1 hour ago, KoalaDSK said:

I second that. Auto-FOV is a bad choice. Sometimes you just can't read the displays in cockpits if you fly or drive with maximum speed. A bad solution of simulating speed.

I second that too. And i dont even have TrackIR. Its just a bad system overall. Using Auto-FOV based on acceleration would make some sence at least - so when you accelerate a lot it increases (conveying the feeling that you get "pushed back" somewhat), but when flying/driving at constant speed it needs to normalize again, so that you can read stuff and so on. Still, i would much prefer an option to disable it entirely. I could imagine that it would make you even more motion sick in VR

• Like 6

On the current dev branch today. when in the full screen targeting pod. using the key function N to scroll through flir options. it was setting the 3rd person game settings to night .so coming out of the pod you are in night vision.

anyone else or is it something overlooked.

edit

Also crash when in editor. switching unit from guy on the ground to guy in a10. then back to guy in ground. causes crash. can someone else test this.

On 6.2.2017 at 4:47 PM, pansyfaust said:

Tweaked: Continued Ambient Occlusion improvements on structures (more Intel in an upcoming SITREP) 

Is it possible to look into the visual bug with HBAO+ with multishader materials as a part of this ambient occlusion improvement?

https://a.pomf.cat/vxrwtt.jpg

can you please elaborate more? i'm not sure i see the issue in that picture because i don't know what i'm looking for. i know it's probably obvious to you but it's no to someone not knowing the background. that might help getting it fixed now that they are working on it,

6 minutes ago, bad benson said:

can you please elaborate more? i'm not sure i see the issue in that picture because i don't know what i'm looking for. i know it's probably obvious to you but it's no to someone not knowing the background. that might help getting it fixed now that they are working on it,

It is "lit up" while the rest of the underside is in shadow.

• Like 1

wait. actually i see something now. is the little cam dome half transparent or am i crazy?

• Like 1

yup - experiencing this across the board - mods are affected as well.

This issue has been popping up and disappearing for some time now.

Settings are:

DEV 1.69.140280 64-bit

FSAA x2 - other settings maxed

Win10; GTX970; i7; 8GB RAM; up-to-date drivers

B430F559B06BB49E89673A96D0730697BC5538AA

forcenotalpha=1 property lacks in geometry LOD of the reworked objects propably. You could confirm that when it happens only for objects that have alpha textures (transparency)

its just a nvidia issue.... they have been having driver issues for awhile...

I dont even have the option as SSAO, it is now just AO... This is a North American version of the game. 

Dynamic Loadout, in other words, i'm anticipating the ability to change the munitions on Aircraft via. some form of menu. So instead of the Buzzard carrying two bombs and some AA, i can change the Loadout to Rocket pods instead. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, darksidesixofficial said:

Dynamic Loadout, in other words, i'm anticipating the ability to change the munitions on Aircraft via. some form of menu. So instead of the Buzzard carrying two bombs and some AA, i can change the Loadout to Rocket pods instead. 

KXjR64N.jpg

• Like 7

So the only thing left now would be the ability to change load out next to an Ammunition Truck. Unless that's already in, i'm still switching to Dev Branch just to try it.

Looks splendid. Though I hope we will also be able to change the number of rounds for the main cannon.

Also, I guess having that feature for jets could mean we get something similar for tanks.

3 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Looks splendid. Though I hope we will also be able to change the number of rounds for the main cannon.

Also, I guess having that feature for jets could mean we get something similar for tanks.

It would be amazing to expand this for a number of vehicles, but i'm curious how far ir can go. I'm not ure they'll be able to change the actual weapon, in other words, i was thinking about maybe a Loadout system for the MRAP's, being able to change from HMG/GMG to something like a 4x ATGM kit or something. But that's probably more complicated and would require changing the actual vehicle model, or part of it. Not sure how the current system works, but it's super promising.

1 hour ago, darksidesixofficial said:

I wonder how that is implemented ? In CUP, we have the pylons empty (no pre-built weapons in the model) and use proxies to load any weapon on any pylon, so I hope we can adapt our vehicles to that new system

• Like 4

Holy Balls! Almost skipped that change! Shouldn't that be marked bold?

• Like 1

Nice addition to the jets, makes Tank hunt very easy....

c7aca995f7e37762a8e520cce5e75ec6.jpg

Would be nice to see the option to load it with no weapons attached and even ported to the little bird perhaps.

@Varanon Seems to be a config change were pylons are defined as components with hardpoints and their attachments defined for each pylon:

4bbd3978f66c9c3aef5164b651e5d0ce.png

• Like 6

Each pylon obviously needs to be limited to certain weapons. I assume devs already working on implementing that?

14 minutes ago, Brisse said:

Each pylon obviously needs to be limited to certain weapons. I assume devs already working on implementing that?

Yes it's already in - each pylon (CfgVehicles) seems to be able to take a pylon rack (CfgMagazines) which takes an Ammo type (CfgAmmo). You can't mix and match ammo types on a pylon rack though. IE there is a 1x Macer pylon rack and a 3x Macer rack you can't put 2 Macers and a Falcion on a rack.

• Like 1

Limitations of what munitions can go on which hardpoints seem to be by maxweight at the moment -  each 'pylonRack' magazine class has a corresponding mass value that I guess stops it fitting the hardpoint if it exceeds maxweight.

The pylonRack magazine classes have a number of interesting new parameters

Spoiler

class PylonRack_1Rnd_Missile_AGM_02_F : 6Rnd_Missile_AGM_02_F {
		displayNameShort = "1x Macer";
		model = "\A3\Weapons_F\DynamicLoadout\PylonPod_1x_Missile_AGM_02_F.p3d";
		count = 1;
		hardpoints[] = {B_BOMB_PYLON};
		pylonWeapon = "Missile_AGM_02_Plane_CAS_01_F";
		mass = 361;
	};

class PylonRack_3Rnd_Missile_AGM_02_F : PylonRack_1Rnd_Missile_AGM_02_F {
		displayNameShort = "3x Macer";
		model = "\A3\Weapons_F\DynamicLoadout\PylonPod_3x_Missile_AGM_02_F.p3d";
		count = 3;
		mirrorMissilesIndexes[] = {2, 1, 3};
		mass = 1020;
	};

You'll notice that things like the Falchion and 3x Macer have a unique pylon that loads visually on to the aircaft hardpoints, with the missiles attached to the pylon. And that the missiles deplete from these pylons when fired (Shrieker rocket pods have visible warheads for separate AT and HE types too).

Will be interesting to learn how this is done now, since it required separate magazines for the pylons/pods and corresponding missiles/bombs/rockets, plus tons of extra proxies in the aircraft model before. But now it's clearly done via a single magazine and associated 'PylonPod' model

I suspect also that the hardpoints[] array that appears in both the pylons config above in @flax_ post, and the magazines config, will be used at some point to categorise which munitions can be loaded on to specific hardpoints through the attributes UI. At a minimum for defining sides (e.g. OPFOR munitions defined for O_BOMB_PYLON wont be available for BLUFOR aircraft).

But currently all the available munitions for the Wipeout belong to the B_BOMB_PYLON set

• Like 4

4 hours ago, danil-ch said:

Crazy recoil!

That's not recoil, your soldier is just shaking his head of fun.