While testing all available rockets, I noticed that the RBK-500 cluster bomb does not work with any of the fixed wings or VTOLs, only with the Mi-48. You can load it in the editor and it will be displayed, but it does not show up in the weapons selection.

8 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Whilwe testing all available rockets, I noticed that the RBK-500 cluster bomb does not work with any of the fixed wings or VTOLs, only with the Mi-48. You can load it in the editor and it wil be displayed but it does not show up in the weapons selection.

Should be fixed tomorrow

• Like 7

Hmm, lots of thermal updates in the changelog recently - wonder if it is related to tanks or tactical operations updates.

IIRC it was said somewhere that tac ops DLC won't bring platform update, i may be wrong though.

11 minutes ago, ProfTournesol said:

IIRC it was said somewhere that tac ops DLC won't bring platform update, i may be wrong though.

Your not wrong. ^^

No new assets or platform features which is reflected in tac-ops DLC pricing.  

15 minutes ago, das attorney said:

Hmm, lots of thermal updates in the changelog recently - wonder if it is related to tanks or tactical operations updates.

Calm before the storm?

Maybe there were a bunch of tickets on thermal textures and BIS have this huge bucket of post-it notes with all kinds of "boring work" tickets from the feedback tracker. Perhaps the art department recently drew a note saying "fix all outstanding thermal textures"?

That's a very specific guess though...

If I recall correctly, updates tend to slooooow down before major dev branch updates. Maybe it's time to...

Brace yourselves, tac-ops is coming....soon™  (All'board the hype train, choo choo).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Strike_NOR said:

Maybe there were a bunch of tickets on thermal textures and BIS have this huge bucket of post-it notes with all kinds of "boring work" tickets from the feedback tracker.

Let's hope "fix the damn clutter LODs" is in there. ninja.png

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

All'board the hype train, choo choo

Yea man, Over here in the UK every train is cancelled or delayed.  So, all aboard the hype train chug chug nothing.  :/

I get the feeling though that the updates to Arma 3 now are more based on data, so they can be ported over to the new engine, and there is little chance of meaningful engine updates happening.

To quote Epicurus:

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for"

Thinking about better infantry movement, weapon resting, FFV, sling loading, sensors, underwater terrain.... Accepting that ArmA 3 is coming to the end of its life, I must admit, brings a little sorrow.

Watching the changelogs recently is kind of like visiting your old grandma. You try to make meaningful conversation, but all she wants to do is tinker with her thermal imaging textures, rambling on about no exe changes. At least she lived a full life.... full of DLC :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, haleks said:

Let's hope "fix the damn clutter LODs" is in there. ninja.png

Maybe :icon_cool:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

To quote Epicurus:

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for"

Thinking about better infantry movement, weapon resting, FFV, sling loading, sensors, underwater terrain.... Accepting that ArmA 3 is coming to the end of its life, I must admit, brings a little sorrow.

Watching the changelogs recently is kind of like visiting your old grandma. You try to make meaningful conversation, but all she wants to do is tinker with her thermal imaging textures, rambling on about no exe changes. At least she lived a full life.... full of DLC :D

To quote Icarus's father. don't fly too close to the sun boy. the thermal changes are for a reason. kinda like when a guy sprays his junk with aftershave before a date.

6 minutes ago, teabagginpeople said:

. kinda like when a guy sprays his junk with aftershave before a date.

The bitter voice of experience there.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Tankbuster said:

The bitter voice of experience there.

hey now. I never have need of this. don't you go projecting on me Tankbuster just because your crotch no doubt resembles  Auschwitz  . The decay and smell of death still lingering decades later. 

ok wayy off topic all in good jest. 

can't imagine tac ops dropping this week I'm pretty sure they said something about testing on dev first.

• Haha 1

It's what people who teabag people would do, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Those TI fixes are just general fixes, there were bigger problems which needed to be fixed before TI. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, teabagginpeople said:

To quote Icarus's father. don't fly too close to the sun boy. the thermal changes are for a reason. kinda like when a guy sprays his junk with aftershave before a date.

Wrong. As Kllrt pointed out, those were just general fixes I did.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kllrt said:

Those TI fixes are just general fixes, there were bigger problems which needed to be fixed before TI. 

booooo . haha thanks for info.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Strike_NOR said:

To quote Epicurus:

I'm not fussed about having anymore extra features but fixing up engine stuff that's not finished or broken would be most welcome.

• Like 3

Until you have an i9 with triple water loop with its arse overclocked you ain't playing Arma3... Arma3 is playing you...

Arma 3 has 10 years at least stop moaning, its not ending by any means, and most certainty not dying? Are you mad?

Have you seen the new cod ww2? Ha what a joke. Copy and paste bullshit. This is the level of workmanship? Nothing comes close to Arma, unless you are there.

Arma is always way ahead of its time. 

Peace.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Admit it. We have been stood up. These "logistical issues" are getting out of hand. My F5 key has been worn to its limits. 

;)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Has it already been ten years? That's really something for a game. :) It's amazing how good it looks, even when compared to modern games. Sure, it has its quirks, but it's still up to par with settings cranked up. Gameplay is still superior to anything else on the market, and Orange DLC has been said to have really great writing, as well (didn't have a chance to play that one yet, but from what I've heard, I hope the writer for that will stick around for ArmA4). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dragon01 said:

didn't have a chance to play that one yet

Ah man,  you should definitely play this one - it's the best thing happened to Arma ever. The writing and the whole way its crafted  - super awesome.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Has it already been ten years? That's really something for a game. :) It's amazing how good it looks, even when compared to modern games. Sure, it has its quirks, but it's still up to par with settings cranked up. Gameplay is still superior to anything else on the market, and Orange DLC has been said to have really great writing, as well (didn't have a chance to play that one yet, but from what I've heard, I hope the writer for that will stick around for ArmA4). 

Nope, 4 years, 7 months, 27 days since Alpha. Minus 5 months 29 days from that since v1.00.

If you want some random analytics:
If you look at the time between the release date and the expansion release for previous titles, the average percent of games time-to-sequel that the expansion was released on for each is around 27% of time-to-sequel.

Considering when APEX was released, Arma 4 is looks like to have a average release date of around April 7, 2025, and the best case (33% of time-to-sequel) is February 20, 2023.

So it looks like Arma 3 might end up to be 10 years old until the next sequel. Average time between titles is around 4 years (and we're already past that point :P) and longest case so far is 5 years, 7 months (OFP to A1. If you read between the lines of various official communication, it's a record that is probably going to be broken).

But then again, lumps of salt, it's only 3 data points. :tounge_o: