6 hours ago, Chief1924 said:

Also, probably mentioned before, but AI can lock through smoke, and it seems sometimes missiles track through it. Don't know if players can do it, though.

Yup, players can too. It's...not ideal.

Hey, I don't know if it is only for me but... hey, Minigun 20 mm for Armed Blackfish is too weak for human targets?

I shot that Minigun almost 100 rounds from 1500m away to a soldier and I couldn't kill him because of its accuracy.

And, we need press Next Weapon(F) for 4 times to change weapon from Cannon 105 mm to Minigun 20 mm in the Left Door Gunner seat.

• Added: An ability to define a vehicle's sensor position (sensorPos)

Is this position defined per sensor component, or per vehicle?

i.e. could one make the IR sensor origin, a different position to the Active Radar sensor?

And can the sensorPos mem point be animated to change the sensor position dynamically (e.g. telescopic masts like Strider/Nyx could change its Y-Axis position), not only rotate around its original position with a bone assigned to animDirection?

NVM, Reyhard explained it to me as for determining AI Line of Sight

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Added: Sub-munition support for shells

could this be?

Is it finally coming?

Are you bringing the HEAT?

*hype intensifies*

Edit:

Also, many nice fixes and changes this update. Things are looking good!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I finally made a useful contribution to arma! :don11:

Also neat update in general, Slammer UP now doesn't stand for underpowered anymore with 120mm back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

0hDBqOv.jpg

Needed tweak or not? The patch is pretty odd for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, heavygunner said:

Also neat update in general, Slammer UP now doesn't stand for underpowered anymore with 120mm back.

What, is this true? Citation please?

Has the model been changed? because the slammer up actually does have a slightly thinner bore diameter, if you look really closely in the editor.

21 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

Has the model been changed? because the slammer up actually does have a slightly thinner bore diameter, if you look really closely in the editor.

See for yourself: 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

Yeah, it was a dev branch change just today. As for the gun size, it does seem to be smaller to me, still:

I5cTwmC.jpg

Cool, the Slammer may still have terrible mobility, but at least its no longer either under-gunned or under-armored. For a while now I've been giving the slammer a 120mm cannon anyway, so this is good.

I'll probably still buff the Slammers by shaving about 5 tons off their weight with the setMass command.

I hope they change the model/ add a new model (the old one could remain as a hidden obsolete unit, like the pre-dynamic loadout versions of air units).

56 minutes ago, Ex3B said:

I hope they change the model/ add a new model (the old one could remain as a hidden obsolete unit, like the pre-dynamic loadout versions of air units).

Just wondering, why not add the Slammer UP 120mm as new asset instead of changing the old one? Maybe there are missions out there which use the Slammer UP for that specific reason?

• Like 5

7 hours ago, POLPOX said:

Hey, I don't know if it is only for me but... hey, Minigun 20 mm for Armed Blackfish is too weak for human targets?

I shot that Minigun almost 100 rounds from 1500m away to a soldier and I couldn't kill him because of its accuracy.

And, we need press Next Weapon(F) for 4 times to change weapon from Cannon 105 mm to Minigun 20 mm in the Left Door Gunner seat.

Damage is an issue here, the spread is mostly realistic. The 20mm HE rounds should have much higher lethal radius (around 2m) and cause shrapnel damage well beyond that. This is an issue with all 20mm cannons, including the one on Nyx.

3 hours ago, POLPOX said:

Needed tweak or not? The patch is pretty odd for me.

There is always some stretching due to the mesh deforming.  The vests also stretch. In 99% of other games it will as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ex3B said:

Cool, the Slammer may still have terrible mobility, but at least its no longer either under-gunned or under-armored. For a while now I've been giving the slammer a 120mm cannon anyway, so this is good.

I'll probably still buff the Slammers by shaving about 5 tons off their weight with the setMass command.

what other tank has the “6 AT soldiers sitting in the back” buff?

i thought the slammer was fine with underpowered gun, to balance the ability to deploy AT soldiers

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

i thought the slammer was fine with underpowered gun, to balance the ability to deploy AT soldiers

Yeahh.. but with this kind of reasoning a jeep is also a pretty balanced tank. :drinking2::goodnight:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, adombom said:

Yeah, it was a dev branch change just today. As for the gun size, it does seem to be smaller to me, still:

I5cTwmC.jpg

As Adombon has noticed, it seems the UP has yet a 105. I went and looked around at other vehicles and noticed that a few of the latest notes are not represented currently in game (I am running some mods, but nothing game-altering, unless CBA counts). For one, the 6.5 to 7.62 coax change isn't present on the vehicles mentioned. The Bobcat RWCS isn't 12.7, and RWCS have 500 HMG instead of 200 HMG. Can't vouch for mag capacity as my memory isn't 'that' good. It seems that weapon alterations are either in there but not active, or 'logistical issues', but I'm sure it can be fixed. Tell me if anyone else has anything different, I seem to have the right branch version.

Either way, this DLC is shaping up to be my personal favorite (except for maybe the great fun Zeus brings). Keep up the good work. Also, noticed that you removed the IDAP skin from the militarized Jeeps, thanks for listening :)

Spoiler

I only noticed because I wanted to go around committing war crimes, but still XD

One thing tough.

@oukej for consistency, if Slammer UP receives 120mm gun, it would make more sense in terms of designation codes convention of a real army, that instaled of being codenamed as M2A4 Slammer UP, it should be named as M2A2 Slammer UP as a direct upgrade to M2A1 Slammer. Simply it makes more sense logic wise.

• Like 2

A4 just means that there were 2 versions between it at the A1. As this is background lore, who is to say that there weren't, and the A4 designation is fine. Of all the things to want changed, this has got to be at the bottom of my list.

I thought the vehicle weapon changes are only config vise, and not visually. Of course I would greatly appreciate if they do change visually and NATO vs CSAT won't mount the same turrets anymore.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chief1924 said:

As Adombon has noticed, it seems the UP has yet a 105. I went and looked around at other vehicles and noticed that a few of the latest notes are not represented currently in game (I am running some mods, but nothing game-altering, unless CBA counts). For one, the 6.5 to 7.62 coax change isn't present on the vehicles mentioned. The Bobcat RWCS isn't 12.7

Yea, I just fired up arma, I'm pretty sure I have the latest dev build, but the 6.5-> 7.62 changes aren't in. The SlammerUp still has a 105 (both visually, and in its config... I was only expecting a config change, but I hope a model change/an additional model follows)

Also, I noticed that slat armor isn't adding weight. In face a marshal with a slat cage around it and its turrets appears to be 100 kg less massive than the standard marshal (not that that amount of weight makes a noticable difference)

• Like 2

When on the screen of a sensor target appears (or threat), graphic execution of a sensor doesn't allow to focus your direction of search of the targeting precisely.
There is an opportunity, to add on the touch panel of the line of orientation of crew members? It will create easy spatial orientation about a condition of a look of crew and search of target.

The picture in a spoiler.

Spoiler

XdnYxhH.jpg

• Like 2

Here are four bugs I found:

1st: Visual glitch when turning in and out at Kuma tank commander

Az8qqql.jpg

2nd: When turned out as commander of a Kuma tank, the character isn't centered

ur7d2Vv.jpg

3rd: A visual glich caused by the camo net on the barel

CvzLNk9.jpg

4th: BIS_fnc_establishingShot seems to display 4.60 o' clock instead of 5 o'clock

DIqiJmz.png

Last but not least, has anyone else got issues with Arma freezing when alt Tabbing out of the game? It happens 4 out of 6 times for me and the only way to solve it is to close the game with the Task Manager. The issue started for me with one of the last dev updates.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, R3vo said:

Last but not least, has anyone else got issues with Arma freezing when alt Tabbing out of the game? It happens 4 out of 6 times for me and the only way to solve it is to close the game with the Task Manager. The issue started for me with one of the last dev updates.

I have this issue but only when I've got some mods loaded.  I haven't been bothered to go through 1 by 1 and find them.

Another issue on Dev branch: the CSAT Sochor has the camo netting on its barrel when selecting Camo Net - Turret but the NATO Scorcher does not.

After playing with MAAWS Mod 1, I'd say IMO its reticle is quite misleading if you want to hit targets between 400, 600, 800... meters. I would rather prefer Mod 0 reticle with rangefinder.

I'm with this ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127862

Titan AT is able to top-down attack under SACLOS guidance (you can even top-down attack an infantry with mouse-aiming), is that meant to be work in this way?

27 minutes ago, Markle said:

Titan AT is able to top-down attack under SACLOS guidance (you can even top-down attack an infantry with mouse-aiming), is that meant to be work in this way?

AFAIK top down attack saclos is rather uncommon. Not 100% certain, but the real life counterpart of the titan would probably use IR contrast seeking. Meaning it should lock onto heat sources/shapes. I believe that it can be used in a form of "area lock" too where the sensor tries to hit whatever is under the crosshair when you fire. But after launch, the missile should be "fire and forget", meaning no saclos.

However...... Titan is inspired by Rafael "Mini-Spike" system which was discontinued in 2016. They could make it any way they like.