New "drivingstickRight", "drivingstickLeft", "drivingWheel" animation sources for armored vehicles

fack yes!  Thank you so much. 

5 hours ago, POLPOX said:

Scripted steering wheels? Then, next up is scripted moving surface?

No. It's 'just' the animation source that enables modellers to animate the steering wheel based on steering input- like we already have for cars. Now it works for tanks too. If you have gone through the pain and modelled tank interior, then this change makes all the difference...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, x3kj said:

fack yes!  Thank you so much. 

No. It's 'just' the animation source that enables modellers to animate the steering wheel based on steering input- like we already have for cars. Now it works for tanks too. If you have gone through the pain and modelled tank interior, then this change makes all the difference...

Tank interiors with tank dlc confirmed ;)

• Like 7

If it really means that, then hopefully for all the tanks and not just the new ones. Also not to forget Turn Out function for the Kamysh. I sure as hell won't get tired of requesting that. :> Needs a fixed hatch on the model, I guess.. because the hinge(?) seems to be one block and not possible to animate this way. No idea how much work it would be to fix that?

Now that the steering wheel animation works, i found that hand-IK on tanks only works when turned out.  When turned in, it freezes and updates only when chaning to exterior or optic view. Is this possibly related to the issue/ "feature" that tank drivers are forced hidden for 'spectators' when turning in (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T83066)? Iirc a birdy told me that this has been looked at recently - any news on that front?

Steeringwheel looks totally arkward when in reverse, because the sides are switched from game controller input side. Logically the side where you pull down should apply brake force. This doesnt apply currently. I guess this is one of those complicated ease of game controll <-> visual situations where everyone has their preference.

5 hours ago, lexx said:

If it really means that

No it doesn't. This fix has been requested since years, repeatedly. Doesn't disprove that there wouldnt be interiors, but it certainly doesnt prove that there will be.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, x3kj said:

Is this possibly related to the issue/ "feature" that tank drivers are forced hidden for 'spectators' when turning in (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T83066)? Iirc a birdy told me that this has been looked at recently - any news on that front?

viewDriverInExternal should be already fixed and working for tanks

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kllrt said:

viewDriverInExternal should be already fixed and working for tanks

thanks, just tested it (visually only) and it works. But it does not solve the IK issue unfortunately

Okay, I will report that.

• Like 1

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T126339

Fog (mist, haze, smoke, brume) interfere with blocking air targets on the active radar.
Active radar is a good indicator of the presence of air targets in any area of poor visibility. Active radar allows you to give a command for the AI arrow - switch to the target on the radar (the next active target). But the AA missiles are not blocked by radar targets when the target is not visually present. Changing the range of general visibility corrects the problem of blocking AA missiles for aerial purposes. Such a blockage of targets for AA missiles works well for systems without radar, for systems blocking thermal radiation. On systems with a radar there must be missiles blocking the target on the radar, without visual contact with the target.
https://youtu.be/9nf1SF18zQw

I could not find a similar ticket, but I remember that there was a ticket where they reported about the problem of blocking air targets.
Are there any plans to change this AA missile problem on radar systems?

Just did some testing. A convoy of four Hunters GMG.

Waypoint Settings:

- Careless

- Hold fire, unless fired upon

- formation column

- everything else default

Convoy Settings:

- convoy seperation 10m

Convoy's Group Settings:

- Same as Waypoint Settings

Convoy's driver and commander settings

- disableAI suppression

- disableAI cover

All three runs the convoy just shot when fired upon and stayed at the road. Maybe the reason why they leave the road with the vehicles is to search for cover? Oo

• Like 4

https://feedback.bistudio.com/search/query/dBKDreUy4A.1/#R

There are many tickets for waypoints. This is a drawback for the game and building a path for the AI, directly in the game. I would like to build a group of short waypoints, instead of one long way. This works well for UAV building drone waypoints. Why is this not available for AI determination of waypoints ? There is no possibility of setting in the waypoints for AI behavior (the nature of the battle, stay at the 0-60 minute point, climb to the altitude and so on).

• Like 2

Tweaked: Current function view in Functions Viewer is now auto-refreshed after recompiling 

Tweaked: Double slash comments in code in the Debug Console are now ignored  

Thanks for those tweaks, especially the latter one.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Ditto. The latter was always infuriating when trying to do things like test modifications to large eventHandlers in a live environment.

7 hours ago, R3vo said:

i can finally stop using the "comment" command :)

With some of the current tweaks happening to the functions viewer, may I suggest a needed improvement.

With the heavy usage of macros appearing in a lot of BI script nowadays some way to view included files - revive for example I'm looking at you.

The functions viewer is current useless for reading some of these heavily macro'ed files, if you wish to know what is happening like all the namespace variables used etc.

Currently the only way to make sense of these functions is to unpack the game PBOs.

• Like 2

You could copyToClipboard str "bis_fnc_whatever" and the text is compiled.  But yes, it would be nice to see it on screen

1 hour ago, das attorney said:

You could copyToClipboard str "bis_fnc_whatever" and the text is compiled.

Thats extremely messy way though due to the macro whitespace. Try BIS_fnc_reviveInit and paste in IDE of choice.

I always unpack the whole game so i can grep through the files, just though its a missing feature that would be extremely useful.

What would be handy is having the files path selectable so you could then copyToClipboards loadfile "\a3\functions_f_mp_mark\revive\defines.inc"

Or pass top 20 lines of file for #include's and add buttons to viewer title area that open a moveable text panel with included doc, then you could browse both the script and defines at the same time.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Larrow said:

Thats extremely messy way though due to the macro whitespace.

Yeah it's not ideal but gets the job jone - agreed though that something prettier would be better.

Is it just me or are the changelogs a little sparse these days ?

Perhaps it is the LARGE build up to OrangeDLC (Orange is Swahili for FIXING ALL AI ISSUES - in case anyone asks)

• Like 4

I guess so too, especially because they are working on a new devlog video.

• Like 1

Call me stubborn, but I would very very much like an answer on what this gentleman is asking below :

On 24/07/2017 at 10:29 PM, Evil Organ said:

Hi,

have the Art devs looked into this yet?....https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124606

I appreciate most users either don't notice it or just try and ignore it, but for those of us that can't see past this, it requires a mod to make it acceptable.  

It's worth making the point that these are the same clutter assets on offer to the equally talented community terrain developers, so every map that's made is affected.

Even if this is an engine based issue that can't be fixed, it be nice to be given an insight from a Developer as to why these clutter models render in as they do.

The clutter on Tanoa doesn't suffer from the issue as much, and the other models weren't always so painfull to look at, so I guess it is possible to improve the clutter pop-in.

I understand that there is a big focus on tanks right now, but the forte of this game remains infantry combat. Wich is annoying when simply walking around in the wilderness gives you eye fatigue.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, kremator said:

Is it just me or are the changelogs a little sparse these days ?

Perhaps it is the LARGE build up to OrangeDLC (Orange is Swahili for FIXING ALL AI ISSUES - in case anyone asks)

Slim changes because of a data lock?

And it looks like they're building something in there; I see movement on the staging area: https://steamdb.info/app/107410/history/

This tends to foreshadow a release candidate or something big on the dev branch...

_____

edit.

Jay Crowe @jaycroweuk 1m1 minute ago

Emergency @A3_Melle supplies are cracked - Orange DLC has officially entered (soft) datalock! ???

https://twitter.com/jaycroweuk/status/892767464395857920

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Greenfist said:

Slim changes because of a data lock?

And it looks like they're building something in there; I see movement on the staging area: https://steamdb.info/app/107410/history/

This tends to foreshadow a release candidate or something big on the dev branch...

_____

edit.

Jay Crowe @jaycroweuk 1m1 minute ago

Emergency @A3_Melle supplies are cracked - Orange DLC has officially entered (soft) datalock! ???

https://twitter.com/jaycroweuk/status/892767464395857920

UHm... that left orange looks pretty low poly... 16 Years and this is what we get? FIX YOUR LOW POLY ORANGES BIS! THE COMMUNITY IS OWED HIGH POLLY ORANGES! AMIRITEGUYS?!  GET BEHIND MY ARGUMENT GUYS! If any of the devs writes a mean comment I'll just warn him/her :f: It's ok, I'm a forum moderator, they have to listen to me! 

• Like 8