I did play Resistance of course. But Resistance wasn't set in 2035, with drones and infrared cameras and all that jazz. I see your point, and I'm not saying it is an impossible thing to do or that it should never be done... It just makes no sense in A3's setting. Also, Chapter 1 made as little sense as Chapter 2 scope-wise.  Also yes, getting an armored vehicle in the campaign (that you can take over into future missions) would have been awesome (even tho a balancing nightmare).

And as I mentioned before, the Tac-Ops scenario is a different beast. The "pre-AAF faction" appears to be much bigger and with way more territory under their control than what is left of them as the FIA in The East Wind. Not trying to justify anything here, just stating how I am interpreting it with the currently known lore.

This is probably more fitting in a different thread, tho.

On 30.11.2017 at 6:46 PM, lexx said:

I did play Resistance of course. But Resistance wasn't set in 2035, with drones and infrared cameras and all that jazz. I see your point, and I'm not saying it is an impossible thing to do or that it should never be done... It just makes no sense in A3's setting. Also, Chapter 1 made as little sense as Chapter 2 scope-wise.  Also yes, getting an armored vehicle in the campaign (that you can take over into future missions) would have been awesome (even tho a balancing nightmare).

And as I mentioned before, the Tac-Ops scenario is a different beast. The "pre-AAF faction" appears to be much bigger and with way more territory under their control than what is left of them as the FIA in The East Wind. Not trying to justify anything here, just stating how I am interpreting it with the currently known lore.

This is probably more fitting in a different thread, tho.

Drones and thermal imaging are by far not that gamechanger anymore, since countermeasure are already in existence and are by far not that technological advanced as one might think. In fact it is easier to produce a TI blocking camo solution compared to integrate a themal imaging device.  BTW TI blocking camo tarps came with "Laws of War". YouTube is full of working homemade TI blocking suits btw.

Another issue since the introduction of TI in the ArmA series is that it always worked much to perfectly with no difference for all kinds of devices, (stationary, mounted, cooled, uncoolled sensor etc.) with unlimited endurance, range and detail resolution.

• Like 1

Or just give the option to cap and retain whatever equipment I like and let ME suffer/enjoy the consequences - be it getting spotted by enemy recon assets and getting mortared/strafed or managing to evade and wreck havoc upon my targets with superrior firepower I just worked my ass off to aquire/retain! NOW THAT would be awesome :f:

1 hour ago, lexx said:

It just makes no sense in A3's setting.

I just don't understand why. A single APC or two can be hidden quite easily and drones need to cover a wide area. There is plenty of means to hide something, and besides, thermals will only help if something is actually warm. And even IF it would not make sense to have tanks/APC, a Fennek is just a fancy car.

1 hour ago, lexx said:

Also, Chapter 1 made as little sense as Chapter 2 scope-wise.  Also yes, getting an armored vehicle in the campaign (that you can take over into future missions) would have been awesome (even tho a balancing nightmare).

Balancing isn't an issue, all vanilla teams are brimming with Anti-Tank assets anyway and reload launchers faster than a rifle. Besides, unarmed Fenneks aren't going to break anything.

I'd rather have stolen one of the Gorgons instead of stupid Fennek. :>

3 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Enum errors made it into Stable....

_camo = _this getunitTrait "Camouflagecoef";
_Frog_Nea>
11:45:25   Error position: <getunitTrait "Camouflagecoef";
_Frog_Nea>
11:45:25   Error Foreign error: Unknown enum value: "Camouflagecoef"

the clowns are running the circus

Has anyone else got problems with destroyed profiles? I have started Arma 3 times now since the update and everytime my profile got wiped. Not only that. All user interface sizes are completly messed up.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Has anyone else got problems with destroyed profiles? I have started Arma 3 times now since the update and everytime my profile got wiped. Not only that. All user interface sizes are completly messed up.

This happened before too, sometimes. The reasons for me are not clear. After the first such event, I save the user's files for recovery, as a duplicate.

46 minutes ago, R3vo said:

I reported this during dev that my shit got wiped when moving from stable to dev branch. 

Everything went from profile face, voice, keybinding, and panels were gone( needed to default it).  Have heard a few people in game confused thinking GPS and panels broke. Was able to sort it with em.

My damn complex keybinding. Made sure to save my profile shit from now on. 

But this was one time. Not happening every start up.

Tey the usual integrity check.  Or jump from stable to dev or vice versa then back.

Not a big deal, my profile is syned via Dropbox so I can restore several older versions at any time. It still annoying though.

I used to delete all profiles after every major update since ArmA II.

Is anyone else getting this error pop up at the beginning of a 3Den mission in-editor?

15:21:06 Error in expression <};
_leader = _possibleLeaders select 0;
_leader setvariable ["BIS_HC_scope",_log>
15:21:06   Error position: <_leader setvariable ["BIS_HC_scope",_log>

I don't have any High Command modules in the missions where it pops up.  I do have two UAVs (Darter and Predator-thingy), but that's it.  Started happening about a week ago.

So not only did the latest dev- and stable-release destroy two of my missions (which I am working on fixing right now.. looks good so far), I've also learned a few days ago that one of them constantly crashs (Access violation) now shortly after it started. I really don't know what's causing this, and the rpt file tells me nothing interesting either. Currently I am trying to track down the cause, but it's tedious as I have to restart the game every single time.

The crash generated a dump file... can anyone check this out and see if it gives a hint about what is happening? Maybe it's not my mission but something in A3 instead?

https://www.file-upload.net/download-12846776/Arma3_x64_2017-12-03_09-32-05.bidmp.html

https://www.file-upload.net/download-12846767/Arma3_x64_2017-12-03_09-32-05.mdmp.html

38 minutes ago, lexx said:

So not only did the latest dev- and stable-release destroy two of my missions (which I am working on fixing right now.. looks good so far), I've also learned a few days ago that one of them constantly crashs (Access violation) now shortly after it started. I really don't know what's causing this, and the rpt file tells me nothing interesting either. Currently I am trying to track down the cause, but it's tedious as I have to restart the game every single time.

The crash generated a dump file... can anyone check this out and see if it gives a hint about what is happening? Maybe it's not my mission but something in A3 instead?

https://www.file-upload.net/download-12846776/Arma3_x64_2017-12-03_09-32-05.bidmp.html

https://www.file-upload.net/download-12846767/Arma3_x64_2017-12-03_09-32-05.mdmp.html

Since last update I'm getting frequent 0xC0000005 - ACCESS_VIOLATION error during playing new missions (and maybe elsewhere). And because it never happened before, I guess that must be problem in the game, so... Don't worry, developers will fix this for sure :) 

I've only experienced this in one of my missions, so the cause must be somewhere in there. It has something to do with the empty / scenery objects that I've placed, but wasn't able to exactly pin-point it yet. Thought I had it, but then it crashed again. In any case, if I go into the entity tree list and delete all empty, the problem seems to be gone.

/Edit: Here is a repro mission that will always crash my game with an Access Violation error.

https://pastebin.com/fLumEb7S

"Tactical ping" does not work at 1.78 and 1.79.

Tried to turn it on and off in the game settings, changed keys, nothing can reproduce "Tactical ping".

1 hour ago, lex__1 said:

"Tactical ping" does not work at 1.78 and 1.79.

Tried to turn it on and off in the game settings, changed keys, nothing can reproduce "Tactical ping".

It's got separate settings for map and 3D now in the difficulty options - can you please check their status?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oukej said:

It's got separate settings for map and 3D now in the difficulty options - can you please check their status?

Checked in two versions, 1.78 and 1.79.
Ping works only in one configuration option, and only for 3D.

For map - ping it does not play.

Variants of settings and results in the spoiler.

Spoiler

When:
tactical ping - enabled
map ping - off
Ping is played back in 3D, it does not play on map.

When:
tactical ping - enabled
map ping - enabled
Ping is not played - in 3D and on map.

When:
tactical ping - off
map ping - off

When:

tactical ping - off
map ping - enabled

• Thanks 1

The latest Spotrep has the following:

• Tweaked: Doors, gates, ladders and hatches now use new technology for detection of user actions (actionNamedSel parameter)

Could someone elaborate? I can't find "actionNamedSel" anywhere in SQF or in the Config Viewer. This new "technology" for doors might be very useful for me, and I'd like to make use of it

On 12/3/2017 at 9:40 AM, lexx said:

On 12/3/2017 at 10:45 AM, lexx said:

I've only experienced this in one of my missions, so the cause must be somewhere in there. It has something to do with the empty / scenery objects that I've placed, but wasn't able to exactly pin-point it yet. Thought I had it, but then it crashed again. In any case, if I go into the entity tree list and delete all empty, the problem seems to be gone.

/Edit: Here is a repro mission that will always crash my game with an Access Violation error.

Crash reproduced, we will take a look.
thanks! :)

• Like 1

On 12/3/2017 at 7:45 PM, lexx said:

i can produce a game crash by executing something like this:

{
	[_x,TRUE] call BIS_fnc_replaceWithSimpleObject;
} forEach (allMissionObjects '');

Is that something like what you are doing?

I am not, but I do use scenery with the simple object property set. Then again, I use this in all my missions and it doesn't cause any harm there.

24 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

Any word from the devs on this "foreign enum" stuff? is causing huge error spam, for example when there is a "getUnitTrait" evaluation inside an addaction condition. not acceptable when we discovered it many weeks ago, and not acceptable now

Hi, 
we know about that, it's in "work in progress" and fix should be out soon. :)

• Like 2

AI always seeks to return the tank to the last position, to the point where the tank was last controlled by AI.
Can I fix this? It is necessary that the AI retains the new position of the tank, and its condition (the engine is running or muffled).

• Like 1