It's great to see more UI control stuff appearing on the dev branch. They're sure to come in handy. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Random question, is it possible to disable the autobalance effects on TI. They make TI almost uselss currently, as some hot item coming into your FOV while scanning further away changes the balance such that you can now no longer see past the hot item in the foreground, and while you can adjust the gain manually IRL with TI sights, you can't in game.

• Like 3

"Added support for launchers with more fire modes". Top attack Titan AT, anyone? :) I'd be so glad if BI actually implemented that.

• Like 3

I was just coming here to ask about that line.  I wonder if that is what is meant?
Anyone go play around yet?
Also, are there more fire modes implemented for Vanilla launchers or is that support for mods to add more modes?

It was an "Engine" change, so for now, it's just support for that kind of thing. However, there's a chance that they're planning to change the vanilla launchers in the future.

Hiya - is anyone able to lock missiles after the update today? Not seeming to be able to with Titan portables or anything loaded on the blackfoot. Only DAGR from Orca seems working so far in my tests. Sensors don't seem to pick up anything either.....

Cheers

So I was basing code for a revolver off of the Zubr and I noticed something... "acc_flashlight_pistol", in it's pointer slot. I started digging and, well...

ypIyYQn.png

They're hidden atm (scope = 1) but they are there. The memory points are fixed on the flashlight, too.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, petek said:

Hiya - is anyone able to lock missiles after the update today? Not seeming to be able to with Titan portables or anything loaded on the blackfoot. Only DAGR from Orca seems working so far in my tests. Sensors don't seem to pick up anything either.....

Cheers

Yeah radar seems to be affected too nothing is showing up on their screens and the damn missiles wont lock on. Nothing shows on the rwr of planes either when there is an active radar

Hi,

I don't know where to go with this so i'll try it here.

I am getting stuck in the part where the people wait to get spawned.

This is what changed since the server did restart.

I was playing alone today and member of a 3 men group.

I was not the person who created the group.

Today, I invited another player into the group. After restart we can not join the server anymore.

As I heard this bug is since the new group system came. Maybe this helps you out.

I hope to hear from you.

Thanks in advance

Fons

20 minutes ago, GoodBusyGaming said:

the new group system

The new group system?

Sounds more like an issue with a mission than the game itself?

• Like 1

"Sometimes it's useful to discuss updates to the Steam Development branch in one centralized place. Let's use this thread for that."

This thread should encompass discussions based on development branch rather then specific error from altis life mod.

So you should probably contact the author of mod to fix mod problem. BIS does not develop altis life.

You should clarify what do you mean by new group menu. Is that one developed by altis life mod groupp or BIS group management.

• Like 1

what is this?

• Added: support for launchers with more fire modes 

top down javelin mode?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sammael said:

what is this?

• Added: support for launchers with more fire modes 

top down javelin mode?

No. It's support for the possible addition of multi-modes on launchers. 

like  a drop all bombs from jet at the same time?

Handheld launchers. :) That basically means that mods can implement a top-down Javelin. I hope BIS will do that, but there's been no word on that.

this has nothing to do with topdown something. It just means you can make other firing modes with different sound,  velocity etc properties and also different AI settings (many firing modes in config are exclusive for AI usage).

You could make a multi rocket launcher ala Unreal tournament shooting 3 rockets at once or one after another with that. Guidance logic is a totally different game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, x3kj said:

You could make a multi rocket launcher ala Unreal tournament shooting 3 rockets at once or one after another with that. Guidance logic is a totally different game

RPG 30 is coming:uzi:

88ce779d046e.jpg

4 hours ago, x3kj said:

this has nothing to do with topdown something. It just means you can make other firing modes with different sound,  velocity etc properties and also different AI settings (many firing modes in config are exclusive for AI usage).

Can't guidance logic be changed on a per-firemode basis? This is the most logical use of the feature, maybe aside from adding AI-exclusive firing modes to refine their launcher usage. Stuff like RPG-30 or various multi-barrel launchers is of limited utility at best. 

7 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Can't guidance logic be changed on a per-firemode basis?

You can set what can or can't be locked onto but you cannot switch between guidance types with just fire modes alone. Guidance is defined by the munitions' CfgAmmo entry itself.

hi - anyone else noticed problems using the Thermal mode of the ENVG 11 googles as a pilot? I've equipped these in the Blackfoot and hot images are not showing up in first person (they do in third person and command view) - Cheers

You shouldn't see anything. Glass is opaque in TI. This includes helo cockpit glass. To use TI from a plane or helo, you need an external sensor pod.

• Like 1