9 minutes ago, oukej said:

I'm sorry, but as it is now, it's not possible to change submunition behavior based on the selected weapon mode / flight profile :(

No worries - it's oukej (wink) ;) It's still way better than what the PCML used to be - and you should be proud of that!

However, this does leave you with a gameplay-design situation where the top attack will be your no1 choice in most scenarios, because it will hit the vehicle top, avoiding ERA and hitting weaker armor.

The only situation you would prefer Direct Attack is against entrenched infantry (which cannot be locked) or soft targets. According to my own tests and other users - we have reported that the PCML in direct attack (unguided) does not work well with the weapon sights (missile flies over the crosshair and does not drop), and as such it is difficult to use the PCML against infantry and soft targets in direct attack (unguided).

FYI :)

Good luck with the bugsmashing and fire-extinguishing. Gotta love mondays!

• Like 2

Hi has someone else the problem, that the Nyx Recon (with radar) does not send the radar targets to the Nyx AA?

Data Link is enabled on both vehicles.

I am not sure if this is a bug, or if i am doing something wrong.

3 minutes ago, Meiestrix said:

Hi has someone else the problem, that the Nyx Recon (with radar) does not send the radar targets to the Nyx AA?

Probably a stupid question, but have you checked that the Nyx Recon has activated its radar? (spinning)

For it to work, Nyx Recon must have datalink active, radar on and target line of sight.

The Nyx AA should then automatically receive the datalinked target.

• Like 2

I think i found the problem.

It looks like the Nyx Recon cant be empty.  If you disembark the crew the radar signal vanishes after some seconds.

Is this behavior on purpose? In my opinion it would be better when the radar stays on.

Then you would have the opportunity to park a Nyx Reacon in your FOB and go an a patrol without the need of a additional radar vehicle.

• Like 2

arm 3 went into the completion stage and we have many interesting things that were missing in the previous parts of the game, but one of the most recognizable of her things did not appear: the warfare mode. It is very a pity, I hope this gap will be filled before the whole team of developers will move into a new project. (google tr.).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Meiestrix said:

It looks like the Nyx Recon cant be empty.  If you disembark the crew the radar signal vanishes after some seconds.

Is this behavior on purpose? In my opinion it would be better when the radar stays on.

Then you would have the opportunity to park a Nyx Reacon in your FOB and go an a patrol without the need of a additional radar vehicle.

Can't you just place a Nyx Recon with an AI commander in the seat? That would leave the radar active and transmitting Datalink targets for you?

9 minutes ago, Meiestrix said:

The military is not a one man job, the game should reflect that.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Beagle said:

The military is not a one man job, the game should reflect that.

Sure, but that would also mean, that you cant leave your vehicle without the loose of the radar.

And i think the radar can do its job even without a human in front of the screen starring at it. :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reyhard said:

Hm, seems to work fine on my end - are you using some mods perhaps?

Only mod loaded was Eden Enhanced.  Will test now to check with 0 mods active.

Issue isn't present any more although there's no damage state for the windows, they're either there or not unlike other Zamaks which have a damaged state with bullet holes etc.

22 minutes ago, Meiestrix said:

Sure, but that would also mean, that you cant leave your vehicle without the loose of the radar.

And i think the radar can do its job even without a human in front of the screen starring at it. :D

I would prefer to have in control AI, in the action menu - "Turn on radar"

4 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

I would prefer to have in control AI, in the action menu - "Turn on radar"

I believe it's tied to their behaviour.  Aware + Combat = radar on.  Safe + Stealth = radar off.

The option in the 6-Menu for "Radar On/Off" doesn't seem to work.

• Thanks 1

So minor texture issues here, I commented already on most of it, but now I have pictures.

Rhino MGS camo netting does not show up at close range, but from farther away it does, so I suspect its a LoD issue. The Rhino Up does not have this issue.

Pics:

Spoiler

Zoomed out far enough:

GUt5DqA.jpg

Get the camera closer, and its gone:

2JX8d4s.jpg

Pics of it in the middle of disappearing:

wQFtkQ7.jpg

t88YeUu.jpg

Artifacts in the editor from placing a camo net, and then removing it:

Spoiler

nVJTjOc.jpg

(On the Marshal)

The side skirts on the panther have this same problem

Guerilla 03 texture for the Gorgon seems to have the wrong texture

Spoiler

The camo net matches the texture for Guerilla 01, and Guerilla 02

HvL154f.jpg

But it doesn't match Guerilla 03 (it uses the same camo net texture as guerilla 01).. it has light lines instead of dark

Wa5vowT.jpg

And... to reiterate, we need matching textures for Nato vehicles in "green" settings (tanoa, woodland maps like a Chernarus import, etc)

Spoiler

TKWPLgj.jpg

The Gorgon with a Guerilla texture matches better than the Hunters and HEMMTs, and the prowler clearly also doesn't match the rest. The Nyx with Olive camo is spot on though, so it looks like it belongs with the other natio vehicles more.

And... I did some custom mixing and matching of textures via the init field to create "NATO-ized" variants of AAF assets, just so see what could be done with current content for scenarios

The Jungle assets. AAF vehicles with standard camo and standard camo+ a jungle net in the front row. NATO-ized versions of the Nyx and Gorgon in the next rows (with and without camo nets:

Spoiler

HpJu62X.jpg

and likewise for the Arid variants. NATO=ized Gorgon, stirder, and Nyx, compared to the AAF variants in their standard camo and with/without standard AAF camo netting:

Spoiler

bciL294.jpg

So... if we could have enough content to make NATO-ized variants of the Mora and Kuma without needing to install a mod, that would be great.

• Like 4

IMO Slammer wreck (left, second from the bottom) needs to fix its color.XwKsxCN.jpg

• Like 1

siCJJKU.jpg

Just noticed that tracks are now hidden when damaged. Small litte details. Awesome!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Just noticed that tracks are now hidden when damaged. Small litte details. Awesome!

Yep. Newly developed anti-matter fin stabilized discarding sabot (AMFSDS) now causes tracks to simply seize existing as they are annihilated by anti-particles.

Hurr hurr. ;) Still better than before though, when there was no visible damage indication!

i promise, this will be the last time i bring this up, but i feel it is such an important yet tiny feature:

have you considered adding the possibilty to lock turrets facing forward, or alternatively disable turret stabilization on button press?

there are many ways to make this a fully developed feature, but even a crude implementation without custom UI and aniamtion could be sufficient:

f.e. double left ctrl for >turretlock/stab off< (as in infantry: lower weapon) and left click for >turret unlock/stab on< (as in infantry: raise weapon)

this would so much improve every second of non combat maneuvering!!! (no need to constantly pan around the turret to keep it at 12, less complex movement and better awareness for the commander, more realistic looking tanks in cruise mode)

for AI this could simply be bound to alert state (safe - aware).

i'll shut up about this now...

• Like 9

4 hours ago, twistking said:

i promise, this will be the last time i bring this up, but i feel it is such an important yet tiny feature:

have you considered adding the possibilty to lock turrets facing forward, or alternatively disable turret stabilization on button press?

there are many ways to make this a fully developed feature, but even a crude implementation without custom UI and aniamtion could be sufficient:

f.e. double left ctrl for >turretlock/stab off< (as in infantry: lower weapon) and left click for >turret unlock/stab on< (as in infantry: raise weapon)

this would so much improve every second of non combat maneuvering!!! (no need to constantly pan around the turret to keep it at 12, less complex movement and better awareness for the commander, more realistic looking tanks in cruise mode)

for AI this could simply be bound to alert state (safe - aware).

i'll shut up about this now...

I'd like to see a quicker way for commanding the gunner to watch a position. Right now this functionality is  hidding in the communication menu.

• Like 1

There should be a "watch" (face direction) command in the quick command menu that pops up when selecting any AI. Simply point and click to make someone look there. This could also mean the driver, so he can angle/orient the hull to face known threats. Would be useful for commanding player drivers too if VOIP isn't an option.

As of now, AFAIK, you have to 'struggle' through menus to find that functionality.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Strike_NOR said:

There should be a "watch" (face direction) command in the quick command menu that pops up when selecting any AI. Simply point and click to make someone look there. This could also mean the driver, so he can angle/orient the hull to face known threats. Would be useful for commanding player drivers too if VOIP isn't an option.

As of now, AFAIK, you have to 'struggle' through menus to find that functionality.

I totally agree. Maybe even a shortcut like we have for tactical ping.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Strike_NOR said:

AFAIK you can press left alt with your soldiers selected and your default action will change from move there to look there.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sirPecka said:

AFAIK you can press left alt with your soldiers selected and your default action will change from move there to look there.

If that is the case. Cool - didn't know that. Will have to see how that affects gunner and driver in vehicles.

2 minutes ago, Strike_NOR said:

If that is the case. Cool - didn't know that. Will have to see how that affects gunner and driver in vehicles.

6 minutes ago, sirPecka said:

That's what the keybinding "Command Watch" does. Seems misleading. I though pressing the button would already tell the gunner to watch that direction. Well, at least now I know what it really does. Just took me 4 years...

• Like 1