1 hour ago, venthorror said:

EXE rev. 141881

Kajman fails to climb using AFM, but is able to climb on standard settings.

(RPM seems to be fine when I raise the collective, but there is almost no vertical speed)

Works for me however the Mi48 has always been a massive heli.  You can improve its performance on the AFM by lowering its fuel levels.

It also cant do a vertical takeoff with a full load of fuel and 8 pax, it requires a rolling take off then using ground cushioning and translational lift to get airbourne.  You also have to keep a keen eye on your collective as you can very very easily enter VRS if trying to do a vertical landing with full pax.

I think its fine as is, it is a very very different helicopter to fly than say a Mohawk or Blackfoot.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Works for me however the Mi48 has always been a massive heli.  You can improve its performance on the AFM by lowering its fuel levels.

It also cant do a vertical takeoff with a full load of fuel and 8 pax, it requires a rolling take off then using ground cushioning and translational lift to get airbourne.  You also have to keep a keen eye on your collective as you can very very easily enter VRS if trying to do a vertical landing with full pax.

I think its fine as is, it is a very very different helicopter to fly than say a Mohawk or Blackfoot.

Works for me too. Perhaps a certain loadout?

Speaking of Blackfoot.  in my opinion the Blackfoot shoulda become a legend in arma. was a real missed opportunity .  one of its main points of interest setting it apart from other helis was its amazing maneuverability. In arma( when flying you don't feel any of this). it feels like this unique trait was overlooked which was a shame. 

Vertical climb speed using standard flight model is 11mps. Vertical climb using AFM is 5mps.

If this inconsistency is realism-vise it makes no problem.

I was worried that it might be connected to the new throttle system, as I was unable to get any vertical speed.

Notice that throttle on pilot hud goes to 100. Is there any way to get 120%?

Also shouldn't Radar needle on the helicopter mdf and in the box on the pilot' hud sweep from left to right when I turn the radar on?

I'm sure I saw it on some other vehicle in vanilla game... Maybe in New black wasp...

31-05-2017 

• No update today due to logistical issues.

• No feedback today due to logistical issues ;)
  • Like 11

10 hours ago, venthorror said:

Vertical climb speed using standard flight model is 11mps. Vertical climb using AFM is 5mps.

If this inconsistency is realism-vise it makes no problem.

I was worried that it might be connected to the new throttle system, as I was unable to get any vertical speed.

Notice that throttle on pilot hud goes to 100. Is there any way to get 120%?

Also shouldn't Radar needle on the helicopter mdf and in the box on the pilot' hud sweep from left to right when I turn the radar on?

I'm sure I saw it on some other vehicle in vanilla game... Maybe in New black wasp...

Ill double check this when I get home. Are you a KBM user or stick?

11 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

Works for me too. Perhaps a certain loadout?

Speaking of Blackfoot.  in my opinion the Blackfoot shoulda become a legend in arma. was a real missed opportunity .  one of its main points of interest setting it apart from other helis was its amazing maneuverability. In arma( when flying you don't feel any of this). it feels like this unique trait was overlooked which was a shame. 

Really? I find it very maneuverable in the AFM to the point where I throw it around like a Pawnee.

1 hour ago, das attorney said:

• No feedback today due to logistical issues ;)

R3vo hasn't yet left his daily EDEN editor nitpick report. "enemy socks not matching, needs urgent fix!!"

something must be wrong :) *checks news to see if WW3 has started*

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

R3vo hasn't yet left his daily EDEN editor nitpick report. "enemy socks not matching, needs urgent fix!!"

something must be wrong :) *checks news to see if WW3 has started*

Was busy..gonna post more nitpicks soon :P

• Like 8

On 4/25/2017 at 11:55 AM, h - said:

Almost old enough to buy booze..

Kinda like the ye olde "Road not found" and "Server: Object 2:6657 not found (message Type_93)
Server: Object 2:6642 not found (message Type_121)" rpt spam issue..

6 hours ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

Ill double check this when I get home. Are you a KBM user or stick?

I use HOTAS but it makes no difference when using KBM.

On 5/30/2017 at 2:52 AM, Imperator[TFD] said:

I experienced this last night.  Wearing diver suit and standing about waist height in the water my weapon made no noise when firing.

On 5/29/2017 at 5:21 PM, venthorror said:

EXE rev. 141872

There seems to be something wrong with the sound while walking on the sea shore.

Need more testing, but it seems there is no muzzle sound when firing in certain situations.

Possibly while standing on the beach feet or knees in water.

Will be making a ticket soon (if there isn't one already). Need to gather more info.

Hi there!
This sound issue was already reported and should be fixed in one of next versions.

Thanks for your feedbacks. :)

• Like 4

Spoiler

vNBiXn3.jpg

That's an awesome addition.

Are those parameters globally available? Because they are not (yet) listed here.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Mission_Parameters

Moreover, I noticed the 2D Editor button in the host menu screen. Shouldn't that by default be the 3D Editor, in fact, this button doesn't even work for me.

Spoiler

7hy0Qgs.jpg

Is it just me or is there a problem with the Blackwasp in current DevBranch?

The stealth variant is actually the same model as the standard one. Also all pylons can be outfitted with weapons.

12 hours ago, R3vo said:
  Hide contents

vNBiXn3.jpg

That's an awesome addition.

Are those parameters globally available? Because they are not (yet) listed here.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Mission_Parameters

Moreover, I noticed the 2D Editor button in the host menu screen. Shouldn't that by default be the 3D Editor, in fact, this button doesn't even work for me.

Reveal hidden contents

7hy0Qgs.jpg

Crew staying in immobilized vehicle is not global parameter, however there is a script command that allows you to set it on per vehicle.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dr. hladik said:

Crew staying in immobilized vehicle is not global parameter, however there is a script command that allows you to set it on per vehicle.

Thanks for the info.

Is R Ctrl+ L (Flaps Up) not working for anyone else? R Ctrl+K (Flaps Down) work fine. As does using the action menu. Clearly my keyboard isn't at fault...

Animation of engine nozzle for jets is not correct on some jets.

Ingame:

throttle 0% -> nozzle closed

throttle 100% -> nozzle opened.

IRL:

When nozzle is closed, it produces maximum thrust.

When nozzle is open is produces least amount of thrust.

When afterburner is used, nozzle needs to be opened again for best performance , to not "clog" the exhaust due to increased pressure (in lay mans terms).

So from going 0 to 100 throttle, it needs to close. When afterburner should be "visually simulated" it needs to open at >  ~95% thrust or something like that (when we assume that afterburner gets ignited on 95% throttle usage).

• Like 4

On 5/20/2017 at 4:08 PM, Alwarren said:

I admire its sense of duty...

I hadn't seen your comment until now - it's the best thing I've heard (read) all day man :)

• Like 2

The new two tracks from Jets DLC are missing their localisation.

From the Config Viewer:

name = "$str_a3_cfgmusic_leadtrack02_f_jets";

On 02.06.2017 at 5:55 PM, Callsign said:

Is R Ctrl+ L (Flaps Up) not working for anyone else? R Ctrl+K (Flaps Down) work fine. As does using the action menu. Clearly my keyboard isn't at fault...

I think need use CTRL + Mouse Wheel for this function

Hey !

Great work with Malden.

I found a little antenna glitching at 049039

Screenshot

Just thought I'd post here to try and get some feedback. Ever since the 1.70 update I've been plagued with crashes, they seems to have the error message on this really old ticket so I started uploading crash reports to it. I've only ran into these crashes while in my dev environment for ace so far, but they are extremely frustrating as they tend to lock up my whole system and crash my display drivers completely. I just encountered the worst one yet which somehow broke my display driver so bad I had to hard reset the system 3 times - on top of this it managed to annihilate my git repository as I was in the middle of comitting changes when it happened.

So far I've tried:

• Totally uninstalled my graphics card drivers and reinstalling
  • Reinstalling arma
  • Reinstalling DirectX
  • Running the profiling branch
  • Running the 32 bit executable
  • "Upgrading" my OS to windows 10
  • Stress testing my CPU and RAM with prime95 blend mode
  • Stress testing my GPU with FurMark
  • Performing a memory test
  • Running `sfc /scannow`

The most annoying thing about these is that they are consistently inconsistent. I don't know exact reproduction steps, but they are happening almost every time I'm running arma while working on development stuff. I was not having this issue before 1.70 and no other game I've played has given me the same problem (I thought perhaps it was a problem with my hardware). If a BI dev could let me know how I can go about helping to debug the cause of this I'm more than happy to oblige them as it's seriously hindering my ability to work on projects.

• Like 1

If somebody could help me please: If I want to update my server on the Dev version which code need I then?

SET SET A3BRANCH=????????????
 :: For stable use 233780 -beta
 :: For Dev use 233780 -beta development
 :: Note, the missing qotation marks, these need to be wrapped around the entire "+app_data......"
 :: There is no DEV branch data yet for Arma 3 Dedicated Server package !!!

I have tried to use "107410 -beta development validate" nevertheless, does not function so completely.

@BIS : Before Malden hits stable branch, it would be nice to see some action on the ground clutter issues :

Issue on Feedback Tracker : https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124606

It's really ugly and distracting when you're on foot - would be a shame to release Malden with such problems.

• Like 4