Added: A new 'Edit Terrain Object' module which allows for direct object manipulation 

Wow, just in time. Was about to work on something similar.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, reyhard said:

Fixed that & added some proper charging handle animation so it should look better soon ;)

EMR reload is good but that Mk18 reload is still kinda robotic and fast - no near good as EMR tho

also it would be possible to fix the old unused animation like the "GestureReloadM4SSAS" which works but it doesn't have a prone animation of it 

• Like 3

@devs

Is publishing compositions to Steam Workshop still in developement or did you scratch it?

NECNwD5.png

Btw: You did a very good job with those new modules!

• Like 1

I don't know if it came with the update today, but there is also a new option to define the door state (open / closed) of a placed house. Don't think it was there before?

Now being able to lock doors this way would be fancy as well.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, lexx said:

Now being able to lock doors this way would be fancy as well.

^^

THIS PLEASE!

• Like 2

Todays editor updates are really handy! Didnt realize how useful this would be. On a different note any chance that you could look at the loiter waypoint? seems that the radius value will save but the Z value will always reset to the default  -1 (default flying height). 

Does anyone have a video example of the new EDEN terrain object tools? Would like to see them in action but unable to download Dev.

• Like 1

If we're throwing out minor but longstanding bugs, I'm pretty sure the Black MX and MX 3GL have been this way since their introduction in the beta.

fFuaRUJ.png

If you get just the right angle with a light source, all the text is still there, it just happens to be the same color as the rest of the weapon.

• Like 4

With a new hotfix apparently being out today for stable... do we actually know when to expect the next stable release? End of the month? With orange dlc or earlier?

With a new hotfix apparently being out today for stable... do we actually know when to expect the next stable release? End of the month? With orange dlc or earlier?
I think it will be orange DLC, wenn I look at my "expected" (personal) thoughts: verry soon (days) a dev-diary followed by publicity (screenshots and so on) about orange (maybe even a trailer) followed by a release of orange to dev-branch within 1/2 week(s) and a official release on September 12th, the 4th ARMAVERSARY.

But this is really my personal opinion!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, roberthammer said:

EMR reload is good but that Mk18 reload is still kinda robotic and fast - no near good as EMR tho

also it would be possible to fix the old unused animation like the "GestureReloadM4SSAS" which works but it doesn't have a prone animation of it 

unfortunately, prone variant of that animation was never created

The new "Edit Terrain Object" module doesn't fully work with  configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> "Land_Barracks_01_grey_F" because this building has 22 doors.

Was there a reason the module only supports 16 doors? Looks more like this was an oversight.

Moreover, it would be really nice if we could lock doors via the module.

• Like 1

I love the new edit terrain object module, please let us lock doors though!

20170809041431_1.jpg

Woah

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Night515 said:

If they add that, i hope the ability kick the door down or blow a door up with a breaching charge is added. :f:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, R0adki11 said:

If they add that, i hope the ability kick the door down or blow a door up with a breaching charge is added. :f:

Maybe that's something, that they will put in the Tac-Ops DLC :icon18:

• Like 1

Sounds good. "Use action Break Door" *a door in the other room further away breaks open*   :>

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, lexx said:

a door in the other room further away breaks open*   :>

Haha! Made me laugh!

Add to that 

"Place breaching charge"... "Set off Breaching charge" *Kills all hostages in a completely different room*

But seriously. Would be nice with some lockable doors. Would make for some interesting breach & clear scenarios. If you can lock them in editor, maybe add functionality to allow certain sides lock certain doors, so that :

Faction A can lock out Faction B and C.

Faction B and C can pick lock or breach door of faction A, and still gain access. etc. 

Don't have to buy Rainbow six siege if I lobby BI Devs into re-inventing it for ArmA 3 *points finger to head* :f:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reyhard said:

unfortunately, prone variant of that animation was never created

I dearly hope the new engine will have IK for reload animations, I hate trying to squeeze the prone reload animation into the same timing as the standing one :|

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Night515 said:

I have been away for a while, but searching this thread and DEV change-log there is very little info on this new feature.

Are we actually able to edit terrain (ground) in editor now?

Just now, venthorror said:

I have been away for a while, but searching this thread and DEV change-log there is very little info on this new feature.

Are we actually able to edit terrain (ground) in editor now?

Nah only objects like houses, rocks, trees, etc.

• Like 2

I've only played up to Tuesday's Dev Update and not today's, but can someone confirm (or not) that "setcaptive true" isn't working?  I've tried "this setcaptive true" and "this setcaptive 1", and neither seems to have any effect anymore.  REDFOR immediately opens up on my captive BLUFOR.  I haven't tried other iterations yet (ran out of time) or tried "side" commands yet.  Don't want to start a ticket until I know I'm not the only one.

4 hours ago, heavygunner said:

Orange DLC testing has started on Dev-branch.

I really liked the new UAV Darter sound. But this problem is not fixed

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T82570

Sadly. Confused by the absence of changes in https://feedback.bistudio.com/# :  I hope for surprises from BIS in this section of the page.

- Default Recent Tasks Panel (priority order)

- Recent Tasks (priority order)

- Arma 3

- Open

The new Darter sound is actually much too quiet. I've been around these things (my father flies drones as a hobby, including quadcopters), and they're loud. Those rotors spin at high RPM and make quite a racket even if the drone is relatively light.

• Like 2