8 minutes ago, pettka said:

Thanks a lot for the heads-up, You should have even the Jets and other DLCs from second bundle as a part of Supporter Edition. We are investigating the issue, sorry for the inconveniences :(

no problem, thx for the fast response. i am waiting to test the jets.

• Like 1

You can do that without owning the DLC, you'll only get a pop-up. The only vehicle that you can't access (AFAIK) is the Sentinel. 

You'd be surprised. I saw both Yurgis Kairis and Zelazny group do precisely that at an airshow. :) Not at this speed and not for that long (those were aerobatic prop planes), but this is a real maneuver called a tailslide:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tailslide

Remember, fighter aircraft (aerobatic ones, too) are often dynamically unstable, which means that center of lift is pretty much on top of the center of mass (as opposed to behind, as on most aircraft). This means that disregarding slightly increased drag and thrust reverser-induced engine power loss, they can theoretically fly backwards about as well as forward. The only limitation is the ability of control surfaces to handle very high loads induced by backwards flow, and the ability of the fly-by-wire system to cope with such a bizarre situation. Of course, in practice the pitots will not be facing into the airflow, you won't have any visibility in the direction of flight, not to mention most fighters don't even have thrust reversers, meaning that you'd be a glider with an idling jet engine trying to stall you. 

All in all, if you tried that in reality you'd lose speed far more quickly (BIS, could you look into adding some sort of minimum "idle" thrust for jets?), but tailslides are often seen at airshow performances. I imagine that a TVC-equipped fighter can fall vertically for quite a while before the aerodynamic forces make it start turning.

Why is the OPFOR Jet To-201 Shikra slower then F/A-181 Black Wasp ? In the Arsenal it says it is faster then BLUFOR Variant but in real it is slower - same for Neophoron while Wipeout is faster and has more Armour - this makes no sense to me and it is not acceptable this Love for the BLUFOR Nation - I want some more love for OPFOR.

I mean if we look at some facts, YAK-131 vs A-10 in a Dogfight, who would win?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, McQuade said:

Why is the OPFOR Jet To-201 Shikra slower then F/A-181 Black Wasp ? In the Arsenal it says it is faster then BLUFOR Variant but in real it is slower - same for Neophoron while Wipeout is faster and has more Armour - this makes no sense to me and it is not acceptable this Love for the BLUFOR Nation - I want some more love for OPFOR.

I mean if we look at some facts, YAK-131 vs A-10 in a Dogfight, who would win?

king of the hill players asked for re-balance of the jets to balance out gameplay :)

10 minutes ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

king of the hill players asked for re-balance of the jets to balance out gameplay :)

Why the KOTH Players more important then the real Community? Just make the OPFOR Uniform a little weaker, it is already a little bit too unrealistic, but also that BLUFOR Mark V Armor

3 minutes ago, McQuade said:

Why the KOTH Players more important then the real Community?

the "real community" is actually just a noisy minority. the overwhelming majority of arma players are KotH/Lifemod players. only about 15% of arma customers use the game for milsim.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

the "real community" is actually just a noisy minority. the vast majority of arma players are KotH/Lifemod players.

So these cunts really care about Balance? But an Fyling Tank like Blackfish is not OP? If Balance then please for ALL - the Blackfish can climb faster then neophoron, is this a simulation or is it going to be more casual ?

1 hour ago, McQuade said:

So these cunts really care about Balance? But an Fyling Tank like Blackfish is not OP? If Balance then please for ALL - the Blackfish can climb faster then neophoron, is this a simulation or is it going to be more casual ?

Actually, the Blackfish is, right now, rather lousy. It's though, but the weapons are ridiculously underpowered. Until recently they were impossible to hit with, compounding the problem.

Not that I condone this kind of "balancing" thinking. The flight dynamics of all aircraft need to be reworked and, at minimum, brought inline with Caesar BTT from Apex (or with the VTOLs, for that matter). Both Neopheron and Buzzard should be far more agile and climb faster than Wipeout, which should, on the other hand, be significantly tougher than them. Shikra probably should be faster than Black Wasp, too (though they should probably be comparable).

1 hour ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

the "real community" is actually just a noisy minority. the overwhelming majority of arma players are KotH/Lifemod players. only about 15% of arma customers use the game for milsim.

Which is sad, really. But I wouldn't worry; BIS won't rebrand ArmA into civillian life simulator :D

• Like 1

Please keep in mind that part of the dev branch release is testing and value configuration.
What is now may not be what is in the future and this partly why dev branch releases for DLC occurs, not only so that people may trial but we can also get their feedback on the material.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, pettka said:

Thanks a lot for the heads-up, You should have even the Jets and other DLCs from second bundle as a part of Supporter Edition. We are investigating the issue, sorry for the inconveniences :(

I've pre-purchased DLC-bundle 2 on bistore and are not able to redeem it, it says "You have Pre-ordered this product.
We will notify you, once the product becomes available.". Might give you a headsup on that aswell :-)

• Like 3

Has anyone else noticed that when AI eject they throw smoke? Haven't tried the new planes yet but for the last few weeks i've been noticing it on the old planes, is this intentional or a bug? 

2 hours ago, masc said:

I've pre-purchased DLC-bundle 2 on bistore and are not able to redeem it, it says "You have Pre-ordered this product.
We will notify you, once the product becomes available.". Might give you a headsup on that aswell :-)

I have the same issue.  

54 minutes ago, eriktrak said:

I have the same issue.  

Well we can't have that. Who else gonna do the cool dev video updates. ;).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, snoops_213 said:

Has anyone else noticed that when AI eject they throw smoke? Haven't tried the new planes yet but for the last few weeks i've been noticing it on the old planes, is this intentional or a bug? 

Yes I've been noticing this as well.

How stealth drone can be stealth if it have non-switchable collision lights. We need a similar to allow lights button but for collision lights. Also because drone AI is hardcoded to careless it will not turn them off even it sees enemy and always turn it on even if you disable collision light by script.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MADBUG said:

How stealth drone can be stealth if it have non-switchable collision lights. We need a similar to allow lights button but for collision lights. Also because drone AI is hardcoded to careless it will not turn them off even it sees enemy and always turn it on even if you disable collision light by script.

This issue applies to all UAVs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Imperator[TFD] said:

This issue applies to all UAVs.

Just because we got ourselfs a "stealth" drone this issue become more noticeable

4 hours ago, snoops_213 said:

Most probably the AI just felt suppressed and wanted to cover its retreat think.gif

• Like 6