Hi devs !
Could you add :
- An 'Olive' variant for the AAF's main Assault Rifle Mk20.
- A 'CTRG Sand' camo variant for the CTRG Stealth Uniform ( and Stealth Helmet ).
- Tanoa variant for NATO vehicles. ( Sorry I did not notice you already added it )

And thanks for Tanks DLC, what an amazing contents !

( Google Translation English, be understanding ) 

• Like 3

A few versions of the AAF nyx seems to have a turret system that folds down possibly for storage/transport. Although you can't do it currently is this something we could see happening to allow them to fit in smaller helicopter/plane bays? 

• Like 1

Some recommendation for CSAT. I don't really understand this, its like a cross between year 3050 warfare and 1970s soviet invasion of afghanistan, I think CSAT needs new tanker coveralls. 

Jw8K4gZ.png

g4KKO5w.png

• Like 2

i reall like the look of the new headgear, but i agree that it does look bad with the ultra-sophisticated ventilated bodysuit.

also this ventilation does not make sense for vehicle crew. i hope we can get some new last-minute crew outfits. maybe just a retexture of the new aaf overalls or a modification of the csat officer uniform with the brown csat body armor...

• Like 4

Tac-ops added a regular soldier version of the officer fatigues (named Light Fatigues IIRC). I believe they're not DLC restricted and they look pretty reasonable for more non-infantry troops like tank crewmen.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, twistking said:

also this ventilation does not make sense for vehicle crew

Vehicle crews are where the real life equivalents of those integrated cooling vests have seen actual use

http://www.safeeurope.co.uk/media/1054/steve-hunter-presentation.pdf

https://www.livescience.com/47327-army-personal-cooling-systems.html (aircrew)

http://www.dtic.mil/get-tr-doc/pdf?AD=ADA472976

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, darkChozo said:

Tac-ops added a regular soldier version of the officer fatigues (named Light Fatigues IIRC). I believe they're not DLC restricted and they look pretty reasonable for more non-infantry troops like tank crewmen.

Not in the Jungle Hex tho.. 

Would be nice to maximize potential of this last minute, final DLC. Give the community as much that can be given with quality constraints and usability (ex. Tanoa colored vehicles etc.)

46 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

Vehicle crews are where the real life equivalents of those integrated cooling vests have seen actual use

well, the ventilation is still unrealistic, as the systems you mention would rely on the vehicle to provide the cooling.

the fictional csat bodysuits seem to portray a system with the actually ac part integrated.

but let's not get off topic with nitpicking ;-)

10 minutes ago, twistking said:

as the systems you mention would rely on the vehicle to provide the cooling

They don't though. The one in the video is tethered because it's liquid-cooled and hooked up to a pump which may or may not be already integrated in to the vehicle to cool the electronics, or specifically added to provide crew comfort. The British one hooks in to the air line of the ECS but can also operate with a small battery-powered air cooler. And the aircrew one is specifically battery-powered

It's mentioned in the article about the aircrew vest that the tethers were a problem, and that crews were choosing not to use the previous generation vest (which AFAIK was the same one shown in the video, now being used by ground vehicle crews - where movement is less of an issue).

If CSAT have the tech to produce a dismounted microclimate suit, I'm fairly certain they'd use the same suit for mounted troops. Even if it now just connects to the vehicle's power supply rather than an integrated battery.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Just finished the first mission of the campaign, and while I didn't see any gamebreaker, I noticed an error message

This one got discovered yesterday by our QA and should be fixed in the next dev-branch update. It's caused when...

Spoiler

...the supporting Nyx gets mobility or firepower kill.

• Like 6

From todays devbranch update

Tweaked: Penetration materials on all armored vehicle models 

Care to elaborate a little? Making a change to all armored vehicle penetration warrants testing/feedback to test the new configuration :)

• Like 1

A reminder..... please BI fix this texture

2w7fq07.jpg

• Like 1

Fixed: Missing sounds across several assets 

SPG-9 is still too quiet...

Added: countermeasureActivationRadius (incoming missile warning range) set to 2km for AFVs, 10km for aircrafts 

I don't know how to feel about aircraft, but at least for the AFVs it might be a bit too much, given that 2km will usually be the effective radius of the AO. Most launches will be within this radius. Maybe 1 to 1.5km is a better balance? Gives some room for error. 

EDIT: also consider that the default view distance on servers is 1600m.

• Like 3

@BIminions would you consider this ticket for the next release? https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127729

It's a pretty simple fix that would allow user missions to use the kbTell/conversation system in place. Right now, the oversight mentioned in the ticket will require that the Sentence class comes from an addon since it will always use configFile instead of going via BIS_fnc_kbTopicConfig as all the other related functions do.

• Like 2

Has there been a change to the GBUS in game? I can not select GBU on the wipeout playing showcase or in editor. 

scratch that had cba and jsrs running . so mod clash. my bad.

2 hours ago, Alwarren said:

@BIminions would you consider this ticket for the next release? https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127729

It's a pretty simple fix that would allow user missions to use the kbTell/conversation system in place. Right now, the oversight mentioned in the ticket will require that the Sentence class comes from an addon since it will always use configFile instead of going via BIS_fnc_kbTopicConfig as all the other related functions do.

Not sure if this is what you meant, but you can use BIS_fnc_kbTell in user missions, but it requires that you duplicate all of the kb topic & sentence stuff and put it into cfgSentences in the description file, as well as having the specific kb folders and files in place. It's obviously a huge pain in the neck and your fix would be very welcome though.

The Vorona seems to guide to a point slightly higher than the central dot on the sight. It seems to hit closer to the point between the lower ends of the two diagonal lines.

54 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

The Vorona seems to guide to a point slightly higher than the central dot on the sight. It seems to hit closer to the point between the lower ends of the two diagonal lines.

Works fine for me, how far is your target?

About 1000m away. Which, BTW, is actually quite close for a guided missile attack.

Just tested it and it aims very, very slightly below the dot for me. Have you changed your FOV? That can play havoc with launcher sights.

Also the max range of both the Vorona and the real life Metis-M is 2km, so 1000m is, quite literally, midrange.

• Like 1

I feel like the 20mm HE on the Nyx AutoCannon is really underwhelming. Like, REALLY, underwhelming. Just try shooting at the AI's feet in Virtual Arsenal. It still takes like 10 shells to kill. I can't say anything about the AP as I haven't extensively tried it, but I'll just say it's usually not enough to down a chopper before it kills you. Also, probably mentioned before, but AI can lock through smoke, and it seems sometimes missiles track through it. Don't know if players can do it, though.

Just noticed, too: gun on Kuma can seem to clip into tank because of recoil if you are pointing the gun at the floor. Don't know what you can do about that, but I don't mind too much, it's minimal anyways. And what are you gonna do about the Narnia hatch on the Kuma, bug or feature/lore?

Sorry if I keep editing this post too much, mods,  especially if you've heard these before, but I'm sort of on a roll with noticing stuff. If you look at the turret ring on the back of the Kuma, you can see the player clipping through it, as if placed incorrectly or turret ring not wide enough.

11 hours ago, 2nd ranger said:

Not sure if this is what you meant, but you can use BIS_fnc_kbTell in user missions, but it requires that you duplicate all of the kb topic & sentence stuff and put it into cfgSentences in the description file, as well as having the specific kb folders and files in place. It's obviously a huge pain in the neck and your fix would be very welcome though.

This specific method can play entire conversations automatically, and is used e.g. in Apex protocol. But due to the fact that they use configFile instead of their function, it will not find the subtitles and hence not display anything, which is a real bummer.

On 3/15/2018 at 7:23 AM, Chief1924 said:

I feel like the 20mm HE on the Nyx AutoCannon is really underwhelming.

Sigh. HE simulation in vanilla ArmA 3 is also an area that could use some tweaks. It's not bad, but there is apparently 0 penetration or delay fuze possibilities here. The crew of vehicles do not suffer damage as a direct result of the HE splash damage either, they suffer a fraction of the damage dealt to the vehicle itself. This is why you can shoot a 40mm grenade in the drivers seat window, and the driver is fine.

You can also fire a 40mm grenade into the back of a covered truck, hit the troops in the face, and they are fine.

But your example regarding 20mm HE, while I have not tested myself in the game, I have been so lucky to stand next to 20mm HEI-T in a bunker next to the target area and witnessed it's power.

It has a surprisingly decent lethal radius for unarmored targets (no vest) due to the fragmentation effect. However I believe 2 meters is the deadly distance of armored infantry targets. Needless to say, these 20mm shells behave as miniature grenades. While one may not ruin your entire squad, a burst of 100 from an aircraft performing a strafe run, or a quick burst from an autocannon should leave the squad in a pretty mangled state. The ones who are not incapacitated should definitely be injured and dazzled (they are loud).

The lethal radius, damage falloff and damage value may need some tweaking if your observations are true :)

• Like 2

When are tanks in group and near the shore or beach, they will sometimes drive into the ocean and drown themselfs. This way I lost the tank for the last time in Tanks showcase and mission failed due to hight casualties :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2