I'd imagine they're still working on the dynamic loadout system itself. They've implemented just enough to test most of the scope of the system (a plane, a heli, and a bunch of weapons), it doesn't really make sense to start implementing other vehicles until they know that the underlying system is rock-solid.

I know i know, but I'm not as hyped for the addition being added to new vehicles as much as I am the core mechanics (Zues/Ammo Truck/multiplayer compatability)

• Like 2

I agree with @darksidesixofficial here; would much rather have the inner mechanics working in a nice manner than be worrying about another odd duck vehicle addition.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

The I don't think the all MFD stuff is documented yet. The added source names have been mentioned in the dev changelogs though, so can usually find them in the config when they appear.

The impactPoint and impactpointtoview (HMD variant used on the Kajman) got added here already though https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A3_MFD_config_reference

As for the TGP indicators in the sensor display, I believe it's simply that the sensors have been changed to use animDirection="PilotCamera_V";

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Sensors

With PilotCamera_V being the name of a selection/bone that undergoes animations in the model.cfg with the pilotCameraRotX and pilotCameraRotY animation sources

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Model_Config#Animation_sources

Cheers mate! Appreciate it :) I'll look into it and see what I can do. 

11 hours ago, dragon01 said:

air_269a_042.jpg

Agreed, something like this would be great for the HUD. It should only come up though when locking onto other air targets and obviously would only be for guns. 

Edit: Sorry double post. 

21 hours ago, reyhard said:

There is also some nice ILS functionality included ;)

Can't wait! :) If even only part of these features makes it to stable it will be a significant gamechanger for Air tactics. 

Were gonna need a bigger... map though. ;)

Just tested the dev build. Runs really nice and smooth.

However it's a pity that large caliber HE shells still have no penetration value.

Come on guys, that's basic stuff. Don't neglect the basics while working on fancy new features.

Please devs, add penetration values for 40mm - 125mm HE shells. Also consider adding penetration values for HEAT shells - which should be lower than for HE I'd say.

Issues I've noticed regarding the new features:

- I've added GBUs to all pods, which worked fine. But it would release several GBUs per single click (3 or even 4).

- No matter how many Plamen 20mm pods you add, only 2 will fire at the same time. (Which actually makes sense, who would add more than 2 of them? Maybe you could just restrict it being added to max. 2 pylons.)

Addition:

- Please let us also configure the loadout of the cannons, especially in case of helicopters! It would be cool if you could easily exchange the 20mm of the Blackfoot with the mysterious 25mm GAU-12 that exists in the game files ;)

And in case of e.g. the Kajman, it would be really cool if you could select the amount of 30mm HE and AP ammunition respectively the ratio!

3 hours ago, pils said:

Just tested the dev build. Runs really nice and smooth.

However it's a pity that large caliber HE shells still have no penetration value.

Come on guys, that's basic stuff. Don't neglect the basics while working on fancy new features.

Please devs, add penetration values for 40mm - 125mm HE shells. Also consider adding penetration values for HEAT shells - which should be lower than for HE.

Issues I've noticed regarding the new features:

- I've added GBUs to all pods, which worked fine. But it would release several GBUs per single click (3 or even 4).

- No matter how many Plamen 20mm pods you add, only 2 will fire at the same time. (Which actually makes sense, who would add more than 2 of them?

Some medium, or heavy helicopters like the Mi-17 sometimes could field 4 or 6. Then again I'm not sure what caliber cannons those are. However, if only 2 fire at a time, it would be fine, just means they pilot might only want to use two of 4 pods, and then when it's out of ammo, he's got 2 left.

Speaking of which, while we're on the topic, the Russian Helios, are known for carrying Dumb Bombs like the FAB250. It needs to be noted that the legendary Kajman follows suit of it's ancestors the Mi-24P, with capacity for barrel/dumb bombs.

• Like 2

On 3.3.2017 at 7:23 PM, dragon01 said:

"Added support for launchers with more fire modes". Top attack Titan AT, anyone? :) I'd be so glad if BI actually implemented that.

Yea, but only if we also get actually working active protection systems for the tanks ;P

Merkava 4 with Trophy

Leopard 2A7 with APS/ADS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pils said:

Yea, but only if we also get actually working active protection systems for the tanks ;P

Merkava 4 with Trophy

Leopard 2A7 with APS/ADS

Everybody know about the Merkava APS Trophy and more interestingly,

The BIS T-100 (based on Black Eagle prototype) too has already Drozd APS modelled on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drozd

Ready to be activated by Dev.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pils said:

Also consider adding penetration values for HEAT shells - which should be lower than for HE I'd say.

I hope you misspelled that. What exactly do you mean? HE shells contain an explosive core, which means they are softer than APCR or Tungsten shells. That makes HE useless against anything with a few cm's of armor thickness. At best the explosion may shock the crew or damage exterior parts. HEAT is designed to penetrate ridiculous amounts of armor by focusing blastwaves at a small point and "tearing" through armor like it was butter.

However, if you are talking about the HEAT shell itself penetrating armor as if it were a "dud" shell, then yes, it should have equally bad or worse pen than HE shells. The only thing that really stops HEAT shells is spaced armor or HEAT "nets"/"Fences", because these cause the shell to detonate prematurely so that the "standoff" distance is too great. This causes the focused blast to occur too soon, and ruins the effect of such ammunition.

On 16.3.2017 at 8:27 PM, Strike_NOR said:

I hope you misspelled that. What exactly do you mean? HE shells contain an explosive core, which means they are softer than APCR or Tungsten shells. That makes HE useless against anything with a few cm's of armor thickness. At best the explosion may shock the crew or damage exterior parts. HEAT is designed to penetrate ridiculous amounts of armor by focusing blastwaves at a small point and "tearing" through armor like it was butter.

However, if you are talking about the HEAT shell itself penetrating armor as if it were a "dud" shell, then yes, it should have equally bad or worse pen than HE shells. The only thing that really stops HEAT shells is spaced armor or HEAT "nets"/"Fences", because these cause the shell to detonate prematurely so that the "standoff" distance is too great. This causes the focused blast to occur too soon, and ruins the effect of such ammunition.

Sorry, I guess I should have added an explanation.

You misinterpret my remark due to the lack of additional info.

I'm talking about penetration values of these shells not against vehicles, but penetration values considering objects, structures, etc.

The most unsettling part is, they have absolutely fine values for for 35mm AA guns, 30mm HE (all of them, jets, Kajman and all vehicles with 30mm cannon), 20mm HE (Blackfoot and Buzzard) - but it seems then they simply forgot to keep on and alter the values for the larger caliber guns, too.

This is the 3rd time I'm pointing this issue out. This annoying inconsistency is present now for months already.

Try it yourself, preferably by using the scenario "Quick and Fun Projectile Tracing" (Steam workshop).

Now spawn e.g. a BTR and fire with 30mm HE at a building or that row of wooden panels. The shell will penetrate most common walls and detonate inside the building, which is great and of course absolutely realistic. Modern ammunition can be programmed to either detonate on impact, or with a programmable delay time after impact. (Additionally most ammunition types have an airburst mode at a programmable distance, but hey, I'm not even asking for something that fancy.)

Fire at the row of wood panels. The 30mm HE actually penetrates numerous of them.

Again, it's great to have these features for these calibers. Especially since initially no HE shell could penetrate anything - not even bushes - for a long, long time.

But the feature is still missing for the larger calibers.

Try firing at the wood panels with the 40mm HE of the Marshall or with any tank HE/HEAT shell. All of those will get stopped immediately by the first shitty wood panel. They simply forgot to add penetration values for the larger calibers - and that is the situation for months now!

I need to fire tank HE shells into windows to get rid of infantry hiding inside --- because the devs keep forgetting they need to add penetration values for these calibers, too! *hint* *hint*

Regarding the HE/HEAT issue: I think e.g. a 120mm HE shell should be able to penetrate several light walls. If you try that scenario I suggested, you will see that the 30mm HE fired from vehicle autocannons already has pretty powerful penetration abilities and can penetrate one strong wall or a few light walls. So consequently, 40mm - 125mm HE need to get even higher penetration values.

However since we all know about the concept of HEAT shells, they should get a penetration value that lets them penetrate one strong wall and explode inside the building.

Not 100% realistic, but that's as close as we can get to real life with the engine I think.

Because yea, a HEAT shell would hit the wall on the outside, the HEAT mechanism would get triggered, with the jet penetrating the wall and showering the room behind that wall with molten metal.

So it should be possible to fire "through" one wall with HEAT shells, but not more.

Edit:

Oh, just noticed the new version was released. Next major update, still not fixed.

If any of the devs happen to read this and there is going to be a hotfix for something during the next days/weeks - you have the chance to make a huge Arma fan very, very happy.

Just get them big caliber HE shells the penetration values they deserve. That's all I'm asking for ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nikoteen said:

Everybody know about the Merkava APS Trophy and more interestingly,

The BIS T-100 (based on Black Eagle prototype) too has already Drozd APS modelled on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drozd

Ready to be activated by Dev.

True that. Sadly the Drozd is pretty much an obsolete system and far less effective than the modern systems like Trophy.

So for "balancing reasons" (oh boy), the T-100 probably should get something similar to the Arena APS.

However, I'm not sure if the devs will ever implement those systems. It would make killing tanks with ATGMs or RPGs extremely difficult - at least if they implement the system with realistic parameters. 

(Sorry for double post)

Early reports over on Reddit suggest even though the RC change log says ammo weight duplication was fixed, it actually currently isn't? Perhaps it reverted itself since being brought into dev?

One user says even vanilla javelin units are still overencumbered with 1.68.

34 minutes ago, pils said:

True that. Sadly the Drozd is pretty much an obsolete system and far less effective than the modern systems like Trophy.

So for "balancing reasons" (oh boy), the T-100 probably should get something similar to the Arena APS.

Afghanit, which is Armata T14 APS is said to be a modernized Drozd (the concept is therefore not that obsolete). Actually the T-14 is the child of cancelled projects T-95 and Black Eagle. The latter initially should have received Drozd or Arena. BIS made the decision for them :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pils said:

The shell will penetrate most common walls and detonate inside the building, which is great and of course absolutely realistic. Modern ammunition can be programmed to either detonate on impact, or with a programmable delay time after impact. (Additionally most ammunition types have an airburst mode at a programmable distance, but hey, I'm not even asking for something that fancy.)

You should.

Airburst ammo will be everywhere in 2035.

AGM Mod had it for the anti aircraft platform, and it was a blast (in fact I still use AGM).

So simple to use, just use the laser rangefinder to set the detonation distance. It's so simple I wonder why it couldn't be implemented for the game.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nikoteen said:

You should.

Airburst will be everywhere in 2035.

AGM Mod had it for the anti aircraft platform, and it was a blast (in fact I still use AGM).

So simple to use, just use the laser rangefinder to set the detonation distance. It's so simple I wonder why it couldn't be implemented for the game.

Ineed, we should have such a feature. 

Even e.g. the CV90 which entered service in 1993 already had such a feature.

CV90 with programmable ammuntion for the 40mm autocannon

But hey, Arma 3 was released more than 3 years ago and they just updated to version 1.68 ... and we still have such major inconsistencies and lack very basic features like penetration values for a whole range of calibers.

I still need to fire into windows and hope I'm lucky enough to hit the infantry inside the building with my tank, just like I was forced to do 3 years ago ...

Man, I fucking love Arma, I've been playing since Operation Flashpoint. I remember very well how I played Operation Flashpoint with my buddies during LAN parties lol, but it was awesome!

But then there are frustrating issues like this one and they just don't get fixed :hang:

I have plenty of pistols I never use, countless of different small arms of which maybe 3 are relevant for me and I have a super fancy diving feature nobody is using at all anyway ... and at the same time I can't even fire through a shitty little wood panel with a tank gun HE shell that weighs 19 kg and has a velocity of about 1000 m/s.

Or 70 ton tanks getting stuck at old washing machines laying around, football goals, basketball hoop poles, (some) little telegraph poles and other annoying, indestructible objects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Early reports over on Reddit suggest even though the RC change log says ammo weight duplication was fixed, it actually currently isn't? Perhaps it reverted itself since being brought into dev?

One user says even vanilla javelin units are still overencumbered with 1.68.

The fix was merged, he is talking about the progress bar at the bottom of the dialog not updating properly. Separate issue.

...javelin will fill your stamina bar even if loaded rocket is all you have on you

This is the quote from Reddit and was in reference to RHS, confirmed with vanilla afterwards. Just so everyone else knows what we're talking about.

It sounds to me like he's saying they still can't jog or run but I'll have to check (I'm not at home to look at it yet) because I have no idea what "progress bar at the bottom of the dialog not updating properly" means.

Could someone save me going through the last 100 pages or so and answer a quick question?

Are they still testing squad radar on dev? I looked for it on the latest version and dont see it. If its still there, is it not working well?

Well that sucks. Thanks for the quick reply

Back to shack it is!

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 11:27 PM, ericfr said:

Wrong text under AI icons still present
French 1.67.140151 no mode no addon, single player

When you order AI to heal someone the text appears "loin" (far, away) instead "soigner" (heal), order "inventaire"(inventory) it appears "soigner" (heal),
order "halte" (stop) appears "occupé" (busy) and problably others inversions.

Am i the only one? English version is it correct (no inversion)?

Report in Dev-branch 2 months ago.

I have this bug now in the new stable.

The Devs pay attention of ours reports or what ?

4 hours ago, ericfr said:

Report in Dev-branch 2 months ago.

I have this bug now in the new stable.

The Devs pay attention of ours reports or what ?

Hi. Sorry, this might have slipped through the cracks. Can you please PM me the Feedback Tracker issue link? I will check it personally. For more reports, please check this forum thread. Thank you.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pils said:

Or 70 ton tanks getting stuck at old washing machines laying around, football goals, basketball hoop poles, (some) little telegraph poles and other annoying, indestructible objects.

Agree.

And to me, that's the little orange runway light poles at the edge of said runway which irritates me the most. Not only can they stop tanks instantly but all planes that will come in contact too ! :(

• Like 1