Tweaked: The flight model and overall performance of the Shikra jet were overhauled - now it's not a fifth - generation plane like "T-50" or "Су-35", now he is like "AN-2" from Arma 2.

Cute.

Sorry :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D_Donskoy said:

Tweaked: The flight model and overall performance of the Shikra jet were overhauled - now it's not a fifth - generation plane like "T-50" or "Су-35", now he is like "AN-2" from Arma 2.

Wait for next update, will be couple of Gs better ;)

• Like 6

explain yourselves minions!

Tweaked: Heavy gunfire situations should now be slightly less performance demanding

any tweaks that improve this are gold, thanks!

(is optimization of some fired event or something?)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, darksidesixofficial said:
  • Tweaked: Heavy gunfire situations should now be slightly less performance demanding
?

A programmer might jump in to explain it better, but as far as I know it's a slightly nicer handling of tracking certain types of impact effects created by projectiles hitting vehicles (improved clean-up).

• Like 9

Regardless it is good news and thanks for filling us in.

it sounds like these objects were part of the improvement:   "#crater"    "#crateronvehicle"

In the same vein, some ability to control the number of engine-created objects like footprints, vehicle tracks, explosion crater decals, and blood marks would also help us designers improve FPS in heavy combat.

these object types in particular:   "#mark"   "#slop"   "#track"

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/allMissionObjects

• Like 2

I've been running around in Malden, looking for random stuff to explore. And just seen these... pretty random immersion-breakers... It'd really nice to get rid of such strict separations in terrain on the next version of Arma's terrain tech. A seamless transition from one surface to another would look much better because other than this decades-of-old terrain tech limitation, Malden looks amazing in all regards.

Today is better, thank you.
But in my opinion, the angles of the attack are not large enough, especially at high speeds - in some cases, the air brake helps, but mostly ... maneuverability is not similar to the SU-27 from DCS World. I apologize for the comparison ... such figures as "Barrel" and "Nesterov Loop", this plane (Shikra) should perform much ... faster, despite the high speed.

1 hour ago, D_Donskoy said:

Today is better, thank you.
But in my opinion, the angles of the attack are not large enough, especially at high speeds - in some cases, the air brake helps, but mostly ... maneuverability is not similar to the SU-27 from DCS World. I apologize for the comparison ... such figures as "Barrel" and "Nesterov Loop", this plane (Shikra) should perform much ... faster, despite the high speed.

Nothing wrong with wanting a better flight model, but this is still Arma... :) it´s originally built as an infantry simulator... DCS is built from the ground up as a flight simulator. Just saying that Arma will probably never have the high fidelity flight model of DCS.

• Like 1

Yes, you are right in the fact that ArmA is an infantry simulator and I do not expect from this game the same thing from the DCS World.
Arma defeats the DCS World, because in the Arma player: a pilot, an infantryman, a tanker, a diver, a special forces fighter, almost anyone from the army in one battlefield.
And the battlefield reaches an impressive size.
On the topic: I just wanted to say that at the exit of the DLC, Shikra was more like a fifth-generation fighter than there is now.
In the rest, I apologize again for comparing two different games.
At the moment, in my opinion, Shikra still lacks the maneuverability.
Developers great respect from me, for a huge step forward since the days of ArmA 2 - all what was missing in the second part of the game is realized in the third - super.
P.S. - DLC touched on all subjects, besides the theme of water combat transport. It's strange. And of course the subject of the civilian population passed by!) I mean the module as in the good old days.
A wish: takistan 2035, module civil, modult warfare. ;)

• Like 1

I'm not sure it is a bug or a missing implementation, but Wy-55-Hellcat fort camera is not lockable (Ctrl+T) like the UAV cameras. When I'm sitting inside (as a pilot, copilot) the camera looks as it's locked, but in the camera view it isn't.

I also noticed that as a copilot the trackir is totally broken. It's always looks in the same direction relative to world and when the heli turns it's behave strange! :D Can somebody confirm these?

Edit: For the first, i haven't tested the Kajman and Blackfoot. Maybe they miss the lock ability too.

On 26.5.2017 at 11:09 AM, venthorror said:

After yesterday's [STABLE 1.70.141838 - Hotfix] NPClient64.dll is again being blocked by Battleye.

Loading of dll was blocked, but I can't reproduce it.

Is anyone else using Opentrack, Trackir or any other headtracking software and has similar experience?

Hello there,

I have the same problem with FaceTrackNoIR. I can't use my face tracking software anymore because Battleye is blocking the NPClient64.dll.
It worked the last two month flawlessly but now I am not able to use it anymore in combination with my new HOTAS setup.
I already have written a message to the Battleye support and hope that this issue might get solved.
If not, Opentrack and FaceTrackNoIR users are expelled from the game from now on.

But I can't spell for TrackIR users and hope, one of these guys can tell, if TrackIR is still working.

Hi.

I just noticed something while flying the new jets on Malden.

When lookin through thermals I saw smoke, and it occurred to me that smoke does not emit any heat radiation and is not seen on thermals.

Perhaps it is possible not to render smoke particles when the thermals are on ? Or render them with like an alpha instead of its texture ?

Are table controls still exclusive to the dev branch? ct* commands on the biki say it's RscControlsTable, but

isClass (configFile >> "RscControlsTable")

returns false.

When can we expect them to appear on main branch?

On 10.6.2017 at 5:19 PM, KoalaDSK said:

Hello there,

I have the same problem with FaceTrackNoIR. I can't use my face tracking software anymore because Battleye is blocking the NPClient64.dll.
It worked the last two month flawlessly but now I am not able to use it anymore in combination with my new HOTAS setup.
I already have written a message to the Battleye support and hope that this issue might get solved.
If not, Opentrack and FaceTrackNoIR users are expelled from the game from now on.

But I can't spell for TrackIR users and hope, one of these guys can tell, if TrackIR is still working.

I am not sure, what happened, but it seems, that the issue got solved over night (for me as an European).
Battleye doesn't block the NPClient64.dll anymore and I can use my face tracking software in combination with my HOTAS setup again.

On 10. 6. 2017 at 2:40 AM, jerminhu said:

Will the new FM go into 1.72?

It's being staged in the Release Candidate build. Revert is possible.

• Like 4

DEV: 1.73.142021

All jets except Wipeout have working waypoint indicator on hud.

Can we please get it working on wipeout too?

Thanks for adding more map icons. This will greatly improve navigation via map. However, there's an issue which I believe we have had for a long time. Some icons don't seem to be on the top layer of the map UI. (See the 4 fuel station icons)

Moreover, would it be possible to also add icons for Radar Domes? I believe they are a very important landmark.

QjoGSFZ.jpg

While I usually run a rather heavily modded game, ACE and RHS, and it has been a while since I tested dev-branch-- has something severe happened to AI engagement ranges? I was playing one of my AI test missions-- simple squad on squad environment-- and where I would usually have been picked off by vanillas rather accurate AI, I kept being able to press forward. Did I miss something? 

-k 

14 hours ago, nkenny said:

Did I miss something? 

-k 

Yes, adding more info about your issue.

Cheers

I'm currently researching and gathering real life data from actual manufacturer factsheets and whatnot, because I'm planning to submit the issue properly to the issue tracker, but I'm lacking free time and I'm not done yet.

(Since I've brought this issue up in this thread for at least 2 times without any success.)

But I'm pretty sure even without that data, you Dear Devs, and most players will realize that the current values and the gameplay as a result are inconsistent and anything but authentic.

The issue is I'm talking about is the lack of penetration power of certain medium to large caliber multi purpose/general purpose/high explosive shells against structures and objects.

In the name of the Holy Lord, please adjust these values for the 1.72 release.

If not, me and a significant number of frustrated customers will have to play their favorite game at least another month or so with messed up ballistics - resulting in messed up gameplay and authenticity.

• 120 - 125 mm HE needs to be able to penetrate at least one reinforced concrete wall or any other wall/object equivalent to that.
  • 40 mm GPR needs to be able to penetrate at least one reinforced concrete wall or any other wall/object equivalent to that. (I know, it has no delayed detonation fuse, but according to the ammunition manufacturer this round is able to penetrate 210 mm of double reinforced concrete and neutralize hostiles behind that wall / hiding in that room. Similar to the 30 mm MP shell. Yes, even without delayed detonation fuse, I'm going to prove it by providing the manufacturer's datasheet!)
  • Consider implementing the same for any kind of HEAT shell/warhead --> HEAT principle! --> penetrate a hard matter of significant thickness and shower everyone behind with molten metal or even shrapnel (HEAT tandem warhead principle!).

Use the projectile tracking scenario (link) and fire a 120 mm HE shell at e.g. a pathetically weak piece of wood pressboard (even a 9 mm pistol round will penetrate): The 20 kg heavy 120 mm HE shell with a muzzle velocity of 1100 m/s and a delayed detonation fuse will be stopped immediately! By a piece of wooden pressboard!

Guys, that's BS! We're at version 1.70, not 0.90. Please, I'm, begging you!

(I'm sorry for trying to point out this issue with the large font size, it won't happen again, promised!)

Edited by R0adki11
removed large font, as it was not needed.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, pils said:

I'm currently researching and gathering real life data from actual manufacturer factsheets and whatnot because I'm planning to submit the issue properly to the issue tracker, but I'm lacking free time and I'm not done yet.

(Since I've brought this issue up in this thread for at least 2 times without any success.)

I guess we have to wait for tank DLC.

12 hours ago, Vasily.B said:

I guess we have to wait for tank DLC.

You might very well be right ... but man, that would seriously piss me off.

Because Tanks DLC won't be before the end of 2017, I would guess.

I mean, it can't be that hard to fix, can it? Shouldn't this be just adjusting some parameters?

They already did it in case of the 35mm AA, 30mm MP as well as I think all helo and jet autocannons.

I just don't get why they would fix these and then just stop and leave the rest of the medium/large caliber cannons broken.

(I was wondering if the did it on purpose in case of the 40mm GPR, because that kind of ammo has no delayed detonation fuse and 30mm MP ammo has.

But then, 120/125mm HE shells have delayed detonation fuses and behave like the 40mm GPR. 

Additionally the manufacturer of the 40 GPR ammo states, this type of ammunition is especially made to destroy fortifications and neutralize hostiles in buildings and behind cover. As said, the manufacturer claims it can penetrate "more than 210mm of double reinforced concrete at 1000m" and neutralize hostiles behind that wall.

Since BIS consulted military advisors for Arma 3, they should know about all that stuff.

210mm double reinforced concrete, that's one serious wall. I've measured the thickness of the load-bearing, all concrete basement walls of my four-storied student dormitory out of curiousity, and they're just 140mm.)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Since I've researched the 40mm already, I might as well put a link of the data:

40mm GPR (There are two versions of the GPR shells, GPR-PD [Point Detonation] and GPR-AB [Air Burst]. So it's safe to assume we're using the GPR-PD in Arma 3.)

Gotta love the manufacturer's description:

"The General Purpose Round Point Detonating – Tracer (GPR-PD-T) is a High explosive munition capable of penetrating more than 210 mm of double reinforced concrete. The unique projectile is optimised for fragmentation effects.

The significant “behind protection” effects of this munition delivers effective suppression of threats in urban structures and lightly armoured vehicles.

CHARACTERISTICS 

DIMENSIONS 65 x 255 mm [Note added by pils: It's 'telescoped ammunition', the caliber of the actual round is 40mm]
AMMUNITION MASS 2400 g
PROJECTILE MASS 980 g
INITIAL VELOCITY 1000 m/s
ACCURACY 0,5 mil
PERFORATION > 210 mm concrete at 1000 m > 15 mm RHA at 1000 m
EFFECTIVE RANGE 2500 m"

Compare the manufacturer description to the Arma 3 gameplay ... yea, disappointing, isn't it?

Additionally: The 60 GPR + 40 APFSDS shell loadout is only the 'ready to fire' ammo stock. 

The manufacturer emphasizes, that the crew can reload the cannon easily and quickly.

I couldn't find any info on the maximum stock of ammo, but that certainly depends on the vehicle this system is used for ... and probably simply just on how many boxes they wanna stuff in the back of the thing.

But I'd say it's rather unlikely they would move into battle with just their ready to fire loadout and without a single round of reserve ammo stock.

Same case for the vehicles with 30mm autocannon and the MRAPs.

Why move into battle with just two cases of .50 cal ammo. I've seen footage of US MRAPs in Afghanistan that were filled with boxes of ammo for the mounted .50 cal ... maybe 15 - 20 cases of 100 rounds each. They stuffed the thing full of ammo, using any free space.

On the other hand we got the Terminator infantry carrying ceramic body armor, a 7.62mm machinegun with several 150 round cases, a high end ATGM system and not less than 4 missiles and on top a bunch of different items.

Taking the very similar Javelin ATGM as comparison: The basic system + 4 missiles weigh about 70 kg altogether. 70 kg just for the Titans the infantry is running around with.

So we've got the Terminator infantry running around with something like 140 kg of weapons and equipment, but IFVs have nothing but their ready to fire ammo stocked and MRAPs come with 1 ready to fire and 1 reserve box of .50cal.

Pretty odd ... yea, sorry for digressing a bit.