1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

The new Darter sound is actually much too quiet. I've been around these things (my father flies drones as a hobby, including quadcopters), and they're loud. Those rotors spin at high RPM and make quite a racket even if the drone is relatively light.

• Like 5

Laws of physics don't change. It's not the motors making that noise, it's the air being pushed down by the rotors. Same problem as with making "stealth" helicopters. You can make them hard to see or detect on radar, but cancel out the noise? Forget it. You can reduce the noise somewhat, but most of those ways won't work on a quadcopter anyway. All you can do there is fiddle with the rotor blade shape, which can only get you so far. 

Of course, if you fly high enough, the noise won't be audible from the ground. Still, if you're close, a drone is a very noisy machine.

• Like 2

Any control of the UAV (from the first person) should not play any sounds. If there is a microphone on the UAV (which does not make sense), then the microphone should have a shutdown function. Or if the microphone is intended for listening in reconnaissance operations, then it usually uses directional microphones equipped with a wide range of suppression of extraneous noise.

But for a general dive in the game, this level of sound, as now in DEV, I like.

• Like 2

I'm talking about what you hear when, for example, you assemble the UAV and hover it right next to you. While controlling it you should hear what is going on around your character. It would be useful to have some awareness of what is going on around you while flying the UAV around.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

I'm talking about what you hear when, for example, you assemble the UAV and hover it right next to you. While controlling it you should hear what is going on around your character. It would be useful to have some awareness of what is going on around you while flying the UAV around.

Yes, I agree with you. The sound of an environment of the character has to be a priority. It shouldn't teleport a sound from UAV to the character. At least in case you operate UAV from the first person.

• Like 1

On 2017/5/21 at 1:18 AM, POLPOX said:

I spotted an error.

Cannot load texture

a3\data_f_orange\flags\flag_idap_co.paa

...well.

Now we know the "idap" mean!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, POLPOX said:

Now we know the "idap" mean!

I Deleted A Picture

• Like 3

I started using the dev branch, as of yesterday, to utilise the new DLC assets. However, this code simply does not work anymore:

["interactionMenu", "onEachFrame", {
	hint "Test";
}] call BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler;

I had code inside the event handler that was not executing, so I put a hint in there which still won't execute. The change log mentioned that the BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler was 'fixed'. Am I missing something?

Would it be possible to get a leaflet waypoint or module which could be activated by a trigger?

• Like 6

I can't get updater to run.  It keeps giving me an error and D/C'ing me .  Anyone else having issues with it? It keeps telling me App 107410 App is state 0x206 after update job.

Seems like you can no longer head shot gunners on Mounted Machineguns like in the Armed Offroad. I got point blank close but after maybe 20 shots he only registered body damage. Was this done to better armor them?

Edit: Crap somehow on my end..

So the Altis campaign (who's name I am forgetting) seems to be gone now... All I see is Stratis' East Wind, Prologue, Apex Protocol, and Remnants of War. 

7 hours ago, supercereal4 said:

So the Altis campaign (who's name I am forgetting) seems to be gone now... All I see is Stratis' East Wind, Prologue, Apex Protocol, and Remnants of War. 

Not sure which campaign you're referring to; 'East Wind' has missions on both Stratis and Altis...

10 hours ago, supercereal4 said:

3 hours ago, NoPOW said:

Not sure which campaign you're referring to; 'East Wind' has missions on both Stratis and Altis...

East Wind used to be 3 campaigns/parts (Survive, Adapt, Win), as for the original release of the game the campaign was unfinished and parts were released as they were completed, months apart.

They've been all merged into a single campaign now (East Wind) as all 3 parts have been released and keeping them separate served no purpose as they are meant to be played chronologically.

• Like 1

On 12.8.2017 at 3:56 AM, froggyluv said:

Seems like you can no longer head shot gunners on Mounted Machineguns like in the Armed Offroad. I got point blank close but after maybe 20 shots he only registered body damage. Was this done to better armor them?

Edit: Crap somehow on my end..

To maybe save you some searching: A velociraptor addon had that effect for me

Did something change with the way error messages are handled? Just recently I am getting MANY error messages for stuff that has worked for years, but partly ONLY if I play my stuff from the campaign menu / use the replay button.

For example this code in a unit init field:

this setCaptive true;
removeAllWeapons this;  
removeAllItems this;  
removeAllAssignedItems this;  
removeVest this;  
{this disableAI _x} forEach ["ANIM", "AUTOTARGET", "MOVE", "TARGET"];  
this setBehaviour "CARELESS";  

0 = this spawn {
 waitUntil {time > 0};  
 _this switchMove "Acts_ExecutionVictim_Loop";  
 removeHeadgear _this;  
 removeGoggles _this;
};

Works perfectly fine in the editor, but as soon as I test this from within the campaign menu / replay action, it tells me this:

7l2iU41.png

That's not the only thing. My whole addon started throwing errors left and right and honestly, I have no idea why. The one above I can fix if I remove the spawn {} and instead write "this switchMove "Acts_ExecutionVictim_Loop"; " etc. but yeah... the above example is also about 1 years old now.

If I remember right, the only thing that changed on dev-branch is the recent DLC release. Well, at least I am hoping this is the cause. Otherwise I'm a shit script, but that wouldn't be news either.

/Edit: Though, to be honest, I have no idea why I wrote it in spawn{} to begin with. If it had a special purpose or if there was an issue with it back in the days.

Even this is throwing an error message:

_nil = [] spawn {
    sleep 60;
    ambientFly = [getposATL air_start1, getposATL air_end1, 40, "NORMAL", "B_Heli_Attack_01_F", WEST] call BIS_fnc_ambientFlyBy;  
    ambientFly = [getposATL air_start2, getposATL air_end2, 55, "NORMAL", "B_Heli_Transport_03_F", WEST] call BIS_fnc_ambientFlyBy;
};

"Error Undefined variable in expression: normal"

Which tells me that something odd is going on?

Hello!

7f31c70283a4a29107602d916fb113f1.jpg

Since we are going to spend a lot of time looking down for mines, I thought I would bring this up (again) :

On 24/07/2017 at 10:29 PM, Evil Organ said:

Hi,

have the Art devs looked into this yet?....https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124606

I appreciate most users either don't notice it or just try and ignore it, but for those of us that can't see past this, it requires a mod to make it acceptable.  

It's worth making the point that these are the same clutter assets on offer to the equally talented community terrain developers, so every map that's made is affected.

Even if this is an engine based issue that can't be fixed, it be nice to be given an insight from a Developer as to why these clutter models render in as they do.

It ruins a lot of the efforts that have been made over the years to make Arma visually more realistic and convincing.

• Like 9

@Devs: Thanks for the doorState attribute in Eden. Very good ;)

• Like 4

Would it be possible to get some more conditions for custom entity attributes in Eden? Right now we only have these https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Eden_Editor:_Configuring_Attributes#Condition

and it would be nice if we would be able to make attributes only available for UAVs or vehicles that can fly etc., similar to what we have for the context menu.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Eden_Editor:_Entity_Context_Menu

• Like 2

"Added: Sounds during parachute descent for both first and third person views"

Yeessss!!!

Keep it up BI doing a stellar job!

• Like 5

I noticed something while messing with the uavs. 

you can hover a Uav at 1-9m from ground. release control and it will hover there perfectly.

As soon as you go to 10m or above between say 10 to 30ish and release. the uav will shoot upwards to a certain height. as if programmed this way. is there a specific reason? 

this applies to new dlc Uav and Dartar.

Repro place a Uav set at 10m and release.

Added: Camo selections to all sidearms which didn't have them before.
Added: Camo selections to both remote designators.
Added: New camo selection for the M-200 machine gun.

Added: Camo selections to all weapons which were missing it.

Awesome fixes this week! Thank you!

Might these fixes be extended to adding camo selections for the weapon attachments? Or is this still an ongoing engine limitation?

• Like 5