5 hours ago, haleks said:

Call me stubborn, but I would very very much like an answer on what this gentleman is asking below :

On 24/07/2017 at 9:29 PM, Evil Organ said:

Hi,

have the Art devs looked into this yet?....https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124606

I appreciate most users either don't notice it or just try and ignore it, but for those of us that can't see past this, it requires a mod to make it acceptable.  

It's worth making the point that these are the same clutter assets on offer to the equally talented community terrain developers, so every map that's made is affected.

Even if this is an engine based issue that can't be fixed, it be nice to be given an insight from a Developer as to why these clutter models render in as they do.

The clutter on Tanoa doesn't suffer from the issue as much, and the other models weren't always so painfull to look at, so I guess it is possible to improve the clutter pop-in.

I understand that there is a big focus on tanks right now, but the forte of this game remains infantry combat. Wich is annoying when simply walking around in the wilderness gives you eye fatigue.

This matters even more now especially as the focus is on Tanks, these same issues still remain, even inside a tank.....

Same scenario with the Weedkiller mod.....

On a day where the Engine was tweaked to improve performance and behaviour of flags......surely some thing can be done with these clutter models.

• Like 6

Surely extending the pop-in distance would be an option!  Just give us the option for big rigs !  5m, 10m, 50m.  As it stands it a) looks crap b) is distracting.

• Like 5

Seeing as the UI for weapons is being tweaked, can we get a proper pic for the NLAW? The current one is from Arma 2 BAF.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pr9inichek said:

Yes, as you might know Night515 is a lover of pre-alpha vehicles, and me too.

I hope more forgotten vehicles will arrive to the game again.

Anyway, why there is only Wrecked Minivan? I want it alive...

EDIT: Don't forget AMOS'd AMV, F-35, Shotguns and XM25.

• Like 6

@killzone_kid

Some guys on our server have found a potential bug with the getCursorObjectParams command.

Specifically when aiming at a nearby object (within 1-3m) and then aiming at a very far object (+200m) quickly, the Distance param will still report the nearby/close object.

Tweaked: Reloading the Mk-I EMR 7.62 mm was visually incorrect

That reminds me there's been an animation bug with the MK18 EMR for a long while:

When reloading while prone the characters right hand fails to initiate the final charging action on the right of the weapon. This occurs as it should in crouch and standing stances. I seem to remember making a tracker ticket, but can't seem to find the link at present.

On 2017/8/3 at 6:55 AM, Night515 said:

Seeing as the UI for weapons is being tweaked, can we get a proper pic for the NLAW? The current one is from Arma 2 BAF.

• Tweaked: The NLAW UI icon was replaced with a new one 

What a quick fix!

• Like 7

Oh well, it was fairly fast and easy to fix, so why not? :f:

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, kllrt said:

Oh well, it was fairly fast and easy to fix, so why not? :f:

Another fast and easy fix (it should ;) ): can you change the black background in the Eden editor to white so that we can see what we're doing offmap please ?

Tweaked: AI should now be able to spot enemies faster

Can you give us more info on this? Do you mean they've all has Spotting bumps or that the command is more effective or that clutter confuses them less (note:it should confuse them more) or is this Armor AI or.....or.....or   so much Or's..

Clarity please

• Like 1

1 hour ago, froggyluv said:

Can you give us more info on this? Do you mean they've all has Spotting bumps or that the command is more effective or that clutter confuses them less (note:it should confuse them more) or is this Armor AI or.....or.....or   so much Or's..

Clarity please

The recent changes of AI skill (see Reply to AI Discussion (dev branch)) resulted in a slower recognition of enemies. This has been tweaked, we are still trying to find proper solution for that. Generally speaking, current recognition speeds are still a bit slower than before the AI skill change.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, pettka said:

Generally speaking, current recognition speeds are still a bit slower than before the AI skill change.

Thanks for this. Much needed change IMO, as I've always felt the AI reacted too quickly, and I appreciate you guys continuing to refine AI.

• Like 1

Bipod is not only a weapon stabilization tool.

On firearms, bipods are commonly used on rifles and machine guns to provide a forward rest and reduce motion. They are also seen on other long-barrelled weapons. Bipods permit operators to easily rest a weapon on objects, like the ground or a wall, reducing their fatigue and increasing accuracy and stability. Bipods can be of fixed or adjustable length. Some can be tilted and also have their tilting point close to the barrel's central axis, allowing the weapon to tilt left and right. Some designs also allow the weapon to be rotated side-to-side. There are three ways for bipods to be folded: away from the shooter, towards the shooter, or into a vertical foregrip.

Height adjustment bipod is not the only problem bipod . There are a number of other ticket that need to be addressed. For this reason, I allocate all major tickets for the bipod.
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T81982

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T82167

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T85691

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123368

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124077
I think these issues should be solved in the aggregate.

BIS, the issues in these tickets need your attention. Honestly, very tired of looking at the grass, and crawling out looking for a good view. Add functionality to the bipod.

This is another bipod problem. Deploying weapons when you are near a building causes the player to hide under the ground.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T85691

This is not grass, but it hinders the use of certain sights ARCO or RCO  on Zafir machine gun .

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120491

• Like 2

Funny new bug:

hdFGKY.jpg

Start a mission via replay. Quit. Start a mission via replay. Quit. Start a mission via replay. Quit. ....

The game will not forget about the diary entries from the mission before, therefore stacking up from mission to mission. Don't know since when this is happening, as I've only noticed this today after playtesting my addon again. First I wanted to scream and kick stuff, because I thought it's a weird bug in my stuff again, but then I luckily saw exactly the same with the vanilla campaign missions, which - as of now - makes me happy... because then it ain't my fault.

• Like 1

can we get an updated list in the wiki of all the params for disableAI

there are two I've heard mentioned which arent in the wiki ...

"weaponaim"

"minedetection"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lexx said:

snip

Did you start the mission from within the editor?

Same thing happening when starting the mission from the singleplayer/multiplayer menu (not through 3den)?

Cheers

I dont think ive seen the bug in 3den, but not sure right now.. would have to test that. Ive started the missions from the campaign menu, no mods loaded, pure vanilla dev branch.

4 hours ago, lexx said:

Funny new bug:

hdFGKY.jpg

Start a mission via replay. Quit. Start a mission via replay. Quit. Start a mission via replay. Quit. ....

The game will not forget about the diary entries from the mission before, therefore stacking up from mission to mission. Don't know since when this is happening, as I've only noticed this today after playtesting my addon again. First I wanted to scream and kick stuff, because I thought it's a weird bug in my stuff again, but then I luckily saw exactly the same with the vanilla campaign missions, which - as of now - makes me happy... because then it ain't my fault.

Hi there,

thanks for the feedback! :) It should be fixed in one of next versions.

• Like 3

On 8/4/2017 at 2:56 PM, Electricleash said:

That reminds me there's been an animation bug with the MK18 EMR for a long while:

When reloading while prone the characters right hand fails to initiate the final charging action on the right of the weapon. This occurs as it should in crouch and standing stances. I seem to remember making a tracker ticket, but can't seem to find the link at present.

Hi,
sent to our animators, thanks! :)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

can we get an updated list in the wiki of all the params for disableAI

there are two I've heard mentioned which arent in the wiki ...

"weaponaim"

"minedetection"

Yes, please.

Is the particle problem fixed? Does anybody confirmed?

EDIT: Nevermind. It was a arma3diag_x64.exe thingy. But I'm wondering why the problem doesn't appear in that exe?

All Viper soldiers have standard icons.

QMGNUim.jpg

GPpCXDU.jpg

Medic (Viper) issues:

1) Missing Medic Icon  HXq3bMu.jpg

2) He has only 1 First Aid Kit. (Standard Medic has 11, Recon Medic has 6)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, danil-ch said:

All Viper soldiers have standard icons.

Medic (Viper) issues:

1) Missing Medic Icon 

2) He has only 1 First Aid Kit. (Standard Medic has 11, Recon Medic has 6)

fix should be available on devbranch soon

On 4.08.2017 at 2:56 PM, Electricleash said:

Fixed that & added some proper charging handle animation so it should look better soon ;)

• Like 9

Oh shit, is that some fix-as-many-bugs-as-possible-week? If so, please someone look at the broken font display stuff? It's a tiny issue, but everytime I see it...

• Like 1