19 minutes ago, Sniperwolf572 said:

Support is just another waypoint type, you can read more about it here.

I don't remember using this in Arma 3, but in OFP, there were missions that used this feature, where you as tank crew would request support from trucks waiting in the back.

If my memory serves me well, the command number combo to enter that menu was was something like 5->1->[support type].

In this video, at around 6:58, you can see Yankee Black 1 call for support and Golf Black 1, which is waiting at the support waypoint, replies to their call and arrives sometime later.

So the intended behavior probably is, that if you have a medical drone with a support waypoint, it would go there and wait for the call, then move to whoever requested medical support until they signaled that the support is done.

About the support menu from the command menu, I know it. Conversation on the menu of management of UAV, and related to UAV problem.,

19 minutes ago, Sniperwolf572 said:

Support is just another waypoint type, you can read more about it here.

I don't remember using this in Arma 3, but in OFP, there were missions that used this feature, where you as tank crew would request support from trucks waiting in the back.

If my memory serves me well, the command number combo to enter that menu was was something like 5->1->[support type].

In this video, at around 6:58, you can see Yankee Black 1 call for support and Golf Black 1, which is waiting at the support waypoint, replies to their call and arrives sometime later.

So the intended behavior probably is, that if you have a medical drone with a support waypoint, it would go there and wait for the call, then move to whoever requested medical support until they signaled that the support is done.

About the support menu from the command menu, I know it. Conversation on the menu of management of UAV, and related to UAV problem.,

20 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

You asked what the "Support Type" is for, and the answer is that it's for the same feature as I described above. UAV Support waypoint (Place Waypoint -> Right Click -> Type -> Support) puts the UAV in "Support Mode" where the UAV will respond to any team leader calling it for support from the "Backspace-5-1-1" support menu.

But I just tried it, and the game actually crashes every time if you call for support from UAV. :whistle:

• Like 1

Re: track animation

tested Kuma today with latest update - eventually the Track animation to glitched out and stopped moving entirely. I had the impression that it was yet another "jump turning glitch" but it was less extreme than usual. After that i noticed that tracks stopped turning. After respawn it worked all normal again.

Yesterday the test with my custom tank, the tracks behaved very weird after a "jump turning glitch" (one pirouette) as well.

On my custom tank the tracks are still turning pretty erratically (slow quick slow quick) - for some reason the average wheel speed (epe dialog) is fluctuating a lot while turning/accelerating and also for a while after. When traveling straight for prolonged period it stabilizes.

Added: Vehicle commander can now control his vehicle directly by the WASD keys without AI responsibility delay (there should be no difference by driving from driver or commander position, AI crew still needs to be present)  

YES!!!! FINALLY!!!!
giphy.gif 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

YISSS! One step closer to Armored Fist levels of SP/Co-Op tanking!

Added: Using the 'hasDriver = -1' parameter will now create a vehicle without a driver and commander can drive the vehicle directly by the WASD keys 

I tried out the the repair offroad in Virtual arsenal yesterday, and I could drive as the front passenger? Is that intended, or only a setting enabled for VA?

The other question is, is this on by default globally, and if yes then: 1) how does this work in MP? 2) how can this be turned off for a mission?

Something happened to the observer's camera in the editor at 1.77 ... The game breaks when trying to go to the object of observation.
In version 1.76, this problem is not reproduced.

!!! Before attempting to reproduce this problem, close and save other applications, it may be necessary to restart the PC !!!

Error Report

Kamysh is throwing errors:

VHlK0w.jpg

Also did something change with the way vehicles follow waypoints? Because mission 5 of my campaign is now broken. Also noticed something in another mission yesterday, also waypoint related. From 2 waypoints, it seems the vehicle goes to the first and then stops. If I do this, the final waypoint is never reached:

OSiIgE.jpg

Got a weird error today when I accidentally destroyed a building. Could be that it was caused by the "Edit Terrain Object" Module.

sFiK0P0.jpg

I would like to see a fix to the vehicle turret orientation behaviour (AI) for vehicles in convoy. 

To re-iterate, when you have 4 armed vehicles travelling in convoy (column on-road), the lead vehicle's turret is supposed to watch front, the 2nd vehicle's turret is supposed to watch right, the 3rd is supposed to watch left and the rear vehicle is supposed to watch rear. However, currently this doesn't always work as intended since the turret orientation is currently dependant on which soldier is manning the turret and what his position is within the group rather than the position of the vehicle within the convoy.

So if you have a group where the 2nd soldier in the group is manning the lead vehicle's turret, the lead vehicle's turret will watch right instead of front.

Note: If you have a convoy of more than 4 vehicles, for example 8 vehicles, vehicles 2 to 7 should be watching the right and left flanks (alternating) while only vehicles 1 and 8 should watch front and rear respectively.

• Thanks 2

Yeah - there have been many improvements to AI vehicle handling so far - the convoy is quite rigid and (hopefully) predictable enough to warrant a pre-scripted yet pretty universal solution.

i.e. turret orientation based on vehicles position within the formation, road/offroad and wheeled/tracked checks, maybe even a special waypoint type?

In EDEN, the Environment Attribute windows has a different height then all the other mission attribute windows. Is that intended?

Another low-hanging fruit for a bored developer :)

In response to some mission troubleshooting on the arma discord, the below will alleviate issues like this:

**********-Yesterday at 3:15 AM

okay, to make sure i'm not going mad...

Target is out of range with "6rnd_155mm_mo_smoke" but in range of "32Rnd_155mm_Mo_shells" with the vanilla M4, if I use inRangeOfArtillery or doArtilleryFire(edited)

But if i crew the gunner myself, the smoke rounds can reach the target too

Any suggestions? Otherwise i'll file a bug report...

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126935

Artillery commands are case sensitive, they dont need to be (causes headache for mission makers)

// this works fine
mortar1 commandArtilleryFire [(mortar1 getRelPos [500,0]), "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells", 3];

// this doesnt work
mortar1 commandArtilleryFire [(mortar1 getRelPos [500,0]), "8Rnd_82mm_mo_shells", 3];

^ notice the lower-case M in 8Rnd_82mm_mo_shells in the non-functional example

thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Quick suggestion:

With the upcoming tanks DLC, a small, but important visual improvement could be considered: Improved hit decals/textures.

Currently we have textured impact holes for ground hits, but the building/object hits look like a "soft edge brush" tool from a graphics design software. I would like to suggest looking into if it is possible to make the impact holes texture depend on whether or not the projectile passes through the object. If yes, create a "hole" effect. If no, create a dent/chipped effect.

This image perfectly illustrates various impact effects on real armor in relation to ammo type:

warheaddamage.jpg~original

And here are some non-penetrating hit examples:

a_2_2.jpg

I found several entries in the feedback trackers that address this, asking for a potential upgrade, but many of them are expried/dead.

You can use this ticket if you want to track it: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T65086

Subtask for armored vehicles: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126939

I think it will add more immersion and a tactical/gameplay indicator to players to help them see if their shots are effective against armor or not.

• Like 8

War Thunder do their hit decals extremely well and it may not seem like much at first glance, but after a battle you look at your tank and notice its got ricochets and holes in it from enemy rounds, it gives a bit of story to the vehicle and make you feel like you've been in some rough shit. 

I support this endeavour 100% 

• Like 1

I am no expert in the matter, but as far as I am aware, this is not how damage decals are working in Arma? There are temporary decals that disappear quickly, but the permanent decals are just another big texture layer. This means, that a decal system like the mentioned would be a serious amount of work, I guess.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lexx said:

I am no expert in the matter, but as far as I am aware, this is not how damage decals are working in Arma? There are temporary decals that disappear quickly, but the permanent decals are just another big texture layer. This means, that a decal system like the mentioned would be a serious amount of work, I guess.

Correct. I believe the damage texture is one big whole texture that covers the vehicle, thus when you take enough damage the 'damage stickers' if you wanna call them that are placed in already pre-determined locations and not where the round actually impacted. (As per War Thunder and World of Tanks), of which their damage stickers are related to the actual round, thus when you shoot and enemy tank with say a 105mm, the game notices the calibre, then pull out a damage sticker relating to that calibre and places it on the hit location. Rather than Arma 3 style of just slapping a whole new damaged texture over the vehicle. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lexx said:

This means, that a decal system like the mentioned would be a serious amount of work, I guess.

Guessing is the best us mere mortals can do, I'd like to hear a dev say something about it. If a certain department of their development team, say art, have available manpower to address it, why not? 

Besides, ArmA 3 "temporary decals" as you describe, behave interestingly in arma. Instead of just disappearing when the limit is met, they gradually shrink until they disappear. Also, it appears to be a per-object limit. If you shoot a house until the first decals begin to disappear, you have reached the house limit. If you start shooting a vehicle nearby, nothing happens to the house decals, but the vehicle decals seem to have their own limit. 

9 minutes ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

I believe the damage texture is one big whole texture that covers the vehicle

Yeah, this is what I call the damaged state texture. It affects the entire module that has been hit and places a static/fixed damage texture on the vehicle. I wouldn't ask the devs to re-do this system, because it's deeply integrated into everything in the game. What I am suggesting is to alter the way "temporary decals" (or hit-location-based decals) work.

On further thought though, if they remade the temporary hit-decals to a system that portrays better damage visuals, then the damage state textures could be removed for any vehicle condition below damage 1 (destroyed). The wreck textures would then be the only damage state that uses the "static/fixed" textures.

I'd like to know more about how the decals work, but either way, an improvement over the current system would be a warm welcome to me :)

Added: Vehicle commander can now control his vehicle directly by the WASD keys without AI responsibility delay (there should be no difference by driving from driver or commander position, AI crew still needs to be present)  

On 11/10/2017 at 6:53 PM, ImperialAlex said:

YES!!!! FINALLY!!!!
giphy.gif 

Does the indirect steering (with AI as driver) also work for helicopters and planes?

Would be great if you could steer (WASD) a helicopter from the gunner position while zoomed in using the optics!

• Like 2

If the rudder of helos can be set to keeping the heading alignement to we set it to,regardless of the speed,so it don`t shift back,would be useful when trying to aim.The speed affecting the tail must go-to make it possible to acctualy hit a target. No precise aim as of now.

I will need some way to add anything that I add in Editor but didn`t Syncronized or Group to become some way possible to be steered by player or at least become recruitable to player,if needed.