15 hours ago, 2nd ranger said:

Gosh darn, great commands! Adds new  possibilities, for example tracking people in police missions or 'find the HVT' scenarios.

yep, very nice to have usable license plates. Helps support civilian interaction in (para)military missions too

• Like 1

On 13/11/2017 at 4:48 PM, bars91 said:

Getting purchase option despite having Supporter Edition

Pretty sure this has happened with most dlc release for the edition owners :down:

This new civilian module.. can we somehow limit which civilian will spawn? I haven't further investigated it yet.

Tweaked: MLRS elevation speed was slightly increased again for compatibility reasons 

Not sure what the reason for this change was, but there are several other issues with the MLRS:

- Turret can be elevated too high

gxQceBv.jpg

- There is no sound when elevating up or down. Some sort of hydraulic sound would be nice.

- When "Gun Elevation Up/Down" is bound to the mouse wheel. The elevation is very slow compared to when it's bound to a normal key.

- The new suspension tweaks cause the turret to wobble when driving, very noticeable in rough terrain.

- Also when driving, the turret direction changes. I believe while driving, the turret direction should be locked when AI is in gunner seat. It looks weird.

• Like 2

I'm in dev branch (ladt version) , when i go to the Functions i don't see setPlateNumber & getPlateNumber it's normal ?

16 minutes ago, UpperM said:

I'm in dev branch (ladt version) , when i go to the Functions i don't see setPlateNumber & getPlateNumber it's normal ?

Not a function, they are script commands.

• Fixed: Wrecks of armored vehicles could bounce in the air in some cases 

Fantastic. I was playing one of the Tac-Ops missions yesterday when a Varsuk decided to fire it's solid rocket boosters and head for low Malden orbit.

Legend has it, it is now a modular part of the ISS (International Splendid™ Station).

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Strike_NOR said:

Fantastic. I was playing one of the Tac-Ops missions yesterday when a Varsuk decided to fire it's solid rocket boosters and head for low Malden orbit.

Legend has it, it is now a modular part of the ISS (International Splendid™ Station).

It's part of the USS Argo station now. ;)

• Haha 1

BIS, please make - damage of wheels (tracks) shouldn't be a reason for explosion of the vehicle.

anyone have an issue with the panels not showing up or gps on dev branch? just before i revert may have been corrupted on download integrity says it ok but it not.

On 14.11.2017 at 4:48 PM, POLPOX said:

eKdaeMT.jpg

It would be great if a similar system could be used to add some identifiers on all vehicles. Especially IFV's and other armored vehicles.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, teabagginpeople said:

anyone have an issue with the panels not showing up or gps on dev branch? just before i revert may have been corrupted on download integrity says it ok but it not.

I had that. Restoring the layout to default fixed it. I guess the updates for panel resizing messed it up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Greenfist said:

I had that. Restoring the layout to default fixed it. I guess the updates for panel resizing messed it up.

cheers green just after I posted. then I remembered that happens. was in doing it, thanks again.

5 hours ago, lex__1 said:

BIS, please make - damage of wheels (tracks) shouldn't be a reason for explosion of the vehicle.

While on the topic... Technically speaking - the only thing that would make a tank explode (disintegrate) is if the entire ammo storage cooked off at once. The immense pressure would not escape quickly enough, further accelerating the reaction causing a detonation. This would shred the tank or blow the turret off as popularly seen in real life examples. 

Any lower pressure caused from less ammo going off would simply make a hollowing wooooosh as everything burns violently, like a blowtorch. Explosive warheads and coaxial ammo create secondary explosions. 

Contrary to popular belief, hitting fuel tanks do not cause high energy explosions unless they are near empty. Even so, the fuel bladder/tank does not have sufficient strength to allow pressure to build up. After all, theres going to be a large entry/exit hole which the gas can escape from. There may be a large fireball (not explosion) and ensuing inferno. This may, if heating up ammunition, lead to detonation of the ammorack and hence the tank. However not instantly.

I sincerely hope and wish for more complex damage models where hull damage, wheel damage, fuel tank damage, engine damage, gun, turret etc DO NOT lead to vehicle destruction. The only thing that physically blows up a tank is ammo detonation. This leads to more types of "kills":

Mobility kill

Crew kill

Combat ineffectiveness kill

Tank burndown

Ammo rack kill

This will make engineering more relevant, to salvage wrecked husks of steel, repair in the field etc. Only the detonated wreck would be "beyond repair". All other kill types could be 'fixed' and crew replenished.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

While on the topic... Technically speaking - the only thing that would make a tank explode (disintegrate) is if the entire ammo storage cooked off at once. The immense pressure would not escape quickly enough, further accelerating the reaction causing a detonation. This would shred the tank or blow the turret off as popularly seen in real life examples. 

Any lower pressure caused from less ammo going off would simply make a hollowing wooooosh as everything burns violently, like a blowtorch. Explosive warheads and coaxial ammo create secondary explosions. 

Contrary to popular belief, hitting fuel tanks do not cause high energy explosions unless they are near empty. Even so, the fuel bladder/tank does not have sufficient strength to allow pressure to build up. After all, theres going to be a large entry/exit hole which the gas can escape from. There may be a large fireball (not explosion) and ensuing inferno. This may, if heating up ammunition, lead to detonation of the ammorack and hence the tank. However not instantly.

I sincerely hope and wish for more complex damage models where hull damage, wheel damage, fuel tank damage, engine damage, gun, turret etc DO NOT lead to vehicle destruction. The only thing that physically blows up a tank is ammo detonation. This leads to more types of "kills":

Mobility kill

Crew kill

Combat ineffectiveness kill

Tank burndown

Ammo rack kill

This will make engineering more relevant, to salvage wrecked husks of steel, repair in the field etc. Only the detonated wreck would be "beyond repair". All other kill types could be 'fixed' and crew replenished.

Damage of wheels (tracks) has to make damage of wheels (tracks). In them there is no gasoline or ammunition. Even strongly critical damage of wheels of the car, shouldn't cause explosion of all transport.

• Like 1

To BIS or those who know tried and can answer:

Hi )

Is there any possibility to fill a whole island / city on island civilians without placing the new modules at each location?

And is it possible to link two new modules of civilian waypoints if one of them is outside the border of the module presence civilians?

Thank you.

Were the enum errors (ie Camouflagecoef) acknowledged or better yet fixed? Dont want to redownload Dev branch as if still issue, it fires continuously

11 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Were the enum errors (ie Camouflagecoef) acknowledged or better yet fixed? Dont want to redownload Dev branch as if still issue, it fires continuously

Same here dude, my rpt is a shithouse of spam at the moment, so went back to stable.

• Like 1

Thank you team!

A number of things in 1.78 update allow me to delete a few now-redundant script workarounds

- fixed expectedDestination command

- siren for police vehicles

- beacons for service offroads

- civilian module

- new Unload Unconscious units action

detected a small bug with the civilian module:

the "threat" destination takes the unit to some likely unintended areas:

(note the guy in the water)

3CF3C0C36986485AC27F92B5BF53F09B6159B46D

might have to loop a few times to find a land pos in some cases

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1.78 RC

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127144

please please please fix this issue for 1.78 stable

"getCursorObjectParams" is no longer returning simple objects

"cursorObject" returns the simple object as expected

Please allow "getCursorObjectParams" to return simple objects again.

edit:

getCursorObjectParams is now returning "cursorTarget" instead of correctly "cursorObject"

needs to be fixed

• Like 1

On 11/15/2017 at 7:01 PM, R3vo said:

Not sure what the reason for this change was, but there are several other issues with the MLRS:

Turret can be elevated too high

initially we tried to tone the traverse and elevation speed down to something more credible. We've also got requests to do so. But we've run into issues with the artillery computer and also existing scenarios. So we may have to stick with the old instantaneous gun adjustment :(
The max. extent of turret elevation is something we'll definitely have to keep as it is not to change the available ranges. Sorry about that.

On 11/16/2017 at 7:11 PM, teabagginpeople said:

Had you been using an adjusted layout previously?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oukej said:

Had you been using an adjusted layout previously?

hmmm I am using different computers in different locations so can't be 100% sure on that . probably was as think I changed the afm dials around on that one.

Butttt when going to dev branch at above date, I lost all my game profile settings from character to control mappings on the profile I was using. 

note to self save a copy of my totally remapped keybindings :down: .

note tested further on other pc. custom layout indeed resets going to dev branch. leading to just explanation markers where  panels/gps is. 

testing on todays dev as of 13:00.