9 hours ago, Beagle said:

2000m was always the safe altitude for any aircraft in the series. That's nothing new. AND 2000m vertical is quite some altitude, even in DCS the danger of beeign shot down by AA guns is minimal at that altitude at good speed.

As you may see on the video, missiles reach the altitude at good speed, so the altitude is not "safe" in theory. But they fly away instead of at least exploding on loosing target.

34 minutes ago, winse said:

As you may see on the video, missiles reach the altitude at good speed, so the altitude is not "safe" in theory. But they fly away instead of at least exploding on loosing target.

This is something that has bugged me with AA and AAA since the first Tigris arrived on the battlefield. With the sensors update i really hoped for proximity fuses (theyve been around since ww2). If the 35 mm rounds or IR missiles would detonate within 5-10 m of an aircraft and deal splash damage AA/AAA would be much more interesting. This could be done as separate magazines and then be utilized by mission makers to balance things out.

@oukej

I found a small bug, it seems that M2A4 Slammer UP do not have a main gun recoil animation.

2 hours ago, jone_kone said:

This is something that has bugged me with AA and AAA since the first Tigris arrived on the battlefield. With the sensors update i really hoped for proximity fuses (theyve been around since ww2). If the 35 mm rounds or IR missiles would detonate within 5-10 m of an aircraft and deal splash damage AA/AAA would be much more interesting. This could be done as separate magazines and then be utilized by mission makers to balance things out.

actually it should be in the game... maybe they broke it.

@oukej wrote this a while ago

Proximity - currently the range for proximity explosions is set to ~20m for short-range and ~30m for medium-range missiles. The indirect damage should still harm the plane if the missile explodes at this distance.

here https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/200467-jets-sensor-overhaul-radars-irs-lazors-pgms/?do=findComment&comment=3262873

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

@oukej wrote this a while ago

here https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/200467-jets-sensor-overhaul-radars-irs-lazors-pgms/?do=findComment&comment=3262873

Soo basically proximity fuses for 35 mm should also be possible?

56 minutes ago, jone_kone said:

Soo basically proximity fuses for 35 mm should also be possible?

I'm sorry, not atm. Th proximity explosion can only be used with guided munitions.

• Thanks 1

@oukej talking about guided munitions, fuseDistance is being ignored on most weapons, the best example are bombs on jets, or missiles.

The GBU-12 as an example has fuseDistance = 50 and explosionTime = 2, yet they explode instantly on contact with the ground (e.g dropping the bomb while being on the ground with an A-10).

"Missiles hitting short of the given range still visually explode, causing no damage or shockwave effects."

Most AA missiles have a fuseDistance of 350-750m and the same goes for them, they kill on impact, no matter the range.

Right now its a common tactic to launch the missile at very close range to guarantee a kill (KOTH). It also makes long range AA missiles in close range powerful as well.

This problem is around for many years, so I doubt its a bug, thoughts?

• Thanks 1

Give me back my Neophrone,
Please return back it speed, it acceleration and tail controlling
we don't need another A10, we already have one
and which physical thing are you based on when you decide to create a tail shaking echo (*tailshaking youtube)? it make the fly so unconfortable
this is the only one thing i used to fly on in the past, please don't cut my favourite jet from the game

I saw one goody in the changelogs:

''Added: Gunship helicopter pilots now have pilot cameras''

I tried self lasing with the new pilots camera by taking manual fire control. But it seems the laser pointing direction was still controlled by the gunner although i could activate/deactive the laser itself. Is that intentional? Yep, i have wished for proper SP capabale helos/gunships from day one and we are finally very close to the finishing line. For us SP players, give us the laser and we are all happy!

8 minutes ago, scratch_one said:

Give me back my Neophrone,
Please return back it speed, it acceleration and tail controlling
we don't need another A10, we already have one
and which physical thing are you based on when you decide to create a tail shaking echo (*tailshaking youtube)? it make the fly so unconfortable
this is the only one thing i used to fly on in the past, please don't cut my favourite jet from the game

Both the Wipeout and Neophron have had their flight models updated to be in line with the rest of the jets in the game.  They are now slightly more realistic.

Adapt and overcome.

6 minutes ago, xon2 said:

I saw one goody in the changelogs:

''Added: Gunship helicopter pilots now have pilot cameras''

I tried self lasing with the new pilots camera by taking manual fire control. But it seems the laser direction was still controlled by the gunner although can activate/deactive the laser itself. Is that intentional? Yep, i have wished for proper SP capabale helos/gunships from day one and we are finally very close to the finishing line. For us SP players, give us the laser and we are all happy!

Use the watch and target commands to get the AI gunner to aim the laser designator at targets.  You can do the same with the cannons.

I will admit that the tailshaking is extreme ATM, @oukej all of the jets except wipeout have extreme horizontal (yaw) tailshake, after releasing the yaw control the plane goes back and forth in a pendulum motion, IMO this should be significantly reduced if at all possible.

Happens mostly with the new jets and neophron.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, scratch_one said:

Fuselage / tail aligning the airplane into the relative wind - when you deflect the rudder in a level flight you're bringing the airplane into a skid.

39 minutes ago, scavenjer said:

I will admit that the tailshaking is extreme ATM, @oukej all of the jets except wipeout have extreme horizontal (yaw) tailshake, after releasing the yaw control the plane goes back and forth in a pendulum motion, IMO this should be significantly reduced if at all possible.

Happens mostly with the new jets and neophron.

Tweaks are possible :)

Let's take it here please:

1 hour ago, Yoshi_E said:

fuseDistance is being ignored on most weapons, the best example are bombs on jets, or missiles.

You're right. Sadly this will most probably stay this way.

1 hour ago, Yoshi_E said:

"Missiles hitting short of the given range still visually explode, causing no damage or shockwave effects."

Afaict this statement on wiki isn't correct. Other munitions explode normally.

• Sad 2

@oukej, any chance we'll get ripple fire for larger rocket pods (Shreiker and Tratnyr)? The AP variant of Tratnyr in particular needs it badly, as it's rather inaccurate, so tapping the trigger results in too low rate of fire to be of much use. Rockets are generally deployed in ripples of 2-4 shots, which translates to 4-8 rockets in the air on a "mirrored" setup. With AP rockets, this is generally enough to score at least one direct hit on whatever you're trying to take down, but it's still a bit of a crapshoot. Right now, you can manage one such burst spaced out evenly over the pass, which isn't very good for most targets. If they could fire in ripples instead, it'd be possible to get off 2-3 of those per pass, which would have much better probability of destroying or disabling the target. 

Quick feedback related to collisions:

1. Nyx takes a bit too much damage when colliding with rocks and other objects. Hitting a rock at reasonable speed causes the engine and tracks to take damage. Given the slightly sensitive handling of the Nyx, this happens an awful lot. The crew can take damage too, but then again that is to be expected.

2. SLAT cage on the Rhino sometimes leads to the vehicle bouncing back and rolling over. For example, after colliding with a tree, this happened:

Spoiler

20180412140151_1.jpg

Wheel damage is not related to the collision, it was blown off by a tank shell.

Apart from this, the SPG9 sounds better but is still way too quiet! Also see 

All this said, 1.82 has been a solid patch! :)

Issue seems mission related, not reproducable in editor. Plz delete.

Edited by Beagle

• Still looking forward to a change on MAAWS Mk4 Mod 1 scope reticle: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127862
  • AI crews will still bail out right after track being damaged, which makes it both too easy and unrealistic to counter AI-controlled armors.

7 minutes ago, Markle said:

AI crews will still bail out right after track being damaged, which makes it both too easy and unrealistic to counter AI-controlled armors.

That's a feature, use https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/allowCrewInImmobile to prevent that.

Separate issue, apparently the Rhino can get stuck like this.

20180412230255_1.jpg

5 minutes ago, SuicideKing said:

That's a feature, use https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/allowCrewInImmobile to prevent that.

Well... I'm actually tend to ask for more complex behaviors (or turn on allowCrewInImmobile by default), since now AI crews will and only will immediately give up (and expose themselves to enemy fire) when tracks get damaged, which is pretty strange.

1 hour ago, Markle said:

Well... I'm actually tend to ask for more complex behaviors (or turn on allowCrewInImmobile by default), since now AI crews will and only will immediately give up (and expose themselves to enemy fire) when tracks get damaged, which is pretty strange.

I agree the standard behavoir isn’t great but it’s fairly easy for mission makers to script in something more complex.

Personnaly I like using a hit event handler on the vehicle that checks if the vehicle is imobile, if the crew took damage and if any of the crew are greater than 50% dead. If all that returns true, they all bail and run for their lives. Otherwise they’re happy to hunker down and wait out the storm in thier big metal box.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2018 at 11:10 PM, winse said:

Cheetah/Tigris are completely useless and defenseless against enemy planes. Just get 100% of thrust and climb at 2000+ meters.

This is extremely critical for PvP multiplayer game modes. If one player gets an aircraft in his hands - nobody can harm him from the ground.

Notice, even no CM's required. Missiles just fly as logs.

@oukej a kindly wonder regarding any chances for this to be addressed somehow?

52 minutes ago, winse said:

@oukej a kindly wonder regarding any chances for this to be addressed somehow?

On 4/12/2018 at 8:53 AM, jone_kone said:

This is something that has bugged me with AA and AAA since the first Tigris arrived on the battlefield. With the sensors update i really hoped for proximity fuses (theyve been around since ww2).

On 4/12/2018 at 11:11 AM, HaseDesTodes said:

You're right - and we've got it fixed on dev-branch for some time already. It's a missed merge. We're sorry about it. Will get back to u with more info soon(tm)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

5 minutes ago, oukej said:

You're right - and we've got it fixed on dev-branch for some time already. It's a missed merge. We're sorry about. Will get back to u with more info soon(tm)

Thanks for the transparency and keeping us up to date ;)