Yes, since Laws of war included it's really better. Still waiting for a decent SP version of Apex.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

Secondly. I think the "parent ammunition" has explosive value over 0.7 now which means that it will disappear upon first impact.

i've seen HEAT ricocheting (like 1/15 or 1/10) of the ground in VR environment, when i was trying to kill infantry with splash damage.

i got one shell to create 4 explosions, but couldn't see if subammunitions  were created.

so, if disappearing on first impact is the desired behavior, it's not configured correctly.

23 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

i've seen HEAT ricocheting (like 1/15 or 1/10) of the ground in VR environment, when i was trying to kill infantry with splash damage.

At this point you are better off starting the ArmA 3 diag.exe and running the command : toggle_diag "Shots";

This will turn on/off shot tracing. Any ricochet is indicated by a yellow cross.

Based on your estimations, you should be able to recreate a ricochet in no-time.

Let me know what the name of the ammo is and I can check the config file to confirm.

2 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

At this point you are better off starting the ArmA 3 diag.exe and running the command : toggle_diag "Shots";

This will turn on/off shot tracing. Any ricochet is indicated by a yellow cross.

Based on your estimations, you should be able to recreate a ricochet in no-time.

Let me know what the name of the ammo is and I can check the config file to confirm.

Spoiler

687C8AB09548A0F6025924555B2C7170697510501ED9DA504129B00B7563BB6BCC28E01AD57DFBAA

it worked.

i just had to figure out, that it was actually diag_toggle.

night not be clear on the images, but i've only found the ammo penetrator at the first impact.

not exactly sure what the ammo name you need is, but i guess "Sh_120mm_HEAT_MP_T_Red" should work to find the correct one.

but i guess they shouldn't bounce like

Spoiler

447CE8E41926C8018175EF2927370547D6CECBEA

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, scavenjer said:

Euh, I just saw something on normal branch vanilla Arma, https://streamable.com/pyu7c

Now, that's stable, but holy moly, that bomb nearly did a 180....

Yeah, that's the new generation of super smart bombs introduced in 2035.

I once passed a target about 80 metres overhead and dropped the bomb about 100m behind the target and it still hit...

I also locked the bomb onto the target without a laser spot by simply locking the gun onto the target and then switch to the bombs...

43 minutes ago, scavenjer said:

Euh, I just saw something on normal branch vanilla Arma, https://streamable.com/pyu7c

Now, that's stable, but holy moly, that bomb nearly did a 180....

Those bombs can even fly upwards as seen here (bitrate is killing it hu?):

As long as you can get a lock "white lock" with them from a jet, they will do everything they can to get there. The bombs behave a lot like a normal aircraft, and not something that is just tail guided. Though it works quite well the way it is, not sure if the work to change it would be worth it.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Yoshi_E said:

Those bombs can even fly upwards as seen here (bitrate is killing it hu?):

As long as you can get a lock "white lock" with them from a jet, they will do everything they can to get there. The bombs behave a lot like a normal aircraft, and not something that is just tail guided. Though it works quite well the way it is, not sure if the work to change it would be worth it.

Yeah I know, I've personally been lobbying for removal of GBUs in their (KoTH) discord.

https://streamable.com/h36fx

Here's another video of the bombs...

1 hour ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

I once passed a target about 80 metres overhead and dropped the bomb about 100m behind the target and it still hit...

we aim-assist arcade now!

Seems like the bomb doesn't have missileKeepLockedCone set up (edit: it does, but it might have been too large). Thanks for the bug info!

18 hours ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

I also locked the bomb onto the target without a laser spot by simply locking the gun onto the target and then switch to the bombs...

The case was that any target provided by any sensor could be used just as a positional info for an autoSeekTarget munition. So the bomb would fly towards that target's position and look for lasers in the vicinity. If no laser was found, the bomb would simply impact the initial target position. It didn't follow moving targets.

Based on your feedback we've changed it to bombs that are dropped ballistically and that only seek the laser spot (and just that, laser or NV targets, nothing else) autonomously once they reach certain altitude (300-400m edit: now 500m). This should solve both the gameplay balance issues you were having and become a more realistic bomb usage at the same time. Plus it allows for some additional fun deployment like the bomb tossing.

We've updated the field manual hint, but it's still a big change that will for sure confuse a hell of a lot of players.

Otherwise pls use this thread to comment more about this topic

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

On 2. 4. 2018 at 2:37 PM, ProfTournesol said:

Yes, since Laws of war included it's really better. Still waiting for a decent SP version of Apex.

Agreed. It's been more than a year since first announcement of SP port of  theApex campaign and there have been no new messages ever since.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Bobrus said:

Agreed. It's been more than a year since first announcement of SP port of  theApex campaign and there have been no new messages ever since.

Don't forget the more destructable and enterable Tanoa structures. I am still waiting for them!:f:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bobrus said:

Yes, I wish that they would give us an answer on whether or not they still intend do a SP version of the Apex campaign.  

The Angara, the most fearsome battletank. 

One shot in the tracks, crew jumps out, thread banned. 

This really should be adjusted. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mrsandbox said:

The Angara, the most fearsome battletank. 

One shot in the tracks, crew jumps out, thread banned. 

This really should be adjusted. 

Remember this is the Dev Branch, its not stable. I am sure it will be adjusted. 

4 hours ago, lexx said:

"this allowCrewInImmobile true"?

Locking the tank for AI and player should work, too.

Just a very minor request if possible: can the two gunners seats in the Blackfish (Armed) please have NV mode enabled as well?  Currently its only DTV/BHOT/WHOT.

This would work well with ground forces using IR lasers to indicate targets to an orbiting Blackfish.

• Like 6

On 4-4-2018 at 10:14 AM, R0adki11 said:

Remember this is the Dev Branch, its not stable. I am sure it will be adjusted. 

If things aren't reported, then they won't be fixed :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Just a very minor request if possible: can the two gunners seats in the Blackfish (Armed) please have NV mode enabled as well?  Currently its only DTV/BHOT/WHOT.

This would work well with ground forces using IR lasers to indicate targets to an orbiting Blackfish.

Ah, damn, you're right, the lasers... the goal was not to have every possible mode available because it easily becomes pain to control. The lasers however are a good argument to have the NV there. Possible post-patch, sorry about that.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Unload Incapacitated is still sorting to the top of the Action Menu. 

Please bury it down the bottom with low priority, it shouldn't be up at the top for accidental pressing.

BA619AE6C1055791E3C400B4C2917381637B8350

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

Please bury it down the bottom with low priority, it shouldn't be up at the top for accidental pressing.

-snip-

Don't let this slip into next patch or is it too late. Perhaps.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

I would be more happy if the menu could be customized in the game individually. The nature of the game, the environment, the presence of mods and others - affect the contents of the action menu, and often priority actions in the middle of the list or at the bottom of the list.

• Like 4