2 hours ago, Variable said:

Can we please have the cursor locked to the Arma window? Lots of players have a multi-screen setup and getting alt tabbed out in the middle of a firefight is a thing now, because sometimes the cursor will wonder off the screen, a click will be made and hoopla, we are out of the game staring at our desktop. It's a shame we need to use applications like this one to prevent that.

Logged this back in 2013 - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T63442

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Variable said:

The activation range for the "open backpack" action is too far from the actual backpack. Ideally, it should be possible to access a unit's backpack from its back or sides only, and from a distance not greater than half a meter.

One of the most annoying actions ever. Especially when moving in a column formation...

• Like 2

It would be a big help if the video settings window could be moveable so i can move it off to one side and alter settings more on the fly rather than having to either minimise it down or go back into game to see the results. Some of the other windows in game are.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2017 at 6:15 PM, R3vo said:

Any update on the following issue? If I remember correctly you wanted to look into it, but I haven't heard about it since. It's really atrocious, to a point where I usually disable clutter completely when editing.

As the video shows, paning or rotating the camera does not cause the clutter to flicker, only moving via WASD and mouse wheel does.

That is what i was experiencing-except not in the editor-I was experiencing it in game. Whenever i try to use the 64bitexe all the grass and trees in game flickers and shakes-it's unbearable. Happens on Altis and on CUP islands as well.

I have not gone back to 64bit since because of it-it may have been fixed as I have not tried it in a couple of weeks.

12 hours ago, Ray Solar said:

It would be a big help if the video settings window could be moveable so i can move it off to one side and alter settings more on the fly rather than having to either minimise it down or go back into game to see the results. Some of the other windows in game are.

Just like in OFP.....

When starting the diag.exe I am getting the following error. Has anyone else got this issue?

v8hPqRm.png

15 hours ago, R3vo said:

When starting the diag.exe I am getting the following error. Has anyone else got this issue?

v8hPqRm.png

Tried it, no luck :( perhaps game cache verification might help?

Just now, razazel said:

Tried it, no luck :( perhaps game cache verification might help?

Will try that, thanks!

2 hours ago, R3vo said:

Will try that, thanks!

Actually, it seems like there is some addon mixed in as Arma 3 doesn't have any such animation

• Like 1

On 25.07.2016 at 11:24 PM, danil-ch said:

Speaking of Showcases... It would be nice to remove second table at the firing range in NATO Showcase.

Still not fixed.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, danil-ch said:

Still not fixed.

=====================================================================

Hello, thanks for the report, but it should have been already fixed:
missions_f_gamma.pbo - 110425

I had fixed it time ago, but there were some changes afterwards leading to reverting my fixes.

Sorry to be vocal but it's astonishing to see that BI is fixing such a small issue (in term of impact on the game, # of time the issue is appearing) when we can't have things that are anoying daily like the island list sorted alphabetically or a white background in the editor, not even talking about major issues like AI driving or visual upgrade consequences.

On ‎23‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 0:46 PM, pettka said:

Actually, it seems like there is some addon mixed in as Arma 3 doesn't have any such animation

For some reason the diag exe loads with some mods by default. Sorry for the false bug report.

16 minutes ago, 1212PDMCDMPPM said:

Sorry to be vocal but it's astonishing to see that BI is fixing such a small issue (in term of impact on the game, # of time the issue is appearing) when we can't have things that are anoying daily like the island list sorted alphabetically or a white background in the editor, not even talking about major issues like AI driving or visual upgrade consequences.

Small bugs are bugs too and they are often fixed quite easily. The issues you describe are far more complex,e.g., AI driving.

• Tweaked: The "Fire at that medic" radio protocol sentence replaced with a more generic sentence (e.g. "Fire at that soldier.") was removed due to unexpected sandbox issues 

I'm curious, will we ever get to know about those unexpected sandbox issues?

3 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Small bugs are bugs too and they are often fixed quite easily. The issues you describe are far more complex,e.g., AI driving.

I know that. That's why I first listed super small bugs like sorting the island list. It's probably a one comman fix.

Just now, ImperialAlex said:
  • Tweaked: The "Fire at that medic" radio protocol sentence replaced with a more generic sentence (e.g. "Fire at that soldier.") was removed due to unexpected sandbox issues 

I'm curious, will we ever get to know about those unexpected sandbox issues?

:D Incorrect reporting of friendly medics. We may try to take different approach.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 1212PDMCDMPPM said:

I know that. That's why I first listed super small bugs like sorting the island list. It's probably a one comman fix.

This was discussed a few month ago and apparently sorting the islands is not that easy. And lets be honest, how many maps do you have that you need them to be sorted?

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm?

using the following command for first time and seems broken?

surfaceType

when I test in altis or tanoa, when I'm on asphalt roads, it reports dirt roads for example.  Anyone else seeing this?  I'll open a ticket if so.  Want to make sure I am using it right

repo;

go into editor and place unit

-use alt+right click to move to road location

-run command in debug console: _surfacetype = surfacetype position player;

hint format ["%1",_surfacetype ];

thanks

24 minutes ago, R3vo said:

This was discussed a few month ago and apparently sorting the islands is not that easy. And lets be honest, how many maps do you have that you need them to be sorted?

Sorry, I missed this discussion. Probably about 25 islands, not sure and can't verify at the moment (CUP Terrains has 15 islands, based on their web site). Anyway, we're derailing the topic. My point is: coding time should be spent on more important issues than a misplaced table on a demo mission. The game has more important bugs to fix.

1 hour ago, R3vo said:

For some reason the diag exe loads with some mods by default. Sorry for the false bug report.

But self expanding unit list list in EDEN editor?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119278

Thats small and easy issue, but somehow they didnt seen it. Developers, please take a look at it.

On 18.01.2017 at 11:36 PM, kill mig said:

WY-55 is broken and completely useless for more than ten months - nobody cares. On the other hand: the "Fire at that medic" radio protocol sentence was replaced with a more generic sentence (e.g. "Fire at that soldier.") - this is very important, we can not deny it.

24-01-2017  The "Fire at that medic" radio protocol sentence replaced with a more generic sentence (e.g. "Fire at that soldier.") was removed due to unexpected sandbox issues 

What an irony :face_palm:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Vasily.B said:

But self expanding unit list list in EDEN editor?

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119278

Thats small and easy issue, but somehow they didnt seen it. Developers, please take a look at it.

Have you stopped to consider that what might be small and easy for you to say, isn't on their list of priority fixes? Once again you're sailing close to the wind Vasily, with your assumptions about the dev team, how do you know they haven't seen it? I was told last year, there's only a couple of guys left working on all these issues, that's quite an incredible workload just for a couple of guys.

They will have a list of what can be fixed quickly, and what requires time, I know which ones I'd be concentrating on, if like you, I was a coder.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, road runner said:

Have you stopped to consider that what might be small and easy for you to say, isn't on their list of priority fixes? Once again you're sailing close to the wind Vasily, with your assumptions about the dev team, how do you know they haven't seen it? I was told last year, there's only a couple of guys left working on all these issues, that's quite an incredible workload just for a couple of guys.

They will have a list of what can be fixed quickly, and what requires time, I know which ones I'd be concentrating on, if like you, I was a coder.

Need a whole separate studio to Keep up with oul Vaisly. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jcae2798 said:

Can anyone confirm?

using the following command for first time and seems broken?

surfaceType

when I test in altis or tanoa, when I'm on asphalt roads, it reports dirt roads for example.  Anyone else seeing this?  I'll open a ticket if so.  Want to make sure I am using it right

repo;

go into editor and place unit

-use alt+LEFTclick to move to road locations

-run command in debug console: _surfacetype = surfacetype position player;

hint format ["%1",_surfacetype ];

thanks

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T123023

• Like 1

• Added: Pressing the ESC key in Splendid Camera now opens the Pause Menu. To exit the camera, click on the "CLOSE" button there. 

When I press esc, it has the CLOSE (SPLENDID CAMERA) button, but clicking it exits the cam and also opens up the abort mission dialog window (which seems unintended/counter-intuitive).

Testing on MP locally hosted.

edit:  I just tried clicking on the exit game button (yes) and it does nothing other than close the dialog window (so seems like a redundant menu to me).