@Imperator[TFD]     Making the ai gunner in the gunships look at the target via 'target' sounds good, but in practice it seems only to work when your gunship is absolutely stationary. As soon as you drift a bit  or climb/descend slightly, the gunner's laser will be displaced with the gunships movement in space. By the time your missile reaches said target, its way off. Is that how it has always been or is it broken atm?

On 13/04/2018 at 6:38 PM, fn_Quiksilver said:

#meToo

Getting in trouble with a vehicle with low ground clearance at that wall is not the issue, but the real solution would not be to just let them clip trough, but make the dry walls collapse.

• Like 6

I just noticed the improved map graphics in the editor. It's a really nice upgrade. The map is far more easier to read now.

Is there a way to have the same effect while playing ?

• Like 2

New assets still do not have simple object configurations. spawning as simple object = muzzle flash, bis clan tag, and spawning with incorrect Z-axis offset, and (in case of offroad AT), default offroad camo

8622DBFD5F3EF94CE494142188F18CC0C4C18902

AB8A48EB1272083F760CA01416152FBC955770BE

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, heavygunner said:

Is there still a possibility of getting Anti-radiation missiles for vanilla?

It would be really easy since there are anti-radiation sensors already in game. I made a small addon that utilizes those and works perfectly fine.

• Like 1

I don't know, if it has already been asked, but has the vehicle storage capacity been drastically reduced!? I can put much less weapons, ammo and items into the vehicle cargo of either the "Prowler (Minigun)" or "Qilin (Minigun)" - is this a bug or is it intended? Is only the Prowler/Qilin affected or does this change affect all vehicle types?

Thanks for Enlightment,

T.S.O.M.

Ive been trying to trigger the ERA armor (reactive armor) in the front of the rhino UP by shooting heat rocketson them but for some reason it just wont go off. It works on the angara, the t100 and on the slammers. But atleased i havnt been able to trigger it on the rhino UP. Tested With HE and Heat with no luck. Please tell me if its a bug or im doing something wrong.

Best regards 

Holy crap.  On release nothing wants to die.  Using T140 we were having to hit CSAT artillery pieces like 8-10 times to disable them.  One piece we were never able to fully disable.  We had to ram it and send it into orbit to kill it.
Anyone else experiencing these issues?

8 hours ago, ski2060 said:

On release nothing wants to die

That's not been my experience, so i suppose you mean that the one thing you've tested does not want to die. ;)

Also, can you check whether it's actually taking damage or if the crew has bailed?

I'll see if I can get some guys on the server to test it out again today.
It was the Pacific CSAT Self Propelled Artillery piece, Sochor. 
I just tried again.  It took at least 8 direct hits at 400 meters to get crew to dismount.  HEAT and AP rounds.    It never did explode or catch fire.   Checking with Zeus it was down to about 10-15% of hitpoints.

1 hour ago, ski2060 said:

I'll see if I can get some guys on the server to test it out again today.
It was the Pacific CSAT Self Propelled Artillery piece, Sochor. 
I just tried again.  It took at least 8 direct hits at 400 meters to get crew to dismount.  HEAT and AP rounds.    It never did explode or catch fire.   Checking with Zeus it was down to about 10-15% of hitpoints.

Where were you shooting? any mods?

With what vehicle?

On 14.4.2018 at 5:04 PM, The Spirit of Morpheus said:

I don't know, if it has already been asked, but has the vehicle storage capacity been drastically reduced!? I can put much less weapons, ammo and items into the vehicle cargo of either the "Prowler (Minigun)" or "Qilin (Minigun)" - is this a bug or is it intended? Is only the Prowler/Qilin affected or does this change affect all vehicle types?

Thanks for Enlightment,

T.S.O.M.

Can someone please answer my question or is this the wrong thread?

T.S.O.M.

2 hours ago, The Spirit of Morpheus said:

Can someone please answer my question or is this the wrong thread?

T.S.O.M.

It's sunday, I think tomorrow you might get an answer, did you see wether it was the armed or unarmed version?

Because they changed the total ammo capacity on the Gorgon and other APCs, so it wouldn't surprise me if they reduced the carrying capacity for other items.

Hey users, maybe anyone can tell me?

A player inside "Rhino MGS" has warnings about an incoming missiles.

The sensors of Rhino show this, but the "C-button" (countermeasures) do not seem to work.

It only releases smoke, that does not protect Rhino from the approaching missile. Maybe there is some kind of secret countermeasures? 

Otherwise, I do not quite understand why an incoming missile is being shown,  if Rhino no has any countermeasures against incoming missile

15 minutes ago, mickeymen said:

Hey users, maybe anyone can tell me?

A player inside "Rhino MGS" has warnings about an incoming missiles.

The sensors of Rhino show this, but the "C-button" (countermeasures) do not seem to work.

It only releases smoke, that does not protect Rhino from the approaching missile. Maybe there is some kind of secret countermeasures? 

Otherwise, I do not quite understand why an incoming missile is being shown,  if Rhino no has any countermeasures against incoming missile

You're supposed to move after popping the smoke.... it only blocks visual and thermal, it doesn't block solid missiles.

The missile will stay on it's path, so if you don't move... you'll still get hit.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mickeymen said:

-snip-

Smoke as countermeasures are a bit tricky. This is from my personal experience, and not proven facts.

The smoke wall itself provides no cover against missiles, you can easily test that in the editor by firing a missile at a vehicle that is already covered by smoke.

Instead they work similar to flares, even if you have directional smoke and fire the smoke into the opposite direction, the missile will still be blocked.

That why they also require similar timings, as flares do  in jets. I would recommend to use smoke at ~800m from the missile (similar distance the AI triggers it at)

35 minutes ago, scavenjer said:

You're supposed to move after popping the smoke.... it only blocks visual and thermal, it doesn't block solid missiles.

The missile will stay on it's path, so if you don't move... you'll still get hit.

This is not correct, even if you don't move the missile will often miss. Though moving increases the chance for it to miss :)

Also the smoke does not really block sensors well, as you can often still get a lock through it. Its more like an optical decoration.

• Like 1

New AT launchers have some bug with rockets on high distance of fly. On distance over 2+ km rocket change random direction from target.

5 hours ago, scavenjer said:

It's sunday, I think tomorrow you might get an answer, did you see wether it was the armed or unarmed version?

Because they changed the total ammo capacity on the Gorgon and other APCs, so it wouldn't surprise me if they reduced the carrying capacity for other items.

I think that doesn't matter, because apparently they reduced the storage capacity for all (or almost all) vehicle types - I tested that with various other vehicles (MRAP, various Truck types) in Eden Editor and their storage capacity was massively reduced.

It may be more realistic now, but the cargo capacity is UNBEARABLY low... BI, please do something! :down:

At least, add an option (for the next game/platform update) to use the old storage system, if needed... 

T.S.O.M. 

6 minutes ago, silenttikeus said:

New AT launchers have some bug with rockets on high distance of fly. On distance over 2+ km rocket change random direction from target.

Euh, that's because the Vorona has a maximum guidance range of 2KM, I've already proposed that they could increase it a little.

It's working as intended now though.

Already accidentally unloaded as incapacitated 3 times now in just a few minutes.

This was expected, and reported 3 times over the past 9 weeks, to bury the "Unload Incapacitated" option on the scroll wheel to lower priority than the default actions. Its a 2 minute fix to change the priority number to a negative number.

1. Inactive

2. Incompentent

3. Indolent

which one?

7B482B57DB6AA8B1AE1E9DA10B85692DD0B9E1AD

BA619AE6C1055791E3C400B4C2917381637B8350

Co8E2eR.jpg

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

Already accidentally unloaded as incapacitated 3 times now in just a few minutes.

This was expected, and reported 3 times over the past 9 weeks, to bury the "Unload Incapacitated" option on the scroll wheel to lower priority than the default actions. Its a 2 minute fix to change the priority number to a negative number.

1. Inactive

2. Incompentent

3. Indolent

which one?

4. Indisposed :f: