I ran into a really bizarre bug today. In the Virtual Arsenal, the two armored vehicles in the first row (the MRAP is fine) are intangible. Shots pass through, player can pass through... Verified it without mods on the latest devbranch. I don't know how long it has been there or what kind of change could cause that. The rear row has no such problems.

As previous asked can we stay on topic, i can appreciate Project Agro  Argo uses the Arma3 engine, but for all purposes its is a separate game and has is own section of the forums.   :icon_ohmygod:

Well you better issue an infraction to that user for taking the piss. like you did against me

Range settings for camera movement in the Eden editor were adjusted. User can now lower them down to 10% or up to 300%

Thanks for fixing that, however, mouse wheel sensitivity has no effect on my end.

Edit:

I also noticed you deleted the "CategoryNoDesc" attribute control together with the dynamic simulation attribute. I really hope that was by mistake.

There is this VERY annoying bug when player goes prone from jog and then crawls forward and then crawls diagonally backward, the soldier suddenly gets up without the player changing stance intentionally.

It has gotten me killed more than once.

I made a gif:

http://makeagif.com/i/ClRiiw

Those letters on the side are the keyes I am pressing. On this gif you can see me first going prone, then crawling forward, then crawling backwards diagonally, then when I start to crawl forward again, the guy jumps up without any command to do so.

I think it only happens when you go prone from certain stances and movement modes. You might also need to change movement direction more than once while on the ground.

I will write a ticket to tracker tomorrow...

There is this VERY annoying bug when player goes prone from jog and then crawls forward and then crawls diagonally backward, the soldier suddenly gets up without the player changing stance intentionally.

It has gotten me killed more than once.

I made a gif:

http://makeagif.com/i/ClRiiw

Those letters on the side are the keyes I am pressing. On this gif you can see me first going prone, then crawling forward, then crawling backwards diagonally, then when I start to crawl forward again, the guy jumps up without any command to do so.

I think it only happens when you go prone from certain stances and movement modes. You might also need to change movement direction more than once while on the ground.

I will write a ticket to tracker tomorrow...

hm... It is necessary to try this "D".

On DEV of the version this ticket has been solved.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T118468

This might not be related to dev branch... but is anyone having crashes when opening inventories from the briefing menu?

It was supposed to be fixed long ago, with the 1.40 patch :

Fixed: Briefing - Game crashes when managing items in the briefing inventory

But I'm still having problems with it on my end.

EDIT : nevermind, fixed it... You have to define both weapons & magazines configs even if you don't want any weapons in there...

Nope, it keeps crashing...

Good lord, why was the Tactical Ping sound changed? There was nothing wrong with the old one. Now it literally sounds like a Windows 98 error box. Please change it back.

• Like 1

Added: A new menu to preview available GUI grids. Access it by executing following code in Eden Editor's debug console: 0 = (findDisplay 313) createDisplay "RscTestGrids"; (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/GUI_Coordinates)

Damn, already added that to my 3den mod :D

Oh.. I misread, I thought you added a new link to the context menu which would open that menu.

Edit: A question regarding the GUI Grids display. Did you consider to add the 21:9 resolution? It's becoming more and more popular.

Sorry for asking it here, i need fast reply - is this known issue, that after upgrading win7 to win10 arma 3 is not starting? Even launcher is not opening.

Check integrity of game cache if on steam.

Else try to repair it or reinstall.

Cheers

Strange - it start when i launch it from game folder, but now when i click steam shortcut. I cant reinstall it, as my internet connection would download this 20GB (arma 3 + CUP) 3 days.... BTW i cant see diference in terms of performance, not on Win 10, not on brand new PC.

Also i cant set more available memory than 2047MB, previously i was able to set every number here (launcher)

I feel like I need to give a little bump to the below issue:

Full Ghillie (Jungle) [CSAT] Colours and NATO Sniper Wrong LOD

I setup feedback tickets back in August, and seeing as 'House Keeping' on bugs is currently on-going, the issues It could do with a looksee.

The CSAT Jungle sniper is essentially useless in it's current state.

Many of you got excited to see Dynamic Simulation in the Release Candidate build. Unfortunately, as we've expanded on its implementation quite a bit recently, the feature requires more testing time by our QA experts and we've decided not to include it in Update 1.66.

That's a pity, but understandable. You should also consider to use the additional time to collect more feedback. There were some things about the integration into Eden I personally didn't like and I might not be alone.

You should also consider to use the additional time to collect more feedback.

Just to be sure, that's definitely the plan. It accidentally snuck into the RC, and has since continued to change internally.

Once it hits Dev-Branch (which may possibly be right after 166), the designer responsible for the work plans to open up a thread and collect feedback on the state (for now it's considered a bit obsolete, as I get it).

Apologies for any confusion so far!

• Like 7

excuse my ignorance but could someone please point me to a source that explains what this "Dynamic Simulation" is all about? sounds interesting.

• Like 1

excuse my ignorance but could someone please point me to a source that explains what this "Dynamic Simulation" is all about? sounds interesting.

There is no proper source yet. The system was available through Eden for a few days but got removed eventually because of reasons stated above.

It's supposedly a system which dynamically enables/disables the simulation of objects, based on their travel speed and distance to the nearest player, completely configureable through the Eden interface.

• Like 5

Added: More weapon part animations are transmitted over network.

This bit would be nice in A3 because in MP those weapon animations don't sync so they show randomly thus not properly working in MP

Sorry for asking it here, i need fast reply - is this known issue, that after upgrading win7 to win10 arma 3 is not starting? Even launcher is not opening.

Have you tried running A's Launcher in Safe Mode?

You can run the Arma 3 Launcher in Safe Mode by pressing and holding Ctrl + Shift before running the Launcher and releasing them once the Launcher starts

Source: https://arma3.com/launcher/troubleshooting

I was then able to Disable Launcher's UI hardware acceleration which worked for me.

Have you tried running A's Launcher in Safe Mode?

You can run the Arma 3 Launcher in Safe Mode by pressing and holding Ctrl + Shift before running the Launcher and releasing them once the Launcher starts

Source: https://arma3.com/launcher/troubleshooting

I was then able to Disable Launcher's UI hardware acceleration which worked for me.

Today it launched fine from steam library list - from second shot, but it launched. First shot resoulted launcher crash :) But ok, it works now, thanks for reply. :)

could we get namedProperty for models to force drawing distant objects that are near zero pixels? ( https://dev.arma3.com/post/sitrep-00157) let's say I have atgm tracer that I want to be visible no matter of the distance - right now my tracer round disappear after ~1000m, while IRL I would still see a small red dot in the optic. Workaround I found is increasing bound box by adding dummy vertices, it's working yet it's not elegant so I'm wondering if we could see mentioned parameter in the future

helper orbs could use that tech too, since they are also disappearing at larger distance.

• Like 9

if you define a tracer for bullets and shells, they behave this way (tied to config token, not related to model parameters). It scales up/down depending on distance (on longer distance, it scales up). Idk if it works for missiles - i assume it doesnt. Another issue is that tracers do not update their orientation in flight. Same with bullet and shell models for non-artillery (artilleryLock=0). These models also only get displayed below 340m/s velocity, which is really limiting. These things should be opened up to be configurable (model display speed limit and model orientation updating).

There is no proper source yet. The system was available through Eden for a few days but got removed eventually because of reasons stated above.

It's supposedly a system which dynamically enables/disables the simulation of objects, based on their travel speed and distance to the nearest player, completely configureable through the Eden interface.

The documentation and some additional information should be available next week.  :292:

• Like 4