it's like that for a while already. Thought the editor just takes forever to save the data in the background. though I also do remember it being a lot faster in the past.

4 hours ago, R3vo said:

Can anyone confirm that selecting multiple units in Eden locks of the game for a short time? Somethings wrong here. Tested on dev with no mods.

Confirm.

On 12/21/2017 at 8:24 AM, R3vo said:

https://imgur.com/a/03W7h

First two pictures show that something's wrong with the IDAP Van's LOD.

The last picture shows a script error at the end of the 2nd "No Hope" mission. The error prevented any progress. So it seems this

is not yet fixed.

Can confirm, stuck at same point.

On 23.12.2017 at 5:16 PM, R3vo said:

Can anyone confirm that selecting multiple units in Eden locks of the game for a short time? Somethings wrong here. Tested on dev with no mods.

I found out that moving everything over to a new (clean) map solves the issue. Now everything is fast again. Seems like the older the mission, the slower it becomes!?!

15 minutes ago, R3vo said:

I found out that moving everything over to a new (clean) map solves the issue. Now everything is fast again. Seems like the older the mission, the slower it becomes!?!

How to you move the mission to a new/clean map?

15 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

How to you move the mission to a new/clean map?

For me it was a very simple mission with a lot of objects. So I copied them all and pasted them into a new scenario. After that working with Eden is quick again.

• Like 1

The suspension of the MB 4WD behaves weird. It's lifting up in the front when accelerating forward.

9 hours ago, R3vo said:

The suspension of the MB 4WD behaves weird. It's lifting up in the front when accelerating forward.

It should be tweaked on devbranch tomorrow

• Like 1

On 12/23/2017 at 5:16 PM, R3vo said:

Can confirm. Started with 1.78. For me it happens even with a fresh map, if I merge another mission. The more units i select, the slower it becomes.

2 hours ago, POLPOX said:

Does anybody notice the incorrect blur on Simple Object of Blackfish?

https://imgur.com/a/jccde

Will take a look tomorrow. Did some tweaks on it recently, so maybe I cucked something up there. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fixed: Performance drop when selecting and manipulating multiple entities (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127366)

Would anymore mind sharing some information of what caused the issue? Just curious.

On 20.12.2017 at 10:24 PM, R3vo said:

https://imgur.com/a/03W7h

The last picture shows a script error at the end of the 2nd "No Hope" mission. The error prevented any progress.

Any update on this issue? I would love to finally finish that operation.

13 hours ago, R3vo said:

Would anymore mind sharing some information of what caused the issue? Just curious.

As far as I read there were some performance heavy script calls made when they shouldn't. This was related to the Key Frame Animation module implementation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DnA said:

As far as I read there were some performance heavy script calls made when they shouldn't. This was related to the Key Frame Animation module implementation.

Alright, I presumed it had to do with the key frame animation. Thanks for the info ;)

Edit: I found an issue with Display3DENCopy. It seems that the scroll height is not dynamically changed. The data is always cut off at the end. Could somebody fix that?

nmS0aHf.jpg

It also  happens when the display is used to export Terrain Builder data.

In regards to the Civilian generation module introduced during Tac Ops:

Is it possible to be able to define what faction of civilians spawn?  Currently it's Altis based civilians which limits the usage of this module to that map.

• Like 1

Tweaked: Direct tracked vehicles driving (by WASD keys) was improved 

What exactly was "improved" here? The Kuma feels less responsive now.

2 hours ago, R3vo said:

Some loud voices said that the earlier direct control mode was too responsive and overly direct and would make a driver oblolete. The term "arcade" was also mentioned.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beagle said:

Some loud voices said that the earlier direct control mode was too responsive and overly direct and would make a driver oblolete. The term "arcade" was also mentioned.

Gotta have that "authentic" laggyish feeling. 

6 hours ago, Beagle said:

I thought we are talking about direct control, e.g, when you are driving the tank.

55 minutes ago, R3vo said:

I thought we are talking about direct control, e.g, when you are driving the tank.

Yea that's what I thought.

I do agree though when in a tank and at low speed it can be really sensitive for some reason, until you come to a full stop then it kinda feels normal. 

40 minutes ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Yea that's what I thought.

I do agree though when in a tank and at low speed it can be really sensitive for some reason, until you come to a full stop then it kinda feels normal. 

It is obviously also a bug differnce if you use keyboard or periphery input a.k.a. Joystick. The current auto brake, auto clutch issue is thematised in the according tank handling thread.

https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/211039-tanks-tracked-vehicles-driving-and-handling/

13 hours ago, R3vo said:

The input is smoothed when steering. Use Epevehicle dialog in arma3diag.exe and you see that when you press the key the value ramps from 0 to 1, instead of beeing instant. There are new parameters shown in the dialog for this. This helps smooth the vehicle actions and reduce jerkiness. Imo it feels better, but its subtle. If you are used to simply tap the keys for fine adjustement then this will not work as well anymore.

Its like wheels steering in cars -> if you press A or D for turning the wheel just doesnt snap into the "maximum turn angle" position. It transitions in a short time frame.

11 hours ago, Beagle said:

has nothing to do with what this change is about.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, x3kj said:

The input is smoothed when steering. Use Epevehicle dialog in arma3diag.exe and you see that when you press the key the value ramps from 0 to 1, instead of beeing instant. There are new parameters shown in the dialog for this. This helps smooth the vehicle actions and reduce jerkiness. Imo it feels better, but its subtle. If you are used to simply tap the keys for fine adjustement then this will not work as well anymore.

Its like wheels steering in cars -> if you press A or D for turning the wheel just doesnt snap into the "maximum turn angle" position. It transitions in a short time frame.

Alright, that explains what I noticed yesterday. Guess it's because I am used to quickly tapping to turn. I'll see how I feel it about it once I got used to it.

Either I am stupid, or V_PlateCarrierIA1_dgtl and V_PlateCarrierIA2_dgtl don't have hidden selections... is there any chance to get them added here?

On 6/7/2017 at 12:02 PM, Karloff said:

Hello,
noted and sent to our Art devs. :)

Thanks for your feedback! 

Does anyone work on this problem or is still on to-do list?