@fn_Quiksilver - Before the release, during a data lock (code freeze), only critical fixes and crash fixes get through. No matter how small and safe a fix could be, This one simply has not been deemed as critical.
Don't feed the trolls ;)

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Electricleash said:

4. Indisposed :f:

5. Logistical issues.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, scavenjer said:

You're supposed to move after popping the smoke.... it only blocks visual and thermal, it doesn't block solid missiles.

The missile will stay on it's path, so if you don't move... you'll still get hit.

Hmm. Still  I did not notice what you were saying. 

Several times I conducted a special experiments.

I put in the editor against himself BTR-Kamysh and after alert  of incoming missile I let out smoke and I try move and move from current posion, however I still got a missile hit. However my experience is not great, I will try again

(Reposted Question so it doesnt get missed out)

Ive been trying to trigger the ERA armor (reactive armor) in the front of the rhino UP by shooting heat rocketson them but for some reason it just wont go off. It works on the angara, the t100 and on the slammers. But atleased i havnt been able to trigger it on the rhino UP. Tested With HE and Heat with no luck. Please tell me if its a bug or im doing something wrong.

Would really appreciate an answer

Best regards 

28 minutes ago, mickeymen said:

Hmm. Still  I did not notice what you were saying. 

Several times I conducted a special experiments.

I put in the editor against himself BTR-Kamysh and after alert  of incoming missile I let out smoke and I try move and move from current posion, however I still got a missile hit. However my experience is not great, I will try again

I experienced with the scalpel missile that when the lock gets broken by smoke the missile switches back to manual guidance. So if the gunner still points the turret onto the target the missile will still hit. Should be the same with all manual guided missiles.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

I experienced with the scalpel missile that when the lock gets broken by smoke the missile switches back to manual guidance. So if the gunner still points the turret onto the target the missile will still hit. Should be the same with all manual guided missiles.

^this, I've noticed the same when dealing with AI, completely forgot about that.

40 minutes ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

This does not seem to me fair, since the gunner (operator of flying missile) should not see the target and continue the self attack.

The target is already inside the smoke and for this reason must be invisible

37 minutes ago, mickeymen said:

This does not seem to me fair, since the gunner (operator of flying missile) should not see the target and continue the self attack.

The target is inside the smoke and is invisible

Well then you have to move as well...

@oukej

Can I suggest something. Can NATO tank crews wore uniforms with full lenght sleeves, as tank crews should wore clothes that fully protect their bodies.

Also tank crews should wore standard infantry ballistic vests or plate carriers, because this is a standard operating procedure, as tank crews need protection both inside and outside vehicle.

Example of this is US Army MSS - Mounted Soldier System.

Could this be done for a next minor patch?

• Like 5

Asolutely +1 for the changes to the armoured vehicle crew loadouts! I've always hated the bandolier for these units - I was hoping the vehicle crews would get a re-work in Tanks DLC ..... still hopeful ;-)

• Like 1

On 13.03.2018 at 1:22 AM, twistking said:

i promise, this will be the last time i bring this up, but i feel it is such an important yet tiny feature:

have you considered adding the possibilty to lock turrets facing forward, or alternatively disable turret stabilization on button press?

there are many ways to make this a fully developed feature, but even a crude implementation without custom UI and aniamtion could be sufficient:

f.e. double left ctrl for >turretlock/stab off< (as in infantry: lower weapon) and left click for >turret unlock/stab on< (as in infantry: raise weapon)

this would so much improve every second of non combat maneuvering!!! (no need to constantly pan around the turret to keep it at 12, less complex movement and better awareness for the commander, more realistic looking tanks in cruise mode)

for AI this could simply be bound to alert state (safe - aware).

i'll shut up about this now...

still wish about feature

Can you take a look at the blackfish 105mm ammo. It appears that its a HEAT round with little to no splash range where it should be a HE round with a decent area effect. The other thing I'm noticing is AI won't always obey the loiter direction in the loiter waypoint or if it does after a while it ends up going the opposite direction. 

BUG i noticed with animations when holding a missile launcher:

• open inventory
  • remove magazine of your main rifle and drop it on the ground
  • pick the magazine from the ground and put it in your main rifle

your guy will reload the rifle with the left hand (rifle floats in the air), while right hand holds the launcher

No mods.

launcherbugmps2c.jpg

13 hours ago, Damian90 said:

@oukej

Can I suggest something. Can NATO tank crews wore uniforms with full lenght sleeves, as tank crews should wore clothes that fully protect their bodies.

Also tank crews should wore standard infantry ballistic vests or plate carriers, because this is a standard operating procedure, as tank crews need protection both inside and outside vehicle.

Example of this is US Army MSS - Mounted Soldier System.

Could this be done for a next minor patch?

Vests and Helmets are a no go inside a MBT or IFV for the operating crew. YOu cant get out with that stuff fast enough and none of theat stuff is mande from fire resistant fabric... the tanker equipment is, similar to that of a pilot. Tanker equipment also must be made in a way to prevent any kind of catching on equipment, so no loops, hooks or Molle.

3 hours ago, Beagle said:

Vests and Helmets are a no go inside a MBT or IFV for the operating crew. YOu cant get out with that stuff fast enough and none of theat stuff is mande from fire resistant fabric... the tanker equipment is, similar to that of a pilot. Tanker equipment also must be made in a way to prevent any kind of catching on equipment, so no loops, hooks or Molle.

This is probably why actual tank crews use same ballistic vests as infantry, with the same MOLLE attachements? ;)

Sorry to destroy your imagination but I actually seen what kind of equipment modern US tank crews use, when i had opportunity to be inside US Army M1A2SEPv2. ;)

5 hours ago, Damian90 said:

This is probably why actual tank crews use same ballistic vests as infantry, with the same MOLLE attachements? ;)

Sorry to destroy your imagination but I actually seen what kind of equipment modern US tank crews use, when i had opportunity to be inside US Army M1A2SEPv2. ;)

Fair enough, but you're talking about the US specifically and the US isn't the standard. (Atleast for Europe)

For example: M1s are usually packed with lots of external equipment stored in the bustle rack, stuff that can catch fire.

That's how several M1s were "destroyed" by RPG fire, the equipment caught fire and it burned most of the tank.

German leopard crews are forbidden from storing any equipment on the outside of their tank, they store such things either in externally mounted containers or in their logistics trucks.

So a difference in doctrine is quite apparent, though I'm not sure if the Brits do the same.

Edit: quoting an Austrian leopard 2 loader "*Vulgar language*. I'm not wearing regualr fatigues in a tank that's got 45°C at times..."

They wear special fire proof uniforms designed to insulate their bodies from cold and heat.

With as few "stuff" on them as possible.

48 minutes ago, scavenjer said:

Fair enough, but you're talking about the US specifically and the US isn't the standard. (Atleast for Europe)

For example: M1s are usually packed with lots of external equipment stored in the bustle rack, stuff that can catch fire.

That's how several M1s were "destroyed" by RPG fire, the equipment caught fire and it burned most of the tank.

German leopard crews are forbidden from storing any equipment on the outside of their tank, they store such things either in externally mounted containers or in their logistics trucks.

So a difference in doctrine is quite apparent, though I'm not sure if the Brits do the same.

Edit: quoting an Austrian leopard 2 loader "*Vulgar language*. I'm not wearing regualr fatigues in a tank that's got 45°C at times..."

They wear special fire proof uniforms designed to insulate their bodies from cold and heat.

With as few "stuff" on them as possible.

US Army changed it's SOP concernig storing equipment outside, now it is also forbidden in combat zones.

However tank crews are mandatory to wore body armor.

In Europe also armies that have actual combat experience, in combat conditions, have tank and vehicle crews to have body armor, for example British Army. Polish Army also had body armor for AFV crews in Afghanistan. Heck even German army had AFV crews to wore body armor in combat conditions.

IDF for example also have mandatory body armor for tank crews, and recently Russians do the same.

I think you guys look too much how armies look like during peace time, and not during war time, and it's very different. During my time in the army, we never wore body armor during training, but during war time every single guy in my company would get body armor.

And in Arma3, NATO is represented by the US Army in majority of cases.

@oukej A question.

Will T-140 and T-140K got it's turret locked when driver and commander hatches are open?

Will M2A1 and M2A4 Slammer UP got their drivers hatches openable, and if yes, then turret also should be locked when drivers hatch is open.

14 hours ago, x3kj said:

BUG i noticed with animations when holding a missile launcher:

• open inventory
  • remove magazine of your main rifle and drop it on the ground
  • pick the magazine from the ground and put it in your main rifle

your guy will reload the rifle with the left hand (rifle floats in the air), while right hand holds the launcher

No mods.

Also when I play the "pointing finger" animation with my rifle in hand I suddenly hold my pistol in my right hand and point with that. That also came with the new update.

@Damian90

Body armour is one thing, having any kind of webbing/Molle gear for storing magazines is another.

Yes even the Germans use body armour, but it's more similar to the press vest we have in-game than the stuff normal infantry wears.

IIRC there's a couple of programs currently in development in Europe and the US that are trying to make what CSAT uses in-game, some form of temperature regulated Kevlar/plastic/fabric "spacesuit", can't find a lot of info on that though.

The Canadians that were using 2A4Ms were complaining about the tanks getting extremely hot, when they switched to 2A6Ms this changed (especially with Barracuda).

Now they do wear full body armour, though still not normal infantry fatigues.

Leopard-2A6M-CAN-Tank.jpg?resize=1080,67

Not an optimal picture, but you can see that he doesn't have some kind of carrier rig (couldn't resist posting a picture of the awesome looking 2A6M :D).

I do agree that they should get long sleeves though, especially in hot environments long sleeves are essential.

27 minutes ago, scavenjer said:

@Damian90

Body armour is one thing, having any kind of webbing/Molle gear for storing magazines is another.

Yes even the Germans use body armour, but it's more similar to the press vest we have in-game than the stuff normal infantry wears.

IIRC there's a couple of programs currently in development in Europe and the US that are trying to make what CSAT uses in-game, some form of temperature regulated Kevlar/plastic/fabric "spacesuit", can't find a lot of info on that though.

The Canadians that were using 2A4Ms were complaining about the tanks getting extremely hot, when they switched to 2A6Ms this changed (especially with Barracuda).

Now they do wear full body armour, though still not normal infantry fatigues.

Leopard-2A6M-CAN-Tank.jpg?resize=1080,67

Not an optimal picture, but you can see that he doesn't have some kind of carrier rig (couldn't resist posting a picture of the awesome looking 2A6M :D).

I do agree that they should get long sleeves though, especially in hot environments long sleeves are essential.

US tank crews on their body armor have sidearm holster (eventually holster is attacked to the belt or leg holster is used) and some mag pouches for both sidearm and carbine + some other stuff, not much tough.

This is how current US Army MSS (Mounted Soldier System) uniform, CVC helmet, body armor, nomex coveralls, nomex balaclava, nomex gloves and other equipment looks like. In this case soldier lacks his personal weapons as it's for demonstration purpose only.

Mounted_Soldier_System_cropped.jpg

And here on the proving grounds, but in full combat gear. On the body armor this tanker have it's MOLLE with pouches and other stuff.

boresighting-the-120mm-gun-on-a-m1a2sep-

That's quite a lot of stuff that poor guy has to carry about, I hope he doesn't have to carry any 556 mags on top of that while in the tank....

16 minutes ago, scavenjer said:

That's quite a lot of stuff that poor guy has to carry about, I hope he doesn't have to carry any 556 mags on top of that while in the tank....

Maybe the hatches are also are much wider now!

Those narrow holes were the most limting factor regarding any worn gear.

18 minutes ago, scavenjer said:

Combat experience shows that vehicle crews should carry sidearms and also if possible carbines.

Besides 5.56mm ammo mags are not heavy, having 4 or 6 makes really no difference and you don't even feel that weight they have.

On this video you can see that for example this tank commander, besides his Commander Weapon Station M2HB 12.7mm machine gun, also prepares his M9 sidearms and carbine.

Maybe the hatches are also are much wider now!

Those narrow holes were the most limting factor regarding any worn gear.

Indeed hatches are now much wider and comfortable. I had absolutely no problems to get through Leopard 2A4, Leopard 2A5 and M1A2SEPv2 hatches, both in hull and turret. They are wide enough even if you have body armor and all that stuff on yourself. M1A2SEPv2's hatches were the most comfortable AFV hatches I ever used, it was the easiest AFV to get in and out I ever encountered.

A lot changed compared to WWII tanks, even early to mid Cold War tanks are nowhere near to the modern 3rd and 4th generation MBT's.

(Bug Report)

Ive found a bug, If you go with a Rhino ups and you also are connected to a darter, every time you enter darter and zoom in the player inside the tank will autimatically turn out. Happends every time and ive even tried to remapp keys but it still turns out. Please fix this since its crucial if you wanna shoot Missiles from rhino and while your on darter your player is turned out on the tank.

Edit: Happends as soon as you press left shift the player auto turns out. Easy way to test it is, Place yourself in Rhino, Put a darter in editor and look on rhino on ground and zoom in on the darter. The player will turn out of the rhino.

Not sure im posting this on the correct Place, if not please someone post it so devs sees it.

Best regards

On 12.04.2018 at 3:29 PM, Imperator[TFD] said:

Both the Wipeout and Neophron have had their flight models updated to be in line with the rest of the jets in the game.  They are now slightly more realistic.

Adapt and overcome.

Dude, you don't know what are you talking about.  It is a bullshit now. For many ways. The drunk tailshaking it is just the most annoying thing i mentioned.
I don't want this. My friends called it a brick model. For some reason i guess.

I moving into the appropriate topic, sry :/