Today i want ask for something that could be revolution for AI infantry.

Its dynamic cover system (i dont know exac name) - used in GTA IV, GTA V, now in Mafia 3, Max Payne 3, and many other games.

Is it possible to adapt it into new (or current) engine?

Right now, current system isnt bad, but AI dont handle it too good. Very often me, and my 1 Ai friend are walking through the village - shootfire - autocombat start - and he think hes hidden. But he is on the barn's wall, and he choose wrong wall to cover, beacuse he is standing in direction where ai was shooting from. This happen very often.

Now with new dynamic cover, Ai could have new line in code, which would seek where fire was from then seek for cover against this fire. I know You at Bohemia have motion capture studio, dynamic covers would lok much better on AI's, and its possible IMHO. I would love to see it on dev branch soon :)

I think the biggest problem with this, other than it likely being unfeasible in the RV engine, is that it would mean that AI controlled soldiers would be able to perform things that players can't. One of the (hallmarks? Benefits) of ARMA is that the AI can't do things that the player can't do. You won't see them doing anything like dive to the side with a special animation because the player opened fire on them, for example.

There is something to be said about the differences between playing against players and playing against AI (Something that I heard they addressed with Civilization VI with the AI leader agendas), but I don't think more convincing AI cover animations would solve the underlying issues regarding taking cover.

Added: A new P3D parameter that will disable model for cover search by the AI ("aicovers=0")

That's neat! I believe this was requested some month ago to prevent AI from taking cover behind chain-link fences.

• Like 4

After today's update I am unable to place objects in Eden without entering some sort of a variable name.

Edit: And this just happened. No way to reliably reproduce it.

System:

Game: Arma 3
Version: 1.65
Build: 139115
Branch: Development
Mods enabled: true
Operating System: Windows

Resolution:
Width: 1920
Height: 1080
UI Scale: 0.7

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120533

This problem is present at DEV of the version. Restriction "144" units regress in "0" units.

In missions the system of emergence of free slots of groups breaks.
It leads to a problem of dynamic groups.
- All players, enter on the server, get into one group
- There is no opportunity to operate the UAV (all UAVs out of group of fraction)
- Emergence of units of protection according to the scenario breaks (units don't appear)

https://youtu.be/v1iWzxIuONs

After today's update I am unable to place objects in Eden without entering some sort of a variable name.

Edit: And this just happened. No way to reliably reproduce it.

System:

Game: Arma 3

Version: 1.65

Build: 139115

Branch: Development

Mods enabled: true

Operating System: Windows

Resolution:

Width: 1920

Height: 1080

UI Scale: 0.7

They are working on fix.

The tooltip of the new init scenario attribute has two mistakes in it:

Expression called upon at start. In multiplayer, it is called on every machine and for each player who joins in the progress. The variable 'this' refers to the affected object.

That's neat! I believe this was requested some month ago to prevent AI from taking cover behind chain-link fences.

Exactly! Not to talk about the obstacle training courses elements at the airfield. Thank you guys! These little tweaks makes the whole game better and better.

• Like 1

Fixed: Tracked amphibious vehicles were not able to move in water

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• Like 1

I'd like to request a small feature in the new editor:

can we get rid of the black border around the map ?

In the old editor, it was easy to place anything off map because the background was white:

d3ebab4e-7a7d-4055-9a60-566c0fd8595d.jpg

In Eden, the background is black, making it not easy to manipulate off map objects:

d815cc4e-c028-497b-9002-938e1b8727a9.jpg

• Like 7

Could we get the old skins for the Zamak back alongside with the new ones?
I mean the blue canvas and the orange box on the service variant.

I know, the following is probably a bit off topic, but I always feel like this thread is for all the things which don't fit anywhere else..

When I played Argo for the first time, I immediately noticed that the right-click-zoom functionality was gone. This felt not only refreshing, but also removed alot of the clunkyness of CQB combat. Furthermore, it actually makes x4 zoom optics more valuable.

At the moment, one can use a holo sight and zoom in which is almost equal to an RCO or MRCO etc.

Anyone else who feels like this?

• Like 2

Even though "zooming with your eyes" functionality is unnatural and unrealistic, I kinda got used to it and while playing Argo I felt really uncomfortable without it. You could actually use it as a FOV slider.

Anyways, not really impressed by that game at all.. They just took ArmA and removed everything good. Also the damage system in Argo is really weird - I have to clear whole magazine to kill and I'm often forced to spray a lot.. Malden is not bad tho, but still the CUP one is faaar better, because it has original buildings and all.

• Like 1

This "zooming with your eyes" is very realistic IMHO, it represent the ability to focus with your eyes. It represent your ability to focus on what you're looking at.

Just look at a distance part of the room where you are. Look in a global direction. Then focus on a specific object, very close from the centre of the direction you were looking at.

It just like squinting when you want to see more details of a distance thing.

This "zooming with your eyes" is very realistic IMHO, it represent the ability to focus with your eyes. It represent your ability to focus on what you're looking at.

Just look at a distance part of the room where you are. Look in a global direction. Then focus on a specific object, very close from the centre of the direction you were looking at.

It just like squinting when you want to see more details of a distance thing.

The effect is there, but it's not as pronounced in real life as it is in the game.

The main issue I have that one can zoom in when in optics, and when comparing a holo sight to a MRCO it becomes quite unfair.

Well only alternative to zooming would be FOV option in game settings (in place of removed "Aspect Ratio"). I personally cant play single player without zooming. I play in 1920x1080, but seeing the enemy is above 200M is real hard for me, but in real life i can easly spot someone at 400 meters and above in dark forest, which mean something - game cannot represent fully humans eye possibilities, so zooming is great in that aspect. Besides that there is famous AI which could spot everything up to 400M as a snipers sometimes.

The effect is there, but it's not as pronounced in real life as it is in the game.

The main issue I have that one can zoom in when in optics, and when comparing a holo sight to a MRCO it becomes quite unfair.

The zoom value changed some time ago. I remember having less zoom with naked eye and holosights, now holosights zoom level is quite close to all 3D combat optics.

I'd reduce naked eye level zoom almost 50%, if it was up to me of course.

The development team is now fully focusing on a clean sweep of the game. This means that for the next couple of weeks we're solely fixing bugs, focusing on performance and minor, yet long-standing issues, and polishing the game.

That's good news! So feedback tracker will soon be empty? ;)

• Like 5

The development team is now fully focusing on a clean sweep of the game. This means that for the next couple of weeks we're solely fixing bugs, focusing on performance and minor, yet long-standing issues, and polishing the game.

In that case:

• In hosted co-op, AI subordinates do not follow the group leader if he is a client. They always follow the server and often ignore 'move' commands.
  • Clients do not see the full names of AI group members in the 'team' tab, or in the casualties list on debrief. The server sees the full names, the client sees only the surname.
  • Please consider showing a playable unit's class icon in the MP lobby. Sometimes mission makers rename the unit with no indication of his role.
  • AI Autoriflemen need to be taught proper muzzle or trigger discipline. They will often be firing a burst while getting up from a crouch or even while turning, causing friendly casualties. This has been happening since at least Arma 2. I'll try to illustrate with a video.
  • Like 1

The development team is now fully focusing on a clean sweep of the game. This means that for the next couple of weeks we're solely fixing bugs,

focusing on performance and minor, yet long-standing issues, and polishing the game.

Can we influence somehow what gets looked into? Like post links to FT tickets? Do some voting?

Can we influence somehow what gets looked into? Like post links to FT tickets? Do some voting?

...or bribe someone?

• Like 4

In Dev build, in the Eden Editor, I just noticed "Dynamic Simulation" section in the "Performance" section of the "Attribute" menu.

It looks like BI are adding optional automatic disableSimulation for AI etc based on the distance from other units.

If ticked entities and groups using 'Dynamic Simulation' will be enabled if within set activation distance from player. Units and manned vehicles will also be enabled by enemy presence.

Related post about script commands in the dev scripting topic: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/151099-scripting-discussion-dev-branch/?p=3115062

Nice :)

• Like 2

kbTell is broken. Any message played through a radio channel results in incomplete audio if you are standing near the speaker. For example, the text "OPFOR backup is flooding into the valley!" will appear in the radio channel, but if you're within earshot of the unit speaking, you might only hear "OPFOR backup is...", followed by static for ten seconds or so. The audio plays properly if you are out of the 3D speaking range of the unit, and it also seems fine through the 'direct' channel.

Error of recalculation of groups in Arma3. A problem of system of recalculation Blocks creation of new group.

The error of recalculation of groups in Dev is made.
In Arma 3, after an error of creation of the 145th group.
After this blocking, there is a problem with groups, with creation of new groups.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120533

20161109122759_1.jpg

kbTell is broken. Any message played through a radio channel results in incomplete audio if you are standing near the speaker. For example, the text "OPFOR backup is flooding into the valley!" will appear in the radio channel, but if you're within earshot of the unit speaking, you might only hear "OPFOR backup is...", followed by static for ten seconds or so. The audio plays properly if you are out of the 3D speaking range of the unit, and it also seems fine through the 'direct' channel.

Thanks for the report. That's a problem we've recently found and programmers are looking into it.

• Like 1

Any chance the layout options menu could get a solid background with a grid, so one can more easily align stuff?

http://imgur.com/a/6SPzy

• Like 6