10 hours ago, sammael said:

So many fixes and updates but still no fix for  BIGest helicopter altitude bug, when pilots become crazy at altitude higher than 400-500

Is there a bug ticket?

On 28.01.2017 at 2:44 PM, Vasily.B said:

I would love to see this in game options. Not evry missions can be edited on the fly (workshop, campaigns).

With a simple script, packed in pbo. format; and the problem disappears. 

18 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

Is there a bug ticket?

I'm not the guy you're asking but I think so. Mad_Cheese if I recall made a video demonstrating it actually and it's pretty nuts. I'll see if I can find it but I don't recall at all where he posted it.

EDIT: And it's not on his YouTube. :( I'll see if I can find the post.

18 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

Is there a bug ticket?

Yes.  by  Mad_Cheese 

• Like 1

Just now, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Can you find the ticket?

I didn`t search Bis bugtracker for now

• Like 1

Not sure if related to the "high altitude" issue with helicopters, but the Falcon drone also behaves very oddly at higher altitudes. Here's a demo video, it became a little longer than desired, but it shows the issue very clearly.

• Like 1

Requesting an easy MP optimization tweak

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123069

Allowing designers to disable the "initPlayerServer.sqf" event script, since it calls BIS_fnc_MP every time a client joins the server. Many of us don't use this script, and don't need this remote execution.

Its a one-liner tweak, changing this:

if !(isDedicated) then {
				[player,didJIP] execvm "initPlayerLocal.sqf";
				[[[player,didJIP],"initPlayerServer.sqf"],"bis_fnc_execvm",false,false] call bis_fnc_mp;
				"initPlayerLocal.sqf" call bis_fnc_logFormat;
				"initPlayerServer.sqf" call bis_fnc_logFormat;
			};

to this:

if !(isDedicated) then {
				[player,didJIP] execvm "initPlayerLocal.sqf";
				if ((getMissionConfigValue ["initplayerserver",1]) isEqualTo 1) then {
					[[[player,didJIP],"initPlayerServer.sqf"],"bis_fnc_execvm",false,false] call bis_fnc_mp;
				};
				"initPlayerLocal.sqf" call bis_fnc_logFormat;
				"initPlayerServer.sqf" call bis_fnc_logFormat;
			};

which allows us to disable it via description.ext

// description.ext
initplayerserver = 0;  // 0 - disabled, 1 - enabled (default - 1)

• Like 3

Testing last night. Showcases. The Mortar system is broken in support showcase. After requesting 4 rounds each time only 1 will drop. All Ai Radio chats have static through them. Above might be noted. Easy reproduction just play showcase. 

• Like 1

• Fixed: AI would refuse to shoot at air targets with some type of ammunition (9x21mm, .45ACP, .50BW, 5.56x45, 5.45x39, 7.62x39, 5.8x42) 

Isn't it intentional to have AI infantry ignore air targets - otherwise they get confused like tanks (non AA) can as air has higher prio and in the meantime the AI gets killed by ground forces.

Since your tightening up eventhandlers can we get more love to naming grenades and bombs as methods of death rather than "Put" and "Throw". That just feels woefully unpolished and pretty immersion killing.

Hi guys, I was wondering if this is a feature and intended or if it's a bug? Is it still on Dev branch? 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121950

What's happening is, RHS, 3CB (etc) units that carry a Javelin or any heavy gear are over encumbered by default. I talked briefly with the devs for 3CB and they don't know if this is a feature they need to adjust to or a bug that will eventually be corrected? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Hi guys, I was wondering if this is a feature and intended or if it's a bug? Is it still on Dev branch? 

What's happening is, RHS, 3CB (etc) units that carry a Javelin or any heavy gear are over encumbered by default. I talked briefly with the devs for 3CB and they don't know if this is a feature they need to adjust to or a bug that will eventually be corrected? 

They need to adjust their loadouts accordingly, or the weight of the items.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, R3vo said:

They need to adjust their loadouts accordingly, or the weight of the items.

So this is a feature and definitely not something that needs to be "fixed?" I looked through the recent changelogs and don't see this mentioned. I'll certainly pass this along to the appropriate mod devs, but can anyone confirm a changlog entry for this first? I don't see why they'd take my word for it otherwise.

It feels like a bug TBH!

8 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

Testing last night. Showcases. The Mortar system is broken in support showcase. After requesting 4 rounds each time only 1 will drop. All Ai Radio chats have static through them. Above might be noted. Easy reproduction just play showcase. 

On 13.12.2016 at 11:54 PM, kill mig said:

Artillery Support module is broken - only one round can be fired. "commandArtilleryFire" doesn't work correctly too.

So..They will never fix this.

• Like 1

In regards to the weight of the units- the encumbered is caused by the weight of any loaded AT being at the normal weight of the round when unloaded, and then increasing when the launcher is loaded- you can see this by looking at your weight bar before the AT round is loaded into the launcher, and then afterwards- the weight of the rocket/round is increased by 1/3rd to half when in the weapon. 

This is reproducible even in vanilla (without any mods at all, with PCML, Titan AT, Titan AA, RPG32 that I've tested) at the moment, but affects mods like TF47, RHS, CUP as well. 

• Like 2

Thanks Jarrad96. But I don't get it. Is it a bug or a feature?

EDIT: Thanks for the PM Jarrad96. I see now that it's a bug. Not really sure what you were talking about R3vo. Anyway, thanks guys. Hopefully this gets fixed for the Tanks DLC or infantry will be at a big disadvantage.

9 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Anyone who has ever carried a MAAW's/84mm in real life, along with 2 rounds, plus all their normal gear, weapons and ammo knows how it feels to be encumbered with the weight, it's damn near impossible to run with the stuff too, back in my days, we didn't have Tactical Vests, nor body armour either, so when I see video's of guys wearing all the RHS gear, and an MAAWS moving about at the same speed as a regular infantryman, it makes me cringe, as it's bollocks, that shit is heavy in real life!!

It's simple physiology, NOBODY back in my time wanted to carry the 84MM for a fucking good reason!! :smileee:

I wish we had the MAAWS M4 back in those days, as it weighs only 3,1KG, is this version available in any addons by the way?
I had to lug the old 8.5KG bad boy many's a times, and with almost another 7KG's in 2 rounds, as I said, it's heavy.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, road runner said:

yeay heavy

But to answer the question, ammo loaded gets doubled. Easy to test. Start with empty tube, pull a round from your backpack, load ,and the round just doubled in weight.

• Like 1

I'm not saying that the launchers need to be be lighter, but that your weight suddenly increases by a considerable amount (In the MAAWS/Carl-Gustav example, 4 additional KG's appears magically when the weapon is loaded, and disappears when unloaded)

Does the weight get transferred from your backpack to your person/launcher? you would think that the weight is your overall weight fully loaded ? I need to have a look at this myself, as I've always found the AT guys struggled.

Maybe we can think of it in terms of a missile being less unwieldy to carry when packed neatly into a satchel as opposed to being inside of a giant tube with optics poking out the side slung over your shoulder.

No, it's strange, the weight just appears when you load the AT, and drains stamina/ weight bar, but you can unload the AT and the weight returns to the normal value. It doesn't seem to be applied as an actual inventory slot item or invisible weight in your backpack or anything. 

Examples(using ACE for the weight, it's not an ACE bug and happens in vanilla)

MAAWS from TF47 Mod- Loaded weight with 1x HEAT round and Assault pack- 17.4 KG

MAAWS from TF47 Mod- Unloaded weight with 1x HEAT round in the Assault pack- 13.4 KG

RPG-7 (Apex) Loaded- 8.16. Unloaded- 6.35 KG

Titan Compact with 1x AT Loaded- 13.97 Unloaded- 9.43 KG

RPG-32 with 1x AT Loaded- 9.34 Unloaded- 6.62 KG

I have a totally blank unit apart from the AT, 1 round, and pack, no uniform, map or any other item. 

Important EDIT-

Seems to apply to primary weapons as well, or at least the Marksman DLC MMG's. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jarrad96 said:

@jwllorens - It's the reverse, you are heavier when loaded, not unloaded. 

I think that is what I said.  Heavier when the tube has a missile in it.  Not as heavy when the tube is unloaded, and the missile neatly packed in a backpack.  Or, instead of heavy, "unwieldy."  But I've never carried a pack full of missiles nor a launcher, so I dunno.  I suppose I'm just fishing for a reason why gaining load equivalent to half the weight of a missile after loading it into the launcher doesn't bother me.

20 minutes ago, jwllorens said:

I think that is what I said.  Heavier when the tube has a missile in it.  Not as heavy when the tube is unloaded, and the missile neatly packed in a backpack.  Or, instead of heavy, "unwieldy."  But I've never carried a pack full of missiles nor a launcher, so I dunno.  I suppose I'm just fishing for a reason why gaining load equivalent to half the weight of a missile after loading it into the launcher doesn't bother me.

Well technically if you carried the round, you're still the same weight loaded or unloaded, the overall mass remains the same, what does happen is the gross weight of the weapon increases, once loaded, same with any weapons platform, if you're carrying for example the AT weapon and 2 rounds, your gross weight shouldn't change if you load a round into it, the weight is still on your person, however as soon as you fire, you should be 3KG's lighter or whatever the weight of the round was, as that's no longer on your person.

The players gross weight shouldn't change at all until you remove an item/ammo etc. What might be happening here is that an algorithm might be trying to compensate for the increase in the WEAPONs weight, but to do this, which makes sense when you think about it, it's adding to the players overall weight as well.

• Like 1