Hi,

I saw this on the August 2 changelog:

Tweaked: The performance and behavior of flags was improved in MP

I don't have DB installed right now so I can't check but I was just looking at the flag config (for Flag_CSAT_F)  and under init EH, it has:

init = "(_this select 0) setFlagTexture '\A3\Data_F\Flags\Flag_CSAT_CO.paa'";

But according to the wiki, setFlagTexture only needs to be used where local, plus it's synced for jip, so you could use:

init = "if (local (_this select 0)) then {(_this select 0) setFlagTexture '\A3\Data_F\Flags\Flag_CSAT_CO.paa'}";

Don't know if this is the same on dev branch

Tweaked: Slightly adjusted rocket impact point indicators for Kajman & X'ian

Could you have a look at bomb reticles again too?  Dropping unguided bombs will always result in beeing off target. Choose a flat target (i.e. a decal on a runway) and do some runs on it with the A-10  without extreme dive angles. You will notice that the bomb always overshoots by 20-30m, depending on speed altitude and angle.  Idk if that deviation is because of some direct trajectory calculation issue,  or if there is some delay after pusing the trigger,  before the bomb starts flying. If this potential delay is not accounted for in the calculation then it will always overshoot.

Well, I don't know how they are doing it, but those "slight tweaks" didn't improve anything. Neither Kajman or Xi'an shoot Tratnyr or Skyfire rockets anywhere near the reticle. Kajman hits about one centimeter high when seen from the HUD, which in a typical run over flat ground translates to a few tens of meters, and in the mountains can result it missing the target entirely. Xi'an is much worse, being several degrees off, which leads to the rockets either flying off into wild blue yonder or hitting more than a hundred meters off the target. Tested without any mods, in case there was any doubt. My theory is that it's caused by the weapons being angled relative to aircraft's centerline, which is not properly accounted for in the CCIP algorithm, causing the rockets to miss high. Anyway, I don't want to hear about them being adjusted "slightly". We're talking compensating for several degrees of offset.

BTW, Xi'an's weapons are also controlled (by default) from the left FFV seat, as opposed to gunner. Please check this as well.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Well, I don't know how they are doing it, but those "slight tweaks" didn't improve anything. Neither Kajman or Xi'an shoot Tratnyr or Skyfire rockets anywhere near the reticle. Kajman hits about one centimeter high when seen from the HUD, which in a typical run over flat ground translates to a few tens of meters, and in the mountains can result it missing the target entirely. Xi'an is much worse, being several degrees off, which leads to the rockets either flying off into wild blue yonder or hitting more than a hundred meters off the target. Tested without any mods, in case there was any doubt. My theory is that it's caused by the weapons being angled relative to aircraft's centerline, which is not properly accounted for in the CCIP algorithm, causing the rockets to miss high. Anyway, I don't want to hear about them being adjusted "slightly". We're talking compensating for several degrees of offset

CCIP is not working at all for pilot - above tweaks were made when using rockets with manual fire mode

• Like 1

2 hours ago, das attorney said:

Don't know if this is the same on dev branch

'tis. Although I am not sure when those EHs are executed. For all clients?

It executes for everyone when someone joins iirc.  I don't think it would cause any harm, but seems pointless.

4 hours ago, reyhard said:

CCIP is not working at all for pilot - above tweaks were made when using rockets with manual fire mode

Will that be fixed, then? I can check manual fire, but pilot-controlled weapons are used in Showcase:VTOLs (or were, last time I checked). 

During the campaign "laws of war", I can't skip the cinematics or the credits by pressing spacebar.

The text says to press and maintain it, but it doesn't work

You have to hold it for a little bit. They already decreased the time a bit, though I wonder why a single spacebar hit doesn't do it (holding down the spacebar isn't how it's done in any other part of the vanilla game.. e.g. the intro quotes).

7 hours ago, lexx said:

You have to hold it for a little bit. They already decreased the time a bit, though I wonder why a single spacebar hit doesn't do it (holding down the spacebar isn't how it's done in any other part of the vanilla game.. e.g. the intro quotes).

Retried this morning, still doesn't work.

20 hours ago, x3kj said:

Could you have a look at bomb reticles again too?  Dropping unguided bombs will always result in beeing off target. Choose a flat target (i.e. a decal on a runway) and do some runs on it with the A-10  without extreme dive angles. You will notice that the bomb always overshoots by 20-30m, depending on speed altitude and angle.  Idk if that deviation is because of some direct trajectory calculation issue,  or if there is some delay after pusing the trigger,  before the bomb starts flying. If this potential delay is not accounted for in the calculation then it will always overshoot.

Hello,
I am not able to reproduce it here, all unguided bombs dropped from plane (even via CAS support), hits targeted area as they should.
Could you provide please more information or optionally video?

Thanks and regards! :)

Edited by Karloff
  • Like 1

Sorry for my English

Developers, please check information below

[Suggestion] Turrets don't show empty status

Please add some new empty models.
Players must know, what cat alive or not turrets haven't ammo visually

Spoiler

20170823164155_1.jpg

20170823164145_1.jpg

20170823141422_1.jpg

20170823164910_1.jpg

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126546

In my opinion some CSAT bags must have right textures (Hex), now it's "Coyote"

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126547

8 hours ago, Karloff said:

Hello,
I am not able to reproduce it here, all unguided bombs dropped from plane (even via CAS support), hits targeted area as they should.
Could you provide please more information or optionally video?

Thanks and regards! :)

Try with A-10, GBU-12 (hits normally)  and then try with Mk82 (flies over).

countermeasue bound to mouse button, so point of drop more noticeable. First bomb is gbu-12 - hits correct, others are mk82 - they all overshoot. It makes a much bigger difference when flying in faster jets or trying to hit stuff on reverse incline / mountain top.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, x3kj said:

countermeasue bound to mouse button, so point of drop more noticeable. First bomb is gbu-12 - hits correct, others are mk82 - they all overshoot. It makes a much bigger difference when flying in faster jets or trying to hit stuff on reverse incline / mountain top.

Yes, I can confirm this. When dropping unguided bombs from the Neophron or one of the new and faster DLC jets it is even worse.

5 hours ago, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

Yes, I can confirm this. When dropping unguided bombs from the Neophron or one of the new and faster DLC jets it is even worse.

+1, Just tested.

Just for warn...

If you use lbSetCurSel inside onLBSelChanged, the game will CTD.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

Just for warn...

If you use lbSetCurSel inside onLBSelChanged, the game will CTD.

I found that a while ago as well.  IIRC I think what was happening was I set an "lbSelChanged" EH for 2 different listboxes on the same dialog.  Here's my notes from when I did it:

// crashes game - stack overflow - lbSetCurSel triggers onLBSelChanged as well so A triggers B, which triggers A etc etc...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, das attorney said:

IIRC I think what was happening was I set an "lbSelChanged" EH for 2 different listboxes on the same dialog.

Oh well thats why.

I didn't notice that lbSetCurSel fires lbSelChanged too...

On 8/23/2017 at 9:47 PM, x3kj said:

On 8/24/2017 at 6:02 AM, the_one_and_only_Venator said:

On 8/24/2017 at 11:07 AM, Vasily.B said:

+1, Just tested.

I see that, in higher speeds with this kind bomb reproduced.
We will look on that, thanks. :)

Regards.

• Like 5

On 8/14/2017 at 9:30 AM, haleks said:

Hello!

7f31c70283a4a29107602d916fb113f1.jpg

Since we are going to spend a lot of time looking down for mines, I thought I would bring this up (again) :

It ruins a lot of the efforts that have been made over the years to make Arma visually more realistic and convincing.

Regarding Halek's question and this ticket about grass and clutter pop-in: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124606

Is this maybe just out of the scope of the current development resources and plans? I see the ticket isn't assigned to anyone at all still, though it was mentioned in this thread awhile ago by a dev it would be passed along to the art team. Is there any chance at all anyone would be able to look into what's causing this?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Regarding Halek's question and this ticket about grass and clutter pop-in: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124606

Is this maybe just out of the scope of the current development resources and plans? I see the ticket isn't assigned to anyone at all still, though it was mentioned in this thread awhile ago by a dev it would be passed along to the art team. Is there any chance at all anyone would be able to look into what's causing this?

Maybe the party line is to simply ignore the repeated requests for any kind of feedback/response, then the noise will eventually quieten to a whisper.....

It's no different to the Visual Feedback thread, where there have been numerous and passionate posts from long-standing community figures asking for more detailed documentation relating to the lighting system....all ignored.  If pleas from @.kju go unanswered, what chance do we have with our vexations. 

• Like 4

Hi everyone, please dear devs, can you make " Sort by mods " by default in virtual arsenal ( I'm not English I don't know if " Sort by mods " is the right expression in English game version ), o7

• Like 1

-In the showcase "combined arms", the Blackfoot doesn't fire anymore.

It just comes, fly by the camp and hovers behind it. It no longer circle above nor fire at the enemy.

• Like 1

Just noticed that if you have a UAV (Darter etc) with engine on and disassemble it, the backpack will keep making sound. If you then assemble it again, the UAV is back with engine on. Also it wanted to follow its last waypoint.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, lexx said:

Just noticed that if you have a UAV (Darter etc) with engine on and disassemble it, the backpack will keep making sound.

Can't argue with that logic :rofl:

• Like 4