I somehow managed to get the "Punch Out" achievement while playing the final Altis Requiem mission, despite operating a tank.

I think one of the jet pilots in the mission ejected.

• Haha 3

I noticed that AI armor has problem with maintaining formation. Vehicles are often much slower than commander, lagging behind and sometimes AI just drive away! :D 

• Like 4

Just saw the new achievements...

I'm crying...

SPEND 24 HOURS IN A TANK IN MP WITH A HUMAN CREW

What the hell??! :help:

• Haha 2

Welp, lets login to a server at night and let it run till morning a couple times. :>

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lexx said:

Welp, lets login to a server at night and let it run till morning a couple times. :>

Yes but you need some other guys to do it also cause you need a full crew

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm curious, is it even possible for "generic folks" to get a full vehicle crew in multiplayer? All the times I played online and had matches where vehicles were a thing at all, everyone used their own.

11 minutes ago, lexx said:

I'm curious, is it even possible for "generic folks" to get a full vehicle crew in multiplayer? All the times I played online and had matches where vehicles were a thing at all, everyone used their own.

Nope, I think you need either friends or team mates.

Also, I wonder if it needs full crew or 2 guys are enough.

So it's been a few days since they mentioned the Soundtrack for Tanks has been added.  Was this meant to be only in game or should those of us with Supporter editions have them in our Bonus folder too?

Just wondering because some of the new tracks are fantastic but I can only really listen to them in editor.

I think the best way to get this kind of behavior is to promote it. Also, the tank gameplay has to be interesting enough on its own to attract player that want a true "tank simulator" experience.

The addition of tank interiors is a warm welcome, as you feel more connected to your crewmates with the Angara probably being the most social tank of them all! (A big couch and lots of screens make for a comfy Netflix experience).

The improvement of damage mechanics, weapon mechanics etc also make for a much more immersive experience, where hopefully tanks don't explode as predictably as before, and receive some various types of damage in the field before being destroyed.

Finally, the mission has to be made to encourage tank usage. You are not getting a bunch of people to work together in vehicle crews if the mission requires that things are done on-foot. New game-modes could be developed where teams are equipped with various armored fighting vehicles, and have to gain control of the map/sectors using these. Also, you have to utilize parts of the map that don't lean towards urban combat, but rather big open areas. If you ask me, there's no question that a fully crewed tank, will perform better than a single-crewed tank. And a platoon of these tanks will deal with enemy threats way better, than a single tank can.

There was a thing called "Rolling Thunder" back in ArmA2 ACE days. Tank vs Tank missions, with scouting elements (MRAPs) to get around quickly and map enemy movement.

Tank audio also has to be realistic, so you can hear tanks from afar if you are outside the vehicle.

• Like 4

From Within

Spend 3 hours of playing in interior of an armored vehicle (interior, optic and turn out are allowed)

Is this an achievement for “3 or more hours of playing in an armored vehicle with the first person view” isn't it? If so, the Japanese translation is wrong.

内側より表れるもの

装甲車両に 3 時間乗り込んだ。

Which means just “3 hours of playing in an armored vehicle.” Should be “一人称視点で装甲車両に 3 時間乗り込んだ。” or “装甲車両の車内で 3 時間過ごす。(一人称での車内視点、照準器、車外視点のみ)” or something.

Correct TT17  and TT18 , incorrectly determined the time for gold in the competition.

The time for the entire route is set to 00:00:05

6 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

Correct TT17  and TT18 , incorrectly determined the time for gold in the competition.

Yeah I can confirm this.

18 hours ago, lex__1 said:

It's deliberate until we find reasonable (read: internal best * community skills ^ ninjas) medal times to set. Several more structural changes were still happening, such as new CPs, so medal times would not yet mean much. The final times will probably be plugged in next week.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Would it please be possible to seperate the gunner controls from driver controls? Because if you map the turret movement to WASD (because that helps immensly with fast turret rotation in urban and on the flight combat where you as the gunner have to react fast) and then later on try to go to the driver seat and you try to move the tank it won't move because the game is trying to move your turret instead of the actual tank. So everytime you'd have to add/remove keybindings and thats kinda annoying.

Also it would be greatly appricated if the helicopter pedals get a seperate keybinding from the jet pedals. Some people like me prefer to use A/D for helicopter pedals and Q/E for jet pedals. Constantly changing keybindings is kinda annoying.

I would greatly appricate it to see these QOL changes in game.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update! Are you guys working holidays now to press the release or are you taking some days off?

Added: Cannon-launched missiles, Jian, Macer, Sharur, Vorona, Firefist, RPG42, RPG7, MRAAWS, SPG9, Tratnyr, Shrieker, DAR and DAGR now use HEAT submunitions 

Added: Scalpel and Macer top-down flight profile 

Yeah! You go guys! Fantastic :)

Tweaked: Increased hit damage dealt by HEAT submunition 

Hmm... I take it the internal hit damage is going to get a buff from this, and increase hithull damage and crew damage, regardless of where the shot lands. Not sure how I feel about that.

ENGINE 

Fixed: Speed property in the CfgArmorSimulations did not work 

Can you elaborate? What was broken? Did the new components fail to add/remove projectile velocity? There have been reports of ERA not working well against single HEAT warhead munitions.

Happy Easter guys :)

1:58:44 I_LT_01_AT_F: cannon_ready_light - unknown animation source muzzle_hide_cannon
 1:58:44 I_LT_01_AT_F: indicator_com_turret_mfd_driver - unknown animation source obsturret
 1:58:44 I_LT_01_AT_F: indicator_com_turret_mfd_gunner - unknown animation source obsturret
 1:58:44 unable to connect anim. source "Hit" to hitpoint "HitComTurret" in I_LT_01_AT_F
 1:58:44 Error in expression <(ammo1+ammo2)>
 1:58:44   Error position: <ammo1+ammo2)>
 1:58:44   Error Undefined variable in expression: ammo1
 1:58:44 unable to compile MFD condition '(ammo1+ammo2)'
 1:58:44 Warning: Convex component representing Track_L not found

RC 1.82.144574

5 minutes ago, Night515 said:

Could we please get camo selections for backpacks on tanks?

Yes, please!

• Like 3

Could someone please either confirm, or deny that the following is still a problem on the devel branch?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128002

1) doStop all units (with scripting)

2) try to make them follow you again with direct commanding (radio 1-1)

Does it work/do AI units follow you again?

For if not, this kind of AI direct command deadlocking seems to be pretty game breaking to me.

How do you get the achievement "No Requiem"? I finished the "Altis Requiem" campaign but didn't get it

So Scalpel missiles might need a slight adjustment to their maneuverability.  The first target is destroyed while launching at almost 90 degrees while the second target is launched with the target 180 degrees behind me.

• Confused 1

Just now, Imperator[TFD] said:

So Scalpel missiles might need a slight adjustment to their maneuverability.  The first target is destroyed while launching at almost 90 degrees while the second target is launched with the target 180 degrees behind me.

Yup, agreed!

Biggest rule of Proportional Navigation: NO U TURNS!

• Like 1

Does anybody notice the Pistol Flashlight for ACP-C2, 4-Five, Zubr? When and why it is now available in vanilla? IIRC it is not available in vanilla recently...Z69YuUK.jpgogxCc0e.jpg

• Like 1