My video settings is the best for my config. I have tested all settings and actually I have the best for my pc. And the graphics is Amazing! max texture, min objects deatils, cloud ultra (no difference in fps) no shadows, no PiP, msaa ultra (no fps difference), ao ultra (no fps difference because the difference of fps is only at high fps and I reach max 30 fps XD) 100% sampling quality (no fps difference), caustics on (no fps difference), dinamic light ultra and hdr standard. This is my settings, If I set to very low, I have no gain. So It's the game, it's bad optimized but still one of the best game I've seen in my life (16 years XD)... Try Operation flashpoint part 1 (it's the original remaked part of campaign) it's awesome!

It's good that you understand the importance of the Video Settings on performance but.. you've neglected the biggest factor in performance, View Distance. If you're so concerned about performance, then I suggest you request help over in the Troubleshooting section. I'm sure some kind soul from this community will do their best to improve your framerates. Because unless your PC is either ancient or a potato, you can run A3 reasonably well (30-50 fps), e.g. this $600 PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pcknpb

@anim DEVs: there appears to be an issue with the follwoing animation.

amovpercmlmpsraswrfldfl

it is the diagonal forward left limping animation with a rifle equipped. by the looks of it the rtm has been exported without a "step" named property. at least it behaves like one that has that problem.

basically the animation moves forward left but once the anim is done you get reset to where you started.

you can test it out by running this code in the console and then holding W and A at the same time.

player setHitPointDamage ["hitlegs", 1]

maybe someone could be so kind and make a ticket.

Tweaked: The load order of the CfgPatches classes was adjusted. Each deliverable as a whole is now dependent on all of the previous deliverable (in chronological order)

What exactly does that mean ? 

What I think it is:

the neededAddons[] for any pbo is pulled in from the pbos in neededAddons plus all the neededAddons from those pbos (and so forth) ?

Gentelamns, be cool. I found out little trick to get little more FPS - it work for few AMD users.

Change resolution to lower (i use 1600x900) and turn FSAA to X4 (there are artefacts on X2). Now In control panel of AMD settings, turn ON GPU scaliing, and turn ON  VSR. Somehow, this may be a bug in AMD drivers, that it detect FSAA of Arma as VSR (Virtual Super Resolution), but it seems to work for me and few other users. Be sure to unload GPU with other effects if you have older GPU. 7FPS more for me in most situations.

Off course reset game after all.

Have auto save files always been this big? I have multiple saves which are over 50mb in size some even 100mb. That added up to over 1gig in a few days for me. I just think that's strange when the original mission are not even one mb.

Have auto save files always been this big? I have multiple saves which are over 50mb in size some even 100mb. That added up to over 1gig in a few days for me. I just think that's strange when the original mission are not even one mb.

They've always been huge, which is somewhat understandable though. The game saves include much more data than the mission: status of every running script, all the variables, every flying bullet, every spec of dust, every damaged map object etc.

Yeah, check the forum, there was my thread somewhere. When all my free space disapeared, last suspected location was "My documents", but when i saw hom wany A3 folder weight (it was rough 17GB) i almost fall off my chair.

• Like 1

It's good that you understand the importance of the Video Settings on performance but.. you've neglected the biggest factor in performance, View Distance. If you're so concerned about performance, then I suggest you request help over in the Troubleshooting section. I'm sure some kind soul from this community will do their best to improve your framerates. Because unless your PC is either ancient or a potato, you can run A3 reasonably well (30-50 fps), e.g. this $600 PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/pcknpb

I know, yes I forgot the visual distance!! 500 or 100 cause no difference... I have set to 1000

Oh my pc spec:

Intel pentium n3540 4 cores 2,16 GHz autoboost up to 2,66 GHz

RAM 8 GB 1333MHz DDR3

SSD samsung 850 EVO

Nvidia 920m 1 GB dedicated

Notebook.

One of my friends have my gpu but an i5... he's able tu run arma 3 at my settings on 30/35 fps... He have a notebook...

My video settings is the best for my config. I have tested all settings and actually I have the best for my pc. And the graphics is Amazing! max texture, min objects deatils, cloud ultra (no difference in fps) no shadows, no PiP, msaa ultra (no fps difference), ao ultra (no fps difference because the difference of fps is only at high fps and I reach max 30 fps XD) 100% sampling quality (no fps difference), caustics on (no fps difference), dinamic light ultra and hdr standard. This is my settings, If I set to very low, I have no gain. So It's the game, it's bad optimized but still one of the best game I've seen in my life (16 years XD)... Try Operation flashpoint part 1 (it's the original remaked part of campaign) it's awesome!

Ouch! Your settings are max bad.

Try:

Textures - high

Object details - medium

Clouds - low (you have 1 GB of GPU!)

Shadows - let them be disabled

MSAA - DiSABLE

AO - Disable

Dynamic Lights - High

HDR - LOW (!)

Objects/draw distance - 1000

PM me if it work, if it will not we wil try other tricks.

Did something change with the altitude of markers in game recently?  I use UPSMON in just about every mission and now when new groups spawn, they're halfway stuck in the ground.  I'm wondering if markers are technically below sea level now.  I fear the only fix will be trying to come up with a new, simple patrol/respawn script since UPSMON is pretty long in the tooth.

Did something change with the altitude of markers in game recently?  I use UPSMON in just about every mission and now when new groups spawn, they're halfway stuck in the ground.  I'm wondering if markers are technically below sea level now.  I fear the only fix will be trying to come up with a new, simple patrol/respawn script since UPSMON is pretty long in the tooth.

I met this long time ago and dont know its intented or not (too much i wanna ask - about they are intented or not). If you place marker, waypoint, unit, anything and move it on the diferent height on the map, without changing its height by [alt] key, object will land INTO the ground.

lol... looks like messed up skin weighting

All animals suffer from this terrible affliction.

Great, we had too much ambient animals.

Now we have too much Stalker animals.

What next, Doom Monsters?

:P

So Garbage Collection has now been renamed to "Performance" in Eden and there is a new attribute category "Dynamic Simulation". Looks interesting ;)

• Like 1

Ouch! Your settings are max bad.

Try:

Textures - high

Object details - medium

Clouds - low (you have 1 GB of GPU!)

Shadows - let them be disabled

MSAA - DiSABLE

AO - Disable

Dynamic Lights - High

HDR - LOW (!)

Objects/draw distance - 1000

PM me if it work, if it will not we wil try other tricks.

For me the msaa don't change fps, the same for ao, cloud, hdr, dynamic light...

The textures don't change fps for me.

I met this long time ago and dont know its intented or not (too much i wanna ask - about they are intented or not). If you place marker, waypoint, unit, anything and move it on the diferent height on the map, without changing its height by [alt] key, object will land INTO the ground.

I didn't think you could adjust the height of markers.  I have no way of selecting it to alt-drag it.

All animals suffer from this terrible affliction.

Looks a bit like a kangaroo trapped in a goats body.

TANK DLC, 64 BIT SUPPORT, MALDEN FOR FREE? Somone please hit me, I think I am dreaming :D

This roadmap pretty much sums up all the feedback they have recieved over the year, especially the SPEC-OPS DLC.

Any guesses on the Orange DLC?  220px-Logo_landmacht.svg.png

• Like 5

Coffee shops ?

:rofl:

That would explain

we're very much interested in exploring an interesting and unique perspective on the battlefield.

• Like 2

As it's presented, it's either playable content, or a whole new type of sandbox content.

Wow... it's points like this that make me chuckle when people say BI doesn't listen...

A very impressive and exciting road map

Huzzah!!!

• Like 3