10 hours ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Isn't meant to land normally. Just like the Osprey

Yeah, that's what I said.  It's NOT MEANT TO LAND NORMALLY. It requires a VTOL landing.

Will try to test out today's patch in a bit.  Damn HOTAS is doing a slow spiral of failures and had to order a new T16000M FCS which should be in today :D

Fixed: The stealth variant of the Black Wasp was not able to fold wings via the Virtual Garage 

Thanks for fixing that. Here's another issue related to Jets DLC and the Virtual Garage

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124727

There was gun cross at Black Wasp HMD before, but now it's gone! Bring it back, please!

SOhapse.jpg

There is still an issue with the Carrier and Eden.

- Place the carrier. Save the mission

- Create a new mission -> Carrier still exists but is not deleteable.

Game Version:

Spoiler

Game: Arma 3
Version: 1.71
Build: 141672
Branch: Development
Mods enabled: true (Happens without mods, too)
Operating System: Windows
Architecture: x64

Resolution:
Width: 1920
Height: 1080
UI Scale: 0.7

With the recent changes to the VTOL flight logic, it would help tremendously if the Airbrakes can be toggled on and off instead of continuously press it to keep it deployed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MK84 said:

With the recent changes to the VTOL flight logic, it would help tremendously if the Airbrakes can be toggled on and off instead of continuously press it to keep it deployed.

+1

Having an additional keybind for "airbrake (toggle)" would be greatly appreciated. 

On another note, one thing I noticed when testing out the latest VTOL flight model is that it feels like the lift generated from the wings disappears suddenly after a certain speed threshold rather than gradually decreasing as forward speed decreases. To reiterate, if I'm flying towards an LZ for a VTOL landing, I try to reduce my airspeed as quickly as possible by idling throttle, manually changing the vector to 90 degrees and holding airbrake. However, it seems like the wings still generate a constant amount of lift throughout to the process of reducing airspeed until I pass the 170kph mark at which point it feels like I suddenly lose all lift from the wings and I have to suddenly go from 0 to full throttle to keep altitude.

I'm not sure I explained it right, but the VTOL flight model feels slightly off because of this sudden wing stall when the felt reduction in lift generated from the wings should feel more gradual so you can properly adjust throttle and vectoring angle to compensate.

Edit: One more question, was there supposed to be a keybind option for "re-centre TGP to bore sight" or "re-centre TGP to target"? It mentions such a keybind possible in the Field manual on Dev branch but I haven't found the keybind option in controls.

4 hours ago, a_killer_wombat said:

Edit: One more question, was there supposed to be a keybind option for "re-centre TGP to bore sight" or "re-centre TGP to target"? It mentions such a keybind possible in the Field manual on Dev branch but I haven't found the keybind option in controls.

By default it should be num 5. In free mode camera will be re-centred to default direction. In locked mode it will re-center to target (if any is marked)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, a_killer_wombat said:

+1

Having an additional keybind for "airbrake (toggle)" would be greatly appreciated. 

On another note, one thing I noticed when testing out the latest VTOL flight model is that it feels like the lift generated from the wings disappears suddenly after a certain speed threshold rather than gradually decreasing as forward speed decreases. To reiterate, if I'm flying towards an LZ for a VTOL landing, I try to reduce my airspeed as quickly as possible by idling throttle, manually changing the vector to 90 degrees and holding airbrake. However, it seems like the wings still generate a constant amount of lift throughout to the process of reducing airspeed until I pass the 170kph mark at which point it feels like I suddenly lose all lift from the wings and I have to suddenly go from 0 to full throttle to keep altitude.

I'm not sure I explained it right, but the VTOL flight model feels slightly off because of this sudden wing stall when the felt reduction in lift generated from the wings should feel more gradual so you can properly adjust throttle and vectoring angle to compensate.

In regards to your point about horizontal to vertical flight:

This has been an item with all VTOLs even back in Arma 2.  When slowing down on the approach your aircraft will 'nose-down' at roughly 180.  All it takes is a simple application of even 1% throttle and you will gain control of the aircraft.  You will however need to be very careful on how much thrust you apply as the bigger the aircraft (Blackfish for example) the more thrust you will need to apply in order to maintain a steady descent.

See the final minutes of this video for a demonstration.

As for slewing TGP; like Dr Hladik mentioned it's currently set to the "Centre View" key bind.  You must have the TGP in either Area or Point mode for it to work.

In dev branch, the dynamic FOV which you get in vehicles and which is dependant on speed, has been removed for jets. However, it hasn't yet been removed for all other vehicles. Is this planned for the near future as well? I would prefer if this dynamic FOV were removed for all vehicles to keep it consistent. 

• Like 5

I'm currently downloading the dev branch ... please tell me the Praetorian C (Phalanx CIWS) is now able to intercept projectiles! 

Please, just please!

I know it wasn't able a few weeks ago when I briefly tried the new stuff out.

Devs please. the main purpose of that weapon system is to intercept projectiles.

I'm pretty sure you guys know it was designed to intercept anti-ship-missiles (at least the slower, older ones), any kind of ATGM, any kind of artillery shell or artillery rocket, mortars, bombs (at least if they are being dropped in a few kilometers distance so the system has enough time to react).

There is even quite a chance it might be able to intercept fast missiles like the Kh-25MP ( :f: ), at least one at a time, probably not two in a salvo.

But anyway, at least the ATGMs, bombs, artillery and mortar interception is a must have feature. It would be an amazing addition to the game ... and without it, the static carrier is pretty much doomed right away. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, a_killer_wombat said:

In dev branch, the dynamic FOV which you get in vehicles and which is dependant on speed, has been removed for jets. However, it hasn't yet been removed for all other vehicles. Is this planned for the near future as well? I would prefer if this dynamic FOV were removed for all vehicles to keep it consistent. 

It would be much better if it was tied to acceleration rather than speed.

• Like 3

Release day for Jets DLC is close, very close.. You can see it from here.

So when It comes out I plan to go back to stable.

How do I opt out of DEV branch and avoid double download at the same time?

Because when you opt out, your game "updates" a few Gbs just the same...

So when DEV hits stable, will it be the same version for a day?

17 minutes ago, venthorror said:

DEV is never exactly the same as any stable build, there's always some download. Right now, going from DEV to 1.70 RC there's a 1.1GB difference.

So switch after the new stable is released for minimum download. Or get the release candidate build now and you'll only get the last minute changes when stable updates.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, venthorror said:

You can also switch to RC branch now, which will be the same as stable at release date.

2 hours ago, pils said:

I'm currently downloading the dev branch ... please tell me the Praetorian C (Phalanx CIWS) is now able to intercept projectiles!

Unfortunately it is not.

2 hours ago, pils said:

Devs please. the main purpose of that weapon system is to intercept projectiles.

I'm pretty sure you guys know it was designed to intercept anti-ship-missiles (at least the slower, older ones), any kind of ATGM, any kind of artillery shell or artillery rocket, mortars, bombs (at least if they are being dropped in a few kilometers distance so the system has enough time to react).

There is even quite a chance it might be able to intercept fast missiles like the Kh-25MP ( :f: ), at least one at a time, probably not two in a salvo.

But anyway, at least the ATGMs, bombs, artillery and mortar interception is a must have feature. It would be an amazing addition to the game ... and without it, the static carrier is pretty much doomed right away. 

I doupt anything like that will be in Jets DLC as it would most likely require a engine update and extensive testing would be necessary for sure. If it was planned, it should have been on devbuild since weeks.

But don't loose all hope! maybe active countermeasures is something planned for Tanks DLC and they can update the Praetorian C then.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, venthorror said:

Just before you switch back rename the Jets folder in your Arma 3 root directory.  Switch back and then rename the Jets folder back to its original name.

You will still have to download stuff but this might cut down the amount you have to get.

Dunno who to go about this but I just encountered this: the Remote Designator (NATO at least) is correctly attributed to the Marksmen DLC in the Eden objects list but mistakenly attributed to the Jets DLC in the UAV Terminal as embedded below, and in the 3D world.

szjGI0g.jpg?1

EDIT: It would also appear that whoever created a separate base class for the dynamic loadouts Buzzard omitted the "Laserdesignator_pilotCamera" and "Laserbatteries", meaning that the Editor-visible Buzzard (CAS) can't self-designate for its own GBU-12s...

The disableAI / enableAI commands now work also for mine detection ("MINEDETECTION")

This just reminded me of question Ive had for a long time - how exactly is it determined if AI spot a mine or not? Meaning what are the factors involved -time of day? Skill? hidden-ness of the mine??

Reason being is that there are many missions that involve taking out armor with mines but most of the time they spot them and just drive around them and id like to increase my chances without disabling it all together.

19 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

This just reminded me of question Ive had for a long time - how exactly is it determined if AI spot a mine or not? Meaning what are the factors involved -time of day? Skill? hidden-ness of the mine??

Reason being is that there are many missions that involve taking out armor with mines but most of the time they spot them and just drive around them and id like to increase my chances without disabling it all together.

it is affected by

- day/night

- speed

- vehicle you are in

- eye direction

- unit skill

- mine inconspicuousness

- surface type

• Like 3

The implementation of tide simulation is pretty neat, however, coastlines look very ugly currently.

S2tKym8.jpg

Are there any props coming with the Jets DLC?
I saw bomb carts in the trailer and in some screenshots, but I can't find them in the editor.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kecske said:

Are there any props coming with the Jets DLC?
I saw bomb carts in the trailer and in some screenshots, but I can't find them in the editor.

We are considering addition of props to Jets DLC together with Bravo Zero One later, it depends on many factors.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, pettka said:

We are considering addition of props to Jets DLC together with Bravo Zero One later, it depends on many factors.

Oh! That's somewhat disappointing, there's me (possibly naively) thinking they would be sneaked in on launch day. Always a nice surprise seeing a smattering of props with the DLCs that expand the library... here's hoping these factors resolve somehow.

Edited by Electricleash
spelling

1 hour ago, pettka said:

Is it possible to detail these factors??? Out of pure curiosity

Oh and the showcase VTOL is very good, enjoyed using Manual Vectoring flying around all those islands.

Also I'm a +1 for the Airbrake (toggle) keybind

Edited by Big-Rooney
Additional entries

Are we ever going to see the drawPolygon command expanded? We really need the ability to set a brush/fill mode. Also it'd be great to have command(s) to get entities/objects within a polygon (array coordinates provided) rather than having to rely on radii from a center location like we currently do.

• Like 1