7 minutes ago, sammael said:

there is Merge function in Eden editor for this

The merge function is problematic at best...it duplicates every object in the mission file and requires you to go through and manually delete the copies. There should be some type of check that removes the copied items upon merging...otherwise let me have the ability to delete mod dependencies as it used to be please.

3 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Somewhere along this caravan we lost the ability to delete unwanted addon dependencies from missions.sqm. Used to be able to go in a delete the offender but now there is always an "Error loading Mission" should this happen

did you change the numbers?

this is an expaination on how to remove CBA (as an example) from a mission i wrote a while ago.

Spoiler

"save unencrypted
open in editor:
search for " "cba_jr", " in "addons[]= {...}" and remove it

find 
"class List
{
items=X;"

in 
class AddonsMetaData{...in here}

change the number X to X-1 (so if it was 15 go 14)

find "class ItemXX
{
className="cba_jr";
name="Community Base Addons - Joint Rails";
author="CBA Team";
url="https://www.github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3";

};"
and remove it

then you need to change for all following class ItemY
the number Y to Y-1

this should work (at least it worked for me)"

The real problem is that with the addition of eden the logic used to populate a mission's required addons was changed such that if a mod even touches the class of an entity it becomes required

• Like 1

Whitelisting Multiple Users

Since Arma 3 v1.71 it is possible to let more than 1 person access debug console in Multiplayer. This is done by defining enableDebugConsole param as Array and adding UIDs of whitelisted users to this array, for example:

enableDebugConsole[] = {"81273982178973213", "3749832749732749", "7492374983274234"};

All users with UIDs matching the added UIDs will be able to access debug console in Multiplayer. Additionally, server host will also be able to use debug console, as well as any logged in admin on dedicated server.

Any chance to see a Eden attribute for that? Could be very handy.

Can anyone confirm that the status bar in Eden doesn't work anymore? Coordinates & game version aren't displayed any longer. Tested without mods and I also tried to verify my game's cache.

16 hours ago, R3vo said:

Can anyone confirm that the status bar in Eden doesn't work anymore? Coordinates & game version aren't displayed any longer. Tested without mods and I also tried to verify my game's cache.

Works just fine here.

After yesterday's [STABLE 1.70.141838 - Hotfix] NPClient64.dll is again being blocked by Battleye.

Loading of dll was blocked, but I can't reproduce it.

Is anyone else using Opentrack, Trackir or any other headtracking software and has similar experience?

Support for this 64bit client was introduced back in  | EXE rev. 139870 ]]

• Like 1

2 hours ago, h - said:

Works just fine here.

Alright, seems to only happen if one uses the startup parameter mission file (Editor) and directly jumps into a mission.

Entering the editor from the main menu and everything works splendidly.

1 hour ago, Storm7 said:

range finders arent working

Bug reporting should be done via feedback tracker, unless it's something you'd want to discuss in this forum.

Judging from the amount of detail you added to describe your problem I doubt that's the case.

Anyone else noticing planes starting to roll on their own?

1. Go to MP editor
  2. Place plane on the ground
  3. Start engine
  4. Hit esc to go into menu or open any dialog
  5. Watch plane accelerate on its own

Ticket.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Storm7 said:

range finders arent working

They do (should) work,

just like tank FCS you need to press T(default) to laze distance.

• Like 1

Added: New addForce and addTorque script commands 

holy sheeeeeet! :eyeheart:

• Like 6

Since the newest Dev Build, is it now possible to use Tanoa Structures (Buildings) in Maps like Altis and Stratis without owning the APEX addon?

In the Editor it shows me all Structures from Tanoa, even so I ain't got Apex installed, but since im owning it im not sure if this is a bug or was made on purpose.

has anyone of you found a structure or vehicle, that lends itself to having the phalanx/sea sparrow AA turrets attached to?

it's a bit of a shame, that we got these nice assets, but nothing to mount them on, apart from the carrier. the RAM wouldn't probably make sense for ground operations, but i feel that the sea sparrow and phalanx could very well be used for ground defense.

i've tried combining the turrets with containers and other military structures, but nothing looked really convinving.

also, has anyone found the new assets like the munitions carts, that were shown in promo material? they are not available in eden as of 1.7 stable.

maybe we get some more jet/turret related assets with the next patch?! :)

On 26.05.2017 at 1:13 PM, Grumpy Old Man said:

Bug reporting should be done via feedback tracker, unless it's something you'd want to discuss in this forum.

Judging from the amount of detail you added to describe your problem I doubt that's the case.

Anyone else noticing planes starting to roll on their own?

1. Go to MP editor
  2. Place plane on the ground
  3. Start engine
  4. Hit esc to go into menu or open any dialog
  5. Watch plane accelerate on its own

Ticket.

Cheers

Confirmed.

• Like 2

Unsure if this is related to Malden or just the dev branch in general but I've been noticing some really bad pop-in and out on clutter, don't know if this is an old thing or not but I've never noticed it being this bad before: 

"User texture" objects don't seem to receive shadows. Is this intended?

• Like 1

I noticed the className of Malden is "Malden" but not "abel". Really? Come on BI!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, polpox said:

I noticed the className of Malden is "Malden" but not "abel". Really? Come on BI!

Good thing it isn't, otherwise missions done for the CWR2 terrain would cease working.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

Good thing it isn't, otherwise missions done for the CWR2 terrain would cease working.

Oops! I forgot about CWR.

EXE rev. 141872

There seems to be something wrong with the sound while walking on the sea shore.

Need more testing, but it seems there is no muzzle sound when firing in certain situations.

Possibly while standing on the beach feet or knees in water.

Will be making a ticket soon (if there isn't one already). Need to gather more info.

9 hours ago, venthorror said:

EXE rev. 141872

There seems to be something wrong with the sound while walking on the sea shore.

Need more testing, but it seems there is no muzzle sound when firing in certain situations.

Possibly while standing on the beach feet or knees in water.

Will be making a ticket soon (if there isn't one already). Need to gather more info.

I experienced this last night.  Wearing diver suit and standing about waist height in the water my weapon made no noise when firing.

I noticed today that the Combat Patrol units have incorrect editor previews. This should be fixed. One unit even shows a DLC weapon when in fact it carries a Zafir MG.

Ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T125232

I thought that was a nice gesture to allow non-apex owners to use Tanoan structures in their missions  :thumbsup:

• Like 17

EXE rev. 141881

Kajman fails to climb using AFM, but is able to climb on standard settings.

(RPM seems to be fine when I raise the collective, but there is almost no vertical speed)