Also, could you look at the MB 4WD? The suspension seems to be very stiff for an offroader.

1 hour ago, SuicideKing said:

well they said it's WIP so i assume it's not done yet....

I rather suspect someone dun goofed with the update. They wouldn't release it if all it did was to break existing audio.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

These keypad lights can be seen from unlimited distance at night.

How to see them: On Tanoa, fly over Georgetown at night. All the little red dots are these things. I cant think this is healthy for FPS

A0FC943D42B92738C470A844D6D7AF7B147E2838

3F4C19A88C84537AF00FC531F0FDDAF319B24A08

3568A3EC8537D6D76F0ED982DFA2BC22C10DD2BF

Example of how it looks:

(all the little red dots are these keypad lights)

2EC106CE182464D34D8792CD96CAAB6CB87824C5

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

ahhaha I remember noticing those a few months back and I thought it was some work-in-progress attempt at creating city lights visible from a distance

Now it makes sense why they were red :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

logistical issues... Did you have to evacuate all server hardware into the inside of Edita from the storm ?  Hope you all get home safely.

dayum with those keypad things might have been better off just doing broken ones that had wires hanging out, and no need for the lights. I get it probably was to help with the dark night no nvgs but still.

2 hours ago, kecske said:

ahhaha I remember noticing those a few months back and I thought it was some work-in-progress attempt at creating city lights visible from a distance

Now it makes sense why they were red :icon_biggrin:

Heh, that's what I thought too. Looked pretty good, except that it was red.

The idea of recreating city lights is amazing. It is looking amazing even right now. Please BI, don't delete it unless you've got something better on your mind :)

So while trying to test the new soundsets for vehicles introduced in latest devbranch update, I found out that your mechanics have incorrectly assembled some vehicle transmissions ;)

Namely the Strider and Ifrit automatic transmission gear selectors. They are not behaving in a very healthy way :)

Bugtracker here: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127578

Video here:

• Like 1

- The movement of cars in the rear movement causes some problems in collisions with bushes. Machines can easily turn over.
- Look at BTR-K Kamysh. Through its texture you can enter on foot. If you sit behind the arrow, and turn the tower or shoot, the texture of BTR-K Kamysh acquires the right properties.

If you have ideas how to change this:
- T63264, T127260 problem of hives on servers
- T79923 parachute collision with trees
- T126270 the shooter is tangled in the definition of the target
- T82167, T81982, T123368, T124077 problems with bipod
- T82258 Transparency and Opacity of the Landscape Problem
- T83081 fog in the monitor window of the camera

video review of listed problems:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

> T82258 Transparency and Opacity of the Landscape Problem

This not a bug and will not be fixed.

It is unfortunate result of terrain LODing (we have to limit rendered geometry as it grows exponentially). Speed of LODing is affected by terrain detail.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dr. hladik said:

> T82258 Transparency and Opacity of the Landscape Problem

This not a bug and will not be fixed.

It is unfortunate result of terrain LODing (we have to limit rendered geometry as it grows exponentially). Speed of LODing is affected by terrain detail.

Is it possible then not to render objects that are in the affected areas so we dont see them?  

On a different  subject would you be able to make artillery cannons not take terrain into account with targeting and firing  solutions? At the moment AI artillery will fire out to about 16km( seems to be hard limit for ai locking anything) and will shoot even with low view distance ie no los, but as soon as terrain blocks los thats it they refuse to fire even though they know where the enemy is. Im one step away from native non scripted AI artillery ( god the new datalink i fun) but this has me beat as i dont want to use scripts to force them to fire

These screenshots are from profiling branch, not dev but that shouldn't change much afaik.

Issue 1: Tank's engine starts getting affected at this depth. Seeing what tanks are usually capable of going through, maybe the depth through which they can go be increased slightly? At least enough to not stall in the Limni marshes on Altis.

Issue 2: Tanks don't cause a splashing effect when they enter water at speed, and there's no effect on the water surface when they traverse through it.

Spoiler

6VXsJdP.jpg 

Issue 3: Buildings visibly clipping through each other in Larche, Malden.(at the CO marker)

Spoiler

QfIzWec.jpg 

kKd5sWk.jpg 

dQhD9kk.jpg

Issue 4: Water texture seems to be missing when looking out of the CSAT VTOL's window (multiplayer, dedicated server)

Spoiler

LUJMj1c.jpg

Edited by SuicideKing
Images hidden as spoilers to save space; clarified which VTOL
  • Like 3

Is there any chance to get a new hidden selection for the container on the HEMTT Box vehicle? Oh, and why not a hidden selection for the container object as well? That would be really great.

• Like 3

Reposting this from #dev_rc_branch in discord because it looks like a pretty bad bug, found by Ulairi.

The wheeled APCs' crew can be shot at and killed by small arms fired between the wheels. See the additional information in this ticket for the rest of the videos. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127593

• Like 1

Are you going to revisit the vehicle suspensions? Many vehicles behave very weird, especially when accelerating and decelerating.

Also, the Offroad seems to turn quicker than its front tires should allow. Just drive with it and turn left right quickly.

9 hours ago, R3vo said:

Are you going to revisit the vehicle suspensions? Many vehicles behave very weird, especially when accelerating and decelerating.

Most probably we won't have enough time for it but if you point us to individual vehicles we might be able to fix the most obvious ones

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, oukej said:

Most probably we won't have enough time for it but if you point us to individual vehicles we might be able to fix the most obvious ones

I noticed that the HEMTT seems to be the only truck where, when accelerating, the front suspension compresses. When decelerating, the rear suspension compresses.

Most other vehicles "lift" in the front when accelerating, and compress in the front when decelerating.

I actually recorded this ingame, but haven't posted the video on youtube yet. I think this is an error.

Yes, and while you try to fix the HEMTT suspension, plz also add a new hidden  selection for the HEMTT Box container. :>

• Like 2

10 hours ago, R3vo said:

Also, the Offroad seems to turn quicker than its front tires should allow. Just drive with it and turn left right quickly.

The opposite seems to be the case for the quad bike, it doesn't steer as much as the tires would indicate.

Cheers

• Thanks 1

At speeds of about 20 km / h of HEMT transport, the rear suspension does not fully work its way in the turns to the left or to the right, the rear wheels come off the ground. This behavior is more suitable for higher speeds.

5 hours ago, oukej said:

Most vehicles have the issue that their front raises when driving backwards and the other way around.

And exeception is the Offroad, it seems that it turns faster than its wheels would actually allow.

Last but not least, the 4WD Jeep seems to be too stiff for an offroad vehicle a little more bounce would be appreciated. *Are you listening, lord of bounce?*

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Last but not least, the 4WD Jeep seems to be too stiff for an offroad vehicle a little more bounce would be appreciated. *Are you listening, lord of bounce?*

Tried it atm and it seems to behave pretty well - I don't feel that stiffnes at all. Suspension is pretty strong but that allows you to cross obstacles without breaking tires and I think that is more important for offroad vehicle.

• Like 5