1 hour ago, Mr. Charles said:

Bipod on RPG :face_palm:

It might look silly but the bipod really helps if you aim with the PGO7 sight , mainly in prone position or any supported position

even modern launchers can use a bipod like the Carl Gustav Launcher

• Like 2

5 hours ago, roberthammer said:

There been couple of things cut from the Apex - like the newest CG M4 launcher and M4A1 rifle

that PGO7 sight was supposed to be with the RPG7 so i don't why that was cut as well

I made these tickets after the release of Apex.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121840

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121841

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121842

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roberthammer said:

There been couple of things cut from the Apex - like the newest CG M4 launcher and M4A1 rifle

that PGO7 sight was supposed to be with the RPG7 so i don't why that was cut as well

Fuck that's a nice lookin M4 and Carl G. The question is though, is that RPG7 the one we currently have in Apex, just missing the bipod and scope? Or is it a completely different model? 

14 minutes ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Fuck that's a nice lookin M4 and Carl G. The question is though, is that RPG7 the one we currently have in Apex, just missing the bipod and scope? Or is it a completely different model? 

Same model , it just misses the bipod and sight attachments

Maybe they save it for tac ops DLC or whatever? A possibility... Or they where not satisfied with the look, or the model technicalities didn't meet their specs, or LODs where not created by the outsourced company and they don't have any artist free to complete it.

Though the bipod is questionable, atm deployment does not work for launcher weapons - so they would have to implement that, which is unlikely to happen i think.

I know one time a company payed for a model from an external artist that happened to be me and it was in the game for an expansion... they just totally forgot about it for some reason.

did you guys realize the RPG-7 model is from the DayZ SA?

i guess it might not be a noticeable problem to transfer it to A3, but i don't think there were plans for it.

16 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

did you guys realize the RPG-7 model is from the DayZ SA?

i guess it might not be a noticeable problem to transfer it to A3, but i don't think there were plans for it.

I am quite sure the AK is from DayZ SA as well, as is the MP-5k.

yes it's probably the same model.

BUT the discussion about the RPG/bipod on an A3 launcher is based on a rendered image from a different game. that's all i wanted to express.

i'd really like prone position with launchers and RPG-7 with PGO7 sight and bipod, but i don't think we should assume this is coming because of the DayZ RPG image.

8 hours ago, HaseDesTodes said:

yes it's probably the same model.

BUT the discussion about the RPG/bipod on an A3 launcher is based on a rendered image from a different game. that's all i wanted to express.

i'd really like prone position with launchers and RPG-7 with PGO7 sight and bipod, but i don't think we should assume this is coming because of the DayZ RPG image.

It is the same model , it has the same texture :hehe:

and it would be nice if they added Prone position to Launchers , a proper prone fire position that is

• Like 6

3 hours ago, roberthammer said:

It is the same model , it has the same texture :hehe:

and it would be nice if they added Prone position to Launchers , a proper prone fire position that is

Such tickets probably can be found more than I found

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T66890

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T70958

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T80372

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T80523

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T83601

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T122700

This ticket I was doing stabilizing the AA \ AT launcher (in the body position sits \ stands)

There is no instrument of decrease  in inertia and reducing the effect of fatigue, at missiles launch of NLAW and Titan.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T83141

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roberthammer said:

Absolutely, I never understood why the launchers cannot be used from prone position, more so since the fixed Metis launcher in Arma 2 is fired from prone...

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

Absolutely, I never understood why the launchers cannot be used from prone position, more so since the fixed Metis launcher in Arma 2 is fired from prone...

+100% With all the possibilities and the existence of animation

• Like 8

On 8/28/2017 at 5:14 PM, Vasily.B said:
On 8/27/2017 at 2:25 AM, wiki said:

-In the showcase "combined arms", the Blackfoot doesn't fire anymore.

It just comes, fly by the camp and hovers behind it. It no longer circle above nor fire at the enemy.

Thats beacuse bug i reported long time ago. Bug is very easy to fix, its beacuse allowfleeing is now 1 for all units. Choppers rather to fly little away from threat and hover nomatter what instead attack target that is shooting to it. 
Allowfleeing 0 is taking problem down, but as You have stated, in missions not done by us, its impossible to change this value. So....

Please BIS, change allowfleeing 1 to allowfleeing 0 at least for attack helicopters, or modify their pathfinding, so they will hover somewhere further (2 km away), so nobody would shoot them off.

Blackfoot in the mission has fleeing already disabled. On my playthroughs it attacked normally. Could've been caused by the recent AI skill changes. Does is still happen for you? What difficulty/AI level are you using?

On 9/13/2017 at 6:08 PM, das attorney said:

Can you guys look at fixing targetKnowledge please?  It doesn't update the positional error at all.  At the moment, I'm having to trawl through nearTargets to find the value.

Here is a test mission  (just follow the blue arrows, then the red ones and watch the hintbox):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1kzYgzONxC0TkphNFByc0VDbzA

Thanks for the heads-up! Same behavior is on Stable. Any idea since when you are experiencing it?

On 9/15/2017 at 10:06 AM, R3vo said:

Are the physics changes already noticeable on dev or do they need to be configured first for all tanks?

The improvements and fixes in the PhysX library itself and related engine work affect all the content, including mods, right away.
But we've also added some new properties

On 9/14/2017 at 4:11 PM, DnA said:

EXE rev. 142969 (game) 

• Added: New vehicle config parameters tankTurnForceAngSpd, accelAidForceCoef, and accelAidForceSpd

and at the same time we've revisited most of the tank handling configuration. The configuration is yet to be dev-branched.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, oukej said:

Thanks for the heads-up! Same behavior is on Stable. Any idea since when you are experiencing it?

It's been like that for quite a long time - I filed this report on Manifest but it must have fell by the wayside or perhaps the repro at the time wasn't clear.  It's a really handy little command - would be nice to see a fix  :)

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117302

2 hours ago, oukej said:

The improvements and fixes in the PhysX library itself and related engine work affect all the content, including mods, right away.

and at the same time we've revisited most of the tank handling configuration. The configuration is yet to be dev-branched.

Looking forward to those changes. Thanks for the info.

3 hours ago, oukej said:

Oh, man, its finally happens! Please, after releaseing update, try to create documentation what need to be changed for current vehicle configuration. I'm really happy man now, keep up the good work!

On 9/15/2017 at 4:54 PM, das attorney said:

Hi, I keep getting this pop-up error when opening a mission:

22:36:53 Warning Message: Cannot open object a3\weapons_f_exp\acc\acco_pgo7_blk_f.p3d

Hi, would you mind providing repro steps or a repro mission where this happens? (PM me the mission if you wish)

Tweaked: The most obvious "hand to face" idle animations are no longer used for player characters

Oh thank god

• Like 6

Tweaked: The most obvious "hand to face" idle animations are no longer used for player characters

I think it shouldn't be completely  deleted. Reduced chance of appearing could be better.

• Like 3

It will be removed from players only, the AIs still have it. It's not something you'll miss much, really (quite the opposite, in fact).

• Like 3

On 9/19/2017 at 10:28 AM, razazel said:

Hi, would you mind providing repro steps or a repro mission where this happens? (PM me the mission if you wish)

Hi,

Just to be clear, I know that the weapon shouldn't be in game, but at the time this script was wrote (over a year ago), the only scopes available were for primary weapons.  So there seemed no need to check for if any scope fits a launcher or not.  As you can see from code below, it checks for the scope property, and makes sure the class has a model and picture.  So in theory, it should filter out any base classes or classes not supposed to be in game.

I presume someone has either added "optic_PGO7_blk_F" recently, or it was "scope = 1" and someone has recently changed the "scope" property to 2 for whatever reason (perhaps it is to be added in tanks dlc etc).  Idk, anyway, this error is new as I've been running it for about a year with no pop-up error up until now.

Here is a script that collects scope classes.  The error is when a subsequent script tries to add it as an attachment.

// fnc to collect all scopes in game - fnc does not sort primary from secondary
//  as there was no need because all scopes previously were for primary weapons
_scopes = [];
_cfgWeapons = configFile >> "CfgWeapons";
for "_i" from 0 to count _cfgWeapons - 1 do {
    _cfgEntry = _cfgWeapons select _i;
    if (isClass _cfgEntry
        and {getNumber (_cfgEntry >> "scope") == 2}
        and {getText (_cfgEntry >> "model") != ""}
        and {getText (_cfgEntry >> "picture") != ""}
    ) then {
        _class = configName _cfgEntry;
        if (isClass (_cfgWeapons >> _class >> "ItemInfo")) exitWith {
            if (getNumber (_cfgWeapons >> _class >> "ItemInfo" >> "type") == 201) then {
                _scopes pushBack _class
            }
        }
    }
};

// so then, error would arise when it assumes all scopes are for primary weapons and it tries
// to add "optic_PGO7_blk_F" as a scope to a primary weapon
// for example:

player addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_PGO7_blk_F"

// BUT, you can easily get this same error by trying to add item to correct launcher

player addSecondaryWeaponItem "optic_PGO7_blk_F"

Seems to me it should be scope = 1 if it isn't supposed to be in game (and doesn't have a model that will load in-game).

Hope that clears it up for you.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dragon01 said:

It will be removed from players only, the AIs still have it. It's not something you'll miss much, really (quite the opposite, in fact).

I will miss it, it really ties me with the good old Alpha days and gives me some kind of nostalgia feeling. Agree, it was sometimes annoying, but wasn't that annoying like boot-checking animation, that was very frequent to me, more than sun-shielding.