4 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

fixing the bounding box sounds like a big job

From what I understand: no, not really. The models are all fine. It's just that certain LODs (memory lod I think?) should not be considered while computing the bounds. But of course, that might only be half of the truth (maybe stuff has all to be rebacked/repbo'd or what not), I don't know... all I saw was just another opportunity to mention the bb-problem again (while pulling of a shitty box in, wait no, outside the box joke at the same time, I'm deeply sorry for that :elfbash:).

4 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

switching to “aimpos” from model [0,0,0] sounds like a small one :)

This is true, and most likely the reasonable thing to do. But is it really the same? Semantically? I'd argue no, and the difference might be significant. Locking to a well (or explicitly) defined position in a model assumes some prior knowledge of the target vehicle, while the center of a bounding box is an implicit definition: something that can be easily observed without prior knowledge (e.g. by the targeting mechanic).

And secondly the bounding box center (if computed correctly) might be the more robust target, for maybe that "aimpos" isn't well configured on all(!) models, or [0,0,0] might be way of in another. But I don't really know, so I'll better shut up now. :don16:

Holy bananarama, I did NOT expect this to ever happen. \o/

bTXgeLB.png

Shame no driver turn out, and the hatch texture on the inside is ehh, but who am I to niggle now?

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, lexx said:

Shame no driver turn out

Well... it appears to me that the hatch of the right-side crew is actually partially blocking the driver from getting out.

Must be fun during emergency crew evacuations :P

Either way, there may be other reasons for this. Just a nitpick ;)

I'm happy about the FFVs! Hopefully for Rhino MGS soon :)

I'm guessing the hatch is in that position to hide the joint that actually holds the hatch in position. The model itself wasn't adjusted, and you can't just "bend" / cut through the joint-part of it. It's simply a flaw in the base model. Best solution would be to model a completely new hatch and set it in position of the old one.

Also, can anyone confirm what Rhino performance improvement is? I'm not at the luxury of having access to A3 atm. :) Hoping for better torque acceleration

58 minutes ago, Strike_NOR said:

Also, can anyone confirm what Rhino performance improvement is? I'm not at the luxury of having access to A3 atm. :) Hoping for better torque acceleration

Seems better now. Not a speed demon by any means with that gun, but now instead of being initially slower than a Slammer it's a little faster than a Kuma. I took it through the Arudy hill climb on Malden and it maintained 18-35 KPH, compared to 15-32 for a Kuma, 10-25 for a supply Zamak, and 20-38 for a transport Zamak.

3 minutes ago, D_Donskoy said:

Hello everybody.

I can not find  "Land_cargo_house_slum_F" in editor anymore.

Сan anyone confirm? It does not matter, but interesting...

Still there for me on latest dev build. Called "Slum House Container".

1 minute ago, darkChozo said:

Still there for me on latest dev build. Called "Slum House Container".

Thank you.

But where exactly?

Just now, D_Donskoy said:

Thank you.

But where exactly?

Structures (Altis) > Village > Slum House Container

• Thanks 1

Just now, darkChozo said:

Structures (Altis) > Village > Slum House Container

)))
Yes, it is there! Thank you.

I really hope we get to see the olive camouflage for more AAF vehicles than just the AWC Nyx. In general I would greatly appreciate if Bohemia could show consistency when it comes to a factions camouflage options on vehicles. If some of the CSAT vehicles have the black camo...all of them should have it. The same should go for AAF vehicles, don't just have the olive camouflage be available for one of the new tanks and one helicopter.

• Like 2

Is it jst my perception, or are the New Nyx and Rhino some noisy crickets?

Both of them have an annoying sound and high idle rev.

The Rhino (Rooikat) is supposed to have an +500hp10 Cylinder Diesel engine not a 1000ccm two stroke. THe current soud set does not reflect that and it is loud in a unnerving way for a vehicle that is supposed to have some stealth and recon abilities.

The Nyx is basically a Wiesel II Tankette that it powered by a Volkswagen 1.9 81 kW TDi, but it does in no way sound like it and the used revolution range up to only 2000 is strange.

@Strike_NOR @darkChozo I checked the Rhino mobility. I don't have raw config numbers, but I ran it back to back with the marshall across a couple of point-to-points with varying elevation.

They both ran about 4 minutes 15 from the Stratis Test Track to Kamino, gate to gate. The Marhsall held 24 km/h up the slowest bit of the Chapoi to La Pessagne hill while the Rhino did 21. 0-50 is approx. 8.01 for the Marhsall and 7.78 for the Rhino

In simpler terms, you actually feel like you're moving now in the Rhino, though it is still a heavy vehicle with low ground clearance and you should expect trouble on offroad situations where the Marshall would have little issue, especially steep inclines. While I am the one who originally brought it up, in a manner that could have been more polite (Sorry Wulf, didn't mean to sound like a dick :sad_o:), I think it might have been slightly overbuffed and could do with being dialed back a little bit. 

Of course, most purpose built wheeled TDs IRL do have power-weight hovering around 20hp/ton, and it does at least feel like it in the Rhino now. 

@Beagle I'm a bit split on this one. On one hand, these are armored vehicles and they would have pretty pathetic emissions and noise control systems. On the other, few of the non-DLC vehicles are this noisy. 

• Thanks 1

@oukej

Question, will Slammer and its variants also get ability for driver to open his hatch and turn out?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hvymtal said:

@Strike_NOR @darkChozo I checked the Rhino mobility. I don't have raw config numbers, but I ran it back to back with the marshall across a couple of point-to-points with varying elevation.

They both ran about 4 minutes 15 from the Stratis Test Track to Kamino, gate to gate. The Marhsall held 24 km/h up the slowest bit of the Chapoi to La Pessagne hill while the Rhino did 21. 0-50 is approx. 8.01 for the Marhsall and 7.78 for the Rhino

In simpler terms, you actually feel like you're moving now in the Rhino, though it is still a heavy vehicle with low ground clearance and you should expect trouble on offroad situations where the Marshall would have little issue, especially steep inclines. While I am the one who originally brought it up, in a manner that could have been more polite (Sorry Wulf, didn't mean to sound like a dick :sad_o:), I think it might have been slightly overbuffed and could do with being dialed back a little bit. 

Of course, most purpose built wheeled TDs IRL do have power-weight hovering around 20hp/ton, and it does at least feel like it in the Rhino now. 

@Beagle I'm a bit split on this one. On one hand, these are armored vehicles and they would have pretty pathetic emissions and noise control systems. On the other, few of the non-DLC vehicles are this noisy. 

Some wheeled combat vehicles are as silent as a modern car. 

The Wiesel is not loud neither: 

• Like 2

Rhino MGS UP

Time 0 - 60 km/h: 10.95 s

Distance: 113.087 m

Acceleration:1.52207 m/s²

Rhino MGS

Time 0 - 60 km/h: 10.834 s

Distance: 111.838 m

Acceleration:1.53837 m/s²

Kuma MBT

Time 0 - 60 km/h: 14.184 s

Distance: 155.496 m

Acceleration:1.17503 m/s²

I feel like the difference is a bit small. There's is no reason to not choose the UP version over the standard one.

3 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Rhino MGS UP

Rhino MGS

Kuma MBT

I feel like the difference is a bit small. There's is no reason to not choose the UP version over the standard one.

As soon as you get hit, the difference is also rather marginal ;)

29 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Rhino MGS UP

Rhino MGS

Kuma MBT

Cost.

Up to the mission makers, if there's no such restriction fair enough then yes, very little reason to take the non-UP version, but does that really matter though?

55 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Rhino MGS UP

Rhino MGS

Kuma MBT

The  standard can be transported via the air. The up cannot.

That said I do agree there should be a perhaps a slight speed deficit. 

Although saying that I'd like the rhino overall to be slightly faster than is. And the wheels tougher. Can't hunt tanks if it can't follow off-road without running into small walls and busting tires all the time. 

1 minute ago, teabagginpeople said:

The  standard can be transported via the air. The up cannot.

That said I do agree there should be a perhaps a slight speed deficit. 

Although saying that I'd like the rhino overall to be slightly faster than is. And the wheels tougher. Can't hunt tanks if it can't follow off-road without running into small walls and busting tires all the time. 

In my opinion the main problem with the Rhino is its slow acceleration to, lets say, 60km/h Since you have to go around so much obstacles...well thats where you lose the average speed in it.

Just now, Beagle said:

In my opinion the main problem with the Rhino is its slow acceleration to, lets say, 60km/h Since you have to go around so much obstacles...well thats where you lose the average speed in it.

No doubt beagle. This is the speed I meant.

When it hits speed I believe it is faster than the tanks,

but realistically you may never see this  because the map is not one big airstrip. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, teabagginpeople said:

No doubt beagle. This is the speed I meant.

When it hits speed I believe it is faster than the tanks,

but realistically you may never see this  because the map is not one big airstrip. 

It's like a street race, top speed does not matter that much, acceleration does ;)

Top speed only matters if you're moving halfway across Altis, on road, as fast as possible (in other words, it only comes into play when relocating to the next objective in Invade and Annex, or when hauling ass to reinforce forces under attack). Mechanized forces are very good at getting form A to B quickly but in terms of mobility in combat, it's how quickly you can relocate, which is more with acceleration and power to weight than speed. And for NATO, Mechanized forces do have a major mobility advantage over Armored. Granted, NATO Armored has all the haste of a tortoise, but this is of course offset by their superior survivability compared to AAF and CSAT Armored forces.

As for choosing the UP over the non-UP, the fact that the UP is able to be airlifted is a massive boon, and the protection difference is marginal against tanks anyways. Of course, that's the point; it's a TD, and ERA or no ERA, people who aren't familiar with TD tactics are going to have to get acquainted very quickly, because the Rhino (or the Nyx, or the Angara's turret for that matter) does not have that much between the enemy projectile and all of the stuff that reacts badly to getting shot by a tungsten-cobalt sabot. 

• Like 2