2 minutes ago, Strike_NOR said:

AFAIK top down attack saclos is rather uncommon. Not 100% certain, but the real life counterpart of the titan would probably use IR contrast seeking. Meaning it should lock onto heat sources/shapes. I believe that it can be used in a form of "area lock" too where the sensor tries to hit whatever is under the crosshair when you fire. But after launch, the missile should be "fire and forget", meaning no saclos.

However...... Titan is inspired by Rafael "Mini-Spike" system which was discontinued in 2016. They could make it any way they like.

If Titan AT kept this all-purpose SACLOS — I'd suggest buffing 9M135 Vorona, or I'm afraid every player would grab Titan AT to top-down bombard everything, from the moving to the still...

8 minutes ago, Markle said:

Titan AT to top-down bombard everything, from the moving to the still...

Well... rumor has it that the Titan will be balanced either by new damage mechanics or general damage tweaks.

So let's wait and see how that fares

So No dev build today as they are starting RC release.
I saw this in there, which excites me from a Zeus/Mission maker point of view:

Tweaked: Jets DLC addons were decrypted to PBO

Tweaked: Laws of War DLC addons were decrypted to PBO

So hopefully we'll be able to play around with and use assets in our missions that we have not been able to utilize up until now.
Maybe we'll see those unlocked in Dev build tomorrow?

Can anyone confirm the changed to ammo count for vehicles and the calibre changes mentioned in the update? Seems for me the MGs on APCs are still showing as 6.5mm and the ammo count still is 1 ready and 1 reload for MRAPs?

cheers

5 hours ago, Markle said:

If Titan AT kept this all-purpose SACLOS — I'd suggest buffing 9M135 Vorona, or I'm afraid every player would grab Titan AT to top-down bombard everything, from the moving to the still...

Top down attack isn't going to be some god almighty powerful ability.

5 hours ago, ski2060 said:

So No dev build today as they are starting RC release.
I saw this in there, which excites me from a Zeus/Mission maker point of view:

Tweaked: Jets DLC addons were decrypted to PBO

Tweaked: Laws of War DLC addons were decrypted to PBO

So hopefully we'll be able to play around with and use assets in our missions that we have not been able to utilize up until now.
Maybe we'll see those unlocked in Dev build tomorrow?

Not sure how de-encrypting the EPBO's to normal PBO's has any bearing on mission making.

It's more for modders so that they can play around with configs and textures etc.

The assets are still locked to those who don't own the respective DLCs.

Mentioning this before I forget, @oukej, (sorry, goes to you again, but I really think it's worth it) feature broken :

- Once you create a new vehicle or modify an existing one, putting in hasDriver = -1; in its config root basically deletes the need for a driver, and the commander, using the WASD, controls the vehicle AND his turret simultaneously.

- Solo, working just as expected. Going in the arsenal/garage, spawning the vehicle in question, and boom, drive and shoot.

- Once on a dedi, spawning a vehicle via Zeus or other interface works too, as the vehicle is locally bound to your client. I would expect the same for mission-created vehicles of the same kind but unfortunately something goes wrong here, here's a vid :

Config and repro mission :

- Pandur config mod : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xLFE0V1zn5zWIpHbL4NfwzXIHNektD0e/view?usp=sharing

- Pandur mission : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dnoJHGo0nsM2diq-PGyMECvxHk2JBhoy/view?usp=sharing

Repro :

- Launch the provided mod to create a "Pandur II 8x8" copy of the AAF Gorgon

- Test out in the arsenal/garage (the vehicle is forced to appear by config, so it should be there). As expected, you can drive around (even from the passenger seats ! a bit too much ?)

- Launch the provided mission on a DEDICATED SERVER ! this is important as the issue seems to be locality. Or have someone else host a server and join in.

- Attempt to drive around as in the garage.

You'll see that the steering is working, the engine can be switched on, but the vehicle will not budge.

My guess is that this feature is missing some kind of "Take Control" action that would transfer the vehicle locality to the player in the same way it's done for copilots in aircrafts.

I really hope you can have a look at it, and maybe point out any config errors I may have done to make it break. That's why I'm not writing a bug ticket just yet.

Also I think this is quite an important feature, especially when communities thin out and no one wants to take the boring driver seat.. It's the ideal solution. Or at least the best available right away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@DnA @oukej I didnt know who to tag.

Some feedback on the Dev Branch Change log, I've updated to the very latest and even double checked.. However a few issues I came across. 

Fixed: The Bobcat RCWS now correctly sports a 12.7mm HMG 
-The Bobcat still has the 6.5mm

Fixed: HMG / GMG RCWS turrets now consistently use 200 / 96 ammo boxes

-HMG Turrets still use 500 round boxes, while GMG is at the usual 96

Tweaked: Large vehicle magazines were split into smaller ones and their amount was adjusted

-Still the same as before (pre update values)

Tweaked: The magazine count on MRAPs and APCs has been doubled

-Still the same as before (pre update values)

Tweaked: The Marshall, Gorgon, Kamysh and Slammer coaxial guns have had their caliber changed to 7.62mm

-They are all still using 6.5mm

Tweaked: Slammer UP has its 120mm cannon back

-Slammer UP has the 105mm, while the normal Slammer got the 120mm

Tweaked: The shell count on tanks has been adjusted

-Still exactly the same as before (pre update values)

And that's all I found was inconsistent.

I'm a tad confused though as some of the Dev Branch changes did come through, yet the above didn't. 

• Like 1

This could be interiors, it could be damage modeling, so I'll just put it here. Again, sorry if these are already known, but I spew them as I see them. Unlike other tanks, the Slammers don't seem to have all of the crew modeled inside the vehicle (or at least visible). To see for yourself, place one and use Zeus or Splendid Cam to clip into vehicle. You'll only see commander, but other tanks have all crew.

On an unrelated note, I've managed to crew kill a Kuma (only tank I think I can do this to) with 12.7mm APDS by finding crew spots and weakspots thanks to X-ray technique. One or two weakspots I can possibly understand, but I don't know if the reworking of the turret ring will take place. I do feel that the commander has to be repositioned or the ring widened so his big butt doesn't poke out of the back. He at least doesn't take damage from small arms, though. Also, probably not fixable, but meat splurts out of the spot you shoot into the crew through. I don't mind, though, barely visible.

1 hour ago, Chief1924 said:

This could be interiors, it could be damage modeling, so I'll just put it here. Again, sorry if these are already known, but I spew them as I see them. Unlike other tanks, the Slammers don't seem to have all of the crew modeled inside the vehicle (or at least visible). To see for yourself, place one and use Zeus or Splendid Cam to clip into vehicle. You'll only see commander, but other tanks have all crew.

On an unrelated note, I've managed to crew kill a Kuma (only tank I think I can do this to) with 12.7mm APDS by finding crew spots and weakspots thanks to X-ray technique. One or two weakspots I can possibly understand, but I don't know if the reworking of the turret ring will take place. I do feel that the commander has to be repositioned or the ring widened so his big butt doesn't poke out of the back. He at least doesn't take damage from small arms, though. Also, probably not fixable, but meat splurts out of the spot you shoot into the crew through. I don't mind, though, barely visible.

Already got a ticket for that: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127940

I belief that the penetration materials rework still WIP.

I agree that the Kuma armor is weird. The turret ring does not seem to protect correctly against larger calibers, its just a Trap shot atm. The side armor is also weaker than the none existing t-100 side armor....

4 hours ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Some feedback on the Dev Branch Change log, I've updated to the very latest and even double checked.. However a few issues I came across. 

You have to switch to RC Branch to see these changes: Code "Arma3Update182RC". I guess it should be on next Dev branch as well.

39 minutes ago, Yoshi_E said:

Already got a ticket for that: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127940

I belief that the penetration materials rework still WIP.

I agree that the Kuma armor is weird. The turret ring does not seem to protect correctly against larger calibers, its just a Trap shot atm. The side armor is also weaker than the none existing t-100 side armor....

Just a note: what you are seeing is not exactly what is visible in fire geometry. Some of the proxies are not present in visual LOD because there is no point in rendering them since they are taking precious resources. For seats with turn out, there is no engine property to hide visual LOD of such crew member when turned in, so proxy is keep in visual LOD in order to properly show that unit when turned out.

Example: Kuma gunner doesn't have turned out state so there is no point in showing him visual LOD but proxy is present in fire geometry

https://imgur.com/a/LbqTh

I must admit though, that something is wrong with AMV cargo proxies since it seems they are missing in fire geometry LOD - I will take a look at it in work since I don't have access to sources atm.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reyhard said:

Just a note: what you are seeing is not exactly what is visible in fire geometry. Some of the proxies are not present in visual LOD because there is no point in rendering them since they are taking precious resources. For seats with turn out, there is no engine property to hide visual LOD of such crew member when turned in, so proxy is keep in visual LOD in order to properly show that unit when turned out.

Example: Kuma gunner doesn't have turned out state so there is no point in showing him visual LOD but proxy is present in fire geometry

https://imgur.com/a/LbqTh

Everybody in the Kuma can "Turn out", the gunner included.

This behavior of them being present or not, impacts the survivability of the crew drastically however.

1 minute ago, Yoshi_E said:

Everybody in the Kuma can "Turn out", the gunner included.

I have still Arma turned on and it's not possible  ;)

Also, visibility in visual LOD doesn't affect at all their survivability - all that matters is Fire Geometry LOD which for now you cannot toggle to see it in game easily

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Yoshi_E said:

You have to switch to RC Branch to see these changes: Code "Arma3Update182RC". I guess it should be on next Dev branch as well.

But like I said at the bottom, all the other additions from the changelog have taken place and are visible. Why would I need RC to see half of the Dev Branch changes when I can see the other half without RC? Makes no sense to how the update works. 

No worries, the performance of the 20mm rounds will be improved to make them as useful as they should be.

Each of our AFVs is getting their armor upgraded, which should eliminate the inconsistencies in their protection. This will however take some time, as it requires extensive encoding work and QA testing.

To the ammo update - it's possible that the changelog was added before all of the addons have been packed, so the rest should be present in the next dev-branch update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, reyhard said:

I have still Arma turned on and it's not possible  ;)

Also, visibility in visual LOD doesn't affect at all their survivability - all that matters is Fire Geometry LOD which for now you cannot toggle to see it in game easily

First of all, the turn out option on the Kuma was there for the gunner most of the time (was removed), and hes still sitting as a model in the hull.

Then the question @reyhard, if the visual LOD doesn't affect at all their survivability, how is damage directly inflicted to the crew? The armor 3 damage model transfers part of the hull damage to the crew, but this is not what I mean. I am talking for this about direct his / penetrations, hitting the Crew. However, I found no hitboxes for the crew directly. Where are they?

Lets take the BTR-K Kamish as an example, can you tell me where I need to shoot, to kill the crew? I do not want to damage the vehicle. Just the crew.

On the AMV-Marshall the Crew is fully present and can be killed with 3 rounds of a sniper rifle....

Just now, Yoshi_E said:

First of all, the turn out option on the Kuma was there for the gunner most of the time, and hes still sitting as a model in the hull.

Just to be sure, are we speaking about devbranch/RC? There is no way gunner can turn out in Kuma in RC https://imgur.com/a/70oBp

As I've mentioned before, there is no way in retail game (no even in publicly available diag.exe) to turn on Fire Geometry diagnostics

BTR-K Fire geometry - https://imgur.com/a/QcbyN  you can see silhouettes of crew (seems to be incorrectly placed btw)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, reyhard said:

Just to be sure, are we speaking about devbranch/RC? There is no way gunner can turn out in Kuma in RC https://imgur.com/a/70oBp

As I've mentioned before, there is no way in retail game (no even in publicly available diag.exe) to turn on Fire Geometry diagnostics

BTR-K Fire geometry - https://imgur.com/a/QcbyN  you can see silhouettes of crew (seems to be incorrectly placed btw)

Ok, thank you I was not aware of this. Tested on the BTR and it worked, thanks.

Can you check out the position of the commander for the AWC 303 Nyx (Recon)? 

Why is he able to disappear inside the hull (after turning in / out)?

2 hours ago, wattywatts said:

No worries, the performance of the 20mm rounds will be improved to make them as useful as they should be.

That would be amazing. :) Make sure to check all weapons using 20mm HE. This includes Blackfish, Blackfoot, the Buzzard's gun pod and Nyx. All of them have significant damage problems.

Interesting information from the developers today :)

the 20mm rounds will be improved

Each of our AFVs is getting their armor upgraded

@reyhard thanks for the screenies. Would be nice to access the game in this diag mode for testing purposes :) The shot and hitpoints diags go a long way though :)

https://imgur.com/a/omOkt

Here is some more feedback from RC Branch. Description is underneath the images.

Additionally, would any dev comment on why for tanks by default the MG is selected instead of the main cannon?  Interestingly that's not the case for the Rhino!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can anyone on RC Build let me know if this new findIf command made it to RC or was held back in Dev (I only saw it appear in 1.83.xxxxxx). thanks

14 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

Can anyone on RC Build let me know if this new findIf command made it to RC or was held back in Dev (I only saw it appear in 1.83.xxxxxx). thanks

findIf and disableMapIndicators are in the RC.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, R3vo said:

why for tanks by default the MG is selected instead of the main cannon?

The only possible reason I can think this is the case may be as a type of safety feature. There's a lot less collateral damage if you accidentially fire some 7.62 as opposed to 120mm.

Either that or it is an oversight.

11 minutes ago, Strike_NOR said:

Either that or it is an oversight

I'd say it's an oversight, both the Rhino and T-140 have the main cannon as default weapon.