Every day I'm hoping to read "Fixed: Fucked up tracked vehicle waypoint behavior" but nobody even acknowledged it yet. :/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Well "technically" it is part of the weekend....

Let he who is without gin cast the first stone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Will you also add Lock door(s) option for this module ? So we could open/close/lock individual doors for non-terrain buildings

kXiN.png

• Like 1

Found a bug: wheeled vehicles sink into APEX star fort walls when attempting to drive onto them.

Is there any chance we could get the fallen branches and logs from Tanoa in the editor? They'd be nice natural features to place as cover objects, or just to spruce up certain areas, for example on the coast. Personally I'd find them useful for creating areas hit by the tsunami.

Dispersion on rocket pods is amazing. Any chance we could get ripple fire on the larger pods? Especially Tratnyr, but Shreiker as well. Currently, you have to tap the trigger to fire the rockets, which is rather bad. Skyfire works fine (and it's pretty darn fun to use now).

On 10/27/2017 at 7:51 PM, lexx said:

Every day I'm hoping to read "Fixed: Fucked up tracked vehicle waypoint behavior" but nobody even acknowledged it yet. :/

Repro?

I've posted two screenshots already a couple pages back. I can also setup a mission file later today if necessary (I am not at home right now).

It's also visible in my CSAT campaign on dev-branch. Mission 4 and 5 are completely broken, because tracked vehicles don't follow their waypoints.

2 hours ago, lexx said:

I've posted two screenshots already a couple pages back. I can also setup a mission file later today if necessary (I am not at home right now).

It's also visible in my CSAT campaign on dev-branch. Mission 4 and 5 are completely broken, because tracked vehicles don't follow their waypoints.

Hello,
could you please attach mission where it happens? :)

Thanks

worldSize command has an incorrect scripting help description.

hGAKFt3.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dr. hladik said:

Repro?

3 hours ago, Karloff said:

Hello,
could you please attach mission where it happens? :)

Thanks

Two missions, both on Altis.

Mission 1: https://pastebin.com/skqy1L4A

Mission 2: https://pastebin.com/eys4gtRw

Both on latest dev-branch, no mods running. In the first mission, the Kamsyh will wobble a little bit on the spot, then stop. In the second mission, the Slammer needs quite a lot time just to start up the engine, remains idle on the spot, then shuts down the engine again after a while.

I can provide a third case if necessary.

• Like 2

I am in stable so I ask you guys who play in dev:

The 1st mission of tac ops DLC hasn't hit dev yet?

I ask as Bis said it would arrive in early november

1 hour ago, wiki said:

I am in stable so I ask you guys who play in dev:

The 1st mission of tac ops DLC hasn't hit dev yet?

I ask as Bis said it would arrive in early november

Can you see it in the changelog? Is there a feedback thread up yet? Can you hear anyone screaming like a little girl in excitement? No, it's not out.

Today's the 3rd, so still the beginning of November.

• Like 3

I think its slightly, late but we still have no Eden preview icons for the Weapons category (all weapons). 

• Like 1

Fixed: Vehicles no longer get stuck driving over bridges on official terrains

Wow!!!111!!!11!

Thanks BI :D :D :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 3

7 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

Wow!!!111!!!11!

I created a ticket. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T127072

Perhaps this affects the construction of the displacement path for AI. Maybe the height of the surface of the map objects is not taken into account and the track for the AI is not calculated correctly in such places.

Tweaked: Further adjustments to vehicle weapons dispersion and AI usage (bursts and fire rates across various ranges) 

I think its overdone now. I checked it on Commanche and tried to fire up ungiuded rockets to single 200M - rockets dispersion is WAY too big now.

9 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

Wow!!!111!!!11!

Yeah, don't get too carried away. I'm willing to bet this is simply a fix of the roadsConnectedTo data for the maps, rather than an empirical fix for AI driving.

4 hours ago, Vasily.B said:

I think its overdone now. I checked it on Commanche and tried to fire up ungiuded rockets to single 200M - rockets dispersion is WAY too big now.

Actually, I think it's good. Rockets are not precision weapons, previously they had gun-like accuracy, where in reality they're more like a rocket shotgun. They are very good for firing in ripples to attack area targets, but individual rockets have poor accuracy. IRL, a 7-rocket pod contains a single "shot". If you need precision you have to use guided munitions.

• Like 3

I was trying to edit my post but i had 502 gateway errors. 
I tried also MI-28, MI-24 from RHS, goodluck with trying to hit anything at 200-300 meters. Dispersion is terrible, before that tweaking it was perfect. No need to increase it more.

Here's something that's bothered me for a while.

Arma has aggressive culling to prevent the GPU from having to render textures for objects not in view (like off screen or behind a wall/hill etc)

This does not appear to cull the proxies for soldiers (and maybe other objects) , so it's still performing calculations for things like backpacks, weapons, helmets etc.

Devs, if poss, can you have a look at this as it might help out with framerate, especially in busy areas with lots of soldier units?

• Like 6