17 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

You shouldn't see anything. Glass is opaque in TI. This includes helo cockpit glass. To use TI from a plane or helo, you need an external sensor pod.

Ah I see (or don't;-)) I didn't know that! - thanks Dragon01. I assume this means TI wouldn't pick up anyone behind a window in a house etc....... runs off to play around....;-)

cheers

Of course it wouldn't. In fact, TI is often used in civilian building industry to check for heat leaks. And what's the primary design concern with modern windows? Thermal insulation. Glass is used for windows precisely for the reason that it doesn't conduct heat very well, otherwise it wouldn't be much of an improvement over a plain ol' hole in the wall, wouldn't it? :)   

The latest SITREP says the new interactive tables are on the dev build but I can't even find the new commands in it? Was the whole thing reverted or something?

On 3/8/2017 at 6:47 PM, Greenfist said:

Yeah, that's what I what I was referring to. Can't use or find those ct* commands with supportInfo. I must be missing something obvious. Will double-check.

Check tomorrow, don't think they were enabled

• Like 1

Hello !

Probably already been discussed, but wouldn't that be great to have the introduction of airburst ammunition finally ?

I mean, the increased lethality of such ammo has been the primary reason of the development of 40mm caseless autocannon which notably equips the Marshall (Patria).

So iam follow  this forums the last half year becaus the 64 bit update....and a fix for the 5fps bug....

So only one question.... das any rumors exist when should the 64 stable branch go to stable branch status....?

And is the 5fps big fixed in the new release...? 

Greets

2 hours ago, ZombUncle said:

So iam follow  this forums the last half year becaus the 64 bit update....and a fix for the 5fps bug....

So only one question.... das any rumors exist when should the 64 stable branch go to stable branch status....?

And is the 5fps big fixed in the new release...? 

Greets

As far as the developers said, the update 1.68 (64-bit included) should go live this week.

https://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00188

58 minutes ago, ampersand38 said:
  • Tweaked: Wipeout sensors correspond with its TGP optics 

This change note actually relates to the sensor display on the right of the images (the "radar" display). The direction indicator cones for the visual and IR sensors now point in the direction that the targetting pod (Ctrl+RClick) is facing relative to the nose of the aircraft, rather than being fixed forward in the display. http://imgur.com/a/apyoA

The CCIP HUD indicators (impactPoint) have been available for a while, and got the numeric range indicators (impactDistance) added last week along with the removal of UI crosshairs/cursors that make the HUD overall much nicer.

Neophron, Buzzard, Kajman etc. also have CCIP in the HUD with various different graphics

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jone_kone said:

Oooh myyy... finally. Looks really good. :) 

There is also some nice ILS functionality included ;)

• Like 4

19 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

This change note actually relates to the sensor display on the right of the images (the "radar" display). The direction indicator cones for the visual and IR sensors now point in the direction that the targetting pod (Ctrl+RClick) is facing relative to the nose of the aircraft, rather than being fixed forward in the display. http://imgur.com/a/apyoA

The CCIP HUD indicators (impactPoint) have been available for a while, and got the numeric range indicators (impactDistance) added last week along with the removal of UI crosshairs/cursors that make the HUD overall much nicer.

Neophron, Buzzard, Kajman etc. also have CCIP in the HUD with various different graphics

You wouldn't happen to know where I can find like a wiki on that info? I've been watching BI add all this new awesome stuff but can't find any guide on how to implement it for the modder. 

I am disappointed by changes in starting Titan of AT. There is no way to shoot at the purpose, at small distances.

1 hour ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

You wouldn't happen to know where I can find like a wiki on that info? I've been watching BI add all this new awesome stuff but can't find any guide on how to implement it for the modder. 

The I don't think the all MFD stuff is documented yet. The added source names have been mentioned in the dev changelogs though, so can usually find them in the config when they appear.

The impactPoint and impactpointtoview (HMD variant used on the Kajman) got added here already though https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/A3_MFD_config_reference

As for the TGP indicators in the sensor display, I believe it's simply that the sensors have been changed to use animDirection="PilotCamera_V";

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Sensors

With PilotCamera_V being the name of a selection/bone that undergoes animations in the model.cfg with the pilotCameraRotX and pilotCameraRotY animation sources

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Model_Config#Animation_sources

• Like 2

4 hours ago, reyhard said:

There is also some nice ILS functionality included ;)

The new HUD additions are lovely. I see that there are target boxes added, as well. :) I hope that the white "gamey" ones are going to be removed soon. 

I think that a new AA gunnery piper is all that's missing (and a pitch ladder for Wipeout... please give it that). The best choice would probably be a director sight:
http://www.simhq.com/_air9/air_269p.html
Here's a (quite verbose) primer on how such a sight works (the previous part concerns a disturbed reticle sights and gunnery with a fixed gunsight, also a good read). Basically, it's CCIP, but instead of following the ground, the impact point is projected on a sphere centered on your aircraft and located at a the distance measured by the radar. It's easy to use, just put the circle on the target and fire.

Another option would be LCOSS, the classic "funnel" which ArmA2 aircraft tended to have. It's a bit more complicated and less reliable, but works without a target lock:
air_269a_042.jpg

The reticle assumes target's wingspan to be a given value (which is usually a pretty good approximation for fighters), so for shooting at transport planes, strategic bombers (not that we have any in vanilla game) or helos requires some fudging, but it works. Basically, you try to put the target into sight with its wingtips touching the edges of the funnel. The dots inside the funnel are calibrated and represent certain "round" ranges (exact range values vary depending on aircraft). Basically, the sight is a virtual "tracer line" you can see when shooting the gun, plus a stadiametric rangefinder.

Ideally, the guns would get the LCOSS funnel when not locked onto a target, director when locked and strafe piper (a.k.a. CCIP, what we have now) when locked onto a ground target. IRL, you can switch between them at will. The exception would be Wipeout, I don't know if the A-10 has AA gunsight modes at all (it might have something for shooting at helicopters, at least), but it probably could just use the strafe piper all the time. Helos are easy enough to nail even with a fixed sight. 

• Like 1

Any word on how the UI incremental throttle works? I took a peek at the latest devbranch build and couldn't figure it out, no new keybinds or anything as far as I could tell. There is a 9999% in the vehicle pane that I don't recall being there before, but it wasn't changing with throttle application or anything.

Just now, darkChozo said:

Any word on how the UI incremental throttle works? I took a peek at the latest devbranch build and couldn't figure it out, no new keybinds or anything as far as I could tell. There is a 9999% in the vehicle pane that I don't recall being there before, but it wasn't changing with throttle application or anything.

Just an unnecessary little silly UI element in the vehicle info with no purpose whatsoever...at this moment :)

• Like 5

If you want to have feedback on your throttle setting, try Caesar BTT. On the center MFD, the RPM gauge indicates the current throttle position.

1 hour ago, darkChozo said:

It's basically eventually going to work like the throttle does with the Heli AFM, but for fixed wing aircraft. This will make it possible to taxi a runway without shooting between dead stops and 100kph while constantly tapping the accelerate key. 

5 minutes ago, darksidesixofficial said:

It's basically eventually going to work like the throttle does with the Heli AFM, but for fixed wing aircraft. This will make it possible to taxi a runway without shooting between dead stops and 100kph while constantly tapping the accelerate key. 

You don't sound happy enough with it. Might have to roll back on that idea matey.

22 minutes ago, teabagginpeople said:

You don't sound happy enough with it. Might have to roll back on that idea matey.

Lol? I don't get your joke. But I am very pleased that proper throttle control is coming. I'm just a little disappointed that no Dynamic Loadout updates have been added since the AH-99.

• Like 1