Is the armed prowler broken in Dev? Can't get in to the front MG gunner seat (shows 2 "gunner" positions selectable - did it used to show "commander"?? Also the actual gunner MG wont fire.

Can anyone verify please?

cheers

V-44X Vehicle Transport is unable to load vehicles in-game any more.  You can still load the vehicles via Eden editor though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

V-44X Vehicle Transport is unable to load vehicles in-game any more.  You can still load the vehicles via Eden editor though.

i was able to load a jeep, but not the marshal APC or Marid APC.

1 hour ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

8 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

i was able to load a jeep, but not the marshal APC or Marid APC.

Hm? I can load a Marshal into a V-44 in-game. Speaking of, Marshal with slat armor shouldn't be loaded in V-44. Is this possible with the current game engine?

2 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

Hm? I can load a Marshal into a V-44 in-game. Speaking of, Marshal with slat armor shouldn't be loaded in V-44. Is this possible with the current game engine?

im on 1.81, what version are you?

Just now, fn_Quiksilver said:

im on 1.81, what version are you?

["Arma 3","Arma3",181,144365,"Development",false,"Windows","x64"]

On 2/25/2018 at 10:05 AM, POLPOX said:

Turrets of every Armored vehicle are don't have any collision.

If you mean the tank cannons, then yeah that's intentional to avoid wonky physx issues.

24 minutes ago, SuicideKing said:

If you mean the tank cannons, then yeah that's intentional to avoid wonky physx issues.

Sad news. Let's hope they find some answer to this problem or we can shoot enemy tank through a wall.

1 hour ago, POLPOX said:

Sad news. Let's hope they find some answer to this problem or we can shoot enemy tank through a wall.

Well, it won't happen in Arma 3, that much is confirmed. You can still shoot an enemy tank through a wall though.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, SuicideKing said:

You can still shoot an enemy tank through a wall though.

• Like 2

Anyone cares to comment on this (I'm not on DEV) ?

Tweaked: Fuel capacities of land vehicles are now more consistent across the sandbox

Does that mean "reduced" fuel capacity to be in line with the actual scale of official terrains? :hope:

• Like 4

Radio text is all messed up today. Messages like "2 - Halt2 - Halt" when telling an AI to stop, and his reply looks like "CopyCopy". Custom SideRadio text is also duplicated, but is inserted in the middle of the message, e.g. a message that should read "Alpha, seize the town!" comes out as "Alpha, Seize the "Alpha, Seize the town!"

5 hours ago, haleks said:

Anyone cares to comment on this (I'm not on DEV) ?

Does that mean "reduced" fuel capacity to be in line with the actual scale of official terrains? :hope:

That would be nice, it has always bugged me that Fuel consumption has no effect on gameplay at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, R3vo said:

That would be nice, it has always bugged me that Fuel consumption has no effect on gameplay at all.

2 sided sword, in ArmA II is was hard to drive an UAZ twice across the map....it was empty after 30km. While tanks practically never ran out of fuel.

The key factor here by should be consumption under different circumstaces as a limiting factor, not just less capacity to hide that consumtion all the same across all plattforms.

• Like 1

with the tweaks of restitution and surfaceFriction in CfgSurfaces can we please get them documented:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgSurfaces_Config_Reference#restitution
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgSurfaces_Config_Reference#surfaceFriction

these in cfgWorlds would be also nice to get - preferably with algorithm details:

minObjInTownSquare = 1.4;
minTreesInForestSquare = 3;
minRocksInRockSquare = 2;
minHillsAltitude = 80;
maxHillsAltitude = 450;

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgWorlds_Config_Reference#M

similar for the map parameters currently tweaked

ptsPerSquareTxt = 500;
ptsPerSquareFor = 15;
ptsPerSquareForEdge = 15;
ptsPerSquareRoad = 6;
ptsPerSquareMainRoad = 6;
ptsPerSquareObj = 15;
ptsPerSquareObjLod1 = 2;
ptsPerSquareForLod1 = 4;
ptsPerSquareForLod2 = 1;
ptsPerSquareRoadSimple = 1;
ptsPerSquareMainRoadSimple = 1;

what is the cfgWeaponsHandling/Recoil/kickVisual tweak about? and the tweaks in cfgCameraShake (would be great to see both root classes also documented/get the engine source comments):

m4i6dVh.png

thank you

• Like 1

11 hours ago, R3vo said:

I want a script command that adjusts fuel consumption. If we can RTB to refuel after every each of CAS Mission, this would be nice.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, haleks said:

We tweaked the fuel capacities while reworking the tank PhysX configuration. This is bringing other vehicles in line. Because for whatever reason previously the fuel played only a little role we couldn't change it as much as we'd like to. But in a long mil-sim scenario (talking about e.g. 2-3h sessions) you should definitely feel the difference.

7 hours ago, .kju said:

with the tweaks of restitution and surfaceFriction in CfgSurfaces can we please get them documented:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgSurfaces_Config_Reference#restitution
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgSurfaces_Config_Reference#surfaceFriction

First is basically a bounciness of the surface (how much will PhysX objects bounce off the surface). The second one is for the wheeled vehicles and it's basically the surf. part of http://docs.nvidia.com/gameworks/content/gameworkslibrary/physx/guide/Manual/Vehicles.html#tire-friction-on-drivable-surfaces (with the fact that A3 doesn't use different tire sets at all)

7 hours ago, .kju said:

these in cfgWorlds would be also nice to get - preferably with algorithm details:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgWorlds_Config_Reference#M

similar for the map parameters currently tweake

I'm sorry, I can't help with that atm.

7 hours ago, .kju said:

what is the cfgWeaponsHandling/Recoil/kickVisual tweak about? and the tweaks in cfgCameraShake (would be great to see both root classes also documented/get the engine source comments):

m4i6dVh.png

Probably just a part of it has got into the dev-branch. The work is only at the start. It's more of an investigation of what all is possible with what we currently have. The overall goal will be to add a better feeling to the weapon fire. As usual - it may fail, nothing's confirmed, everything's possible.

This class affects all camera shakes in the game (weapon fire, nearby fire, nearby explosion, hit, g-forces, damaged vehicle (you know this from AFM helicopters)). Caliber coef., for example, say how much the shake will be affected by weapon caliber. But since you can configure shake per each ammo this isn't needed if you're ready to do the work.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, oukej said:

We tweaked the fuel capacities while reworking the tank PhysX configuration. This is bringing other vehicles in line. Because for whatever reason previously the fuel played only a little role we couldn't change it as much as we'd like to. But in a long mil-sim scenario (talking about e.g. 2-3h sessions) you should definitely feel the difference.

It would be nice to have a command to influence fuel consumption.

• Like 1

A Question just for clarification.

Curretly (1.80) and in future (1.82): Is fuel consumption in any way related to engine rpm and workload, or it it just running time?

50 minutes ago, Beagle said:

A Question just for clarification.

Curretly (1.80) and in future (1.82): Is fuel consumption in any way related to engine rpm and workload, or it it just running time?

I havent seen any notes about consumption changes (only fuel capacity levels) - so i would say it's save to assume it works the same as it did before. Which is: Workload does not exist, throttle has no influence, its purely rpm and time based (based on my tests in the past) for tankX and by extension likely also carX.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/CfgVehicles_Config_Reference#fuelCapacity

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I noticed that the Black Wasp II (non-stealth) can't equip DAGRs or Scalpels (whereas the Wipeout can). Would be nice to have those options available...

• Like 2

Anyone on dev build can confirm this as a global issue and not just me?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127774

execute this and tell me what happens:

_actionID = player addAction ["Hello world",{systemchat 'hi';}];
systemChat str _actionID;
systemChat str (player actionParams _actionID);

Doesnt appear that the DAGRs and other anti ground/anti tank missile is able to lock on when mounted on the Hellcat and the pawnee? a bit disappointing in my opinion. 

On 2/25/2018 at 11:32 PM, pr9inichek said:

Devs, please check this video

Hi there!
Thanks for the catch, we will look at that.

Regards. 

• Like 4