Don't see much of a difference exept that the right one looks a bit smoother.

Don't see much of a difference exept that the right one looks a bit smoother.

TBH it appears way smoother on my screen, I can count the lines on the left one, while I can't on the right one.

TBH it appears way smoother on my screen, I can count the lines on the left one, while I can't on the right one.

Yeah true, Will this also remove those lines from the night's sky? Because that's where they are very obvious for me.

• Like 4

Here some pieces of information about it:

• The textures must have _adshq suffix
  • The sources  (tga, png) are created in the same way as standard ADS textures (the G channel contains ambient occlusion and the B channel contains diffuse shadow)
  • The ambient occlusion map is stored in alpha channel (better quality) and diffuse shadow map is stored in green channel

This picture shows the difference between the ADS and the ADSHQ:

ads_adshq01-300x300.jpg

ImageToPAA supports the new ADS HQ since the last update of the dev branch of the tools.

No difference...

Yeah true, Will this also remove those lines from the night's sky? Because that's where they are very obvious for me.

Thats a very good question - one of most annoying visual glitches since A1

No difference...

Really? It has made it appear way smoother, removing the bumpy sort of affect that ads maps had 

• Like 1

No difference...

Try enlarging the image - the gradiated lines on the left are quite distinct. I must admit, looking at the thumbnail image, I wasn't quite sure, but on closer inspection, it became very clear :) A very significant improvement, nice!

• Like 3

In the picture, the beam (at the top) looks better with more detail showing with ADSHQ. Is that the intention ?

I've exaggerated the image a bit for those who still can't see the difference to better illustrate it.

70Ozgj3.png

Hopefully it's pretty obvious now how much color banded the shadow is on the left side and how it's hardly noticeable on the right. The texture under the shadow is not affected, just the "shadow layer". As you can see, the left side looks like a block of Kit-Kats before you've eaten them, while the right side looks like that same block of Kit-Kats the day after you've eaten them.

• Like 5

I don't understand why BI just don't Image Comparison sliders:

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/js-image-comparison-sliders/

It's easy and it would make comparing images much easier.

Particularly when the difference is so subtle.

They used it to present the visual upgrade, but here it's only a picture quickly posted on forums to present the feature to the community. Doesn't need a slider.

They used it to present the visual upgrade, but here it's only a picture quickly posted on forums to present the feature to the community. Doesn't need a slider.

If people are having a hard time seeing the difference, I'd say anything that helps is better, right?

Afterall, it's not difficult and it works better.

Bohemia, small features makes this game big, thats what we can read from your changelogs. And everything would be goog, but....

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T119870

And i got question - can someone of you type any key in controls menu to mouse scroll?

• Like 3

Anyone else having this issue after today's update? Seems to be the only type of building that is affected.

http://imgur.com/a/JuGY1

leaving us Dutchies to hold the Bohemia Interactive fort :ph34r:

quick, storm the castle

Thanks devs for listening to our feedback. The improvements made to the create task module and the increase width for the multi line attribute control are very welcome ;)

Since Apex update the game stutters and hitches constantly. It has been unplayable since then.

Im on an i7 6700k at 4.5

Windows 10 latest build

Gtx 1080 all nvidia drivers are the same.

Running on ssd

Constantly freezes then jumps forward to catch up. Did not do this before Apex.

The game used to be very smooth for me. Now even in the editor it stutters.

I can get high fps but still have stutters and hitching

When Apex was a beta it stuttered while the normal build did not.

Are the AI voices fixed on dev branch? I could have sworn that fix made it into stable but I'm still getting the crackly/distorted speaking.

Last time I checked, I don't think the fix was on stable - presuming it's sorted on dev branch, can anyone confirm? :)

• Like 1

Since Apex update the game stutters and hitches constantly. It has been unplayable since then.

Im on an i7 6700k at 4.5

Windows 10 latest build

Gtx 1080 all nvidia drivers are the same.

Running on ssd

Constantly freezes then jumps forward to catch up. Did not do this before Apex.

The game used to be very smooth for me. Now even in the editor it stutters.

I can get high fps but still have stutters and hitching

When Apex was a beta it stuttered while the normal build did not.

Thats pretty strange on your PC. I want to buy same CPU, GPU MSI RX480Gaming X 4GB, with 2300Mhz RAM DDR4 (exacly same kit i'm on now at friend). Did you tried on diferent mallocs, systems?

I've watched this video and I have additional questions.

Will you have to rewrite all of Arma features in Enforce Script?

Won't it create issues for backward compatibility?

Does it mean that the community creators will have to learn a new way to create content?

Thats pretty strange on your PC. I want to buy same CPU, GPU MSI RX480Gaming X 4GB, with 2300Mhz RAM DDR4 (exacly same kit i'm on now at friend). Did you tried on diferent mallocs, systems?

Apologies for offtopic.

Vaisly is there any particular reason you opted for the rx 480 over a gtx 1060?

Maybe you have a freesync monitor. But in my part of the world the gtx 1060 6gb can be bought for around same price as the rx 480 4gb gaming.

I've watched this video and I have additional questions.

Will you have to rewrite all of Arma features in Enforce Script?

Won't it create issues for backward compatibility?

Does it mean that the community creators will have to learn a new way to create content?

He pretty much answered your question in the video.

SQF and EnScript are very different and there is no way to automatically convert SQFto EnScript. So it will most likely mean, we all have to rewrite everything from scratch because there's no backwards compatibility.

That is actually a good thing, because it means no-one will be able to port over slow SQF or SQS scripts into the new Arma game (or what ever it might be)

Furthermore, the need to rewrite everything from scratch means there is alot of potential for improvements of existing scripts and functions.

• Like 1