the SDAR is missing or cannot load the rfb_nohq.paa in previous and current dev build

3 hours ago, R3vo said:

That's awesome!

@R3vo, where was that printed?  I can't find it in the DB changelog.  Thanks.

16 minutes ago, das attorney said:

@R3vo, where was that printed?  I can't find it in the DB changelog.  Thanks.

Sometimes the recent changes on the Wiki provides more information than the changelog

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Group

• Like 1

I'd be interested to know why there even is a group limit.
But awesomesauce for doubling it :)

16 minutes ago, h - said:

I'd be interested to know why there even is a group limit.

We may never know

Very nice with the Deleted event handler, thanks :)

Can this be an EntityDeleted mission event handler, and also an event handler that can attach to an object? If I had to choose I would go for the EntityDeleted mission event.

Important also that in the event code we should be able to use getVariable on the entity being deleted.

Regarding the groups stuff, after a brief convo on the Discord, we agreed the new group deletion stuff should be also integrated into the official remains collector, so the remains collector would handle wrecks, corpses and groups.

Ideally the remains collector should be configurable to handle:

- Wrecks

- Corpses

- Groups

- Craters

- Weapon Holders (including WeaponHolderSimulated).

^ The weapon holders management is absolutely necessary if you want the official remains collector to be adopted by community modes, else we have to run a separate cleanup thread to handle them, and then its just easier to run one scripted thread to handle everything and disable the official remains collector.

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed issues with the deletevehicle command being a bit flaky since the deleted eventhandler was introduced?

In the last couple of days I've had a number of scripts of mine that rely on deleting entities start exhibiting sporadic weird behaviours, the worst of which is deletevehicle on an entity deleting the fact that it's an entity, but not deleting the actual object, which itself then becomes undeletable. It's not something that I can reliably reproduce but it is guaranteed to happen after a minute or two.

Similarly I have scripts that rely on spawning emitters, for effects such as raindrops, stop working because the emitters are no longer being deleted appropriately.

EDIT:

Here's some code showing some additional weird behaviour. After spawning and deleting a number of civs, their invisible  models persist.

tpw_test_array = [];
for "_i" from 1 to 20 do
{
_sqname = creategroup civilian;
_civ = _sqname createUnit ["C_man_shorts_2_F_afro",position player, [], 0, "FORM"]; 
tpw_test_array pushback _civ;
};
{
deletevehicle _x;
} foreach tpw_test_array;
hint str (player nearentities 50);

I had a problem with invisible units recently. It wasn't related to deleteVehicle though, and I couldn't pin down what was causing it. I had a Marshall with four AI grouped to it, who were placed in its cargo. The Marshall had an unload waypoint. Everything was working fine until yesterday, for no apparent reason, the units disembarking at the unload waypoint would become invisible. I'd see them on the map, hear their voices, see their footprints, and be able to highlight their IFF tags. Initially I thought it was something to do with the vehicle being hidden until it was needed, but I removed all code related to that vehicle and the problem persisted. I also tried using hideObject false on them after they disembarked, but that didn't work. I copied the vehicle and its waypoint, and the duplicate units were visible when they got out. I ended up just deleting the Marshall and replacing it with another, which solved the problem.

5 hours ago, tpw said:

Has anyone else noticed issues with the deletevehicle command being a bit flaky since the deleted eventhandler was introduced?

In the last couple of days I've had a number of scripts of mine that rely on deleting entities start exhibiting sporadic weird behaviours, the worst of which is deletevehicle on an entity deleting the fact that it's an entity, but not deleting the actual object, which itself then becomes undeletable. It's not something that I can reliably reproduce but it is guaranteed to happen after a minute or two.

Similarly I have scripts that rely on spawning emitters, for effects such as raindrops, stop working because the emitters are no longer being deleted appropriately.

EDIT:

Here's some code showing some additional weird behaviour. After spawning and deleting a number of civs, their invisible  models persist.

tpw_test_array = [];
for "_i" from 1 to 20 do
{
_sqname = creategroup civilian;
_civ = _sqname createUnit ["C_man_shorts_2_F_afro",position player, [], 0, "FORM"]; 
tpw_test_array pushback _civ;
};
{
deletevehicle _x;
} foreach tpw_test_array;
hint str (player nearentities 50);

Vehicle deletion happens on the next frame, this was the case even in A2. I have added note to description https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/deleteVehicle
Please read it and report if you experience other weird behaviour different from described in the note. Situation described in your repro is normal especially if you execute it in debug console and it all happens within 1 frame.

Thanks killzone. The code in the repro can indeed be made to delete things properly if I insert a sleep 0.02 after the deletevehicle.

However the issues with the deletevehicle command occasionally deleting the entity but not its model definitely remain.

1 hour ago, tpw said:

Thanks killzone. The code in the repro can indeed be made to delete things properly if I insert a sleep 0.02 after the deletevehicle.

However the issues with the deletevehicle command occasionally deleting the entity but not its model definitely remain.

Without repro this is pretty much anyone's guess. Maybe you can logEntities when this happens?

I think it might be related to the new creategroup command. Deleting units from large groups can lead to the issue, if I assign every unit to its own group then the issue goes away. I'll work on it more and come up with a repro.

59 minutes ago, tpw said:

I think it might be related to the new creategroup command. Deleting units from large groups can lead to the issue, if I assign every unit to its own group then the issue goes away. I'll work on it more and come up with a repro.

Reproed

15 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

Still no speed indicator =/

Edit:

The preview pictures in the field manual have no texture, moreover, navigating through the field manual has become very laggy for me, e.g., there is a noticeable delay when selecting a new entry.

• Tweaked: Added built-in GPS and radio into all tanks, APCs, MRAPs and boats (except rubber boats) 

With this tweak finally i'm able to use GPS as a driver in tank?

• Like 1

Tweaked: Added built-in GPS and radio into all tanks, APCs, MRAPs and boats (except rubber boats) 

5 minutes ago, danczer said:

I'm more interested in the radio! does this hint to proper radio-communication implementation or is it something much more simple?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, twistking said:

I'm more interested in the radio! does this hint to proper radio-communication implementation or is it something much more simple?

Much more simple I suppose. Although I wasn't able to open a radio from within a tank.

40 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Still no speed indicator =/

Just a note - the GPS display elements are currently WIP.
We don't have much space to add more info - why would you like to have speed indic. there? It's already available in vehicle info and on foot it doesn't seem important enough to indicate it.

26 minutes ago, danczer said:

Yes, you'll have a GPS even if you don't have the item in the inventory.

18 minutes ago, twistking said:

Simple and not likely to be noticed. Similarly to GPS if you don't have the item you'll be able to see and hear radio chat once inside a vehicle.

• Like 3

Tweaked: Turning main turrets of armored vehicles no longer starts the engine

Small change with potentially significant gameplay changes, when considering concealed armour targets and Anti Air. Nice!

• Getting an exception error crash when starting the Blackfoot engine.
  • Getting Missing Texture and error on the CSAT (Pacific) UAV (Fenghuang) in the Editor.
  • Like 1

Someone else has told me they have witnessed AI units being invisible after disembarking from a vehicle, so it's not just me. Still haven't nailed the cause. In this video I repro'd it by changing the vehicle to something else in the editor (also happens with trucks):

Other editor weirdness not shown:

Units in cargo appearing to sit on top of the vehicle

My character being unable to move on mission start or after restarting

• Like 1

Found a bug in GPS module - road disappears if you reach over 187kmph. Also is there any way/keybind to enlarge/diminish the GPS window? To cover bigger portion of the screen so you could see bigger way ahead without actually having to open the whole map.

Also a side note - turning turrets in modded vehicles still get their engine turned on. So it's not a global modification I guess?

14 hours ago, oukej said:

Just a note - the GPS display elements are currently WIP.
We don't have much space to add more info - why would you like to have speed indic. there? It's already available in vehicle info and on foot it doesn't seem important enough to indicate it.

Well, I hoped the vehicle info would also be integrated into the custom info display.

I've already suggested that here.

We don't have much space to add more info

One could argue that displaying the time is even less important since in 99.99% of all missions the player has a watch, whereas he has no instrument to see how fast he's traveling.

Moreover, if space really is a concern, then it's maybe time to rethink the GUI and leave some space for modders and/or furture improvements/additions etc.?