Would it be possible to look at the zoom levels in the armed blackfish. With the two zoom levels currently it is difficult to get good situational awareness in most situations.  There needs to be a wide area zoom level to make picking out targets and orientating with the aircraft a bit easier. 

• Like 1

friendly reminder that a lot of Tanks DLC assets do not yet have correct simple object configs

B0478258C97A882EA5C9EEABB9B601FC36FCA640

• Thanks 1

we are still seeing bombs flying around like guided missiles and doing loops.

bombs should break lock if the target leaves the locking cone during flight, and shouldnt be able to reverse direction or pull stunts.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

we are still seeing bombs flying around like guided missiles and doing loops.

bombs should break lock if the target leaves the locking cone during flight, and shouldnt be able to reverse direction or pull stunts.

At least it's perfectly in line with AI driving.

Spoiler

:yay:

Cheers

game crashes after alt-tabbing more than 3 times at random.

Aside from that, as things are winding down i have a small request. Would it be possible to remove the ability for aircraft to see targets below the Sea-Level. This prevents radars from acting as sonar, and essentially retain the stealth aspect of underwater vehicles.

• Like 1

Noticed that the MH-9 and the M-900 series of Helicopters are not retaining changes to doors/seating components in the Vehicle Garage/Editor.

Paint jobs seem to be fine as do the treads components.

I'll get a feedback ticket up sometime today.

• Like 1

the cost and threat parameter tweaking is somewhat botched

cost values are mostly strings now and threat are missing defines at times 

commandArtilleyFire script does not work for MLRS:

MLRS1 commandArtilleryFire [getPos target1, "12Rnd_230mm_rockets", 8];  - nothing happens at any distance.

6 hours ago, kill mig said:

MLRS1 commandArtilleryFire [getPos target1, "12Rnd_230mm_rockets", 8];  - nothing happens at any distance.

Doubt you tested it at multiple distances, the MLRS can fire at targets between ~2km and ~73km.

Make sure there's no terrain intersecting the line of fire and the distance is actually big enough for the MLRS to commence the fire order.

Elevation difference can, in some rare cases, be a factor to prevent the artillery from firing.

Maximum distance is around 73km between arty gun and target position so make sure you'll not go beyond that (firing at 45° elevation with 810m/s charge, simple parabola formula applies here).

Also make sure the names are correct.

You can also check if an artillery gun is able to fire at a certain position with a certain magazine like this:

GOM_fnc_artyFire = {

params ["_artyGun","_mag","_targetPos","_rounds"];
	_inRange = _targetPos inRangeOfArtillery [[_artyGun], _mag];
	_ETA = _artyGun getArtilleryETA [_targetPos, _mag];

if (!_inRange) exitWith {systemchat "Gun not in range"};
	if (_ETA isEqualTo -1) exitWith {systemchat "Target can't be hit"};

systemchat format ["%1 firing! ETA: %2s!",_artyGun,_ETA];
	_artyGun commandArtilleryFire [_targetPos, _mag, _rounds];
	true
};

_fire = [MLRS1,"12Rnd_230mm_rockets",getPos target1,8] call GOM_fnc_artyFire;

Cheers

• Like 1

Why would LOS be a factor? Every commanded arty barrage I've seen in ArmA used a high-angle trajectory. Elevation means very little in that case, and there might be a mountain in the way, for all it cares, unless we're talking about modded maps with large elevation differences. Unless that script command does it differently, it should work for anything that's further than 2km up to 73km (you can get such a distance between points on land on vanilla maps).

8 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Why would LOS be a factor? Every commanded arty barrage I've seen in ArmA used a high-angle trajectory. Elevation means very little in that case, and there might be a mountain in the way, for all it cares, unless we're talking about modded maps with large elevation differences. Unless that script command does it differently, it should work for anything that's further than 2km up to 73km (you can get such a distance between points on land on vanilla maps).

LOS? Didn't mention that anywhere.

Elevation can make a difference.

Let's say the gun can fire at targets on same altitude at a minimum distance of 1500m.

If the target altitude drops lower, no more firing solution is possible.

There are also special cases when the target is within firing range, both inRangeOfArtillery returns true and getArtilleryETA returns a positive number, the AI arty still won't fire, even when manual fire using the artillery computer is possible.

Try out this mission and see for yourself, AI won't fire. Place yourself as gunner and you can manually fire at the target.

This is pretty rare though and only happens at close ranges/extreme altitude differences.

Since he was very unspecific about the circumstances of the command not working, I took every possible case into consideration.

Cheers

On 5/5/2018 at 7:08 AM, kill mig said:

The artillery commands are case sensitive, double check to ensure that this is correct:

"12Rnd_230mm_rockets"

for instance this would fail:

"12RND_230MM_ROCKETS"

and this would fail too

"12Rnd_230Mm_Rockets"

• Like 1

Has anyone been looking into the severe crashing happening on stable when you alt tab 3 or more times.

I mean I have to sign out of my pc to stop it. 

first seen reported by Darksideoffical.

playing mp, using sound mods will try get solid repro on vanilla.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, teabagginpeople said:

Has anyone been looking into the severe crashing happening on stable when you alt tab 3 or more times.

I'm also getting something similar.

2 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

Only experienced this twice (Using Windows 10) it's hard to reproduce, not sure I can suggest a definite repro.

I think one time I was Alt-Tabbing from the editor and the other time from the main menu, but I've been Tabbing back and forth numerous times while working on configs over the last week and haven't had an issue.

I wonder if it's something not specifically related to ARMA and maybe a Win10/steam issue...

Signing in and out of your windows account/shutting down PC does seems to be the only way to fix it.

Just now, Electricleash said:

Only experienced this twice (Using Windows 10) it's hard to reproduce, not sure I can suggest a definite repro.

I think one time I was Alt-Tabbing from the editor and the other time from the main menu, but I've been Tabbing back and forth numerous times while working on configs over the last week and haven't had an issue.

I wonder if it's something not specifically related to ARMA and maybe a Win10/steam issue...

Signing in and out of your windows account/shutting down PC does seems to be the only way to fix it.

I could actually fix it by using Ctrl + Alt + Delete and opening task manager, prrssing Alt + Windows, then dragging Arma 3 onto a different desktop. Then I just shut it down with task manager.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

Are you using the 32 bit .exe? 

I had the same issue. First it happened just when tabbing out of the game after a while it happened occasionally while simply playing. Nothing helped until I reinstalled the game completely and used the 64 bit .exe from that point.

It's a windows 10 issue since the creators update. I've heard Overwatch has the same problem.

The game freezing when alt-tabbing is most common if you do it during a loading screen.

I was wondering what is the status on the possibility of changing the rvmats for the Marksman DLC vests? I know the issue was brought up on reddit, with dwarden responding that the QA team would look at it.

Here's the relevant reddit post:

• Like 1

Thank you for the hotfix guys, the simple object configs on new assets are very welcome (there are still a few missing though, such as the new "wreck" models)

Is there a problem with the target camera on planes? Its just zooming in but not changing to the target cam.....

No mods used, tried to change the keybindings aswell.

requesting small extension for this script command

difficultyOption

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/difficultyOption

To return the entire list of difficulties we have to do this:

(difficultyOption 'autoReport'),
		(difficultyOption 'cameraShake'),
		(difficultyOption 'commands'),
		(difficultyOption 'deathMessages'),
		(difficultyOption 'detectedMines'),
		(difficultyOption 'enemyTags'),

the command could be extended to return an array containing the state of all difficulty options, for instance:

_list = difficultyOption "";	// [ ['autoReport',1], ['cameraShake',1], ['commands',2], ['deathMessages',1], ['detectedMines',0], ... , ... ]

• Like 2

Also it seems that AI is unable to predict the turn of an aircraft. If an aircraft, for example a drone is loitering, Autocannons (AA tanks or  Praetorian 1C AAA) will not be able to shoot it down

Edit (after testing): at certain altitudes/maneuvers, seems to be mostly a problem in MP though / prob due to desync.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1