8 hours ago, themaster303 said:

is trackir not working ? i cant get my trackir to work.

otherwise its great. looking forward to the new 64bit area, and future enfusion engine!

Don't worry If it is only on Dev branch.  It should be fine when version goes  stable.

5 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

Don't worry If it is only on Dev branch.  It should be fine when version goes  stable.

i know , just wanted to know if others have also the problem. i can´t play arma without trackir anymore ;)

a question to the devs. is the networkcode also 64bit ? as we have seen what is possible in star citizen with a 64bit networkcode.

walking inside flying / driving vehicles. would be so cool !

6 hours ago, road runner said:

Thanks mate, I already found that and also found out that my game controller was causing the crash as well.

What do you mean by game controller causing a crash? Can you elaborate more so the devs can fix it?

Does anyone know if all mods will need to be ported over to support 64-bit, similar to how it is in Skyrim SE?

11 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

What do you mean by game controller causing a crash? Can you elaborate more so the devs can fix it?

Okay, it's baffled me as well, but here goes, I have a game controller that's pretty much the same as an x-box, it doesn't get recognised in the USB 3 ports on my PC, so it went into a standard USB 2 slot, and it worked just fine in Arma, and also ATS and ETS (truck simulators)

So when I seen the 64 bit exe in the update, I double clicked to launch...........crash

Went into my ArmA3sync and navigated to the 64 bit exe .................fucking crash again

tried umpteen times ..........crashed every time.

Posted my issues on another thread, and Greenfist suggested trying it through the game launcher direct... had to be helped to find that location.

Tried again..........crash, posted the crash log with no addons at all, and Greenfist noticed a controller error..

For whatever reason, the 64 bit exe doesn't like my controller, which is odd, as I use it on the 64 bit exe for European Truck Simulator, and it works perfect there.

So........ I'm stumped, it works fine and dandy with 32 bit...

Also with the 64 bit exe neither ACE, nor ALiVE work :wink_o:

I use a controller myself, actually. Xpadder is the program. FWIW I also need to use Logitech Setpoint software running in the background as well to edit some of my k+m settings.

Whats the program you're running? 

Bummer about ALiVE and ACE. As if those guys don't have enough to do as it is. :) It'll be worth it though.

• Like 1

started 64bit up no issue, loaded up tanoa and did a little fly by in a chopper, everything works smooth for me

3 hours ago, themaster303 said:

i know , just wanted to know if others have also the problem. i can´t play arma without trackir anymore ;)

a question to the devs. is the networkcode also 64bit ? as we have seen what is possible in star citizen with a 64bit networkcode.

walking inside flying / driving vehicles. would be so cool !

I don't think there is anything such as "64-bit network code"...

4 hours ago, takehomethecup said:

I don't think there is anything such as "64-bit network code"...

thats the thing... people hear devs talking about 64bit in one context and then 64bit in another, without understanding anything they say. And then they automatically assume its all the same thing - "64bit" was name dropped so it must have everything that every other game with 64bit in it, right? . ... which is obviously complete bollocks.

Star Citizen uses 64bit precision for objectpositions due to their large "gameworld" (that is mostly empty)... this has nothing to do with "walking inside vehicles".

9 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I use a controller myself, actually. Xpadder is the program. FWIW I also need to use Logitech Setpoint software running in the background as well to edit some of my k+m settings.

Whats the program you're running? 

Bummer about ALiVE and ACE. As if those guys don't have enough to do as it is. :) It'll be worth it though.

I don't run any programs but this is the offending .dll

EZFRD64.dll

It doesn't like the arma 3 64 bit exe, it runs fine on the eurotruck simulator 64 bit, so I'm pretty stumped as to what to actually do here.

Part of me says leave the 64 bit alone as the 3d bit works just fine, the old adage if it ain't broke don't fix it springs to mind.

I've got several of these emulators too, just reluctant to break anything else. I also have Xpadder but the image I have isn't appearing, so I stopped configuring it :smileee:

• Like 1

I deleted the offending folder and can now run the 64 bit.exe, but without benchmark tools for me, it's impossible to tell the 32 bit and 64 bit apart other than one runs ace, the other doesn't as I never had the stuttering, or frame drops, oh yeah, Realshade 7 also doesn't run on the 64 bit without having to switch the dlls.

Added: Combat Patrol multiplayer game mode 

Where can I find that? If I host a server there are no new missions available.

9 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Where can I find that? If I host a server there are no new missions available.

It's under Altis -> "Coop 12 Combat Patrol".

It has a separate mod folder in the game installation folder. It should be loaded automatically like the other default mods.

• Like 2

Hey guys. No mods running.

In single player missions I like to parachute into a mission with a random soldier. But when opening the parachute, a message box appears and kills immersion. "'colorEmpty/' is not a class".

You can try it. Yes I know, rely on auto open chute includes some risk... :)

This goes to the players init:

comment "east west resistance civilian sideEnemy sideFriendly sideUnknown";

0 = [west, "", [800,1500]] spawn {
   private _filter = _this select 1;
   _sideID = [_this select 0] call BIS_fnc_sideID;
   _output = [];
   _units = ((format ["getNumber (_x >> 'scope') isequalto 2 AND getNumber (_x >> 'side') isequalto %1 AND configName _x iskindof 'CAManBase' AND (tolower(getText (_x >> 'displayName')) find _filter) >= 0",_sideID]) configclasses (configfile >> "CfgVehicles"));

waituntil {alive player};
   removebackpack player; player addbackpack "B_Parachute";

private ["_x", "_y"];
   private _overland = false;
   while {!_overland} do
   {
   _x = random worldsize; _y = random worldsize;
   _overland = !([_x, _y, 0] isFlatEmpty [-1, -1, -1, -1, 0, false] isEqualTo []);
   };
   player setdir random 360;
   player setpos [_x,_y, 200 max ((_this select 2 select 0) + random ((_this select 2 select 1) - (_this select 2 select 0)))];

_autoOpenChute = random [80,120,130];
   waitUntil {getPosATL player select 2 < _autoOpenChute};
   player action ["openParachute"];
   waitUntil {isTouchingGround player};
   if (alive player) then
   {
      if ((count _units) > 0) then
      {
         {_output pushback (configname _x)} forEach _units;
         _randomSoldier = selectRandom _output;
         player setUnitLoadout [getUnitLoadout _randomSoldier, true];
      };
   };
};

hey guys, 

i play as a sniper in KOTH, my scopes with 2 diferent zoom options, is kinda hard to switch between zooms, it is happening since that 10GB patch, sometimes it is responding on 3rd or 10th atempt to switch.

for me its pretty gamebreaking, btw its not only me, several of my friends reported same scope zoom bug. 

PLS HELP.

26 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

"'colorEmpty/' is not a class".

Reveal hidden contents

_output = [];
   _units = ((format ["getNumber (_x >> 'scope') isequalto 2 AND getNumber (_x >> 'side') isequalto %1 AND configName _x iskindof 'CAManBase' AND (tolower(getText (_x >> 'displayName')) find _filter) >= 0",_sideID]) configclasses (configfile >> "CfgVehicles"));

private ["_x", "_y"];
   while {!_overland} do
   {
   };
   player setpos [_x,_y, 200 max ((_this select 2 select 0) + random ((_this select 2 select 1) - (_this select 2 select 0)))];

if (alive player) then
   {
      {
      };
   };
};

I had this error pop up as well when starting a mission.

27 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

Hey guys. No mods running.

In single player missions I like to parachute into a mission with a random soldier. But when opening the parachute, a message box appears and kills immersion. "'colorEmpty/' is not a class".

You can try it. Yes I know, rely on auto open chute includes some risk... :)

This goes to the players init:

Reveal hidden contents

_output = [];

private ["_x", "_y"];
   while {!_overland} do
   {
   };

if (alive player) then
   {
      {
      };
   };
};

I remember that bug was once fixed, guess it's back. The cause is definitely this line:

player action ["OpenParachute", player];

I had some error message when trying to download files from aptop in Shadow Fall campaign, and in APEX campaign, there was some icon missing. If i could remember what was the error message....

For me A3 has still one problem that bugs me way too much. AI vehicles when stationary. When I try to make a tracked tank/vehicle battle, my AI starts driving all over the place. If I issue command HOLD, AI tracked vehicles start spinning in spot, and usually turn "ass" to advancing enemy. In vanilla game, same thing.

Is there a way to make AI not panicking with 100% experience when they see enemy vehicles?

I found a way how to keep AI in place and not to spin around. Fuel - 0%. 

• Like 1

one issue the beta has introduced for me is that helicopters wont move to a position with me as squad leader over an ai squad in it. I have to exit the heli then it takes off. Same for landing, it'll just hover. The script works fine in vanilla and in about 3 generations ago betas (just before the official dynamic simulation release).

ok, well now the heli probelm seems minro becuase the whole mission that used to work fine crashes arma 3 hard to the desktop. was working just a few days ago. no mods except cba.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=818992352

4 hours ago, R3vo said:

I remember that bug was once fixed, guess it's back. The cause is definitely this line:

player action ["OpenParachute", player];

There is nothing "definitely" about Arma ;) Same error message appears if you enter a heli for example.

9 hours ago, killzone_kid said:

There is nothing "definitely" about Arma ;) Same error message appears if you enter a heli for example.

That's defnitely true :P But I was refering to the script that was posted. The script itself is fine, but that line causes the error message.

On 13.12.2016 at 11:54 PM, kill mig said:

Artillery Support module is broken - only one round can be fired. "commandArtilleryFire" doesn't work correctly too.

P.s. For mortars only. "Scorcher" work correctly.

22 hours ago, R3vo said:

That's defnitely true :P But I was refering to the script that was posted. The script itself is fine, but that line causes the error message.

The loadout should be set before the backpack change, so player can see who he is already while flying. But definitely I was not able to change the code due to new forum software.

EDIT:

0 = [west, "", [500,1000]] spawn {
   _output = [];
   _units = ((format ["
      getNumber (_x >> 'scope') isequalto 2 AND
      getNumber (_x >> 'side') isequalto %1 AND
      configName _x iskindof 'CAManBase'
      AND (tolower(getText (_x >> 'displayName')) find _filter) >= 0
      AND getText( _x >> 'author' ) == 'Bohemia Interactive'
   ",_sideID]) configclasses (configfile >> "CfgVehicles"));

{
   };
   _saveLoadout = getUnitLoadout player;

private ["_x", "_y"];
   while {!_overland} do
   {
   };
   player setposATL [_x,_y, (_this select 2 select 0) + random ((_this select 2 select 1) - (_this select 2 select 0))];

if (alive player) then {player setUnitLoadout [_saveLoadout, true]};
};

And: Definitely the error message is gone with the newest alpha :-) I've got another one at start of missions, telling something with "default/" which is still there. But I don't know which script triggers it...

Would be nice if there was a sensor added for the Slingload camera i.e. when you press control right click when in a helicopter

• Like 2

I have noticed that AI can not take off from Altis Aero Club Airfield anymore. They will go in circles on the runway