21 hours ago, x3kj said:

The input is smoothed when steering. Use Epevehicle dialog in arma3diag.exe and you see that when you press the key the value ramps from 0 to 1, instead of beeing instant. There are new parameters shown in the dialog for this. This helps smooth the vehicle actions and reduce jerkiness. Imo it feels better, but its subtle. If you are used to simply tap the keys for fine adjustement then this will not work as well anymore.

Its like wheels steering in cars -> if you press A or D for turning the wheel just doesnt snap into the "maximum turn angle" position. It transitions in a short time frame.

Notice also how thrust left & right sources are changed. Before, when pressing W +  A or D, one side was going to -1 and another one to 1. Right now, movement with W is keeping one side at 0 & another one at 1. For full turn you can release W key and you will have same turning behaviour as before

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, reyhard said:

Notice also how thrust left & right sources are changed. Before, when pressing W +  A or D, one side was going to -1 and another one to 1. Right now, movement with W is keeping one side at 0 & another one at 1. For full turn you can release W key and you will have same turning behaviour as before

OH! fantastic! My 3.5year old ticket can finally be marked as done then :D https://feedback.bistudio.com/T78436

• Like 3

On 07/01/2018 at 12:07 PM, Horus said:

Does anyone work on this problem or is still on to-do list?

LoDs are being improved for some clutter models (thanks to redPhoenix), but the technology behind it won't change : the problem won't be 100% fixed that late in the game development, sadly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am going to do the unspeakable thing and ask politely:

Can you at this point say anything with regards to improvement of the armor damage model/weapon mechanics for Tanks DLC? Are you planning on diversifying warheads/armor types and their applications (such as High Explosive Anti-Tank, Explosively formed penetrators, High explosive squash head versus spaced armor, composite, RHA etc)? Or is this simply not in the scope of the DLC?

I am very pleased with the already introduced features (soundsets, physx, interiors) and speculated additional assets, but I'm extremely curious. Please forgive me :)

I will accept "At this point it is too early to comment on that" as an answer.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Strike_NOR said:

I am going to do the unspeakable thing and ask politely:

Can you at this point say anything with regards to improvement of the armor damage model/weapon mechanics for Tanks DLC? Are you planning on diversifying warheads/armor types and their applications (such as High Explosive Anti-Tank, Explosively formed penetrators, High explosive squash head versus spaced armor, composite, RHA etc)? Or is this simply not in the scope of the DLC?

I am very pleased with the already introduced features (soundsets, physx, interiors) and speculated additional assets, but I'm extremely curious. Please forgive me :)

I will accept "At this point it is too early to comment on that" as an answer.

I'm afraid it's too early to comment on that, we plan to share more details about Tanks DLC closer to its release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, OlegAckbar said:

Clear optics on marshall pls, this dirt (I hope it is dirt) looks very annoying.

Need an animation - clear the optics )))

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

Need an animation - clear the optics )))

Yeah with small spray bottle first, cloth to wipe and then a window wiper thing to avoid streak residues. (Sarcasm) ? Nah, some grit is needed. Maybe just tweak it.

1 hour ago, bis_iceman said:

I'm afraid it's too early to comment on that, we plan to share more details about Tanks DLC closer to its release.

Thanks for answering my question! I will endure the excitement! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OlegAckbar said:

Clear optics on marshall pls, this dirt (I hope it is dirt) looks very annoying.

If its annoying in game.. just imagine dirt on your optics IRL. 

I like the idea, just needs to be tweaked. 

• Like 2

Cant a graphic be dynamic? Meaning start with a clean one, switch it up as you dirty it up on country roads? Maybe not possible, dont understand these sorts of things. Such as never got why we cant have more than one walking animation at once

• Like 1

Step #1: Crouch with a rifle

Step #2: Move forward

Step #3: Notice speed

Step #4: Move forward and left

Step #5: Notice speed

Step #6: Move forward and right

Step #7: Notice speed

Step #8: Get triggered by the animations' speed difference

Easier to see in Virtual Arsenal with the speed bar on the right.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

If its annoying in game.. just imagine dirt on your optics IRL. 

I like the idea, just needs to be tweaked. 

Dirt of that kind would ony be acceptable if it was a temporary/removable feature like in Warthunder.

1 hour ago, froggyluv said:

Cant a graphic be dynamic? Meaning start with a clean one, switch it up as you dirty it up on country roads? Maybe not possible, dont understand these sorts of things. Such as never got why we cant have more than one walking animation at once

From what I gather that technology is in Enfusion Engine. 

I is definitely not apart of the A3 RV engine as I've never seen it happen, though it may come with tanks DLC who knows.. However you could do a script or something whereby if you drive on a dirt surface for like 30 seconds (or whatever time) it applys a texture. However when it comes to WarThunder style dirt etc, you might have to wait for A4 for that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

From what I gather that technology is in Enfusion Engine. 

I is definitely not apart of the A3 RV engine as I've never seen it happen, though it may come with tanks DLC who knows.. However you could do a script or something whereby if you drive on a dirt surface for like 30 seconds (or whatever time) it applys a texture. However when it comes to WarThunder style dirt etc, you might have to wait for A4 for that. 

In the cars there are broken glasses. Repair repairs them.
I think it's possible to do it.

3 hours ago, lex__1 said:

In the cars there are broken glasses. Repair repairs them.
I think it's possible to do it.

I doubt it would be possible to have a smooth transition between two textures. So please don't.

Dev branch feedback:

dBdGd3O.jpg 

Extra crosshair on Gorgon commander's display?

iiiTRJh.jpg 

Broken looking texture in the marid driver cockpit

puStKJ1.jpg

Marshall viewports are blocked

b806K4G.jpg 

Stratis Map textures look odd.

Album link: https://imgur.com/a/3XIFu

p.s. Could we get imgur album support please? Way more convenient and takes less space.

10 minutes ago, SuicideKing said:

Marshall viewports are blocked

Take a look how it looks from outside ;)

It's UI crosshair, if you disable crosshair in difficulty settings then it should go away.

Broken looking texture in the marid driver cockpit

What is broken with that texture?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SuicideKing said:

p.s. Could we get imgur album support please? Way more convenient and takes less space.

Personally i like the old school method of putting images in a post, however if you would like imgur support. Please post here (https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/126-bohemia-interactive-web-pages/) to request it and the webteam will look at your request. Now lets get back on topic. :f:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuicideKing said:

Stratis Map textures look odd.

The maps are looking like that for a couple weeks now. Don't think there was ever anything about it in the change logs. I got used to it rather quickly, tho I'm not sure why the visuals were changed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SuicideKing said:

This is a thing that annoyed me. How about removing actual crosshair while the camera is inside of the vehicle?

• Like 2

Please nobody even think of touching the new map relief shading! It's absolutely perfect and very useful!  

Are there plans to add it to the in-game map too? And not just the editor?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, reyhard said:

Take a look how it looks from outside ;)

I assume you mean it's intentional? I'll take a look, but I can't say I understand why this was changed (don't remember this being there before).

It's UI crosshair, if you disable crosshair in difficulty settings then it should go away.

yeah but maybe it should be auto-disabled when inside the vehicle, irrespective of UI settings? (ditto for all vehicles with any sort of HUD/Camera, really)

What is broken with that texture?

Maybe broken was a bad word to use - more like the texture itself looks like a yellow rectangle with a broken area - like it's glass that was shattered. Neither the rectangle nor the shattered bit don't look like they have any purpose either...it's also kinda weird that every Marid has that broken bit? Ditto for the Marshall, why would every single Marshall that NATO has, have the viewport covered like  that (still haven't looked at it from the outside though...)?

8 hours ago, lexx said:

The maps are looking like that for a couple weeks now. Don't think there was ever anything about it in the change logs. I got used to it rather quickly, tho I'm not sure why the visuals were changed.

7 hours ago, Greenfist said:

Please nobody even think of touching the new map relief shading! It's absolutely perfect and very useful!  

Yeah I mean i can live with them but wasn't sure if it was deliberate, because I didn't read about it in the logs. Is useful though, i suppose.

So, what's the reasoning behind the changing of the accuracy on many of the vehicles currently in-game?

Kajman 30MM and some others seem unreasonably inaccurate.

For the Gatling and other high ROF cannons I understand, but the 40mm on the Marshall is supposed to be quite accurate.

Atleast differentiate between APFSDS and HE, at least IMHO.

(I know guns have same accuracy regardless of ammo and that you'd need to change the way accuracy is calculated, maybe have base accuracy value ammo specific but give the gun a "multiplier"? 

Example: 120MM APFSDS 0.1mils accuracy ---- 120MM HE 0.2mils accuracy ----- Kuma 120MM cannon 1.0x accuracy multiplier ----- Slammer M2A1 "short" 120MM cannon 1.2x accuracy multiplier)

Multiplier would come in handy when you have two guns that use the same ammo but one is lower caliber so should have lower accuracy.

2 hours ago, scavenjer said:

So, what's the reasoning behind the changing of the accuracy on many of the vehicles currently in-game?

Some weapons were too accurate even when compared to their real counterparts (especially gatling types, HMGs, GMGs) and it was possible to use them as way too accurate "sniper" weapons. Having similar long range single-shot kill certainty as with the tank cannons or APC autocannons. But even those were simply "laser precise" without any dispersion at all. It should be now scaled with a better understanding of the purpose of each weapon.

The Marshalls 40mm should still be very precise. This is few shots APFSDS at a 2m diameter target @1000m now (after the change):

7gguqha.jpgu7eY5nM.jpg

2 hours ago, scavenjer said:

t the 40mm on the Marshall is supposed to be quite accurate.

Atleast differentiate between APFSDS and HE, at least IMHO.

The difference should already be there in case of dual feed cannons (different muzzle) - e.g. the mentioned Marshall, Kamysh or also the Kajman.
Some test-firing

• 500 40mm APFSDS shots @ 1000m
    • ~75% @ < 0.35m radius (which might be still more precise than what these weapons realistically are)
    • ~95% @ < 0.5m
  • 500 40mm GPR-T shots @ 1000m
    • ~60% @ < 0.35m radius
    • ~76% @ < 0.5m
    • ~95% @ < 0.9m

You can also check one article about gun test here https://quillorcapture.com/tag/90mm/ with a target image (but without actual data). (thx @Damian90 for the reference link)

Anyway, as always :), this is very much open to the feedback and changes are possible :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2