12 minutes ago, lexx said:

You mean that grey-ish texture? That's already in the game. Same for the Gorgon, but that one is not accessible via the attribute menu / garage.

The Strider camo is also not available in the Eden Garage.

Any more info about this change ?

• Tweaked: The USS Freedom prop was overhauled (all models reworked, configuration and model config updated to represent new model set, no changes to textures, geometries were updated)

BTW, I noticed there's a projector white screen inside the briefing room, it would be awesome if it was retexturable :

yLsRVKu.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, R3vo said:

The Strider camo is also not available in the Eden Garage.

I've read people say that it is, but I sure can't find the option to change it in the editor. 

If you want the NATO textured Strider, use this (I bet you are aware of this already).

this setObjectTextureGlobal [0,'\A3\soft_f_beta\mrap_03\data\mrap_03_ext_co.paa'];

this setObjectTextureGlobal [1,'\A3\data_f\vehicles\turret_co.paa']; 

7 hours ago, POLPOX said:

Is this kind of "Orange"?

I wonder if this Project Orange is going to add some removed content, and add the unused textures that are already in the game.

1 hour ago, stburr91 said:

I've read people say that it is, but I sure can't find the option to change it in the editor. 

If you want the NATO textured Strider, use this (I bet you are aware of this already).

this setObjectTextureGlobal [0,'\A3\soft_f_beta\mrap_03\data\mrap_03_ext_co.paa'];

this setObjectTextureGlobal [1,'\A3\data_f\vehicles\turret_co.paa']; 

Never use XXXXGlobal command in init field of the unit/vehicle 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

Never use XXXXGlobal command in init field of the unit/vehicle 

I don't want to clutter up the dev forum, but I was just referring to this.

12 minutes ago, stburr91 said:

I don't want to clutter up the dev forum, but I was just referring to this.

That is a good thread that shows bad example of usage

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killzone_kid said:

Yes, maybe, I don't know anything about coding. The point is that the textures are already there, I guess people that know more can call the textures in some better way. Maybe you could go over to that thread and put some examples of better ways to use the textures. 

34 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

What's so bad about using Global? Just curious.

3 hours ago, Night515 said:

What's so bad about using Global? Just curious.

init field is executed for all machines in a session, whenever a client joins.

so every time a client joins, he's telling all the other clients to execute that code as well.

not catastrophic, but would cause some lag and is very avoidable

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

not catastrophic

global commands already executed on every client by default. Putting it in init means every new player will execute this command on all players and himself and will do it as many times as there are players on the server. 100 players means roughy 100 times x 100 = 10000 times. Mind you people come and go all the time so this is neverending process. Plus setObjectTextureGlobal in particular breaks when it is executed everywhere on top of it is executing everywhere by design.

2 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

global commands already executed on every client by default. Putting it in init means every new player will execute this command on all players and himself and will do it as many times as there are players on the server. 100 players means roughy 100 times x 100 = 10000 times. Mind you people come and go all the time so this is neverending process. Plus setObjectTextureGlobal in particular breaks when it is executed everywhere on top of it is executing everywhere by design.

Would be nice to have an init field in Eden which only executes the code locally to the object.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, R3vo said:

Would be nice to have an init field in Eden which only executes the code locally to the object.

Yes. Perhaps the editor could warn the user when they put a global command such as setobjecttextureglobal in the init box

• Like 1

@killzone_kid

You recently added the Recompile Selected button the function viewer.

Something I miss is a quick way to search for functions via an edit box. Would that be hard to implement? I guess because it's a listbox it would need to be rewritten to use a CT_TREE right?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, R3vo said:

@killzone_kid

You recently added the Recompile Selected button the function viewer.

Something I miss is a quick way to search for functions via an edit box. Would that be hard to implement? I guess because it's a listbox it would need to be rewritten to use a CT_TREE right?

Like a find in string filter in an edit box? Yeah, that would be a nice addition. Also for the config viewer.

The current way of just typing the name to search is a bit clunky. Mostly because you need to know how the name starts exactly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greenfist said:

Like a find string filter in an edit box? Yeah, that would be a nice addition. Also for the config viewer.

The current way of just typing the name to search is a bit clunky. Mostly because you need to know how the name starts exactly.

Basically a search box like we have them in Eden and Zeus.

The config viewer is a whole different story. It's not as splendid as its name suggests...

Has anyone noticed if you place a loiter wp and set the height and radius it doesnt save the height only radius? 

On 25.7.2017 at 5:59 PM, POLPOX said:

Is this kind of "Orange"?

The textures are on the dev-branch now, visible in the garage.

/Edit: I'm slowly getting a little bit tired with it, but since a few days, my APCs aren't throwing their smoke grenades anymore with the "fire" command. I had to deal with this issue three times already in the past, and it just keeps coming back. Ugh. Did anything change again in this area?

X fire "SmokeLauncher";

isn't doing anything anymore now.

10 hours ago, lexx said:

The textures are on the dev-branch now, visible in the garage.

/Edit: I'm slowly getting a little bit tired with it, but since a few days, my APCs aren't throwing their smoke grenades anymore with the "fire" command. I had to deal with this issue three times already in the past, and it just keeps coming back. Ugh. Did anything change again in this area?

X fire "SmokeLauncher";

you sure it is "SmokeLauncher" and not "CMSmokeLauncher"?

IIRC countermeasures have CM

If so, then that's very new, because up until a few days ago, it worked for a long, long time exactly the way I wrote above. /Edit: The wiki also calls it "SmokeLauncher", as well as the config browser.

weapons[] = {"SmokeLauncher"};

Please, regret eyes of players. It is heavy to read messages of a chat. Make control in a game where everyone could choose color of the text in a chat.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T82651

20170616204550_1.jpg

The optical sight is jammed at maximum resolution. Occurs with some optical sights on turrets and cars, where there is a smooth zoom.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T64247

Collisions of cars with obstacles often cause not characteristic behavior - Cars take off, turn over.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124274

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123725

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117728

Added: New "drivingstickRight", "drivingstickLeft", "drivingWheel" animation sources for armored vehicles

Oh god, that's some fancy foreshadowing.

• Like 5

On 27.07.2017 at 9:07 AM, lex__1 said:

Its Physx baby! Yeah! :P

Scripted steering wheels? Then, next up is scripted moving surface?

It's gonna happening!

On 7/26/2017 at 3:41 PM, lexx said:

I'm slowly getting a little bit tired with it, but since a few days, my APCs aren't throwing their smoke grenades anymore with the "fire" command. I had to deal with this issue three times already in the past, and it just keeps coming back. Ugh. Did anything change again in this area?

X fire "SmokeLauncher";

You could try BIS_fnc_fire (probably Monday) https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_fire

• Like 3