Why don't you run the game and try it? When rangefinder is equipped, [T] takes a range reading, and LMB toggles the designator laser. It's that simple. You can range regardless of whether the designator is on or off.

• Like 3

Question: Has there been an intended change to make enableDebugConsole not work in singleplayer?

I have used a simple mission for quick testing for ages, it always had enableDebugConsole=2 and it always had debug console available in singeplayer. Now the debug console simply doesnt show anymore. Why is that? It is really hampering me, as i can't just load up a mission via startup parameters , i always have to go in the main menu, select eden, select mission, etc.

I noticed that the Kajman can't equip DAGRs and DARs through the pylon settings. Could this be allowed, please?

They're both NATO weapons, so it makes little sense. The Skyfire rocket is the DAR's CSAT equivalent, and it works pretty much the same.

14 hours ago, dragon01 said:

They're both NATO weapons, so it makes little sense. The Skyfire rocket is the DAR's CSAT equivalent, and it works pretty much the same.

Well, NATO and AAF helos can equip Scalpels (which are CSAT missiles) so this restriction seems very arbitrary and inconsistent. Additionally, I'm pretty sure that Skyfires are way more potent than DARs (likewise, Scalpels are way more potent than DAGRs).

It's also fairly irrelevant which side the missiles belong to canonically, since as a mission maker I'd want to balance things as I see fit. These won't be default loadouts so it doesn't affect anything within BI's world-building, as far as first-party missions and campaigns are concerned. Beyond that I'm not sure why community made missions are supposed to conform to canon?

Finally this would also help with balance issues that the KotH folks were complaining about, regarding the Kajman + Scalpels.

p.s. the Orca's default loadout has always used DAGRs.

• Like 2

I receive this error when finishing the first mission of Stepping Stone.  Current Dev branch.

As an aside, do I spy perhaps new tank fortifications?

7333791B954EF814D93ACDA52CBAFA62C267B40F

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

I receive this error when finishing the first mission of Stepping Stone.  Current Dev branch.

As an aside, do I spy perhaps new tank fortifications

Probably not for tanks themselves but as part of the DLC. I'd picture new tank traps and such.

Aren't there already tank traps from the Malden terrain? They also have been used within the TacOps missions.

The a3_structures_F_tank part of the filename does hint towards tank dlc, though.

• Like 2

I have no clue which thread to stick this in at this point, but I think this is the most appropriate. Here goes.

I was testing the DAGR and Scalpel with the Pawnee, Hellcat and Orca yesterday.

Pawnee

Spoiler

• Can't seem to get a bore-sight lock with either missiles (i was mashing T and R while the crosshair was over the MRAP, in the video)
  • No HUD/painted crosshair makes it useless to have those guided missiles there at all
  • Maybe LOAL would be useful in this case? Although dangerous, since it could lock on to any heat source in the vicinity.
  • After looking through the slingload camera, the missiles start following the camera "laser" - i.e. they go straight downwards and operate in SACLOS mode.

Orca

Spoiler

• bore-sight doesn't work, but moving the cursor over the target and pressing T selects the target and initiates lock (presumably when it's within seeker FOV).
  • this is confusing given that the HUD symbols seem to suggest the opposite, and lack of vehicle sensors.
  • If the missile seeker FOV is indeed that wide, maybe the HUD should suggest that?
  • Co-pilot has no HUD (intended?)
  • Co-pilot view is locked (as if controlling a non-existent camera) and free-look is disabled
  • The passenger door seems to have incorrect shadows cast on it from the main rotor.

Hellcat

Spoiler

• Bore-sight doesn't work
  • Cursor lock works (see comments from Orca regarding this)
  • Co-pilot camera can lock (which is nice)
  • SACLOS doesn't work with co-pilot camera (which is odd given what happens with the Pawnee)
  • Like 4

It is necessary to do something with the fall of the FPS, the view from the optical sight. Fall of FPS by more than 50%.

Reproduced on any optical system.

Need to create a new ticket? Is this part of this ticket ?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T59083

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lex__1 said:

It is necessary to do something with the fall of the FPS, the view from the optical sight. Fall of FPS by more than 50%.

Reproduced on any optical system.

Need to create a new ticket? Is this part of this ticket ?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T59083

Probably something to do with the way particles work maybe? Maybe the muzzle flash itself causes the drop? 

14 minutes ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Probably something to do with the way particles work maybe? Maybe the muzzle flash itself causes the drop? 

This and / or the muzzle flashes. If you break the muzzle flash proxy on a weapon, it'll lag your game to shit if you zoom in on it.

4 hours ago, Night515 said:

This and / or the muzzle flashes. If you break the muzzle flash proxy on a weapon, it'll lag your game to shit if you zoom in on it.

it's most likely muzzle flash that cause that fps drop. They are using multiple layers of textures with alpha which are quite demanding for game to render. There were some attempts to improve it (i.e. Blackfish 105mm cannon flash was tweaked) but I guess it's too late to get some engine solution for it.

• Like 3

Hey @reyhard can you check out the flag on the Marshall by chance? ForceFlagTexture doesn't seem to work on it and I am not a fan of doing them old school hacky flag solutions.

1 hour ago, lexx said:

Hey @reyhard can you check out the flag on the Marshall by chance? ForceFlagTexture doesn't seem to work on it and I am not a fan of doing them old school hacky flag solutions.

It's fixed in internal build for some time already

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I cant seem to remember it being mentioned, but will the lod bug mentioned here be fixed in the next update?

1 hour ago, Rich_R said:

I cant seem to remember it being mentioned, but will the lod bug mentioned here be fixed in the next update?

Yes, it's already fixed on devbranch

• Like 3

2 hours ago, reyhard said:

Yes, it's already fixed on devbranch

Awesome news!

Thanks!

Would it be possible to add hidden selections to the folding chairs (the ones that is the same texture as the camping tables)?

Added: Basic Helmet (Black) variant for Laws of War DLC

This is from october, but it reminded me - could we get a light blue variant too please? For UN Peacekeepers cosplay missions :3

(i don't know why i didn't bring this up back then...)

• Like 4

Monday will be a good day. I'm getting bi-weekly good vibes.

And have a great weekend Bohemia Studios. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SuicideKing said:

This is from october, but it reminded me - could we get a light blue variant too please? For UN Peacekeepers cosplay missions :3

(i don't know why i didn't bring this up back then...)

or a version covered with the same french lizard camo like syndikat pants , the helmet is clearly a french Spectre or something like that

• Like 1