The real AH-9 seems to have an RWR, at least (at least as far as the cockpit pics show), but the helos in game are literally converted Littlebirds. The cockpit looks the same as that of MD500 from TOH. As such, it's unlikely that the helos have any "military" features. Seeing as they don't even have a glass cockpit, I'd assume that they're repainted civilian helos (and, in case of AH-9, jury-rigged with light armament).

16 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

The real AH-9 seems to have an RWR

You mean AH-6? Are you sure? AN/APR-39 seems to be the smallest RWR available used by most helicopters (Cobra, Apache, Chinook, Sea Knight, Blackhawk, Sea Stallion, Kiowa), I'm pretty sure they're not fitted on H-6 series.

I couldn't find anything about AH-6 utilizing countermeasures or threat detection systems other than LWIRCM, which is a lightweight variant of CIRCM, planned for MELB block upgrades.

As far as I'm aware the program had ~$23M funding for fiscal years 14-19 and is still being tested (and possibly fielded), so it's safe to assume this sort of ECM would still be in use in 2035. We don't have working ECM tho.

Edit:

Apparently the system is supposed to feature an "IR -Guided Missile Detection, Alert, and  Countermeasure on the MELB", as mentioned here. So who knows.

Edited by arkhir

Yes, I meant AH-6. It was a typo. 

We don't know if AH-9 is an evolution of AH-6. Judging by the cockpit, it isn't a MELB, but presumably a really cheap alternative made out of a civilian helicopter.

34 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

AI not crossing bridges, I guess it's an old issue?

Almost old enough to buy booze..

• Like 8

On 24-4-2017 at 0:52 AM, petek said:

Good find! .45s and zubir

I have no idea when they were added, couldnt find any change logs either. Must have been recent-ish.

30 minutes ago, Bitesrad said:

I have no idea when they were added, couldnt find any change logs either. Must have been recent-ish.

They were added 2-3 months ago, just hidden.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Nightmare515 said:

They were added 2-3 months ago, just hidden.

I feel stupid not knowing that.

Getting a slight hunch that they are reserved for Tac-Ops DLC

• Like 1

Hmmm, is it because of the update, I made no changes to my mods... Debug console, putting hint commands there (Hint "blah";), or systemchat, there is no output on screen here.

14 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

Hmmm, is it because of the update, I made no changes to my mods... Debug console, putting hint commands there (Hint "blah";), or systemchat, there is no output on screen here.

Something went wrong with Steam distribution and some addons were not updated. Could be something else that broke too. 

12 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

Something went wrong with Steam distribution and some addons were not updated. Could be something else that broke too. 

Any chance for a fix today ? Or is that up to Steam?

4 minutes ago, nesias said:

Any chance for a fix today ? Or is that up to Steam?

This is under investigation, do not know much more than that, sorry.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

This is under investigation, do not know much more than that, sorry.

Just tell us who's responsible.

frankenstein_11.jpg

So that Steam Repair Files thing does not work, have you guys tested it? Thx.

As you rediscovered the tide functionality, can we have a script command like setTide or setSeaLevel? Just to do apocaliptic flood stuff on altis!:dummy:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Just tell us who's responsible.

Gonna visit that guy with my pet.

FluidBoilingAustralianfreshwatercrocodil

On 21/04/2017 at 4:30 PM, Foxone said:

The actual catapult doesn't move, this shouldn't be too hard to do and would add a great deal of immersion

I'm not a dev, so what I'm saying might not be true, but the Carrier itself isn't one solid model, it is several models glued together. I'm not sure if it would be possible to animate the catapult across the models.

Carrier placement angle seems to have broke in today's patch. Looks like they're trying to stay level with the sea bed angle.

7CoiElV.png

The new 3den Attribute "DLC" and "Required DLC" is splendid, almost.

What if a scenario requires multiple DLCs?

Cant remember if its been said but with the carrier cat 3 shoots you across cats 1 & 2. Noticed that if you launch then land and re launch, as soon as you attach to a cat you launch straight away. If you attach then detach from cat you cant launch from any cat, you attach but dont get the launch option and you take off with just your engines or in other words you roll off the deck. And is it possible to not get the launch option until the blast shield is fully in place?

Cant get the UCAV to attach to any of the cats not matter what i try, anyone else get them to attach when you're driver? Can get them to land so it should be able to launch. I know it wont happen for release but a new advanced waypoint for carrier take off for AI would be handy. And maybe one for landing where instead of coming to a stand still in the damn way of anything else coming in, they fold their wings and move to a designated spot out of the way. 

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm that the Debug console (pressing Esc and local exec in Eden) is not working and not remembering the last entry after today dev update?

Feeback Ticket

Thanks

E

Edited by Electricleash
Added Feedback tracker link

4 hours ago, snoops_213 said:

... Noticed that if you launch then land and re launch, as soon as you attach to a cat you launch straight away...

This happens because the plane's "bis_launchState" variable keeps its value 1 (successfull launch) after launch, which means that on the next attach it doesn't wait for the hold button action to actually set this variable to 1.

This variable needs to be set to nil or -1 after either detach or launch.

10 hours ago, Electricleash said:

Can anyone confirm that the Debug console (pressing Esc and local exec in Eden) is not working and not remembering the last entry after today dev update?

Feeback Ticket

Thanks

E

Hi, Debug console issue should be fixed in next version. :) 

• Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:34 PM, tortuosit said:

Gonna visit that guy with my pet.

FluidBoilingAustralianfreshwatercrocodil

You have a pretty pet...and have a dragon too.

• Like 1