I just realised the Blackfish when you land as wheels hit the ground  the throttle bounces back to 100%. makes it quite annoying trying to land sometimes got to kill the whole engine. 

can someone check this to confirm. might be my jumbled key binds .

4 minutes ago, teabagginpeople said:

I just realised the Blackfish when you land as wheels hit the ground  the throttle bounces back to 100%. makes it quite annoying trying to land sometimes got to kill the whole engine. 

I can be mistaken, but I read it somewhere already, it seems there was a ticket to this problem.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

this happens when there are other people in your group

if you're in your own group it doesn't happen.

just arma things ...

maybe @armored_sheep would know why, I think he has worked on flight model things.

for sheep, the issue is:

when you're flying a VTOL blackfish, if there are other people in your group (dedicated MP), when your wheels touch the ground (such as when taxiing) the throttle goes to 100%, causing you to bounce up and down, often violently.

• Like 1

No update due to "logistical issues". 

I like how this is becoming some sort of a running gag. Even the devs put logistical issues in quotation marks now :P

• Haha 3

Tweaked: Ground clutter models should now change LODs smoother (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124606) 

UQyOGPk.gif

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

UQyOGPk.gif

Please post your feedback here! I need to know if there are still issues with it.
Also, please tell me if anything changed on your performance.

• Like 6

Just now, Redphoenix said:

Please post your feedback here! I need to know if there are still issues with it.

Looks like 90% of the issues were fixed. I only found 1 or 2 grass types which still pop in.

Performance seems to be fine to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R3vo said:

Looks like 90% of the issues were fixed. I only found 1 or 2 grass types which still pop in.

Performance seems to be fine to me.

There are some types (like the c_StrPlantGermader_group ) where it might be unavoidable due to the polycount and amount of sepearte mesh objects.

• Like 1

Just now, Redphoenix said:

There are some types (like the c_StrPlantGermader_group ) where it might be unavoidable due to the polycount and amount of sepearte mesh objects.

Is there a way to find out which plant I am looking at, so I can check whether it's one of those?

4 minutes ago, Redphoenix said:

Just take screens - that should be good for me :D

KrpnQ0G.png

Not sure if that helps. It's not very good to see in the picture.

Anyway, it's an incredible improvement, well done!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Is there a way to find out which plant I am looking at, so I can check whether it's one of those?

Can't you use cursorobject in a loop, I used it yesterday and could see plants and trees.

Maybe some objects still don't register though.

4 minutes ago, DELTA_ 44 said:

The latest engine update changed the performance or loading time for you?

I asked about the increase  in map loading time a month back but had no replies.

All maps seem to load slowly around 20secs with the exception of Tanona  which it almost instant.

Also the game seems to take a little longer in booting with a recent patch.

2 hours ago, f2k sel said:

I asked about the increase  in map loading time a month back but had no replies.

All maps seem to load slowly around 20secs with the exception of Tanona  which it almost instant.

Also the game seems to take a little longer in booting with a recent patch.

Beacuse You have propably Tanoa loaded at main menu.

Nope, doesn't have anything to do with Tanoa. I've noticed the increase in loading times as well.

After today's patch my game won't run crashes out with memory could not be written error, it was fine just before the patch and all files are verified.

Tried another and new profile with the same result, no mods installed.

Never mind it's my fault, I had enabled MSI After Burner this morning and forgot to turn it off as it causes this crash.

Tweaked: Ground clutter models should now change LODs more smoothly (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124606) 

Regarding the tweak to ground clutter models, and from the list of models quoted in the above ticket, there is a vast improvement to these models...

c_Plant_Mullein

c_StrWeedBrownTall_group

c_StrWeedGreenTall

However, I see little to no improvement in these models...

c_PlantGermander_group

c_Thistle_Thorn_Brown

c_Thistle_Thorn_Desert

c_Thistle_Thorn_Gray

c_Thistle_Thorn_Green

c_StrThornGray

c_StrThornGreen

c_StrThornKhaki

4 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

I'm guessing the ThistleThorns and Thorn groups fall into this category too, and are maybe "incurable." 

This late into the development cycle of A3, I appreciate the attempt to address this very annoying issue, and while there is some success here, I'll still use my mod to remove the "incurables."

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vasily.B said:

Beacuse You have propably Tanoa loaded at main menu.

That wasn't the case but today's patch seems to have fixed this issue for me and all maps seem to be loading as they were a few months back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

I definitely see some improvements, vegetation doesn't seem to switch LOD right at your feet like it would (although, I spotted a couple models and, errr, forgot to take screenshots).

But as @Evil Organ pointed out, several models tend to switch pretty close still (guesstimate 25 meters or less), it is very noticeable in dense areas where a lot of different models are mixed up (especially high contrast combinations, like pale/dead weed and tall greens grass), or along roads to a lesser extend.

Knowing EO's dedication to this matter, I don't think I can provide more than his detailed list. ^^

Quick question : are those changes related to the models themselves, or is it more "hunder the hood"? Underlying question being : will it affect CUP assets?

• Like 4

Man I just want to thank you Red Phoenix for even trying this with the grass and clutter LOD’s (and by extension Evil Organ and Haleks for being so vocal and investigative on the matter). It’s easily my #1 complaint with the base game so it really means a lot you’re doing your best here, no matter how it turns out. 

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, haleks said:

Quick question : are those changes related to the models themselves, or is it more "hunder the hood"? Underlying question being : will it affect CUP assets?

1 hour ago, Evil Organ said:

This late into the development cycle of A3, I appreciate the attempt to address this very annoying issue, and while there is some success here, I'll still use my mod to remove the "incurables."

To clear some things up: I already went through the model and changed whatever was possible. What I could try is adding even more incremental LODs, but I am not sure if this helps "fixing" the underlying issue, making the scene even more noisy when models change LODs.
The only way to help "fixing" this would be changing the way how the game engine changes LODs of clutter. But since its no secret that Arma3 is nearing its End of Life, the resources for those changes are sparse.

I will try the method of adding more LODs as mentioned above, but can't promise anything. Otherwise it will stay like this, most probably.

If it affects CUP? - Only if they use the mentioned clutter models.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, f2k sel said:

That wasn't the case but today's patch seems to have fixed this issue for me and all maps seem to be loading as they were a few months back.

I didn't even realize this was an issue as hadn't played the game in a while, was wondering when playing Tacops that was this really this slow always..
But yup, loading times are basically like lightning now compared to a few days ago.

14 hours ago, f2k sel said:

After today's patch my game won't run crashes out with memory could not be written error, it was fine just before the patch and all files are verified.

Tried another and new profile with the same result, no mods installed.

Never mind it's my fault, I had enabled MSI After Burner this morning and forgot to turn it off as it causes this crash.

Hi there,
sorry to hear that, could you please attach dump files?