. So if thats the cause, it should work again already.

@Grumpy Old Man did you try with that already?

3 minutes ago, .kju said:

The faulty string type definition of cost values was fixed already in yesterday's dev branch update. So if thats the cause, it should work again already.

@Grumpy Old Man did you try with that already?

Killing a friendly soldier now awards player with fixed -1000 rating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1