2 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

....does not have that much between the enemy projectile and all of the stuff that reacts badly to getting shot by a tungsten-cobalt sabot. 

Or an HEAT formed molten metal jet, still waiting for that to show up ;)

• Like 1

Well, at least in the commercial the Rooikat looks quite mobile.

And the engine and driving sounds are more of what I would exspect, liek that of a heavy truck.

@scavenjer I'm partial more to Aeon than UEF but I always loved that image. Never connected with Cybrqan and 'Phim was always way too weird for me :P

There's also the fact that the light Rhino also has a lower profile and by virtue of not having slat by default, is more conductive to camouflage netting. You also aren't missing the commander MG as much when you have a .338 as your coax. As for the mobility, it has been improved to be on par with the Marshall, which is about all it really needs to be.

Just because it is worth emphasizing again: the light Rhino is airmobile. The implications of being able to put a 120mm anywhere on the battlefield via parachute are immense (US Army, take notes, bring the Buford back)

• Like 1

Worth noting that the real-life Rooikat has a muuuch smaller gun, 76mm vs. the 120mm on the Rhino. I wouldn't necessarily assume that the Rhino has the same performance.

Would the respective manufacturer not attempt to increase engine power to offset the increased weight?

Just now, darkChozo said:

Worth noting that the real-life Rooikat has a muuuch smaller gun, 76mm vs. the 120mm on the Rhino. I wouldn't necessarily assume that the Rhino has the same performance.

Our "Rhino" uses a much smaller Turret with no human loader. Even the newer 105mm Rooikat did not had a much different performance, but I found no suitable videos for that.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

Would the respective manufacturer not attempt to increase engine power to offset the increased weight?

Well yes the newer Rooikat 105 has different specs... and I have to admit, The Rhino is close. The mobility really does not seem to be that superior for the heavier ones.

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/rooikat/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LykosMactire said:

Dont have much info on the turret but it is real and is a 120mm 

nice find!

Edited by R0adki11
removed quoted images as per forum rules.

1 hour ago, LykosMactire said:

Dont have much info on the turret but it is real and is a 120mm 

It's a prototype 120 mm autoloader turret. :)

One of the LODs for the left hand Nyx (AA) missiles doesn't appear to obey turret rotation:

961F30EB4CFA62768FEEEB2FBED26B85CB20DFB9

11 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

So... does anyone have an idea what's in today's update? 

logistical solutions?

So..

Dunno if this is uncalled for, or below the belt.

But....

If the devbranch logistics truck is driven by the vanilla AI.....

:)

(I hope you take it in good heart)

• Haha 2

Note that this time, there was an update, it seems, and a pretty substantial one at that (some 900 megs). It's just the changelog that's late.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't necessarily read too much into update sizes. Recent DLC files are encrypted, so even a small change in a file requires a redownload of the entire file. That means that a "big update" could just be minor changes to a lot of Tank/TacOps files.

That being said, gib HEAT submunition simulation pls.

• Haha 1

When using the turn out function on the Kamysh now, the turret won't stay in a "fixed" position. So if it is looking north without turning out, it will always face north (if possible) once you do turn out. It's not looking all that pretty.

2 minutes ago, lexx said:

When using the turn out function on the Kamysh now, the turret won't stay in a "fixed" position. So if it is looking north without turning out, it will always face north (if possible) once you do turn out. It's not looking all that pretty.

i really hope, that this is a sign, of the devs working on a seperate mechanic for locking the turret in forward position (or alternatively disabling turret stabilization).

it has been promoted not only by me, but also others in the last weeks.

it could be implemented like the infantry lower/raise weapon mechanic and would improve many aspects of vehicle gameplay... (immersion, gameplay depth, control / user experience)

unfortunately there hasn't been any response by the devs, if a simialr mechanic has been taken into consideration. (bis, please!!!)

8 minutes ago, twistking said:

i really hope, that this is a sign, of the devs working on a seperate mechanic for locking the turret in forward position (or alternatively disabling turret stabilization).

it has been promoted not only by me, but also others in the last weeks.

it could be implemented like the infantry lower/raise weapon mechanic and would improve many aspects of vehicle gameplay... (immersion, gameplay depth, control / user experience)

unfortunately there hasn't been any response by the devs, if a simialr mechanic has been taken into consideration. (bis, please!!!)

there has not been much response at all. I guess they are busy.

Looks like @Strike_NOR can finally stop asking for HEAT!

Spoiler

Just kidding man, I love you (no homo) and your feedback is invaluable.

• Haha 4

Just now, Night515 said:

Looks like @Strike_NOR can finally stop asking for HEAT!

Hide contents

Just kidding man, I love you (no homo) and your feedback is invaluable.

Countless numbers of tanks are being hammered by HEAT right now I imagine.  Poor tanks.  Edita would be sad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, lexx said:

Hasn't this always been the case for tanks? I remember seeing this behaviour with the Kuma too, back when they improved the track physx.

On 3/22/2018 at 10:44 PM, fn_Quiksilver said:

RC 1.82.144545

Two small bugs:

Gendarme Offroad  (  b_gen_offroad_01_gen_f  ) does not have its "Beacons On/Off" user actions.

Civilian offroad repair (  c_offroad_01_repair_f  ) has an incorrect model center. something is wrong with the model, all my model offsets are now too low. Cargo position offset for the back is now underground, for instance. The issue does not affect the other offroads (  example:  b_g_offroad_01_repair_f  )

thank you BIS minions, these issues appear to be fixed in the latest RC build ( 1.82.144574 )

4 hours ago, SuicideKing said:

Hasn't this always been the case for tanks? I remember seeing this behaviour with the Kuma too, back when they improved the track physx.

It didn't happen a day ago when turn out for the Kamysh was introduced.